Author Topic: How do I go about buying a website domain?  (Read 2352 times)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: How do I go about buying a website domain?
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2008, 02:29:40 PM »
Gene will be my right hand man in this situation. 50/50 like Forest and Bubba. Just not sure a website is the way to bring down the poisoner Chris Mason. You guys got any other ideas?

Maybe a rival supplement company with an ax to grind could sponsor yours and Genes endeavor.

I'd probably just strart shooting emails to various companies and see if something couldn't be done under the table.

Not that I have anything against his products, hell I have never even tried them, just wanted to give you a few advices.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »
If you want to start things off quickly, without having to go through too much of a learning curve, try

www.smfforfree.com

Once you get the hang of things, you can upgrade it so it becomes ad free. Later on, you can maybe think about having an independently hosted site like Getbig.

I don't want to run a site for more than a week or so tbh. Just want a place for people to tell their horror stories about At Large Nutrition. Have you ever tried their colon blow protein powders Kiwi?
E

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2008, 02:32:41 PM »
Have you ever tried their colon blow protein powders Kiwi?

Haha I think I'll pass, especially after looking at your avatar :-X

I usually take Dymatize - good stuff and pretty basic.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2008, 02:34:26 PM »
Maybe a rival supplement company with an ax to grind could sponsor yours and Genes endeavor.

I'd probably just strart shooting emails to various companies and see if something couldn't be done under the table.

Not that I have anything against his products, hell I have never even tried them, just wanted to give you a few advices.

I have people scouring the boards reading and asking anyone if they use his products, then someone I know on here is going to send the list of people to another company and the key is for them to target these individuals aggressively, hopefully offer products half off. I am also open to any and all ideas. He crossed the line by shitting on Rons site, making me shit my pants and making Genes face break out.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 02:35:13 PM »
Haha I think I'll pass, especially after looking at your avatar :-X

I usually take Dymatize - good stuff and pretty basic.

That is a good product indeed. No anal leakage whatsoever, unlike Chris' products.
E

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 02:38:23 PM »
I don't want to run a site for more than a week or so tbh. Just want a place for people to tell their horror stories about At Large Nutrition. Have you ever tried their colon blow protein powders Kiwi?

dont waste your time, just start a thread here.  if it isnt info for clients or making you some money...dont bother.   
Oh...Monica!

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
I was pissed at Cingular a few years ago and was going to get a domain cingularsucks.com, cingularblows.com,  etc...  I kept coming up with domain names but they were always taken.  I was like WTF?? when I went to check to see who had registered these names it turned out to be Cingular.  I guess they knew people would be doing that shit...lol.

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2008, 02:43:39 PM »
I was pissed at Cingular a few years ago and was going to get a domain cingularsucks.com, cingularblows.com,  etc...  I kept coming up with domain names but they were always taken.  I was like WTF?? when I went to check to see who had registered these names it turned out to be Cingular.  I guess they knew people would be doing that shit...lol.

what they end up doing is having to purchase the domain from the webmaster.  i forgot but one company paid $25K or something like that to get rid of one of the suck sites a couple of yrs back.
Oh...Monica!

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2008, 02:44:39 PM »
dont waste your time, just start a thread here.  if it isnt info for clients or making you some money...dont bother.   

That's the whole idea I am rallying against. I am sick of people using Ron to make money. They are ruining our site and Chris is by far the biggest culprit.
E

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2008, 02:45:06 PM »
I was pissed at Cingular a few years ago and was going to get a domain cingularsucks.com, cingularblows.com,  etc...  I kept coming up with domain names but when I went to check to see who had registered these names it turned out to be Cingular.  I guess they knew people would be doing that shit...lol.

Love to see that board meeting where a bunch of stuffy, white collar, upper-management sit around a table with pens and paper, tossing out names that would put Cingular in a negative light... then registering them online.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2008, 02:46:10 PM »
what they end up doing is having to purchase the domain from the webmaster.  i forgot but one company paid $25K or something like that to get rid of one of the suck sites a couple of yrs back.

I saw the story about the guys who bought sex.com a few years back. Two people were fighting over it, one is rich as hell the other one never got a dime. Or something like that.
E

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2008, 02:48:53 PM »
here is a hint:   don't buy useless supplements.    limit yourself to additive free protein powders (such as custom blends at trueprotein.com), multivitamins, and oils high in EFAs.  everything else is either worthless or just not cost effective.   use all the money you save to buy membership at a better gym.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2008, 02:52:25 PM »
here is a hint:   don't buy useless supplements.    limit yourself to additive free protein powders (such as custom blends at trueprotein.com), multivitamins, and oils high in EFAs.  everything else is either worthless or just not cost effective.   use all the money you save to buy membership at a better gym.

Good advice. You have any advice on getting rid of useless supplement pushers who come on here to con people?
E

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2008, 02:53:22 PM »

make sure you use those discount codes floating around getbig. 
Oh...Monica!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »
He crossed the line by shitting on Rons site, making me shit my pants and making Genes face break out.

Perhaps get Gene to dig up some recent pictures of his face before it started to break out, and if you can't just try to find a Gene "look-a-like" with a better complexion for a before and after pic.

I would also try to get restitution for all of Genes costly trips to the dermatologist.

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2008, 02:57:57 PM »
Perhaps get Gene to dig up some recent pictures of his face before it started to break out, and if you can't just try to find a Gene "look-a-like" with a better complexion for a before and after pic.

I would also try to get restitution for all of Genes costly trips to the dermatologist.

Gene is looking into suing Chris obviously, not for the money but to get the point across that his products are bogus. I am thinking of suing him too, but what price do you put on your dignity?
E

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2008, 03:00:01 PM »
Gene is looking into suing Chris obviously, not for the money but to get the point across that his products are bogus. I am thinking of suing him too, but what price do you put on your dignity?
I could not begin to under-value Bluto's.  :D

divcom

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2008, 03:03:35 PM »

? what's the difference between his products and the rest...outside of them being larger than him?  sugar flavor protein is sugar flavor protein...no matter the brand on the package.  let him make is money and sell his stuff
Oh...Monica!

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »
Why dont you just register WWW.TP4U.COM and make it a tribute site for him and his retarded brother

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »

Perhaps Gene could find a good lawyer that specializes in punitive damages, and then use the money awarded to him, not as profit, but as a means of starting an "anti - AtLarge nutrition" campaign.

Gene could use the money to help brush up his skills in front of a television camera and run a series of commercial spots on television in which he explains the devestating effects that the companies products have done to his life.

Monies award through the judgement could always be used for Genes car rentals, meals on the road, publicity, hotels etc. etc. etc...

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
Why dont you just register WWW.TP4U.COM and make it a tribute site for him and his retarded brother

Now that is a good idea, kind of like Jerrys Kids. We could have a telethon for the retards.
E

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 03:24:43 PM »
Perhaps Gene could find a good lawyer that specializes in punitive damages, and then use the money awarded to him, not as profit, but as a means of starting an "anti - AtLarge nutrition" campaign.

Gene could use the money to help brush up his skills in front of a television camera and run a series of commercial spots on television in which he explains the devestating effects that the companies products have done to his life.

Monies award through the judgement could always be used for Genes car rentals, meals on the road, publicity, hotels etc. etc. etc...

Another fine idea, if you guys want to see some justice voice your opinion in this thread.

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=249730.0
E

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2008, 03:28:50 PM »

Now that is a good idea, kind of like Jerrys Kids. We could have a telethon for the retards.

hahaha

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2008, 03:30:12 PM »

:)