Author Topic: McNabb!!!!  (Read 16256 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: McNabb!!!!
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2009, 02:37:05 PM »
i think 4 are better. Marino easily.

Wasn't asking if they are better than McNabb.  I was asking if body considered them "great."  His standard for greatness includes winning a Super Bowl and none of those QBs won a Super Bowl. 

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: January 16, 2009, 02:42:03 PM »
I have no idea.  Salary cap?  Bad personnel decisions?  Poor drafting?  What does that have to with McNabb?  Why didn't FA WRs flock to NE to play with Brady for years? 

free agents such as Randy Moss and Corey Dillon...

also NE already had multiple SB rings so they didnt need to drop a large amount of cash for WR's or other free agents. why should they? they were  hugely successful w/o them.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: January 16, 2009, 02:44:12 PM »
Dude the NFL free agent process is way more complicated than that.
Wideouts would love to play with McNabb..
as surprising as this may be to you free agents have more pull than you think, they're not helpless.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 16, 2009, 03:13:36 PM »
free agents such as Randy Moss and Corey Dillon...

also NE already had multiple SB rings so they didnt need to drop a large amount of cash for WR's or other free agents. why should they? they were  hugely successful w/o them.

NE had a pretty average WR group for years before Moss. 

Maybe the reason Philly didn't bring in more high profile WRs is they were winning without them?  I don't know. . . .     

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #104 on: January 16, 2009, 03:23:18 PM »
NE had a pretty average WR group for years before Moss. 

Maybe the reason Philly didn't bring in more high profile WRs is they were winning without them?  I don't know. . . .     

Why didn't FA WRs flock to NE to play with Brady for years? 

Yes NE had average wideouts years before Moss but they were still winning SB's. thats why FA WR's werent flocking to NE like you asked, the FA WR's would have NO leverage, all the leverage was with NE due to their success.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #105 on: January 16, 2009, 05:05:59 PM »
McNabb would have to do more than win a SB to be great, he would have to consistently maintain his current performance for a couple of years minimum. Just a SB win puts him in Dilfer/Doug Williams territory.

Wideouts as i mentioned and as just mentioned by someone else is a weak argument, others have won with solid rather than great wideouts. McNabb hasn't.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2009, 01:23:32 PM »
21-6 so far. McNabb must be so frustrated being that he has no help  ::)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2009, 01:45:44 PM »
Here we go again. McNabb choking on some bad throws. But the defense ain't helping him out any.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2009, 01:55:57 PM »
Here we go again. McNabb choking on some bad throws. But the defense ain't helping him out any.

"another open receiver for McNabb and another miss"  Joe Buck

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2009, 03:04:13 PM »
"another open receiver for McNabb and another miss"  Joe Buck

hahaha still watchin?

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2009, 03:10:00 PM »

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2009, 03:11:04 PM »
This next play will decide if McNabb and Reid stay in Pbilly..

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2009, 03:21:57 PM »
Sorry Beach, but like I said a great quarterback can come from behind and win. McNabb will play for Tampa next year.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »
I say he's gone after this game.  So many shitty passes and piss poor leadership.  Defense was nothing special but McNabb blew big time.  More spotty performance from a good QB, not a great one.
Squishy face retard

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2009, 03:25:23 PM »
i think McNabb will be back. he is a good qb, who else are they going to get?

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2009, 03:28:52 PM »
i think McNabb will be back. he is a good qb, who else are they going to get?
Someone who will be consistent.  McNabb is not irreplaceable.
Squishy face retard

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2009, 03:46:10 PM »
maybe Hank Baskett don't like catching the football.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
maybe Hank Baskett don't like catching the football.

Just Hefners leftovers :-\

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2009, 04:30:45 PM »
McNabb and Bum fastidiously maintaining that unblemished .000  record. ;D :D

McNabb, Reid lose chance at redemption

Champions write their own legacy. Everyone else's gets written for them.

That is the reality for Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb, the coach and quarterback who reached five NFC championship games together and will now be remembered mostly for losing four of them and a Super Bowl.

Whether that's fair is beside the point. When the Eagles lost 32-25 to the Arizona Cardinals yesterday, Reid and McNabb lost the chance to write their own redemption story.

"It's a very sudden thing when you lose in the playoffs," Reid said through his soon-to-be-shaved playoff beard. "They all hurt. These are different guys. Every team is different."

McNabb had one more shot to write himself a new one. The Eagles' march to midfield with under 3 minutes left gave them plenty of time to drive for a tying touchdown. Four incompletions from the Arizona 47 ended the season.

McNabb, trying to put the ball over defenders, overthrew Jackson on second down. On third, he was forced to throw quickly as a blitzing defender closed and the ball was behind Hank Baskett.

Fourth-and-10 will linger longest, however.

Kevin Curtis was matched up with former Eagles cornerback Rod Hood. As Curtis cut toward the sideline, he stumbled. McNabb, throwing in rhythm, put the ball right where Curtis should have been. The receiver got his hands up and almost made the catch, but the combination of gravity's tug and the quickness with which the ball was upon him was too much.

Hood may have reached out and tripped Curtis up. It was hard to tell from replays.

"All I know is my man went down," McNabb said.

But Curtis, who deflected a pass that turned into McNabb's only interception, didn't have his legacy on the line. Neither did the other receivers who dropped passes during a futile first-half stretch. Neither did Asante Samuel or Sheldon Brown, who were abused by Cards superstar wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

McNabb did. That explains why he was the last player off the field, walking up the tunnel with a stunned expression. It explains the weariness in his eyes and voice as he answered familiar questions about an all-too-familiar result. When someone asked if this team's late surge meant it was building toward a bright future, McNabb's eyes widened in disbelief.

"I guess I've been building for 10 years," McNabb said, in a tone that made it sound like a very long time.

There's no way to know if McNabb and Reid will ever have another chance. Certainly no one saw this one coming.

"You say 'next time,' but you can't really do that with this," Reid said. "That's not how this works."

Twenty-eight NFL teams are fighting to get to where the Eagles were. Coaches have been fired and hired. Players will be released and drafted and signed. Another spring of minicamps and another hot summer of two-a-days will pass before the opening kickoff of another punishing regular season.

When you consider all that, it really is remarkable that Reid and McNabb have been able to make these five trips to the final four. It has been a superb run by the coach and the quarterback, but that will not be their legacy. Not now.

They lost that chance yesterday.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2009, 02:42:11 PM »
Sorry Beach, but like I said a great quarterback can come from behind and win. McNabb will play for Tampa next year.

You think a "great" QB would have resulted in Curtis catching that ball on 4th and 10?  McNabb played a very good game.  Well enough to win.  He put the ball on the money on 4th and 10.  Curtis was basically tackled and he didn't make the catch, despite getting two hands on the ball.  Fitzgerald would have made that catch.  Kevin Curtis, who is a WR3 at best, did not.  That has nothing to do with McNabb. 

The guy had Curtis, Jackson, and Celek as his WRs and TE.  Pitiful.  Westbrook had 12 carries for 45 yards.  Despite that, McNabb was 28 for 47 for 375 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, and had 2 carries for 31 yards.  Completed passes to 9 different receivers.  Couldn't ask for much more. 

I heard someone say that McNabb has had exactly 1 thousand yard WR in his career (T.O.).  That's just shameful.  He overachieved again despite being surrounded by pretty average talent.

If he winds up in Tampa they'll be a better team and the Eagles probably don't make the playoffs.  Kevin Kolb is no McNabb.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2009, 02:53:48 PM »
You think a "great" QB would have resulted in Curtis catching that ball on 4th and 10?  McNabb played a very good game.  Well enough to win.  He put the ball on the money on 4th and 10.  Curtis was basically tackled and he didn't make the catch, despite getting two hands on the ball.  Fitzgerald would have made that catch.  Kevin Curtis, who is a WR3 at best, did not.  That has nothing to do with McNabb. 

The guy had Curtis, Jackson, and Celek as his WRs and TE.  Pitiful.  Westbrook had 12 carries for 45 yards.  Despite that, McNabb was 28 for 47 for 375 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT, and had 2 carries for 31 yards.  Completed passes to 9 different receivers.  Couldn't ask for much more. 

I heard someone say that McNabb has had exactly 1 thousand yard WR in his career (T.O.).  That's just shameful.  He overachieved again despite being surrounded by pretty average talent.

If he winds up in Tampa they'll be a better team and the Eagles probably don't make the playoffs.  Kevin Kolb is no McNabb.   

I agree with this assessment.  You really can't fault McNabb too much on this loss.  the defense gave up 30+.  Not going to win too many games like that no matter who you have behind the center.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2009, 03:09:28 PM »
Underrated?????????     How about over the hill....like the rest of his teamates.   The NFL world knows Dallas will be back!!!!!!   Sooner or later it will be all ours again.   For the next 5 yrs the Super Bowl will belong to the BOYZ. W/o us   the Superbowl sucks!!!!
((-::

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2009, 07:29:55 PM »

Classic denial. You just know that if it takes 4 paragraphs and endless excuses, there's a smokescreen going up.

The truth is the QB is most responsible for wins and loses, which is why he has a 113 million dollar contract, commercials, acolades, etc. The trend is very clear...

When someone asked if this team's late surge meant it was building toward a bright future, McNabb's eyes widened in disbelief.

"I guess I've been building for 10 years," McNabb said, in a tone that made it sound like a very long time.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2009, 07:32:29 PM »
I agree with this assessment.  You really can't fault McNabb too much on this loss.  the defense gave up 30+.  Not going to win too many games like that no matter who you have behind the center.

Actually the defense isn't at fault as much as some think, they simply couldn't cover the best receiver and a good QB, which would happen against most defenses in the league including the good ones.

This is a classic McNabb deflection, which is exactly the kind of enabling mentality that keeps him there. Bottom line he didn't come thru at the end...AGAIN. He's getting 113 million because the QB is a focal point of a team and is usually the single most responsible individual on the team for wins and loses despite the team game rhetoric.

McNabb's extremely lucky that he's got an enabler coach who still calls him the best QB in the league. About the ONLY time he hasn't been pampered by the coach was during that benching, which effectively lit a fire under his complacent ass-for a while-streak players like McNabb eventually peter out, as happened yesterday. They got rid of the wrong QB last year.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: January 19, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »
He must not have eaten his Campbell's Chunky Soup.  He's an inconsistent player at best and proved it by not going to the Super Bowl.
Squishy face retard