Author Topic: The Breakdown of Anabolic Users...  (Read 9223 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
The Breakdown of Anabolic Users...
« on: November 29, 2008, 11:56:47 PM »

1.)  The Roid Monkey - Typically lives from vial to vial, amp to amp.  Behaviour mimics that of a drug addict, only that he lives for the anabolic high, elevated testosterone levels and subsequent lowered estrogen levels.  These types are spotted easily at a gym because the body-type and accompanying sides are prevalent when dealing with people in this industry.  If you have any questions as to what type of person I'm referring, google these pros (Dave Palumbo, Greg Kovacs).  For those of you who remember the "Palumboism" thread made by Marble back in the day, this was a perfect piece which described the phenomenon in question.  These guys megadose AAS to the point where diminishing returns leave their body looking like a wasteland, flat muscle bellies, mounds of scar tissue protruding from weird places, distended abdominal wall etc.  These guys are walking, talking biological experiments.

2.) The Responsible User - Typically late twenties to mid-thirties, college educated, experienced in terms of cycles and background information on AAS.  Will own several AAS reference guides and publications, having read them all and usually has a wealth of studies to back up their opinions.  They don't rely on google searches, nor "gym rat" second hand knowledge passed down through the ages.  This is the thinking man's anabolic user.  Intelligent, responsible, cautious and well reasoned.  Probably has no professional bodybuilding aspirations, has a family and most likely makes enough money to the point where HG is all he will consider.  This guy is the one who is hurt the most from ORD because the ripple effect makes it harder for him to import AAS, where he obtains the majority of his fresh stash.

3.) The Casual User - This guy mainly cares about how the muscle looks, rather than how it functions nor about his longterm health.  He will use HG or UG, whatever he can get his hands on because it's all about getting in that last cycle before his annual vacation to Boca Raton.  When May hits he appears on the Steroid Forum to make his annual "summer cutter abs" thread in which he asks for cycles that will rip him up for the beach.  Nevermind the fact that it's all been said before, he's looking for bigger and better ideas to shed fat and showcase those abs.  He's really not even a lifter or bodybuilder for that matter, but it's all about the abs, nugga!  Women love those summer cutter abs.   :P

4.)  The HRT King - He's up there in age, usually pushing mid-forties or above and came up on the AAS game very late in life.  He's active in the gym and keeps a healthy lifestyle, though not a true lifter in the traditional sense he'd like an extra boost.  He's been prescribed HRT doses by his PCP but finds it lacking in terms of punch and laughs at the idea of "androgel" being the cure-all.  He's got the money to pay the ridiculous prices for "life extension clinics" and thinks nothing of dropping a few G's on overpriced GH.  Clearly this guy has the financial flexibility to call the shots, just too bad he waited so long to start using AAS.  He could have been a contender.....

Obviously, there are more sub-categories and I'd welcome hearing any of your recommendations because alot of you train in some funky gyms and come in contact with strange characters who are obviously juiced to the gills and probably running more Trenbolone Acetate than some cattle out there.

Please add to the list if you care to.   :-X

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: The Breakdown of Anabolic Users...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 12:30:10 AM »
I would definitely split the "Roid Monkey" category into two parts.

1. The drug addict as you put it
2. The one who lives amp to amp out of necessity but as responsibly as he can. 

One thing is for sure, since starting up probodybuilding.com I've learned more about the performance enhancing drug world then I ever have. Specifically who's using what, how much, who's full of shit, etc.

I've begun to find it quite amusing when I skim through the G&O board with some of the comments various people make about certain pro's. Examples of what I'm talking about (sorry, not going to name any names, so if anyone ask you're wasting your time)

*The Insulin claims: some of the biggest names form some of the biggest guys, they do not use it, many of the smaller guys who everyone on getbig thinks are insulin free, guess what? Bullshit

*HGH: Same as above, most use it, but in most cases not to the level many believe. There are those that do, but they are not the majority.

*Test is king, big fat ass doses of it. I'd say better then half of the vets don't really mess with orals in the off-season, and only to touch up during contest prep.

*Test esters: enanthate, cypionate, propionate; those are what the majority use...most don't seem to find a need for blends

*All IFBB pro's are irresponsible dope heads: Bullshit! many of these guys although they run large quantities, especially the test, use fairly responsibly. Time on equals time off? No way, but they are not sitting in bathroom stalls injecting an amp of test every hour like some seem to think.

*Most of these guys understand that using large quantities of AAS for years may indeed have some harmful and adverse effects...they are not unaware of this. Many of these guys are very, very particular as to where their stuff comes from, they plan, they have a set path they follow, etc.

Long story short, the claims of this guy should be more like this guy and not abuse drugs is a bullshit claim...genetics is still the name of the game and most don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 12:41:36 AM »

One thing is for sure, since starting up probodybuilding.com I've learned more about the performance enhancing drug world then I ever have. Specifically who's using what, how much, who's full of shit, etc.

I've begun to find it quite amusing when I skim through the G&O board with some of the comments various people make about certain pro's. Examples of what I'm talking about (sorry, not going to name any names, so if anyone ask you're wasting your time)

*The Insulin claims: some of the biggest names form some of the biggest guys, they do not use it, many of the smaller guys who everyone on getbig thinks are insulin free, guess what? Bullshit

*HGH: Same as above, most use it, but in most cases not to the level many believe. There are those that do, but they are not the majority.

*Test is king, big fat ass doses of it. I'd say better then half of the vets don't really mess with orals in the off-season, and only to touch up during contest prep.

*Test esters: enanthate, cypionate, propionate; those are what the majority use...most don't seem to find a need for blends

*All IFBB pro's are irresponsible dope heads: Bullshit! many of these guys although they run large quantities, especially the test, use fairly responsibly. Time on equals time off? No way, but they are not sitting in bathroom stalls injecting an amp of test every hour like some seem to think.

*Most of these guys understand that using large quantities of AAS for years may indeed have some harmful and adverse effects...they are not unaware of this. Many of these guys are very, very particular as to where their stuff comes from, they plan, they have a set path they follow, etc.

Long story short, the claims of this guy should be more like this guy and not abuse drugs is a bullshit claim...genetics is still the name of the game and most don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.

When I say "living amp to amp, vial to vial", I'm talking about lifters who shotgun anabolics in a syringe like it's a cocktail drink with no rhyme or reason.

Loading up 3mL injections of multiple drugs with no end in sight simply for a euphoric anabolic high.

In some ways it reminds me of a crack addict looking towards that next fix, only that it's a meathead who's more worried about a myriad of things.

Food, lifting, whey isolate.......

The Roid Monkeys are the meatheads of the bunch, not thinking or rationalizing their behaviour or the longterm consequences of such.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 07:21:10 AM »
The roid monkey himself visit this board quite often, first it was under the name candidizzle and now it is tbombz :)

Big Rock.

• Getbig II
  • Quit yer snivelin'
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 07:55:38 AM »
You got way too much time on you hands Div.  ;D

However, that being said, I'll copp to being a varient of #4.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 11:20:17 AM »

Come on bro.......bottomline is the ONLY person that knows what a pro is taking is a pro.  Look at the progression of bodybuilding over the years.  Do you honestly believe training and nutrition are so advanced as to be responsible for producing the Kevin Levrone's and Ronnie Coleman's of the world?  Do you honestly think that if the amount of drugs and drug use that exists today in the Pros was around in Arnold's day you wouldn't see the size that you do today?  The entire sport of bodybuilding is built on this dichotomy that pros don't take nearly what you think they do and they take a helluva lot more than you could imagine.  They love it that way!  It keeps everybody guessing.  But like you said, if you don't have the genetics all the drugs in the world won't make a damn bit of difference.  But if you have the genetics to be a pro and step on stage with the likes of a Ronnie Coleman drugs will make or break those aspirations.  Most of the online bodybuilding community is full of idiots, wannabes, and people that know fuck all about real training and nutrition except for what they read in bodybuilding magazines.  When it comes to drugs and drug use the online bodybuilding community is even more uninformed.  Pros are using the shit out of GH and have been for years.  The bodybuilders of the 80's and early 90's are probably the peak of what a bodybuilder with pro genetics can achieve using anabolics.  The 21st century bodybuilder is a result of a massive increase in drug use....specifically GH and slin.  There is a point of diminishing returns with anabolic steroids.  After a certain point taking testosterone beyond a certain point will not yield any more dramatic increases in muscle mass.......hence this point was reached 10-15 years ago. 

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2008, 11:23:45 AM »
One thing you can asbolutely tell a difference in among pros is the quality of muscle on stage today......i.e. that hard, dense, rock/granite look has disappeared.  Guys are bigger than ever nowadays but that dry ass shredded look ala Munzer is gone.  No one is using lasix like they did even 10 years ago.  It's evident in the physiques. 

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2008, 11:38:56 AM »
One thing you can asbolutely tell a difference in among pros is the quality of muscle on stage today......i.e. that hard, dense, rock/granite look has disappeared.  Guys are bigger than ever nowadays but that dry ass shredded look ala Munzer is gone.  No one is using lasix like they did even 10 years ago.  It's evident in the physiques. 

I think Insulin has a lot to do with that loss in detail in the physiques.  You can especially tell the difference in the shoulders, less striations and cuts in the shoulders than there used to be, even in the 90's.

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2008, 11:42:03 AM »
I think Insulin has a lot to do with that loss in detail in the physiques.  You can especially tell the difference in the shoulders, less striations and cuts in the shoulders than there used to be, even in the 90's.

Yes big difference. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »
  Come on bro.......bottomline is the ONLY person that knows what a pro is taking is a pro.  Look at the progression of bodybuilding over the years.  Do you honestly believe training and nutrition are so advanced as to be responsible for producing the Kevin Levrone's and Ronnie Coleman's of the world?  Do you honestly think that if the amount of drugs and drug use that exists today in the Pros was around in Arnold's day you wouldn't see the size that you do today?  The entire sport of bodybuilding is built on this dichotomy that pros don't take nearly what you think they do and they take a helluva lot more than you could imagine.  They love it that way!  It keeps everybody guessing.  But like you said, if you don't have the genetics all the drugs in the world won't make a damn bit of difference.  But if you have the genetics to be a pro and step on stage with the likes of a Ronnie Coleman drugs will make or break those aspirations.  Most of the online bodybuilding community is full of idiots, wannabes, and people that know fuck all about real training and nutrition except for what they read in bodybuilding magazines.  When it comes to drugs and drug use the online bodybuilding community is even more uninformed.  Pros are using the shit out of GH and have been for years.  The bodybuilders of the 80's and early 90's are probably the peak of what a bodybuilder with pro genetics can achieve using anabolics.  The 21st century bodybuilder is a result of a massive increase in drug use....specifically GH and slin.  There is a point of diminishing returns with anabolic steroids.  After a certain point taking testosterone beyond a certain point will not yield any more dramatic increases in muscle mass.......hence this point was reached 10-15 years ago. 

What you said is kind of what I was getting at. People have made their minds up as to what the real truth is and it doesn't matter what the real truth actually is since their minds are already made up.

Now maybe I was misunderstood a little bit in my last post...I'm not saying pro's are taking small amounts of drugs. I'm saying there is a large misconception as to how much drugs, which drugs, who's using what and who's not, etc.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »
What you said is kind of what I was getting at. People have made their minds up as to what the real truth is and it doesn't matter what the real truth actually is since their minds are already made up.

Now maybe I was misunderstood a little bit in my last post...I'm not saying pro's are taking small amounts of drugs. I'm saying there is a large misconception as to how much drugs, which drugs, who's using what and who's not, etc.

tell us how much test you hear a *non specific* pro bodybuilder was using

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »
tell us how much test you hear a *non specific* pro bodybuilder was using

2000mg/wk seems to be a common amount for maintenance, 3500mg/wk seems to be a common trend for Off-Season growth.

There are guys who run more, but not as many as some might think.

There are guys that run less too, and some of them are some of the more well known successful BB out there.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 07:54:01 AM »
2000mg/wk seems to be a common amount for maintenance, 3500mg/wk seems to be a common trend for Off-Season growth.

There are guys who run more, but not as many as some might think.

There are guys that run less too, and some of them are some of the more well known successful BB out there.

I know very little about aas, but i know that isnt a small dose.
According to google an adult male produces around 50mg per week. That means these guys have 70 times more hormones than a normal man!!! :o

gives the phrase 'all drugs' a lot of merit!
tank u jesus

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
the normal man isnt carrying around 250lb + of lean muscle tho............ id say 3500 doesnt sound that bad, im guessing the lads on low doses are well into insulin tho?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 07:01:01 PM »
the normal man isnt carrying around 250lb + of lean muscle tho............ id say 3500 doesnt sound that bad, im guessing the lads on low doses are well into insulin tho?

I know for fact, 100% positive that one of the biggest guys who is one of the biggest names out there cruises on 2000mg/test/wk and doesn't touch insulin.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 07:21:12 PM »
I know for fact, 100% positive that one of the biggest guys who is one of the biggest names out there cruises on 2000mg/test/wk and doesn't touch insulin.

I know you're much more in the know with the pros than most here, but I can't honestly believe that he's being 100% honest.

Secondly, if he cruises on 2g's a week, what does he bulk on?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 07:44:14 PM »
Damn DIV great thread, this shit needs to be in Men's Health, but they can't be honest to their readers, genious thread actually.  Aj thanks for the breakdown of PRO's vs us, maybe I should up my dosage by x2 and be at 2gr, would come out to be about 130 a month, not too bad for expenses considering protein powder would usually cost someone that much.

jt
TEAM Nasser

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 08:21:45 PM »
I know you're much more in the know with the pros than most here, but I can't honestly believe that he's being 100% honest.

Secondly, if he cruises on 2g's a week, what does he bulk on?

Don't know but I can ask.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2008, 08:32:05 PM »
Don't know but I can ask.

Sweet, thanks chief.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2008, 08:33:18 PM »
did you talk to their dealer, arnold ? lololol

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2008, 08:41:42 PM »
did you talk to their dealer, arnold ? lololol

Most of these guys (the smart ones) don't use dealers any more

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:25 PM »
Most of these guys (the smart ones) don't use dealers any more

What, they magically conjer up their shit or something?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2008, 09:40:34 PM »
homebrew or through doctor ?

Alex23

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2008, 11:38:34 PM »
 Pros are using the shit out of GH and have been for years.  The bodybuilders of the 80's and early 90's are probably the peak of what a bodybuilder with pro genetics can achieve using anabolics.  The 21st century bodybuilder is a result of a massive increase in drug use....specifically GH and slin.  There is a point of diminishing returns with anabolic steroids.  After a certain point taking testosterone beyond a certain point will not yield any more dramatic increases in muscle mass.......hence this point was reached 10-15 years ago. 

Great post Mcmannus. AJr, you tend to dellusionize.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 10:23:13 AM »
What, they magically conjer up their shit or something?

No, but you don't have to go through a dealer

homebrew or through doctor ?

Not Homebrew

Great post Mcmannus. AJr, you tend to dellusionize.

I haven't said anything that's not true...I have no reason to.

Think what you'd like...doesn't make it true or false. The truth is truth