Author Topic: Proof that 247 pounds doesn't stack up against 257 bone dry conditioned pounds!  (Read 45216 times)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
wrong, the 01 ASC was the most dominant victory in IFBB history - a prime Ronnie vs. a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier bodybuilders.

1993 Mr. Olympia Contest Report:

At 2 p.m. on 11 September 1993 he walked out onstage at the Civic Auditorium in Atlanta, Georgia. He weighed 257 lb. His skin looked as if it had been painted directly on to his muscle. He was stone hard and grainy. Every detail of every body part punched out into the first ten rows. No man had ever looked quite like Dorian Yates looked that day: he looked big. He looked bad He looked sick. There was  no Mr. Olympia contest. The judges saw no need to call him out for comparisons during the muscularity round.

Eventually Wayne Demilia asked him to step forward between Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler, just the audience could marvel at him some more. Samir Bannout looked at the three of them and said ' Dorian is first, second and third. '

At no point in Ronnie's career did he ever display the kind of dominance as noted above for Yates' 1993 victory.  Yates wasn't even called out during the muscularity round because he was so overpoweringly dominant.  This never happened with Ronnie.  The suggestion that Ronnie's 2001 ASC victory is more dominant, is totally absurd.  He defeated lesser competition (like King Kamali, lol), who you have stated as being 2nd and 3rd tier, and he wasn't as dominant in doing so, as Yates was against much greater competitors.  Epic fail, Neo.   

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
The judges saw no need to call him out for comparisons during the muscularity round.

of course they didn't. they were told who to give the win to before the contest started... ::)

it still amazes me how judging so blatantly biased and partial could be allowed..

in any other 'sport' that would never be allowed to happen.

how do you score a contest round without comparing the competitors? ::)

but since the Weiders are the IFBB and that is essentially the sport, what they say goes..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Yates wasn't even called out during the muscularity round because he was so overpoweringly dominant.

no, he wasn't called out because the contest winner was pre determined..

don't confuse the worst case of biased judging in history with dominance.

::)

its a BAD THING that something like that was allowed to happen.

it taints dorian's win.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
of course they didn't. they were told who to give the win to before the contest started... ::)

it still amazes me how judging so blatantly biased and partial could be allowed..

but since the Weiders are the IFBB and that is essentially the sport, what they say goes..

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  Crying politics = Fail! (Again)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  Crying politics = Fail! (Again)
no u fail
w

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
we have been through this before and you can't win.

there is nothing you can say that justifies what was allowed to happen.

it is the very definition of bias and partial judging.

it doesn't get any more clear cut than that.

the judges were prepared to award a score WITHOUT comparing dorian to the others.

that is clear cut and dry biased judging.

period.

care to justify how that was impartial and fair? LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V

it doesn't get any more clear cut than that.

the judges were prepared to award a score WITHOUT comparing dorian to the others.

that is a clear cut victory, and dry biased judging.

period.

Indeed.  Yates' superiority was so overwhelmingly evident, the judges felt they need not waste any time.  Like the contest report stated, "there was no Mr. Olympia contest".  Yates was that damn good!  Obviously, the judges saw all that they needed to in the symmetry round.  Keep in mind Huckster, that all rounds are physique rounds.  This would likewise apply to the evening rounds.  So, your insinuation that the judges made NO comparisons whatsoever as part of some sort of political favoritism to award the title to Yates, is way off base, as usual.  Yates was just so much better, that it was readily apparent for all those in attendance to see.  Besides, your repetitive crying about politics are made ever more feeble by the fact, that without question, Yates was far and away the best.  Political nepotism would seem rather unwarranted when awarding the title to the rightful and deserving winner, don't you think?   Thanks for playing.  Please try again.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Yates' superiority was so overwhelmingly evident, the judges felt they need not waste any time

its not up to the judges to 'decide if they need to waste time or not'

its their job to evaluate and score the competitors based on these evaluations.

this was not done.

they didn't do their job properly

if I were dorian, I would be ashamed of having won a round without being compared to my fellow competitors

it screams of bias and partialness.

and your argument that the symmetry round is good enough to decide how competitors look in the mandatories is down right laughable and shows how little you guys know.

you are caught here - your hero had the judges award him a win based on nothing more than pre concieved notions and fantasies about how he might have looked in the muscularity round..

Flower Boy Ran Away

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

Yep it is sad just like Ronnie being the predetermined winner in 00,01,02, I'm sure 03 but at least everyone else was off and Ronnie really wasn't, 04 and 05.  I mean you really don't think the judging was spot on for Ronnie and it wasn't for Yates right?  Even Arnold got gifts.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
no u fail

You're a regular Victor Hugo.   

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Yep it is sad just like Ronnie being the predetermined winner in 00,01,02, I'm sure 03 but at least everyone else was off and Ronnie really wasn't, 04 and 05.  I mean you really don't think the judging was spot on for Ronnie and it wasn't for Yates right?  Even Arnold got gifts.

you overlook a crucial difference between the judging during ronnie's reign and dorian's:

when ronnie showed up out of shape, the judges scored him down, and actually had him lose to Gunter.

when dorian showed up out of shape (with a missing arm too) the judges looked the other way and scored him perfectly.. ::)

you tell me how the 11th place competitor (Milos) can own dorian in the front relaxed pose, yet no doubt dorian still got a perfect score in the symmetry round:

here is your "perfect scores" getting crushed by Mr. 11th or 13th place LOL

the judging was a least a lot more accurate in terms of scoring during ronnie's reign...
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
^ look at the smirk on dorian's face.

he knows he looks like garbage, and its not like he is standing next to shawn or kevin, and he is STILL getting owned... but he's winning anyway...

:P
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
^ look at the smirk on dorian's face.

he knows he looks like garbage, and its not like he is standing next to shawn or kevin, and he is STILL getting owned... but he's winning anyway...

:P

You're like a broken record, playing the same old tired tune.   The posting equivalent of Rick Astley.   ::)

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
you overlook a crucial difference between the judging during ronnie's reign and dorian's:

when ronnie showed up out of shape, the judges scored him down, and actually had him lose to Gunter.

when dorian showed up out of shape (with a missing arm too) the judges looked the other way and scored him perfectly.. ::)

you tell me how the 11th place competitor (Milos) can own dorian in the front relaxed pose, yet no doubt dorian still got a perfect score in the symmetry round:

here is your "perfect scores" getting crushed by Mr. 11th or 13th place LOL

the judging was a least a lot more accurate in terms of scoring during ronnie's reign...

Please Ronnie looked like ass in 01, lost in prejudging yet won.  I'm sure that wasn't politics.  Ronnie was only marked down when he lost to gunther but he was never marked down at the O where he was not always in shape.  Ronnie won several times with perfect scores when he shouldn't have.  Dorian won with politics but believe me so did Ronnie.  Stop making Ronnie out to be perfect when he was FAR from it as well.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
You're like a broken record, playing the same old tired tune.   The posting equivalent of Rick Astley.   ::)

sorry, but the tune plays true:
Flower Boy Ran Away

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

Flex looks better standing there than Ronnie.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V

Typical troll, using Yates pics from 1994. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Typical troll, using Yates pics from 1994. 

why not?

you nuthuggers claim he was 'harder than ronnie' all the time, better than everyone all the time.

its nice to see that you admit how wrong you guys are.

it just goes to show you that even you morons can admit when yates looked like shit...
Flower Boy Ran Away

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
why not?

you nuthuggers claim he was 'harder than ronnie' all the time, better than everyone all the time.

it just goes to show you that even you morons can admit when yates looked like shit...

OWNAGE, ha ha ha ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
yeah, as you well know, its pretty easy to own people defending THIS:

LOL
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
why not?

Not at all.  I just thought I would shed light on your rampant hypocrisy. You cry foul at every turn when someone posts a less than flattering year of Ronnie (of which there are many), yet you routinely demonstrate a fear of comparing him to the best Yates has to offer.  If you want to play that game, fire up some vintage 2002, 2006 or 2007 Coleman for us all to marvel at.  You are owned by your fear of Yates.

England_1

• Getbig IV
1993 Mr. Olympia Contest Report:

At 2 p.m. on 11 September 1993 he walked out onstage at the Civic Auditorium in Atlanta, Georgia. He weighed 257 lb. His skin looked as if it had been painted directly on to his muscle. He was stone hard and grainy. Every detail of every body part punched out into the first ten rows. No man had ever looked quite like Dorian Yates looked that day: he looked big. He looked bad He looked sick. There was  no Mr. Olympia contest. The judges saw no need to call him out for comparisons during the muscularity round.

Eventually Wayne Demilia asked him to step forward between Shawn Ray and Flex Wheeler, just the audience could marvel at him some more. Samir Bannout looked at the three of them and said ' Dorian is first, second and third. '

At no point in Ronnie's career did he ever display the kind of dominance as noted above for Yates' 1993 victory.  Yates wasn't even called out during the muscularity round because he was so overpoweringly dominant.  This never happened with Ronnie.  The suggestion that Ronnie's 2001 ASC victory is more dominant, is totally absurd.  He defeated lesser competition (like King Kamali, lol), who you have stated as being 2nd and 3rd tier, and he wasn't as dominant in doing so, as Yates was against much greater competitors.  Epic fail, Neo. 

hahahahah hulkster PWNED....there's no coming back from this
Team Yates

England_1

• Getbig IV
greatest back double bi EVER! Ronnie is missing half a back in comparison. Dorian is complete head to toe. Ronnie not even close

Team Yates

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
greatest back double bi EVER! Ronnie is missing half a back in comparison. Dorian is complete head to toe. Ronnie not even close

hahahaa, not even close to Ronnie, seriously man what are you smoking, great separation but nowhere near the size and thickness of Ronnie's back not to mention the little toothpick legs. ::)

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
 ;) ;)