Author Topic: McNabb!!!!  (Read 16251 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: McNabb!!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »
That's exactly what McNabb did.  He took poor receivers to the NFC Championship game. 

Who am I ignoring?  I've asked several times in two threads who has outperformed McNabb over the last ten years other than Brady and Manning.  Old School is the only person who offered a name (Collins).

The criticism of McNabb cannot be justified under any reasonable measure:  wins, playoff appearances, playoff wins, TDs, TD v. INT ratio, yards.  The only major flaw with McNabb is he always gets hurt.   

got a point there

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 01:52:33 PM »
Other than Brady and Manning, which QB has performed better and accomplished more than McNabb in the past ten years?   

Kurt Warner

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 01:54:20 PM »
Collins is really just an average QB IMO.  The talking heads were saying all season that he "manages the game."  I don't really agree.  He has 186 TDs and 179 INTs in his career.  That's about how he plays.  Throws the ball to the other team as much as he throws to his own team. 

He made the Pro Bowl 1 time in his career. 

The fact he played in a Super Bowl is impressive, but I'd be more impressed if he took mediocre talent to the NFC/AFC championship game several times. 

You think he has been more successful than McNabb the past ten years?   

Not as successful, but just below if you're talking success of 10 years. I'd also say the same of Kurt Warner who wasn't drafted, yet won a Superbowl and has got there twice. And now also getting to the NFC championship with Arizona who is a deeply underrated team. Again, I'm talking success here. McNabb has been successful, but has choked on the most important games of his career.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 02:01:49 PM »

dont forget that for all the years that McNabb went to the NFC Championship game, the Eagles defense was one of the best in the league. he may not have had as many offensive threats on his side, but his defense was loaded and its not like he was blowing teams out. He manages the offense well enough to let his defense win the games.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 02:10:05 PM »
Kurt Warner

He played six years in St. Louis, with a nice three-year run with the "greatest show on turf," and a Super Bowl win, but not more successful than McNabb over the long haul.  Fewer wins, fewer starts, fewer TDs, yards, Pro Bowls, etc.  Also, Warner had Holt, Bruce, and Faulk (who was the best RB in the NFL at the time).  Prolific offense.  But after his six years in St. Louis, only three of which were good, he has been a journeyman.  Nice job this year in Arizona, but he does have two of the best WRs in the NFL in Boldin and Fitzgerald.   

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »
dont forget that for all the years that McNabb went to the NFC Championship game, the Eagles defense was one of the best in the league. he may not have had as many offensive threats on his side, but his defense was loaded and its not like he was blowing teams out. He manages the offense well enough to let his defense win the games.

Are you shittin me. you= didnt watch football in the early 2000's....if his defense was winning games..he dosent go to pro bowls. they threw 70% of the time...thats all him chief...he has a shit load of 300yrd games

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2009, 02:15:22 PM »
Not as successful, but just below if you're talking success of 10 years. I'd also say the same of Kurt Warner who wasn't drafted, yet won a Superbowl and has got there twice. And now also getting to the NFC championship with Arizona who is a deeply underrated team. Again, I'm talking success here. McNabb has been successful, but has choked on the most important games of his career.

I don't know.  Collins doesn't impress me.  He's no better than a backup IMO.  

See my comments above about Warner.  Very short run.  Very bad stints after his three-years of greatness in St. Louis.  Outstanding WR group in Arizona.    

McNabb choked in the Super Bowl, but remember he got there without T.O., who didn't play in the NFC Championship game that year.  

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2009, 02:26:36 PM »
mcnabb is over rated? another reason not to take pumpster seriously

lmaoo

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2009, 02:27:23 PM »
mcnabb is over rated? another reason not to take pumpster seriously

lmaoo

Yeah. That was my last time reading one of that guys posts

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2009, 02:30:51 PM »
Yeah. That was my last time reading one of that guys posts

seriously his and other's argument is that they had westbrook...well fuckhead's...wb was a backup for atleast 2 of the 4 nfc chip seasons...He wasn't even close to the breakout star he is as of late. buckhalter was solid...ill say that

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »
Are you shittin me. you= didnt watch football in the early 2000's....if his defense was winning games..he dosent go to pro bowls. they threw 70% of the time...thats all him chief...he has a shit load of 300yrd games

where was the eagles defense ranked all the years they went to the NFC championship games?
 McNabb has put up good numbers and not made the playoffs, if J. Johnson has a bad year they dont see the post season.
 and spare me the your weak Pro Bowl argument  ::), its strictly a popularity contest and nothing more look to this years qb's for examples.

my point being McNabb not having any help on offense is a poor one because his team has had consistantly very good defenses.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »
seriously his and other's argument is that they had westbrook...well fuckhead's...wb was a backup for atleast 2 of the 4 nfc chip seasons...He wasn't even close to the breakout star he is as of late. buckhalter was solid...ill say that

right.

the 2001-2005 nfc championship games only saw a good westbrook 2 out of those 4 years. And McNabb was still the man of that team.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2009, 02:41:19 PM »
where was the eagles defense ranked all the years they went to the NFC championship games?
 McNabb has put up good numbers and not made the playoffs, if J. Johnson has a bad year they dont see the post season.
 and spare me the your weak Pro Bowl argument  ::), its strictly a popularity contest and nothing more look to this years qb's for examples.

you shittin me right. Yeah they had a monster secondary. But mcnabb was the one who got the team going. defense didnt win games like the 2000 ravens or the 2008 steelers

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2009, 09:01:33 PM »
If McNabb had been a better QB they take it over the top alot sooner than 09, he's been there forever.

If he'd have been great, he wouldn't have been seriously outplayed at QB last year, and benched this year. Only the coach lighting a fire under his highly complacent and pampered ass triggerred better play, McNabb didn't do it on his own and isn't smart enough to realize even now that it was completely appropriate.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2009, 12:52:46 AM »
you shittin me right. Yeah they had a monster secondary. But mcnabb was the one who got the team going. defense didnt win games like the 2000 ravens or the 2008 steelers

youre shitting me..the eagles D didnt win games?? ::) you need to look up where their D ranked all those years they were winning. and comparing the eagles D to the ravens of 2000 hardly sides with your point, thats completely secondary...if that.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2009, 04:54:24 AM »
Nothing against McNabb. He's a great QB. But Jeff Garcia got the Eagles to the Division playoffs too with most of the same people McNabb has been playing with. They were 5-4 when McNabb went down and ended up 10-6. Personally I think any good QB who manages the game well could win in Philly.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2009, 06:22:45 AM »
Westbrook is a serious weapon on that offense and anybody that doesn't believe that needs to watch all the games where Westbrook came up big and was McNabb's last out because he could no longer scramble like he used to. 

Bottom line is that McNabb has gotten many chances and continues to be inconsistent.  Garcia did a better job leading the team, just like Collins did this year in Tennessee.  People are so quick to dismiss the entire Eagles team and claim McNabb was the reason they won games.  Obviously their WRs could do something right because McNabb wasn't throwing to himself.
Squishy face retard

body88

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2009, 06:40:25 AM »
Nothing against McNabb. He's a great QB. But Jeff Garcia got the Eagles to the Division playoffs too with most of the same people McNabb has been playing with. They were 5-4 when McNabb went down and ended up 10-6. Personally I think any good QB who manages the game well could win in Philly.

Exactly.  Mcnabb is the type of guy who makes you say " this guy belongs with the top QB's in the NFL" then he puts together the worst game you have ever seen when it matters most.  That said, maybe this year will be different.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2009, 08:10:58 AM »
Exactly.  Mcnabb is the type of guy who makes you say " this guy belongs with the top QB's in the NFL" then he puts together the worst game you have ever seen when it matters most.  That said, maybe this year will be different.

Nice assessment.  I agree.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2009, 08:23:35 AM »

Shit he is underrated too..
Gotta remember ..Garcia was a 3x Pro Bowler in SF before joining the Eagles

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2009, 10:19:15 AM »

Garcia didn't get the Eagles to the NFC Championship game, like McNabb has done 5 times. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2009, 10:24:14 AM »
Shit he is underrated too..
Gotta remember ..Garcia was a 3x Pro Bowler in SF before joining the Eagles

Not only that, but he has the best statistical year in Niner QB history (better than Montana and Young). 

What's interesting (for those who think McNabb is overrated) is no one can really identify the laundry list of QBs who were better than McNabb the last ten years.  He has easily been one of the top 5 best QBs in the NFL since 1998. 

And as you pointed out in an earlier thread, Phil Simms is already saying McNabb should be in the HOF. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2009, 10:53:07 AM »

precisely my point.

body88

« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »
Not only that, but he has the best statistical year in Niner QB history (better than Montana and Young). 

What's interesting (for those who think McNabb is overrated) is no one can really identify the laundry list of QBs who were better than McNabb the last ten years.  He has easily been one of the top 5 best QBs in the NFL since 1998. 

And as you pointed out in an earlier thread, Phil Simms is already saying McNabb should be in the HOF. 

We understand that you can make an argument with the stats, but the knock on McNabb has always been that just when you start to consider him one of the elite qb's he puts together a horrible string of games, and stink up the joint.  I think the overrated talk will stop when McNabb wins something significant.  The pats went to the AFC title game in 06 and back to the sb in 07 and no one gives a shit.  Manning went to several AFC championship games, and no one cared until he actually won one.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2009, 11:26:54 AM »

What will stick out in my mind the most about with McNabb was his performance in the last moments of the SB. they had a chance to win the game yet he took his sweet time.