Author Topic: McNabb!!!!  (Read 16255 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
McNabb!!!!
« on: January 12, 2009, 11:39:33 AM »
This dude is underrated...

It was hilarious when he picked up the phone on the Giants sideline

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: McNabb!!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 11:41:39 AM »
I loved Bravo Two Zero.
P

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 01:12:30 PM »
Week to week man, I don't have much faith in him.  But when he plays good he's great.  But in BIG games he's not always consistent.   The last 2 weeks he was.  We'll see if he can make it 3 in a row.... then maybe 4

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »
under rated? 4 strait nfc 'chips is under rated?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »
under rated? 4 strait nfc 'chips is under rated?

and they always callin for him to be out of philly. if i were him i would go. he isnt appreciated there

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 03:08:46 PM »
I see pittsburgh beating the eagles in the bowl

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »
I think he's inconsistent but he def has a sense of self-preservation.  Whenever they are going to boot his ass outta Philly, he wins some games.  If they don't go to the SB I think he may be gone, if not they'll likely give him another year.
Squishy face retard

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 06:38:33 PM »
I like McNabb don't get me wrong, But Philly doesn't anyone too long no matter who you are.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »
Actually he's over-rated, because the hype for years had him identified with the level of play seen now, which has always only been part of it. He's streaky and only got going after having his ego deflated with the benching. He was always coddled and too damn comfortable in philly, needed a fire lit under his complacent ass.

Don't know about self-preservation, the fact is that his coach has always been overly-protective, which is exactly why McNabb was so shocked by the benching after all the years of favoritism.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 07:14:30 PM »
Actually he's over-rated, because the hype for years had him identified with the level of play seen now, which has always only been part of it. He's streaky and only got going after having his ego deflated with the benching. He was always coddled and too damn comfortable in philly, needed a fire lit under his complacent ass.
Pretty much spot on.  They didn't want him there in the first place and Eagle fans are quick to turn.  We may seem the same from Vince Young and maybe even Eli.
Squishy face retard

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 08:04:53 AM »
hahahahahah 5 NFC championships....with a 70% pass offense and he plays quarterback with shitty wideouts...Who's overrated?...I swear. Man do yall even watch football

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 09:09:47 AM »
hahahahahah 5 NFC championships....with a 70% pass offense and he plays quarterback with shitty wideouts...Who's overrated?...I swear. Man do yall even watch football
His WR aren't that shitty.  TO made him look real good going to the SB.  He's spotty at best now.  It takes a blow to his ego to get him to play hard. 
Squishy face retard

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 09:16:28 AM »
His WR aren't that shitty.  TO made him look real good going to the SB.  He's spotty at best now.  It takes a blow to his ego to get him to play hard. 

I think he went to 3 nfc championships with out T.O. And

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 09:20:16 AM »
And he has Westbrook who pretty much carries that offense.  Dude is a work horse.  The story with McNabb will be the same with Eli.  Good performances here and there but they will get booted out of their respective cities at some point.
Squishy face retard

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 09:30:16 AM »
And he has Westbrook who pretty much carries that offense.  Dude is a work horse.  The story with McNabb will be the same with Eli.  Good performances here and there but they will get booted out of their respective cities at some point.

Nope...John Elway was a Choker till he won it..., Peyton Manning was a choke till he did it. Marino was a choke and he never did it...What about Jim Kelly...He got to 4 and he never did it.. they all had WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better weapons than James Trash...just sayin ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 10:18:42 AM »
Other than T.O., McNabb has never had a great set of skill position players.  He has done more with less than any QB in the NFL in the past ten years.  Westbrook is a stud, but how many games has he missed?  Just a few years ago McNabb's No. 1 WR was Todd Pinkston for goodness sake.  Remember Thrash and Freddie Mitchell?  Are those even in the league? 

As I said in the other McNabb thread, name one QB who has been more successful than McNabb, other than Brady and Manning, in the last ten years (keeping in mind that Manning had Harrison and later Wayne). 

body88

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2009, 10:24:39 AM »
Other than T.O., McNabb has never had a great set of skill position players.  He has done more with less than any QB in the NFL in the past ten years.  Westbrook is a stud, but how many games has he missed?  Just a few years ago McNabb's No. 1 WR was Todd Pinkston for goodness sake.  Remember Thrash and Freddie Mitchell?  Are those even in the league? 

As I said in the other McNabb thread, name one QB who has been more successful than McNabb, other than Brady and Manning, in the last ten years (keeping in mind that Manning had Harrison and later Wayne). 

TO, Donte Stallworth and Westbrooke are very good players.   He didn't have tons of talent, but he has had no less than other QB's.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2009, 10:52:36 AM »

TO, Donte Stallworth and Westbrooke are very good players.   He didn't have tons of talent, but he has had no less than other QB's.

very true, most QB's dont have a Westbooke. also he has had for the most part the same group of coaches during his tenure which most QB's dont have. and how many QB's have had the kind of defense the Eagles have consistantly had.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »

His WRs were terrible.  He had Stallworth for 12 games in 2006.  He had the likes of Pinkston, Thrash, and Mitchell pretty much every year.  When they gave him T.O. he went to the Super Bowl.     

Other than Brady and Manning, which QB has performed better and accomplished more than McNabb in the past ten years?   

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2009, 11:15:45 AM »

Well Eli did win a Superbowl. ::)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »
His WRs were terrible.  He had Stallworth for 12 games in 2006.  He had the likes of Pinkston, Thrash, and Mitchell pretty much every year.  When they gave him T.O. he went to the Super Bowl.     

Other than Brady and Manning, which QB has performed better and accomplished more than McNabb in the past ten years?   
How about Kerry Collins. Started for 3 different teams, went to the Superbowl, and brought all 3 teams to the divisional playoffs at least once.

http://www.nfl.com/players/careerstats?id=COL620367

http://www.nfl.com/players/donovanmcnabb/profile?id=MCN017517

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2009, 11:33:32 AM »
How about Kerry Collins. Started for 3 different teams, went to the Superbowl, and brought all 3 teams to the divisional playoffs at least once.

http://www.nfl.com/players/careerstats?id=COL620367

http://www.nfl.com/players/donovanmcnabb/profile?id=MCN017517

Collins is really just an average QB IMO.  The talking heads were saying all season that he "manages the game."  I don't really agree.  He has 186 TDs and 179 INTs in his career.  That's about how he plays.  Throws the ball to the other team as much as he throws to his own team. 

He made the Pro Bowl 1 time in his career. 

The fact he played in a Super Bowl is impressive, but I'd be more impressed if he took mediocre talent to the NFC/AFC championship game several times. 

You think he has been more successful than McNabb the past ten years?   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »
Im in Atlanta right now listening to sports talk radio. Phil Sims is on the 2 live Stews...they asked him if McNabb is in the Hall of Fame...He Says "Absolutley, no question. He is going to 5 Nfc chamoinship games.

Then when asked if he shoud be in the hall he says "I dont know. I dont loose any sleep over it. But its disrespectful to McNabb to put my name in the same conversation with his.."

body88

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2009, 01:24:13 PM »

Great qb's make poor receivers better.....Brady won sb's with wr's just as crappy as the ones you mentioned above.  I'm not saying that you don't make a valid point, I'm saying that you are ignoring guys.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2009, 01:41:13 PM »
Great qb's make poor receivers better.....Brady won sb's with wr's just as crappy as the ones you mentioned above.  I'm not saying that you don't make a valid point, I'm saying that you are ignoring guys.

That's exactly what McNabb did.  He took poor receivers to the NFC Championship game. 

Who am I ignoring?  I've asked several times in two threads who has outperformed McNabb over the last ten years other than Brady and Manning.  Old School is the only person who offered a name (Collins).

The criticism of McNabb cannot be justified under any reasonable measure:  wins, playoff appearances, playoff wins, TDs, TD v. INT ratio, yards.  The only major flaw with McNabb is he always gets hurt.