Author Topic: jeallousy in teh gym  (Read 6151 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: jeallousy in teh gym
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2009, 04:08:29 PM »
half the time i am alaughing or arsing about joking around in the gym. It makes it more fun.

Plus who wants to be the snarling dickhead in the corner
exactly, almost every time i see one of these "serious, hardcore" dickheads they've got the HUGE gym bag full of every lifting accesory on earth, 11 bottles of supplements, a hoodie on, headphones, straps on no matter what bodypart they're training, shaker bottle with the NOExpolde, ephedrine, whey "drink", all while weighing a massive 169 and stalking the cable row station before their next set with 140 pounds. ::)

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »
So no one in the world trains hard except this flagda dude?

Quo

• Getbig II
  • "Yes I work out...thanks for asking"
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »
when i go to the gym all i see are men or women, whatever how old they are, who are obviously whoring for attention, and a very very very few like me that just go there to lift weights in peace.

I like people to put their personal troubles and insecurities aside when they hang in a public place, and i hate when they dont and ruin it all for the others with their abnormal and extremistic behaviors. Most gym members always seem to have something to prove...i dont, i just went there to lift weights, not to compare myself with other losers in need for recognition cause their personal life sucks. Especially when people looking like shit are AS if not MORE egocentric and narcisistic thus annoying than people who at least look good.

You guys "enjoy" this? no problem, more power to you, i simply don't understand what is fun sharing equipment with retards in a circus. Especially when you know you can have the best of both world training at home.

No jealousy going to happen in your basement or garage.

If you re alrdy insecure, narcistic , egocentrical and self centered, (and we know we re all a bit like that somehow) then the gym will only makes it get worse. I see no long term benefit for a human being in worsening these kind of behaviors in a negative environment.

Even though I am the first to admit...the gym "isn't fun" to me..it's more like a 2nd job...I have competed in the past...am bigger than the average person...have been off and on juice for the past 7 years...have dated fitness chicks...am good friends with some IFBB Pros'...yes...it's ALL ABOUT APPEARANCE!!!...

flagdajones..you seem to have some type of "insecurity" yourself by claiming that you "don't need" a public gym and have this "hatred" towards people who do...why would it be a "negative environment"?....that's like saying you should do all your shopping on-line, cause shopping out "in public" is for "losers".....

are there things? ???

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2009, 04:16:56 PM »
half the time i am alaughing or arsing about joking around in the gym. It makes it more fun.

Plus who wants to be the snarling dickhead in the corner

Arsing around? You Japanese fellas always crack me up.
G

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2009, 04:19:14 PM »
So all those people who show up at teh gym in the beginning of January and then slowly but surely stop coming by the end of the month...are all of them attention whores?

Funny how they only want attention in January.
Valhalla awaits.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »
haha

Flagda powers his local town from the energy and power generated through his herculean workouts.

IrishMuscle84

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2009, 05:09:07 PM »
It's not something you see every day, and I can imagine the average gym goer would be impressed by that since most of them can't even do it on bench, squat or dead.
EXACTLY. Its mostly newbies to the gym. Too them, seeing someone squat or bench 225 is jaw-dropping and just amazing to them. I still remember being one of those people, seeing someone squat 225, and just being amazed and saying "thatll be awesome when i squat that much"...Now, its just an every day thing, having newbies being amazed by us just doing our everyday thing in the gym. It puts a smile on my face when a young, newbie comes and says to me "Wow, man...thats A TON of weight! omg! and then asking me how long did it take to squat or bench or curl that weight. 8) Ah...The good old bodybuilding journey.

James Phoenix

• Getbig IV
  • Beatific
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2009, 06:16:59 PM »
I must admit that a lot of what Flagadajones says makes perfect sense to me.
Why risk interacting with people that have nothing to offer? They can only bring negativity to a carefully ordered life.
I think everyone has an agenda to 'get over on you' whether they realise it or not. It might be subconscious.
And yes, I do prefer shopping online.
At least there, I can take the time to assess the pros and cons of something I'm purchasing without feeling pressured by salespeople at every turn.
☠ Order of Nephilim