Author Topic: Geting married..Dumbest thing a man can do?  (Read 55586 times)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Re: Geting married..Dumbest thing a man can do?
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2009, 05:26:34 PM »
I have seen numerous successfull,happy,confident men become a shell of there former self after getting married.and eventually getting divorced.worst decision a man can make?I think so...
Depends on the man. Some man just can't handle their bitch.
A

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2009, 05:37:27 PM »
then you have the guys that are gluttens for punishment.get married three and four times...now them dudes deserve what they get.thats that shame on you shame on me shit.
DAWG

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »
Hell no,

I will never have a bitch interfere with my training.  :)

::)
I look forward watching your enthusiasm wither away.

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2009, 06:07:42 PM »
Hell no,

I will never have a bitch interfere with my training.  :)

Maybe you need a BBing chick. Problem is they might be more nuts than normal!!!!

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2009, 06:25:59 PM »
Impregnating someone you don't have a future with is far dumber than marrying them.  Marriage you can easily get out of it through divorce.  Fathering an unwanted child is something you may be stuck with for many many years.

With the right dosage of testosterone, bodybuilders have no probs with getting bitter gals up the duff.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2009, 06:29:24 PM »

Learn from those who have lived through it. Don't roll your eyes at the "advices" we give you. I wish someone had told me.....

Yeah well a good friend 'o mine routinely got the juice for me at the local farm stores was married to this youngest bitter girl and she thought it was a-ok-ay to suck the carpet of a fellow female teacher; of course he wasn't happy.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »
bunch of bitter men here

LOL it's exactly the same mindset as the guy dressed as santa who killed his wife and torched the house.

Essentially he made most of the money during the marriage then she took the house. ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2009, 06:33:32 PM »
then you have the guys that are gluttens for punishment.get married three and four times...

You mean like "coach"? ;)

The opinions here have some truth, but it's a little one-sided. It's very true that someone you think you know for years and put effort into can turn around and bite you in the ass, like a total stranger. Disturbing to see, there are ahole phonies of both sexes in abundance.

It's something that has to be considered while at the same time not getting so bitter as to rule out everyone-get the nup, cover your ass then proceed with caution. ;) What someone said about marriage councelling is true, it knocks the divorce rate down substantially by eliminating many couples who thought they were compatible but really weren't.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2009, 06:34:30 PM »
Bunch of greedy vindictive women out there.

Being ass-raped by the female feminist friendly courts dear, hurts.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2009, 12:41:36 AM »
Getting married was the best thing I have done -

Your wife's ex-boyfriend thanks you very much...It takes all the pressure off him when he bangs her now... :D And I won't even get into the UPS and FEdex drivers(but long story short, they thank you to)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2009, 01:00:12 AM »
No it's not, a women gives more to her man than a man gives to her.  A women supports her man emotionally and it is proven men who are happily married live longer, because of their wives.

jt

You must be a virgin....it's clear you've never even dealt with a woman, let alone lived or had a relationship with one.
HAHA, RON.....

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2009, 01:06:49 AM »
then you have the guys that are gluttens for punishment.get married three and four times...now them dudes deserve what they get.thats that shame on you shame on me shit.

I know what you mean. I got 2 friends like that...un-fucking-real. It's like they're afraid to be alone...personally, I learned at an early age, that it is better to be alone, than to have bad company.

Both of 'em had awful divorces (is there any other kind?), and one got re-married (wife #2), and the other is about to do it again (#3).  :-\

BTW, we have some young fellas here, who may not have figured this out; ALL WOMEN ARE CRAZY. It's just the level of craziness that varies.
HAHA, RON.....

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2009, 01:19:31 AM »
ive been blessed,my wife is from south america(colombia)and she and i have had a great marraige the last 8 years,we have a 2 and a half year old healthy baby boy who,s the love of our lives.im 43 and shes 28 and imo shes very beatiful inside and out.the secret to making a good marraige is treating her like its valentines day everyday,im not a rich man but something as simple as a card once aweek and making breakfast for her every morning,calling her during the day to say you love her,little things like that keep the relationship strong imo.ive been down that dating scene road before i got married and it was hard at times,just when you think you met the perfect women you find out she has a penis,just kidding,but no matter how great alot of girls come off at first,it just seemed like as soon as we moved in together they changed for the worst,i felt like i moved in with my mother most of the time.i guess the broads say the same about us,lol
R

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2009, 04:43:14 AM »
Would you go sky diving if there was a 50/50 chance the parachute won't open...?

A better question would be, "Would you go skydiving without making ALL the right safety checks to ensure the parachute opens?"

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2009, 06:21:14 AM »

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2009, 06:37:10 AM »
The way I see it, there are at least 5 mistakes that usually spell DOOM to a marriage:

Mistake #1 - Shacking up. From what I've seen personally (and a few studies here and there), folks who shack up first are more likely to end up divorce than those who don't.

Mistake #2 - (Lack of) Marriage Counseling. I've often used the analogy this way: Marriage is to dating/having a girlfriend as winning the Super Bowl is to winning the NFC/AFC championship. The expectations go way up. It's a whole different level. That's why it's important to get marriage counseling. You have to know what the expectations are, for yourself and for your spouse. Some churches offer marriage counseling (in fact, some require it, before they'll perform the ceremony). The problem is that it's easily circumvented.

I don't know if there is a non-religious form of marriage counseling (for our non-Christians folks here; maybe some of these "humanist centers" provide something to that effect); but, preparation for what should be the biggest step in your life puts you on the inside track to a successful marriage.

Mistake #3 - Unrealistic expectations. You aren't Superman; your wife-to-be ain't Wonder Woman. Too many people have skeletons in their closet and jacked up homes and problems. They expect their wives/husbands to deliver them from the demons of the past. And when they can't, it's divorce time. As one pastor said so eloquently, "If you don't bring happiness into a marriage, you will not get happiness in a marriage". Contrary to that corny like in "Jerry Macquire", you can't complete your wife and your wife can't complete you.

Mistake #4 - Lack of Forgiveness and Humility. Sometimes, you'll be right and sometimes, you'll be wrong. Don't lord your wife's mistakes over her, because Lord knows you won't like it, if she does the same to you (when you screw up). If you're going to forgive her, then do just that: Forgive her and move forward.

Mistake #5: Financial irresponsibilty. Call me old-fashioned. But, I still believe the husband is the leader of the home and it is HIS responsibility to take care of his family (whether his wife works or not). And, the key word is LEADER, not tyrant, not overlord. With that said, making financial decisions, without your wife's counsel, is just plain DUMB. I know personally, I've saved myself a lot of headache, by listening to my wife's advice, before making certain decisions. You may not always agree. But, it's about working together. My wife has not worked full-time in over 5 years (partially, because we have 4-year old daughter). She wants to be home with her; and I want my baby girl to be with her mother, NOT at a day care center.

If both wife and husband work, the goal should be to make that you can live comfortably on ONE salary. If it takes both salaries to get by, chances are you are living WAY beyond your means, a potentially DEADLY scenario (especially in this economy).

That's my take on the situation. If you look at some failed marriages, more often than not, the issues I've listed are part of the reason those nuptials have gone south.

Edit - There's also that phrase, "You can't make a 'ho' a housewife". Sometimes, we guys make HORRIBLE choices for girlfriends. If you can't bring her home to Mom and Dad, if you can't see spending the next 50 years with her, if you can't see her being the mother of your children or representing you by carrying YOUR LAST NAME, if something tells you that she isn't wifey material.....END THE RELATIONSHIP (I don't care how round her booty is, or how huge her breastists be). As it says in Proverbs, "Charm is deceitful; and beauty is fleeting". You get a girl with a flawed character and destructive nature, and you'll be utterly MISERABLE, no matter how fine she is.
Maybe the best post I've ever read on the topic.  Quoted for truth.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2009, 06:39:03 AM »
Getting married is usually not a good idea.  I've been married for 3 years and am very happy so far, but there are days when it does feel like work.  I certainly don't recommend this for everyone....I think most people SHOULD NOT be married.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2009, 06:39:12 AM »
making breakfast for her every morning

i'm a straight guy, gracie, but i'd marry you for breakfast every morning.  

Triple-H_2005

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • I mostly lurk...
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2009, 06:45:41 AM »
I guess my question to the more cynical guys is this...

Are you going to be happy when you're old and alone?  I mean, I can see how much fun it is to be single and young, but there's not much of a "young hot ass" market for the over-55 set...

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2009, 06:49:56 AM »

Are you going to be happy when you're old and alone?  I mean, I can see how much fun it is to be single and young, but there's not much of a "young hot ass" market for the over-55 set...
As long as your not a broke dumb dick you'll be able to pull young Women your whole life. Thats a fact.

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2009, 06:52:12 AM »
Getting married is usually not a good idea.  I've been married for 3 years and am very happy so far, but there are days when it does feel like work.  I certainly don't recommend this for everyone....I think most people SHOULD NOT be married.  
I watch Maury every single day. That and my life experiences tell me no marriage for me.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2009, 06:53:34 AM »
I watch Maury every single day. That and my life experiences tell me no marriage for me.
lol
R

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2009, 06:54:50 AM »

I would be happy to be old and financially secure.but a failed marriage or two would surly nip that in the butt.and I would probably work until I die instead of enjoy retirement.also I happen to know some men in there mid fifty's early sixty's that still get thirty something year old ass....however another reason I choose to not marry is that it is a religious institution.and me not being a religious man,there's really no point.and on top of that all it does is make the state a third party to all your affairs.All in All it's the worst contract a man can sign.
DAWG

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2009, 07:01:48 AM »
I would be happy to be old and financially secure.but a failed marriage or two would surly nip that in the butt.and I would probably work until I die instead of enjoy retirement.also I happen to know some men in there mid fifty's early sixty's that still get thirty something year old ass....however another reason I choose to not marry is that it is a religious institution.and me not being a religious man,there's really no point.and on top of that all it does is make the state a third party to all your affairs.All in All it's the worst contract a man can sign.
Can't put it any more crystal clear then that. Buy that Man a beer.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2009, 11:29:09 AM »
marriage is an absolutely lose all around situation unless she is bringing something seriously substantial to the table, like a massive trust fund.

Marriage only works as a business agreement.