Author Topic: Is anyone watching this bailout BS?  (Read 22646 times)

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
Re: Is anyone watching this bailout BS?
« Reply #300 on: December 05, 2008, 09:01:02 PM »
couldn't have said it better myself  ;)

You're a good man, AXA.  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #301 on: December 05, 2008, 09:05:47 PM »
You're a good man, AXA.  ;)

I hate these close minded people who say, oh we are the only living things in this entire universe. ..... ::)

the universe is so big, it would take millions of years of traveling at the speed of light to get anywhere, yet they somehow still
believe we're the only living things LMAO.

I wonder if they are less or more advanced than us, I'm guessing more advanced, just based on the fact
that the milky way hasn't been around as long as the other galaxies.
I just hope who ever is out there is friendly and comes in PEACE  >:(

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #302 on: December 05, 2008, 09:13:19 PM »
I hate these close minded people who say, oh we are the only living things in this entire universe. ..... ::)

the universe is so big, it would take millions of years of traveling at the speed of light to get anywhere, yet they somehow still
believe we're the only living things LMAO.

I wonder if they are less or more advanced than us, I'm guessing more advanced, just based on the fact
that the milky way hasn't been around as long as the other galaxies.
I just hope who ever is out there is friendly and comes in PEACE  >:(

Trust me, if they're intelligent enough to make their way to us, they will have nothing but noble intentions. Violence and destructive interests are unintelligent because they are ignorant to the fact that the energy that constitutes and manifests all things is all a part of itself.

Also, honestly, some people just won't understand.  :-\ They're on their own journey and haven't developed to that point required yet.
Some people simply aren't smart enough to grasp certain concepts. So don't let those people bother you, and don't even try to reach them if it is apparent they can't grasp it. Just form your own concept of things and be content with your approach.  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2008, 09:28:17 PM »
Trust me, if they're intelligent enough to make their way to us, they will have nothing but noble intentions. Violence and destructive interests are unintelligent because they are ignorant to the fact that the energy that constitutes and manifests all things is all a part of itself.

Also, honestly, some people just won't understand.  :-\ They're on their own journey and haven't developed to that point required yet.
Some people simply aren't smart enough to grasp certain concepts. So don't let those people bother you, and don't even try to reach them if it is apparent they can't grasp it. Just form your own concept of things and be content with your approach.  ;)

When I see an Atheist, I feel sorry for them, they have no hope in life. Literally, no god, no hope!
some people just want to believe that we were simply created out of nothingness for no reason.
even though all the laws of nature create disorder, it somehow by some chance formed into the complete beings that we are today
MAGICALLY!

They call Atheism "Logical" I call it "Illogical"
it's wiser to believe in a creator than to believe everything just happened BY CHANCE!

Many people of this world need to open up their eyes and see.  :-\
they're blinding themselves and hurting themselves by limiting themselves so much.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #304 on: December 05, 2008, 10:04:00 PM »
When I see an Atheist, I feel sorry for them, they have no hope in life. Literally, no god, no hope!
some people just want to believe that we were simply created out of nothingness for no reason.
even though all the laws of nature create disorder, it somehow by some chance formed into the complete beings that we are today
MAGICALLY!

They call Atheism "Logical" I call it "Illogical"
it's wiser to believe in a creator than to believe everything just happened BY CHANCE!

Many people of this world need to open up their eyes and see.  :-\
they're blinding themselves and hurting themselves by limiting themselves so much.

Most athiests I've met are actually just very critical thinkers who have reached a "sticking point" in their concept of everything. I have far more respect for them if they don't believe because of critical thinking than someone who does believe because they've blindly believed what someone else told them. Most of them just haven't developed to the point of understanding things in terms of ENERGY, in terms of everything operating interconnectedly and ENERGETICALLY. But, again, most athiests I've met are mentally far past anyone who has blindly accepted things.

I was a christian when I was younger. Once I developed very critical thinking skills I developed into an athiest because the stories were so outlandish. Then I discovered metaphysics and started thinking in terms of energy. My sense for energy, my surroundings, etc...  continued to grow. Through time I realized everything is interconnected energetically, is in a sense the same thing and is contributing to itself, to this "pool" of energy we consider everything to be. I am now the furthest thing from an athiest, believing deeply in god, just not associated with one particular religion. I believe deeply in the fact that god is all things and is the progressive energy that manifests and interconnects all things.  ;)

The Coach

« Reply #305 on: December 05, 2008, 10:14:31 PM »
Most athiests I've met are actually just very critical thinkers who have reached a "sticking point" in their concept of everything. I have far more respect for them if they don't believe because of critical thinking than someone who does believe because they've blindly believed what someone else told them. Most of them just haven't developed to the point of understanding things in terms of ENERGY, in terms of everything operating interconnectedly and ENERGETICALLY. But, again, most athiests I've met are mentally far past anyone who has blindly accepted things.

I was a christian when I was younger. Once I developed very critical thinking skills I developed into an athiest because the stories were so outlandish. Then I discovered metaphysics and started thinking in terms of energy. My sense for energy, my surroundings, etc...  continued to grow. Through time I realized everything is interconnected energetically, is in a sense the same thing and is contributing to itself, to this "pool" of energy we consider everything to be. I am now the furthest thing from an athiest, believing deeply in god, just not associated with one particular religion. I believe deeply in the fact that god is all things and is the progressive energy that manifests and interconnects all things.  ;)

You may find some of these articals interesting.

http://www.khouse.org/articles_cat/2008/technical/

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #306 on: December 05, 2008, 10:25:34 PM »
You may find some of these articals interesting.

http://www.khouse.org/articles_cat/2008/technical/

Thanks, Coach.

You may find these quotes interesting:

"Drink water from your own cistern, flowing water from your own well." (The Book of Proverbs 5:15)

"But Rabshakeh said, Hath my master sent me to thy master and to thee to speak these words? hath he not sent me to the men that sit upon the wall, that they may eat their own dung, and drink their own piss with you?" (Isaiah 36:12) (See also 2 Kings 18:27)

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=250772.0                   ;)
--------------------------
BTW,

I believe in Christian principles, and I also believe in many other religions' principles.
I view them in consolidated form. This is often far from people's interpretations.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #307 on: December 05, 2008, 10:29:02 PM »

I don't believe in the outlandish stories either.  All I do know is that there is a God.
I have looked into it so much, I have spent so much time just thinking about it, on a level that is not possible for most people.
I don't think like most people do, some people do look outside the box, but they don't realize that box is inside a bigger box.
I look outside the bigger box.  ;)

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #308 on: December 05, 2008, 10:35:44 PM »
I don't believe in the outlandish stories either.  All I do know is that there is a God.
I have looked into it so much, I have spent so much time just thinking about it, on a level that is not possible for most people.
I don't think like most people do, some people do look outside the box, but they don't realize that box is inside a bigger box.
I look outside the bigger box.  ;)

Exactly, you've done the right thing.

Reaching the point in life at which you've formed your own concept of god is something you should be grateful to have achieved. Most people will never do that through their entire lives.  :-\

What we need to do is not get angry at people for not understanding, and not get impatient with them or insult them, but rather to simply understand that they're not psychologically at the point of grasping the concept. This is acceptable. You're right, some people can't tell there's a "box inside a bigger box," but we can't blame them for that. Certain people just aren't ready to understand yet.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #309 on: December 05, 2008, 10:45:48 PM »
Exactly, you've done the right thing.

Reaching the point in life at which you've formed your own concept of god is something you should be grateful to have achieved. Most people will never do that through their entire lives.

What we need to do is not get angry at people for not understanding, and not get impatient with them or insult them, but rather to simply understand that they're not psychologically at the point of grasping the concept. You're right, some people can't tell there's a "box inside a bigger box," but we can't blame them for that. Certain people just aren't ready to understand yet.

People believe in what ever makes them happy.
In my opinion, people who do good in life and are nice people want there to be a heaven and hell after life.
People who don't, for example, steal, kill, whatever don't want there to be.

People believe in what benefits them, and helps them sleep at night.

Some people never come to a conclusion and search their entire lives for the meaning of life.
Wasting their entire life, trying to find a meaning.
Not realizing that the meaning of life is living life the best possible way you can.
To achieve, to climb, to conquer.  To reach your maximal potential.
Some people just waste their life away despite the amazing opportunities they get;
Others may not have those oppurtunities but make their fate, take the opportunities they do get and make the best of them.

Some men become victims of life, while others grap life by the throat and get everything they can from it.

Soundness

• Getbig IV
  • "Shootin' the shit..."
« Reply #310 on: December 05, 2008, 10:51:02 PM »
People believe in what ever makes them happy.
In my opinion, people who do good in life and are nice people want there to be a heaven and hell after life.
People who don't, for example, steal, kill, whatever don't want there to be.

People believe in what benefits them, and helps them sleep at night.

Some people never come to a conclusion and search their entire lives for the meaning of life.
Wasting their entire life, trying to find a meaning.
Not realizing that the meaning of life is living life the best possible way you can.
To achieve, to climb, to conquer.  To reach your maximal potential.
Some people just waste their life away despite the amazing opportunities they get;
Others may not have those oppurtunities but make their fate, take the opportunities they do get and make the best of them.

Some men become victims of life, while others grap life by the throat and get everything they can from it.

You're right and I agree with you. I know this is long, but this is the way I see it if you're interested (I am the author):

The meaning of life is to contribute to the progressive accumulation of energy, which manifests all things.

See, energy itself is intertwined and encompasses all things. That includes us and all that we perceive to be reality. The point is to increase this energy contained within and therefore the power and expression of all energy. Therefore one consequence would be to empower ourselves yet in turn all else that is contained within what we consider to be real, because all that is contained within is only a by-product of energy itself, and therefore is energy itself. Oneself and all things is energy. To empower this is the meaning.

This is why everything changes in time as it does. Nothing will ever be the same thing and never could be.
All things are energy. All things. That includes us, all that we percieve, and all that we don't. Since we are a part of the energy and it endlessly interacts, all things are essentially all things because they determine the overall makeup. It's not as simple as batteries or being dead or alive. We are more "alive" than we were ever even capable of being, constantly contributing to this "pool" of energy that is all things. What TechnoViking said here is right. What he calls "positive" energy possesses a higher frequency than a "negative" would, therefore would contribute to a greater magnitude, and therefore would empower all things contained within the entire energy "pool" we consider all things to be.
The energy you spread will also manifest in yourself. Send to other people and cause other people the same energy you desire yourself to possess. This is crucial in determining the quality of the experience of one's own life.
Yes.
Happiness in a temporary sense means temporary satisfaction.
Happiness in a general sense means accumulated satisfaction.

The catch here is, what is truly, not illusory, "satisfaction." The real need we have and need to fulfill is an energy need. Everything else is consequential. Many things can satisfy us, most of them are not in our awareness, they often statisfy in ways we can't consciously detect, and those are often even more valuable than that we are aware of.

What we think is "satisfaction" is often an illusion of satisfaction, meaning we usually trick ourselves into thinking something satisfies us when what it really is is relief brought on by the knowledge that we are attempting to make ourselves happy. "I'm proud of myself for trying to make myself happy; I deserve what I'm doing for myself." This is illusion and our actual concern should be actual happiness, which is that which yields a permanent satisfaction, an enhanced and permanent experience of life itself. The goal should be a progressive evolution of one's own energy throughout the course of life.

As for the meaning of life itself, it applies to all things living and not. In a sense all things are "living." It is the same thing; it is the same energy, it intertwines and interacts endlessly. The "meaning of life" pertains to energy itself and I've covered that already in this thread.
Truth. Do what you love and what you are good at. The rest will follow.
(“How will metaphysics help you define meaning?”) It will make you realize that this is not a "fail" universe, but rather an astronomically mysterious one in which our influences stretch far beyond we can imagine, literally.

At the most minute level, everything is made of energy, which is so dynamic we are mostly unable to detect or measure it's mechanisms. We can't even figure it out because we're influencing reality and the makeup of reality as we try to figure it out. Things are never the same and never will be. Everything is not constant. It is all endlessly dynamic, always moving, always changing, never the same as it was, is, or ever will be.

Only by realizing this, taking a few macro steps back from everyday life, and using the knowledge we do have of our influence on everything can we then determine what we are doing. We are influencing the overall energetic makeup of everything, and it is accumulating in time. This, in turn, empowers the energetic makeup of everything that exists, all that we perceive and can't perceive. We are accomplishing more than anything that ever existed before simply by existing. We can each individually influence this effect, this "empowerment" of everything to a maximum degree by accumulating maximum positive energy throughout our lives. Therefore, we each contribute to the empowerment of everything that exists, but the degree to which each of us contribute is determined by each of ourselves.

(The point being survival itself is true in a very, very material sense. It does not touch on the meaning, however. But when we're talking about the actual "meaning," it has more to do with a macro ("bigger-picture") view of our influence on all that exists, not our narrow, every day lives, or role in an ancient, hunter-gatherer society. That is too narrow to even be in the vacinity of actual meaning.)
(“So, if it has a meaning, what makes that matter, then?”)
We don't know exactly yet, but what we do know is astonishing...

What we do know at this point is that at any point in time we have and are accomplishing something larger than the form of everything, as it ever was before that point in time, that we are constantly influencing it and the degree of that influence is under our control. It is accumulating endlessly. We also know that the energetic makeup of everything is then consequentially empowered, meaning the potential power of EVERYTHING increases. Yes, everything, including our little selves, is becoming more and more and more powerful. We have a part in this, a large, major part.

How does this effect us in life, to narrow in a bit?
Well, for one the experience of consciousness is progressively enhanced in time. That is profound.  ;)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #311 on: December 05, 2008, 11:00:29 PM »
You're right and I agree with you. I know this is long, but this is the way I see it if you're interested (I am the author):

The meaning of life is to contribute to the progressive accumulation of energy, which manifests all things.

See, energy itself is intertwined and encompasses all things. That includes us and all that we perceive to be reality. The point is to increase this energy contained within and therefore the power and expression of all energy. Therefore one consequence would be to empower ourselves yet in turn all else that is contained within what we consider to be real, because all that is contained within is only a by-product of energy itself, and therefore is energy itself. Oneself and all things is energy. To empower this is the meaning.

This is why everything changes in time as it does. Nothing will ever be the same thing and never could be.
All things are energy. All things. That includes us, all that we percieve, and all that we don't. Since we are a part of the energy and it endlessly interacts, all things are essentially all things because they determine the overall makeup. It's not as simple as batteries or being dead or alive. We are more "alive" than we were ever even capable of being, constantly contributing to this "pool" of energy that is all things. What TechnoViking said here is right. What he calls "positive" energy possesses a higher frequency than a "negative" would, therefore would contribute to a greater magnitude, and therefore would empower all things contained within the entire energy "pool" we consider all things to be.
The energy you spread will also manifest in yourself. Send to other people and cause other people the same energy you desire yourself to possess. This is crucial in determining the quality of the experience of one's own life.
Yes.
Happiness in a temporary sense means temporary satisfaction.
Happiness in a general sense means accumulated satisfaction.

The catch here is, what is truly, not illusory, "satisfaction." The real need we have and need to fulfill is an energy need. Everything else is consequential. Many things can satisfy us, most of them are not in our awareness, they often statisfy in ways we can't consciously detect, and those are often even more valuable than that we are aware of.

What we think is "satisfaction" is often an illusion of satisfaction, meaning we usually trick ourselves into thinking something satisfies us when what it really is is relief brought on by the knowledge that we are attempting to make ourselves happy. "I'm proud of myself for trying to make myself happy; I deserve what I'm doing for myself." This is illusion and our actual concern should be actual happiness, which is that which yields a permanent satisfaction, an enhanced and permanent experience of life itself. The goal should be a progressive evolution of one's own energy throughout the course of life.

As for the meaning of life itself, it applies to all things living and not. In a sense all things are "living." It is the same thing; it is the same energy, it intertwines and interacts endlessly. The "meaning of life" pertains to energy itself and I've covered that already in this thread.
Truth. Do what you love and what you are good at. The rest will follow.
(“How will metaphysics help you define meaning?”) It will make you realize that this is not a "fail" universe, but rather an astronomically mysterious one in which our influences stretch far beyond we can imagine, literally.

At the most minute level, everything is made of energy, which is so dynamic we are mostly unable to detect or measure it's mechanisms. We can't even figure it out because we're influencing reality and the makeup of reality as we try to figure it out. Things are never the same and never will be. Everything is not constant. It is all endlessly dynamic, always moving, always changing, never the same as it was, is, or ever will be.

Only by realizing this, taking a few macro steps back from everyday life, and using the knowledge we do have of our influence on everything can we then determine what we are doing. We are influencing the overall energetic makeup of everything, and it is accumulating in time. This, in turn, empowers the energetic makeup of everything that exists, all that we perceive and can't perceive. We are accomplishing more than anything that ever existed before simply by existing. We can each individually influence this effect, this "empowerment" of everything to a maximum degree by accumulating maximum positive energy throughout our lives. Therefore, we each contribute to the empowerment of everything that exists, but the degree to which each of us contribute is determined by each of ourselves.

(The point being survival itself is true in a very, very material sense. It does not touch on the meaning, however. But when we're talking about the actual "meaning," it has more to do with a macro ("bigger-picture") view of our influence on all that exists, not our narrow, every day lives, or role in an ancient, hunter-gatherer society. That is too narrow to even be in the vacinity of actual meaning.)
(“So, if it has a meaning, what makes that matter, then?”)
We don't know exactly yet, but what we do know is astonishing...

What we do know at this point is that at any point in time we have and are accomplishing something larger than the form of everything, as it ever was before that point in time, that we are constantly influencing it and the degree of that influence is under our control. It is accumulating endlessly. We also know that the energetic makeup of everything is then consequentially empowered, meaning the potential power of EVERYTHING increases. Yes, everything, including our little selves, is becoming more and more and more powerful. We have a part in this, a large, major part.

How does this effect us in life, to narrow in a bit?
Well, for one the experience of consciousness is progressively enhanced in time. That is profound.  ;)

Bravo! energy can not be created or destroyed, it can only be transfered, thus there must have been a huge source of energy at the start; God!  ;)

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #312 on: December 05, 2008, 11:11:39 PM »
Hey America, you owe me lot of money. Give me the money or I drop the bomb on you.
Mao for Mod of G&O

ASJChaotic

« Reply #313 on: December 05, 2008, 11:13:07 PM »
You no allow come here write book. I punch you face.

LMAO!!!!!!!  ;D

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #314 on: December 06, 2008, 12:48:53 AM »
the whole "debt" thing is an illusion lets say tommorrow half of everyones check goes to the national debt (well then you got problem solved in one fucking day)

its all a bunch of bullshit

the real problem is peoples attitudes
I agree that there are some misconceptions regarding the national debt. However, in 2007, the entire GDP of the US was about $14.1B, and 2008 will probably see little to no growth. Therefore, it would require using the full GDP from about 75% of the year to pay off all the national debt.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #315 on: December 06, 2008, 10:29:47 AM »
Ok, I'm done here. Sorry Adam, but we're going to have to agree to disagree.

This Adam is an idiot.

spotter

• Getbig III
  • Off the Hook
« Reply #316 on: December 20, 2008, 01:00:36 PM »
Bush has been the biggest socialistic president to date in America...

I doubt if he could spell "Socialist", let alone be one!!! :'(