Author Topic: Is anybody else already looking at mock drafts for the NFL?  (Read 17632 times)

body88

Re: Is anybody else already looking at mock drafts for the NFL?
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2009, 09:09:28 AM »
If life was perfect then Chicago will get CRABTREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago needs a QB.  The only way I could see you going after Crabtree is if you go out and get a vet like Garcia.  The kid you have now is not a good NFL QB.  You saw what Calvin Johnson did for Detriot, nothing. 

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2009, 11:03:21 AM »

Chicago needs a QB.  The only way I could see you going after Crabtree is if you go out and get a vet like Garcia.  The kid you have now is not a good NFL QB.  You saw what Calvin Johnson did for Detriot, nothing. 

Matthew Stafford is not the answer for us. I want Andre Smith at LT out of Alabama.
D

body88

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2009, 04:23:07 PM »

Matthew Stafford is not the answer for us. I want Andre Smith at LT out of Alabama.

I don't really like this QB class.  Chicago should take the tackle you are talking about and go after Cassel or Garcia.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2009, 06:34:40 PM »
I don't really like this QB class.  Chicago should take the tackle you are talking about and go after Cassel or Garcia.

I thought that the Patriots franchised Cassel
D

body88

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2009, 06:45:51 PM »
I thought that the Patriots franchised Cassel

They did, but that tender can be written into a singing bonus in a tag and trade with another team.  Cassel would be perfect for the Bears.  I have heard that the pats think the kid they got in the third round is going to be better than Cassel.  They know how to pick qb's so I don't have much to say about that.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2009, 06:07:35 AM »
Man,everybody knows I'm a Giants fan but I have a hard time reading the message boards on NY Giants.com :-\
talk about some unrealistic mock drafts ::)

body88

« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2009, 06:13:17 AM »
Man,everybody knows I'm a Giants fan but I have a hard time reading the message boards on NY Giants.com :-\

Basically, if you let a fan run a team, you would have the Washington Redskins.  You don't win with big name FA, workout wonders and one trick pony's.  You win with character guys, players who do their jobs and productive football players.

When you build a team you use the draft to build the offensive and defensive lines first.  Thats the core of your team for the next 10 years.  Then you go after a qb.  The skill positions come last and they are the least important.  You can win with a great qb, great lines and average skill position players, because the great line will make the backs look better and the great qb will make the wr te look better. One the same token, a great line and lb's will make the cb's and db's look much better.

I know that the pats attach a value to each position and they stick to it.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2009, 08:27:46 AM »

I am sure that Cleveland will deal you Braylon Edwards and what about Mario Manningham? Is he still getting high? I thought him and Tom Coughlin had a good long talk about that. Toomer is done with the Giants.

GO BLUE!!
D

body88

« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2009, 09:13:56 AM »
I am sure that Cleveland will deal you Braylon Edwards and what about Mario Manningham? Is he still getting high? I thought him and Tom Coughlin had a good long talk about that. Toomer is done with the Giants.

GO BLUE!!

I would like to see the pats go after, Brain Leonard and Julies Peppers.  Peppers for Cassel straight up.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 05:53:16 AM »
Alot of the mocks have the G-men taking Nicks.I'm not sure if thats the way to go.

body88

« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2009, 09:15:48 AM »
Alot of the mocks have the G-men taking Nicks.I'm not sure if thats the way to go.

Bady was throwing a football yesterday and said he would be back for the season.  If Cassel gets traded the pats are going to have 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, 2 third rounders, a fourth, fifth, two sixths and a seventh. It's on!

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 11:54:43 AM »
Bady was throwing a football yesterday and said he would be back for the season.  If Cassel gets traded the pats are going to have 2 first rounders, 2 second rounders, 2 third rounders, a fourth, fifth, two sixths and a seventh. It's on!

Can they sfford all that ???

Just saw another board with us taking Brit from Rutgers.

body88

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 01:41:46 PM »

Can they sfford all that ???

Just saw another board with us taking Brit from Rutgers.

If Cassel gets traded they will be close to 20 million under the cap.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »
If Cassel gets traded they will be close to 20 million under the cap.

Who would you like the pats to pick up in Free agency?
D

body88

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2009, 03:18:32 PM »
Who would you like the pats to pick up in Free agency?

I want the pats to trade Cassel for Peppers and a 3rd round pick.  If they trade Cassel for picks, I would like to see the pats pick up Brain Leonard from the ravens or Dre Bly on the cheap.  Bart Scott is another guy I like.  other than that the draft can be used to fill their needs. 

I have a feeling Scot Pioli is going to trade for Cassel.  Pioli and Belichick drafted him and Pioli will want to help the pats.  KC has a slew of picks and no one knows Cassel better than Pioli.  Cassel would instantly upgrade KC.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
I want the pats to trade Cassel for Peppers and a 3rd round pick.  If they trade Cassel for picks, I would like to see the pats pick up Brain Leonard from the ravens or Dre Bly on the cheap.  Bart Scott is another guy I like.  other than that the draft can be used to fill their needs. 

I have a feeling Scot Pioli is going to trade for Cassel.  Pioli and Belichick drafted him and Pioli will want to help the pats.  KC has a slew of picks and no one knows Cassel better than Pioli.  Cassel would instantly upgrade KC.

Nice. I think Peppers just got the Franchise tag and they signed Jordan Gross. Peppers will get his money next year and i have read where he has stated that he wants to retire as a panther. He did play at U.N.C. and i feel that he wants to stay in his home state.

The Pats should send Crable over to Detroit.
D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2009, 04:40:45 PM »
Bart Scott is another guy I like.   

he's a bitch, little hines ward made him cry

E
E

body88

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2009, 05:40:38 PM »
Nice. I think Peppers just got the Franchise tag and they signed Jordan Gross. Peppers will get his money next year and i have read where he has stated that he wants to retire as a panther. He did play at U.N.C. and i feel that he wants to stay in his home state.

The Pats should send Crable over to Detroit.

Who knows.  I read that Peppers was on a local radio station talking about how he would like to play for the pats....and that they were after him.  Honestly, it would only get done if Cassel was traded to them straight up.  Peppers said that he wanted out of Carolina at the pro bowl, and if you get the chance to get Cassel and to get rid of a guy who wants to play elsewhere, you have to do it, imo.  Think about this.....Cassel put up awesome numbers last year, and he did not make a single peep when the pats franchised him.  He even said that he would stay as Brady's backup if they needed him to.  The kids a good QB and he is just as good of a person.  If I was Carolina - I do that deal in an instant.....but like I said, I think Pioli is going to deal the number three pick for him which the pats will trade out of.  Pioli moved down last year when the pats picked 9th.

I dont think Crabel is going anywhere....they have plans for him and he has shown a lot of promise.  Detriot woud be very smart to take the best o-linemen in the draft and trade the number 20 first rounder to the pats for Cassel.  That would be a major haul right there.

body88

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2009, 06:02:06 PM »

he's a bitch, little hines ward made him cry

E

He's a good player.  Hines Ward is a whiny little bitch to.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2009, 06:11:38 PM »
He's a good player.  Hines Ward is a whiny little bitch to.

hines will never whine about getting hit

E
E

body88

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »
hines will never whine about getting hit

E

Maybe. But he will whine about tons of other shit. I would take Bart Scot in a second.  He is a good player who can help you win.  Maybe he wont be such a bitch on a different team.  It worked for Moss and Dillon.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »

Maybe. But he will whine about tons of other shit. I would take Bart Scot in a second.  He is a good player who can help you win.  Maybe he wont be such a bitch on a different team.  It worked for Moss and Dillon.

he whined about money, no different than any other player

you will never see him whine about getting hit by a man that weighs 50 pounds less ;)

E
E

body88

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2009, 06:45:53 PM »

you will never see him whine about getting hit by a man that weighs 50 pounds less ;)

E

I dont know about all that....what I do know is that he is a good player and he would look awful good with the flying elvis on his helmet.  Timons to.  Trade him to the pats, now.

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2009, 07:54:38 PM »

E

I loved seeing that hit that he put on Keith Rivers!! Something about a U$C linebacker getting the shit knocked out of him by a smaller player, well, it made me happy!
D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2009, 08:30:59 AM »
After the combine this week we should get a better look at things.