Author Topic: Onlyme question  (Read 4531 times)

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
Onlyme question
« on: December 14, 2008, 03:12:08 AM »
Hey man i see you were a massive powerful guy and have seen you mention and show pics of you benching 585 i just wondered what some of your other lifts poundages were like?Squat, dead, standing militarys,etc

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
Re: Onlyme question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 04:29:42 AM »
Hey man i see you were a massive powerful guy and have seen you mention and show pics of you benching 585 i just wondered what some of your other lifts poundages were like?Squat, dead, standing militarys,etc

LOL..Good luck dude.  For all he has accomplished it is only convenient he does not have any footage of these mythical lifts.  Yeah...you may get a pic of him next to his buddies 70's muscle car or one of those fake pictures with a 3rd tier celebrity where you can tell they have no clue who he is...lol.  Don't forget the Gillette commercial.... ::)

Well at least the dude has memories no matter how distorted they seem to be.

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 05:16:08 AM »
I remember Onlyme stating that his Bench and military press (seated) were his major lifts
I don't think he ever squatted alot ( under 405 if i remember correctly)

he was a great presser

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 05:56:46 AM »
onlyme was a standup comedian before his carreer in the bodybuilding and fitness industry.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 06:28:03 AM »
I think Keiths specialty was behind the neck presses, somethin like 315 for reps

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 07:09:09 AM »
I think Keiths specialty was behind the neck presses, somethin like 315 for reps

But never any proof.  ::)

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
kieth was known for making young children cry by wiping out Mcdonald's whole stock just before school finishing hours.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 07:24:05 AM »
Now his diabetes has hit a critical point that most never come back from.  Sad really.  He is a good guy.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 08:44:29 AM »
But never any proof.  ::)

Windsor we know you are gay but is this your way of picking up on me.  Sorry honey.  See instead of chasing around people on a board like you do I actually have done things in my life.  You on the other hand claim to fame with your boyfriend and parents is that you can type on an internet board. Keep it up cause someday you will marry your life partner and maybe adopt a baby and live happily ever after.  And my proof is anybody you want to call who has seen me.  Call anyone in Honolulu in the powerlifting circle or at Gold's Gym and ask them what I lifted.  See back in my day we just lifted and did it in front of people.  Unlike you and others you take fake pics, use fake weight and video tape them.  Sorry son, you fail greatly.  In fact call up Gene Mozee who is a Hall of Fame photographer and I think he'll remember me.  The people who know me and seen and know something about lifting know better.  People like you are a joke, you mean nothing to anyone and you have no business being on a board like this.  But, since this is the internet you now have a way to acheive stardom.  In your little world you have made it and I feel good for you. But in real life you failed and I feel sad for you.  Hope this helps

To answer the question.  My best bench was 585.  My best deadlift was 735.  My best seated front press was 405 for a few.  My best squat was about 405 simply because I never went over that nor did I squat much.  I was I guess a good presser they say.  When I did these lifts I was on Test. Cyp 200mg.  for 6 months.  After that 6 months I quit and have never done anything ever again.  Almost 10 years later I inclined pressed the most I ever have done and that was 505.  For kids who know nothing and can't fathom lifts like this cause they are small and weak, call anyone in Honolulu who trained with Francis Silva back in the early 90's.  If you know anything and you know your powerlifting and have hung around real strong people you will know who to call.  WIndsor I DO NOT expect you to know anything.  But, hey you still can type good

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 08:45:44 AM »
Now his diabetes has hit a critical point that most never come back from.  Sad really.  He is a good guy.

By the way my glucose in below 90 so again you fail.  Man is today the day you own yourself for a record high.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 09:31:51 AM »
Awesome front press man, and all on pretty low amounts of gear, if any,i know guys on 10 times that who cant lift anywhere near those poundages

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 09:38:33 AM »
Awesome front press man, and all on pretty low amounts of gear, if any,i know guys on 10 times that who cant lift anywhere near those poundages

i trained through the late 80s/early 90's and there were alot more powerful lifters back then. guys that i knew used less gear and trained way harder. i won't even talk about the kind of lifts i witnessed, but i wish videocameras were acceptable back then. nobody videotaped workouts, they were there to train. i have know doubt that Keith was every bit as strong as he says, it just never occured to anyone back then to document it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 10:01:25 AM »
Great lifts Keith!!

I`m with Hazbin,I`ve seen some awesome lifts back in the day in the gym,and at meets.

Below paralell squats,legit deadlifts,and none of this silly benchshirt shit.

Lifting belt,knee wraps,and chalk were the support gear of the day.

Lots of posers in the gyms these days who train like pansys and just up the dosage to make gains.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »
just goes to show that some guys are born to press or squat or whatever, i have a feeling that Keith has always been a strong guy.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2008, 10:07:30 AM »
i trained through the late 80s/early 90's and there were alot more powerful lifters back then. guys that i knew used less gear and trained way harder. i won't even talk about the kind of lifts i witnessed, but i wish videocameras were acceptable back then. nobody videotaped workouts, they were there to train. i have know doubt that Keith was every bit as strong as he says, it just never occured to anyone back then to document it.

I think that's a key factor in why bodybuilders today look like crap compared to their counterparts from the 90s and a bit before. Guys back then emphasized training over everything else (not all of them, of course) while the guys nowadays are training light and just focusing on the right cocktail to take. That's why we've got guys who weigh more, but have very little maturity, separation, conditioning etc - they just don't look impressive anymore, with their damn guts and thick skin and all that.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2008, 10:11:07 AM »
Almost 10 years later I inclined pressed the most I ever have done and that was 505. 
Haha. I couldn't even squat that. Amazing!  :o

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2008, 10:14:37 AM »

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2008, 11:18:23 AM »

To answer the question.  My best bench was 585.  My best deadlift was 735.  My best seated front press was 405 for a few.  My best squat was about 405 simply because I never went over that nor did I squat much.  I was I guess a good presser they say.  When I did these lifts I was on Test. Cyp 200mg.  for 6 months.  After that 6 months I quit and have never done anything ever again.  Almost 10 years later I inclined pressed the most I ever have done and that was 505.  For kids who know nothing and can't fathom lifts like this cause they are small and weak, call anyone in Honolulu who trained with Francis Silva back in the early 90's.  If you know anything and you know your powerlifting and have hung around real strong people you will know who to call.  WIndsor I DO NOT expect you to know anything.  But, hey you still can type good

mate , you were a strong dude

DeltsaForce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2008, 11:19:31 AM »
he is very good at spider curls

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2008, 11:27:41 AM »
Windsor we know you are gay but is this your way of picking up on me.  Sorry honey.  See instead of chasing around people on a board like you do I actually have done things in my life.  You on the other hand claim to fame with your boyfriend and parents is that you can type on an internet board. Keep it up cause someday you will marry your life partner and maybe adopt a baby and live happily ever after.  And my proof is anybody you want to call who has seen me.  Call anyone in Honolulu in the powerlifting circle or at Gold's Gym and ask them what I lifted.  See back in my day we just lifted and did it in front of people.  Unlike you and others you take fake pics, use fake weight and video tape them.  Sorry son, you fail greatly.  In fact call up Gene Mozee who is a Hall of Fame photographer and I think he'll remember me.  The people who know me and seen and know something about lifting know better.  People like you are a joke, you mean nothing to anyone and you have no business being on a board like this.  But, since this is the internet you now have a way to acheive stardom.  In your little world you have made it and I feel good for you. But in real life you failed and I feel sad for you.  Hope this helps

Very impressive Keith and I feel, unlike a lot of people,  you are being very honest about your lifts and not exagerating. They are especially good considering the minute amount of test involved.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 12:56:51 PM »
Very impressive Keith and I feel, unlike a lot of people,  you are being very honest about your lifts and not exagerating. They are especially good considering the minute amount of test involved.

As Hazbin and some of the others said, we had no thoughts of taking a camera to the gym back then.  They were not little pocket camera like nowadays.  I just lifted.  I didn't think about having to prove it cause the only guys I was showing off for at the time were in the gym with me.  There was no internet and the cell phone just became available.  How I wish I had that shit back then so I could show everyone.  Cause I didn't think it was such a big deal.  Seeing guys bench 400+ was something I saw literally everyday I was at the gym.  I took ONLY the Test and I took 1cc a day for 6 months straight and then quit literally overnight.  I had a goal of benching 600 by the World Championships and the day before I left I tried it.  The picture below is taken that day.  I weighed 299 and did the 585.  I did it easy enough to try the 600 but it just came down.  I think I pysched myself out plus I think I did to many warmup sets.  But I never tried it again.  I didn't start lifting really heavy again till around 90' when I would train with the big boys in Hawaii.  You have to be strong to hang in with those guys.  They did find it odd that I would not jump-in on the incline till they were at 315 or sometimes 405.  I would do a few extra reps on the flat bench and didn't need to warm-up.

Believe me if I wanted to up my poundages I would.  I consider some of my lifts very low compared to what others have done.  My seated press is pretty good.  My shoulders have always been strong since I was a kid.  I know gymnastics helped my strength since I had been doing that since around 3rd or 4th grade till 8th grade.  Ray trained me and he had me train very heavy.  I also had another partner Jim Rowland who was unreal.  He was strong and he had UNREAL biceps.  A really good guy.

Anyway, I know the guys who were around back in the 70's, 80's and early 90's can relate.  The newbies like Windsor and the non-experienced guys like AssHoleLick have no idea what real training is.  And I really do wish I had pics of me training

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 01:16:31 PM »
As Hazbin and some of the others said, we had no thoughts of taking a camera to the gym back then.  They were not little pocket camera like nowadays.  I just lifted.  I didn't think about having to prove it cause the only guys I was showing off for at the time were in the gym with me.  There was no internet and the cell phone just became available.  How I wish I had that shit back then so I could show everyone.  Cause I didn't think it was such a big deal.  Seeing guys bench 400+ was something I saw literally everyday I was at the gym.  I took ONLY the Test and I took 1cc a day for 6 months straight and then quit literally overnight.  I had a goal of benching 600 by the World Championships and the day before I left I tried it.  The picture below is taken that day.  I weighed 299 and did the 585.  I did it easy enough to try the 600 but it just came down.  I think I pysched myself out plus I think I did to many warmup sets.  But I never tried it again.  I didn't start lifting really heavy again till around 90' when I would train with the big boys in Hawaii.  You have to be strong to hang in with those guys.  They did find it odd that I would not jump-in on the incline till they were at 315 or sometimes 405.  I would do a few extra reps on the flat bench and didn't need to warm-up.

Believe me if I wanted to up my poundages I would.  I consider some of my lifts very low compared to what others have done.  My seated press is pretty good.  My shoulders have always been strong since I was a kid.  I know gymnastics helped my strength since I had been doing that since around 3rd or 4th grade till 8th grade.  Ray trained me and he had me train very heavy.  I also had another partner Jim Rowland who was unreal.  He was strong and he had UNREAL biceps.  A really good guy.

Anyway, I know the guys who were around back in the 70's, 80's and early 90's can relate.  The newbies like Windsor and the non-experienced guys like AssHoleLick have no idea what real training is.  And I really do wish I had pics of me training

they didn't have cameras back in the days of Arnold either.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »
Impressive lifts, 200mg of cyp  :o, all brute strength.
I am a big baby

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »
Yip Keith comes across as a Very Matter of fact person..........take it or leave it, and its quiet obvious he was a very strong powerful bloke who just call's it as he see's it, and has done alot in his time (prime yrs) anyway all the best with getting yr health and weight under control again Keith.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »
x2