Author Topic: Which is more Noble to you? "Hard work or SMART work"  (Read 13397 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Which is more Noble to you? "Hard work or SMART work"
« on: December 03, 2008, 11:47:23 AM »
You hear "hard work" thrown around and touted as if it is some badge of courage when it simply is a way to appease, trick and fool the mindless masses into encouragement to keep "the conveyor belt" going.  It gives the automata a chance for a false sense of reflection for purpose and usefulness which fulfills the lie or myth that the harder one works, the more rewarding it becomes even at the cost of happiness and dare I say life.

The NAZI regime knew full well this paradox and made sure that the motto, "Arbeit Macht Frei", or "Work makes men free", was the first and the last thing any prisoner saw as they were led into and out of the various Work concentration camps.  The credulous went on believing that perhaps if they work hard or harder or the hardest they will have a chance of freedom and happiness. While the circumstances for today are certainly different, the same motto still exists and flourishes which leaves the incredulity of the paradox wholly intact.

The idea that hard work is somehow an exercise in nobility or purity is truly mislabeled and is in fact missing the tag of futility and perhaps even ignorance.  If anyone has read George Orwell`s Animal Farm he warns of the same point with the characterization of Boxer the horse.  Boxer was the hardest working member of the farm who, when things got tough or when he did not understand simple concepts, reverted to his own personal motto of "Must....Work...HARDER!".  Boxer was also portrayed as being very strong and able, but also very dumb and unquestioning.  He nearly works himself to death, and after his usefulness is nearly expended, he is tricked into getting into a van which takes him to be slaughtered for glue.

This all parallels today:

In case you haven`t guessed by now, I stack my chips under the SMART WORK school of thought as opposed to the HARD WORK mantra.  I will be curious to see who comes out in favor of the opposite as I have seen some of the mindless tout the above freely and use it to mask and cover their envy and despisal of the educated or the privileged or affluent.

The history of America has rewarded the ones who favor Smart Work by allowing them to use and exploit those fooled into doing "Hard Work" all the while the "Hard Workers" don`t even realize it.  They choose instead to continually to polish that thinly gilded badge of courage and present it whenever challenged not recognizing that the badge is but a gifted faux ornament from their masters.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
Re: Which is more Noble to you? "Hard work or SMART work"
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:53:46 AM »

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 11:55:36 AM »
dorian worked harder in the gym than ronnie
Z

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:57:12 AM »
theres no god but god and muhammed is the messenger of god.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
Working smarter is definately the way to go. Alot of physical jobs require more "hard work" than most and current workers in this field will tout the whole "work harder" mantra like the rest of society doesn't work as hard as them. Ironically it was said workers who were the ones who failed school due to lack of intelligence or generally just being lazy and doing other things when they should of been learning.

That being said, there is nothing wrong with "working hard" per se but it's the stupidity and herd mentality that usually comes with it which is what annoys me.
Exactly.

Alex23

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 11:59:50 AM »
"Hard" working ensures and provides validation from the social group.

Same as using its own gimmick as above to validate his own thread.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2008, 12:05:29 PM »
I do think "Hard Work" can be noble if it is treated fairly and not exploited.  This is also the crux of my argument.  "Hard Workers" tend to be self depricating and do not realize that the ones who they claim to hate, have them carefully lined in position which makes the ones in control, the sole benefactors of the worker`s labor instead of the other way around. 

Karl Marx is right in this sense that the workers do not realize they are being used as pawns and therefore glorify themselves with a false sense of honor and purpose when the real fight should be for equality and betterment.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2008, 12:12:43 PM »
hard work AND smart work

how about that

kinda like my posting

the hard work is the sheer volume

the smart work is the content

quality AND quantity

Z

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »
hard work AND smart work

how about that

kinda like my posting

the hard work is the sheer volume

the smart work is the content

quality AND quantity

I think that concept is viable as I do recognize that both do not have to be mutually exclusive.  Sadly, most are herded into one minus the other as our American society has dictated from day one.

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2008, 12:20:48 PM »
"Hard work" for me would a few extra hours in the lab - or doing some extensive literature seaches to find some solution to an experiment based problem. For one year during undergrad I was outta school working out of a labor pool then as a pest control tech - that shiit was for the birds!! But still in my line of profession as in education our administrators have the highest salaries with less education - so I guess they are woking smarter. I though about getting out of the lab but I love what I do.

BTW - It's all about working smarter - yes that work hard shiit is drilled into people who lie at the bottom - so those at the top won't have to work hard.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 12:22:03 PM »
dorian worked harder in the gym than ronnie
Not true.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
smart work=drug dealing
hardwork=carpentry
A

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 12:34:56 PM »

Alex23

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 12:35:51 PM »
smart work=drug dealing
hardwork=carpentry

Falcon, you do manual work. Do you take pride in your work?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 12:36:09 PM »
'Four legs good, two legs bad.'    ;)

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2008, 12:38:14 PM »
dont work harder, work smarter
L

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2008, 12:47:57 PM »
 people with high paid jobs often feel as bad as "dumb" people without diplomas who work manual jobs ...

hapiness has nothing to do with only the job you're doing, it's a mix of  social sucess and fullfilment in your job (wathever it is), stable honnest relationships with family/loved ones and the fulfillment of basic needs like having a home tv a car and food in the fridge.

Most people with high paying jobs often complain how stressed and empty they feel on a daily basis, how they lose contact with simple yet important things in life. A lot of them sacrifice their honnesty trying to reach for things that dont even make em happier as they figure it in the end .

Most manual workers complain about their shity job conditions and the "boss", yet are unable to deal with the responsabilities of having a higher place in the hierarchy.

you have people with "bad" jobs being happy (but mostly unhappy), and people with "good" jobs being unhappy (and rarely happy).

What is rarer, are people happy with their jobs wether it's a good or bad one. Basically everyone think working sucks.

It's all about one's mindset, there are no general rules to apply to everyone when it comes to personal hapiness.

Alex23

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 12:48:47 PM »
people with high paid jobs often feel as bad as "dumb" people without diplomas who work manual jobs ...

hapiness has nothing to do with only the job you're doing, it's a mix of  social sucess and fullfilment in your job (wathever it is), stable honnest relationships with family/loved ones and the fulfillment of basic needs like having a home tv a car and food in the fridge.

Most people with high paying jobs often complain how stressed and empty they feel on a daily basis, how they lose contact with simple yet important things in life.

Most manual workers complain about their shity job conditions and the "boss", yet are unable to deal with the responsabilities of having a higher place in the hierarchy.

you have people with "bad" jobs being happy, and people with "good" jobs being unhappy.

What is rarer, are people happy with their jobs wether it's a good or bad one. Basically everyone think working sucks.

Very true. quoted for it.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 12:49:51 PM »
So what about fools like daddywaddy who pretend to own 3 houses and be thier own boss, but continue to post from some abandoned apt with his junkie freinds? Is he just working hard at being dumb ?
L

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »
So what about fools like daddywaddy who pretend to own 3 houses and be thier own boss, but continue to post from some abandoned apt with his junkie freinds? Is he just working hard at being dumb ?

You gotta love people that work hard to avoid work.

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 12:51:46 PM »

Most people with high paying jobs often complain how stressed and empty they feel on a daily basis, how they lose contact with simple yet important things in life.

you have people with "bad" jobs being happy, and people with "good" jobs being unhappy.

exactly, the rich ones are unhappy because the neighbours are have more millions on the bank then they have. real pathetic.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 12:53:36 PM »

Proof TA is an idiot.
coming from the phony Wharton business school MBA. ::)

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2008, 12:54:56 PM »
I always thought cartpusher at walmart is a gallant and noble work. It is smart, because it makes you hard.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2008, 12:55:35 PM »

Proof TA is an idiot.
Proof that you never read Marx.

Certainly in his weighty tome, there are many things you could take away and agree with even if you don`t support the entire message.

You would agree with Marx on a whole lot of things I am sure if you bothered to read him.  You can`t just paint it with one broad stroke as being "bad" or "wrong".

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2008, 12:55:42 PM »
coming from the phony Wharton business school MBA. ::)
Not as phony as Junkie Falcon...when asked how many houses he owns he replied

only a few myself also partially own some

im decently connected though to find enough work and i have perfect credit
hahahahahahah the dude doesnt even own a clean pair of boxer shorts hahah
L