Author Topic: Stories - Your favorite stories re pros / legends  (Read 548160 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: onlyme, Max_rep, others: tell your favorite stories
« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2005, 07:40:07 PM »
619 did you know the Clever Cleaver Brothers.  They lived near the roller coaster I think.  We had a party at there house.  They hung around like many others because of all the bikini girls.  Debbie Dunning made her activing debut in that movie.  I think her boyfriend hosted Good Morning San Diego that I appeared on with Leslie Nielson.  And of course he was farting the whole time.  Another debut was by Eva LaRue who now is very popular.  And do they still have that paddle boat out in the bay.  I had to jump from the top of that thing.  I hit the bottom.  They checked the depth and said it was okay but by the time we had to jump we moved and the water was maybe 12'.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2005, 07:43:55 PM »
You knw another thing I remember about shooting there was as on most shoots when there are RV's, sports cars, off road vehicles and big-boy toys you want the Transportation Supervisor on your side.  His name was Duncan.  Well of course he loved us (the stuntmen) so we got just anything we wanted.  Well we wanted the Jetski's.   Generally all transportation is under his supervision as were these.  So we talked into giving us the keys to them and took off on several nights and during down time and the gas bill went way over budget.  But hey we had fun.

619Rules

« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2005, 08:14:25 PM »
619 did you know the Clever Cleaver Brothers.  They lived near the roller coaster I think.  We had a party at there house.  They hung around like many others because of all the bikini girls.  Debbie Dunning made her activing debut in that movie.  I think her boyfriend hosted Good Morning San Diego that I appeared on with Leslie Nielson.  And of course he was farting the whole time.  Another debut was by Eva LaRue who now is very popular.  And do they still have that paddle boat out in the bay. 

Hey Debbie Dunning....what a hottie, she actually married a guy from my gym, a big pro beach volleyball player-super cool guy-I cant recall his name right now but he is one of the most popular pro beach players in history.....great guy and she is a cutie....

Never met the Cleaver Brothers.....but Mission beach was a crazy place with alot of crazy people........

Those were certainly some of the best times of my life....as I said earlier, I used to see Bob Ries all the time at Mission Beach, always with his wife and always shredded wheat with no bodyfat at all....he was very impressive......most people wont remember Ries, and that is too bad b/c he was awesome.......

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2005, 08:17:05 PM »
onlyme.....

good stories.

This thread is becoming one of Getbig's alltime best.

Milly

« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2005, 05:16:44 AM »
Thanks Keith,the reason I asked is that you look very familiar................ I must have seen you on one of those shows or in some commercials I`m sure because my memory sucks but I never forget a face.

DITTO

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2005, 05:41:38 AM »
Keith,please kep `em coming......that restaurant story had me in stitches!!  ;D

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #206 on: March 24, 2005, 07:17:14 AM »
Chuck Kirsch was a competative BB who won the NY Mets a number of times and other Atlantic Coast touneys over the years. He past away at ~44 years of age, but had a life full of times with Andy Bostinto, Mike Ashley, Jim Quinn, Bev Francis training on the west coast (Golds, etc.) after winning or placing years ago in the teenage Mr Universe/My America contests. He was a friend that lived and breathed this sport from the teenage years until the day he passed.

He was like the mini-Mayor to any contest that we would go to on the East Coast, people knew him. He was a strong f**k too, never knew what failure was, he defined training through pain and would prabably be a match for Platz in his day. He was a true pleasure to lift with, go to eat or to just hang around.

Post contest he loved to go to Jackson Hole (the burger chain in NYC) and order a few of their jumbo burgers and would have them finished before the server finished serving all of us! After that it was off for frozen yogurt a muffin and a slice of pizza - while the next day he was just as ripped and not bloated. Unbelievable. He did land some photoshoots in Flex, Ironman, Men's Exercise and a few stints on TV.

Man..y'all would have pegged this guy right up there - one helluva practical joker.

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #207 on: March 24, 2005, 09:00:39 AM »
onlyme.....

good stories.

This thread is becoming one of Getbig's alltime best.
agree

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #208 on: March 24, 2005, 11:15:37 AM »
I was looking through an old mag today and came across some pics of Jesse Ventura,and my first thought was that it looked like Onlyme,so i was wondering if you ever got mistaken for him.And the story about Leslie Nielson with the fart cushion,well the first time he appeared on live tv over here in the UK,was on a chat show and he did the exact thing that you described

[attachment deleted by admin]

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #209 on: March 24, 2005, 11:59:40 AM »
Okay,

This is the fart machine I have and have had many times when with family or freinds we've almost died laughing.

http://www.thefartmachine.com/

and keep moving!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: March 24, 2005, 12:07:03 PM »
How did Chuck Kirsch die.........I was in the 2002 Atlantic states with him..........he looked great and seemed like a nice guy.

Sorry to hear about this.................... may he rest in peace!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #211 on: March 24, 2005, 12:15:25 PM »
No that's not it Max.  That one sucks compared to this one.  I have one in my car, if I remember I will take a pic of it and put it up.  This is cylinder in shape about 1.5" in diameter and about 2.5 tall.  It is rubber with hard plastic top and bottom.  Someone tried to copy it and that one sucks too.  The guy who inventer was 63 years old was an ex-pro golfer.  He had arthritis and wanted to keep playing golf.  So he made this little rubber bag thing he could easily hold in his hand and squeeze.  Well it was too hard because it was filled air and it wouldn;t give way when he squeezed it.  So he put a hole in the top.  he found out that when he sqeezed it he had to position his hand just right to let the air out and it made a farting noise.  Well after several variation he came up with the Han-D-Gas.  He has sold thousands of them.  Me and Leslie would go all over Mission Bay everytime we went out to eat and fart on people.  I remember waiting in line at the bank with friend.  So boring waiting in line so I started farting.  After awhile everyone knew I had it and was egging me on to fart on all the new people that walked into the bank.  The  funniest time ever in bank I am sure any of these people had.  I will tell you the story when I was walking down the venice boardwalk farting.  I literally had 30+ people following me with cameras talking pictures and video of me.  Now this had allot of bodybuilders involved cause I farted on everyone and their were plenty down there.  I even had 3 cops following me cracking up so hard that they thought they better hang around in case something bad happens.  I got a million of them each of them gut-busters.  If you had one you'd understand.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: March 24, 2005, 12:32:29 PM »
OMG!!!! I was laughing so hard I hard to wipe away the tears to finish reading the end of the story.   ;D ;D  More please.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #213 on: March 24, 2005, 12:54:06 PM »
I was never mistaken for "The Body" Ventura, but when Hulk was in town wrestling we trained together at the old World Gym here.  if you ever wanted to see a "get-down" gym then this is it.  Anyway I was doing cables with him.  First off the gym was open 24 hours a day.  It had allot of the gym open to the elements (outside) and some more encased in a chained linked fence.  Well the cables are located in an area facing the main street (Ala Wai Canal) and only had the fence in front.  SO you could see in as well as out.  So we are doing the cables and these people walk by and see Hulk right away.  Well that weekend he was supposed to wrestle with or against Brutus the Barber Beefcake.  Well just before that trip he got in a horrible accident.  I am sure someone knows more than me but I think basically he was techinng someone to water ski.  he was holding them up in the water keeping them stead on the skis.  Well he yell "Go" and the boat took off and the skier went right over his face and the fin on the bottom of the ski went right across the front of his head splitting it wide open.  This is kind of what I heard happened.  Maybe someone else knows more.  He also had a beautiful girlfriend (or wife I later found out) that i would rather not go into.  That's her in the pic.  She worked at Hooters and was in Playboy.  What memories.  Anyway, so me and Hulk were training and these peole come up and go crazy over seeing.  They looked at me and though I was The Beefcake.  I gave them my autograph and signed is Brutal 'The Barber" Cheesecake.  It's funny cause I was thinking of doing that but didn't mean too when I signed it but could'nt say I made a mistake.  So that was the only time as a wrestler.  I have to tell you the Big John Studd Story and the Kazmaier.  In fact Kazmair story is next cause I know you guys will love that one.  Just imagine me and him together.  Sorry about the pic being so small but it was in one of those funny frames where there are allot of pictures.  And yes I am smooth but you have to realize I was eating Hooters (literally) everyday.  They sponosred me so i got free food.  Plus I am about 305 there with a little vascualrity in the forearm.  usually i have allot more but only there

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: March 24, 2005, 01:01:05 PM »
Can`t wait for the Kaz story,a guy i worked at the nightclub with told me about when Kaz came to their gym to do a seminar,and this was just after they had seen Bertil Fox,and Ian Harrison train there,and he said he has never seen anyone the size of Kaz.He says that he walked in and grabbed a pair of 150s,cleaned them to his shoulders,pressed them for 10 reps,and clamly placed them back in the dumbbell rack.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #215 on: March 24, 2005, 01:33:14 PM »
Keith... I love your writing style man. I can tell your mind is going faster than you can type. We need to save these posts and put them into a book for you.
and keep moving!

SilentMethod

• Getbig III
« Reply #216 on: March 24, 2005, 01:49:07 PM »
Keith - Goddam, the broad your in the pic !Those are some fine knokkers? How did she look? Any stories? C'mon now?
U dont work, U dont eat
U dont grind, U dont Shine

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #217 on: March 24, 2005, 01:59:28 PM »
Okay here is another long story.  Kazmaier is a good friend and a great guy.  He has come to Hawaii on a few occasions to help me with things I have promoted.  Plus we share the same birthday so we send birthday e-cards to each other.   Anyway, the first time he came here for me was back in 1990 or 91'.  We were promoting the 1st Gold's Gym Bodybuilding Contest here along with a few other promotions including a great tug-a-war contest I was doing.

Well, me and a friend of mine decided to take Bill on a tour of Oahu,  At the time I had a nice 4x4 Bronco.  So, myself and Bill are in the front.  We are driving around and ended up in Waikiki.  We’re driving down Kalakaua Ave, (the street along Waikiki Beach) and was turning left at the zoo.  It was a yellow light. So I went, cause I learned to make rights on yellows.  Well in Waikiki the police drive around in those 3-wheel Cushman buggies.  So I hear a siren behind me.  I go about 100’ and pull into a short driveway next to the zoo.  Now when I get pulled over I like getting out of the car immediately cause it seems to get more respect from the cop.  So I did.  Well I hear this “sir get back into the vehicle” from the little buggy.  I said no it is too small and I want to stand out here.  So now he is a little pissed and he gets out of his buggy.  Then Big Bill gets out.  I swear to god no way in hell this guy weighed more than 135 and was about 5’4” oriental.  I told him don’t worry I am not going to do anything.  He starts to asks us again to get in the car.  Bill now says “I’m not staying in that fucking car you’ll have to handcuff me.”  Well he grabs his radio thing near his shoulder and calls for assistance.  In about 5 seconds I think there was about 4 more of those buggys and 3 or 4 regular cars. There was maybe 12 cops there. First they see me and they all know me.  I have done so many thing here and been on TV and everything so they were all cool to me.  Then they notice Bill.  They went crazy.  They told the little cop guy do you who these guys are and they introduce me and then Bill as the Worlds Strongest Man. The little cop felt so bad.  So now we are on the side of the zoo with a crowd coming together signing autographs for everyone.  They let us go.  It was really funny to see the little guys face when Bill told him he wasn’t going back into the car, cause Bill kind of yelled it at him and sounded mean.

In relation to Bill at the gym.  Everyone couldn’t wait for him to get there to train.  He shows up and we decide to do arms.  So I do my little warm-ups with the girly weights, while Bill goes over nears the end of the rack and picks up the 100’s.  He takes them and does about 20 full biceps curls like they were nothing to warmup.  Eevryone in the gym was standing there with their mouths wide open.  They couldn’t believe it.  The next day he did a little bench.  I asked him how much he can do now and he just said he doesn’t go really heavy right now.  Well he did go up to 405.  the only thing is that he did 30 of them and had more in him.  He told me he has done 50 reps with 400 before.  Unreal.  I felt like a little kid working out with him

I remember the hotel we put him up in was the Tahitian Lanai.  It was one of the oldest hotels in Honolulu and in fact is gone now.  It was all Gold’s Gym was going to pay for.  Well you have to imagine what it looked like.  Very old only two story’s on the beach and very local looking.  Plus it had no A/C and no front doors to close only a screen door.  I never looked inside before.  Bill calls me and tells me he will pay for his own flight home if I don’t get him out of there.  So I ended up having to pay for the Illikai which was about $200 a night rather than the bargin of $75 a night at the Tahitian Lanai.  Oh well Bill is worth the upgrade.

The pics are from the Arnold a couple years ago and the other is from the tug-a-war.  The other guy is Norm Compton who was Stallone bodyguard and Dolly Parton’s.  He also acts a lot.

You know Max you are right.  I am ttying to think while I type.  I can type pretty fast as long as you don't count the mistakes like in typing class.  And no I woudl rather not talk about Kristen and yes she has one of the most incredible bodies.  Hell she was in Playboy.  Plus she took 1st place at the bikini contest I judged. 

619Rules

« Reply #218 on: March 24, 2005, 02:03:44 PM »
Can`t wait for the Kaz story,a guy i worked at the nightclub with told me about when Kaz came to their gym to do a seminar,and this was just after they had seen Bertil Fox,and Ian Harrison train there,and he said he has never seen anyone the size of Kaz.He says that he walked in and grabbed a pair of 150s,cleaned them to his shoulders,pressed them for 10 reps,and clamly placed them back in the dumbbell rack.
For those of you who have not seen Kaz in person-your in for a big shock. You cannot imagine the differnce in size there is bewteen television and real life.

Kaz must be 6'6 or so and when I saw the guy he must have weighed in at 300+ pounds EASILY-he was so damn big it scared me. He was almost a foot taller and you could fit 2-3 of my frames within his body-he is very, very big.....its funny b/c this was at a San Diego fitness trade show, and he was repping a line of  equipment similar to Hammer Strength-he gave me his business card-had his name and address on it, I have his card still. He lived down in the south-like Alabama or some place.......nice guy too!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #219 on: March 24, 2005, 02:29:31 PM »
619 he actually about 6'4" with shoes depending maybe he had on boots.  At the Arnold he told he was weighing 335.  The line of equipment is called Strive and is really good equipment.  i used it at the Gold's in Vegas on Sahara and Decatur.  I am ordering some for the gym.  Kaz told me I have to have it.  Who's to argue.  But it is really good stuff.

Okay, guys please don;t call me a pussy.  Here I go.  I gargle everyday and brush my teeth.  I have had one cavity in my whole life.  I have always tried this but just until a few days ago I am really trying harder.  Have you seen the Literine commercial where they tell you can hold it in your mouth for 30 seconds (or is this just a local commercial).  Cause no matter how hard I try I can;t get 30 seconds.  i started off only being able to hold for about 15 seconds.  At least now I am up to as high as 25 seconds.  Can anyone out there do this. Unreal

619Rules

« Reply #220 on: March 24, 2005, 03:08:02 PM »
619 he actually about 6'4" with shoes depending maybe he had on boots.  At the Arnold he told he was weighing 335.  The line of equipment is called Strive and is really good equipment.  i used it at the Gold's in Vegas on Sahara and Decatur.  I am ordering some for the gym.  Kaz told me I have to have it.  Who's to argue.  But it is really good stuff.

Okay, guys please don;t call me a p***y.  Here I go.  I gargle everyday and brush my teeth.  I have had one cavity in my whole life.  I have always tried this but just until a few days ago I am really trying harder.  Have you seen the Literine commercial where they tell you can hold it in your mouth for 30 seconds (or is this just a local commercial).  Cause no matter how hard I try I can;t get 30 seconds.  i started off only being able to hold for about 15 seconds.  At least now I am up to as high as 25 seconds.  Can anyone out there do this. Unreal

When your 5'7, 6'4 and 6'6 all seem the same-it is monster big......the guy is a tank...I just pulled out his business card. He was repping "Panatta Sport" , dont know what type of equipment they carry-it might have been strive-this was around 93-94. His address is listed as Auburn Alabama (AL is Alabama isn't it). Maybe I'll try the number and see if its still good...lol........

I know the mouthwash commercial-b/c they have 2 different ones-one with a guy and the other with a hot babe-but those bozo's stopped playing the commercial with the babe and are only doing the dude commercial-bozo's........

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: March 24, 2005, 03:34:57 PM »
Here`s a story I was reminded about because of the talk about wrestlers............... ...I had just started one of my zillionth comebacks to the gym after having some personal problems,must have been late 1980`s.......not too sure.

All the WWF wrestlers were in town at the Civic Center, and a lot of them stopped in to train at the gym I worked out at................Mr. America and Mr. Universe winners Jeff King,and Matt Dufresne trained there, along with Mr. World Richard Roy, and a host of other animals that competed on a regional,local,or national level in bodybuilding,powerlifting,and arm-wrestling.

Well I went in one night to train, and I saw "Black Jack" Mulligan who was huge,as well as Virgil who was billed as the bodyguard, for I beleive his name was Ted Dibiasi the "Million Dollar Man" or some shit like that !!  LOL

These guys were huge like Mulligan, but Virgil and a few of the others looked like kids standing next to King or Dufresne.........now for the highlite of the story........Ted Arcidi was also present, and the gym owner who was a pretty good powerlifter, knew him from some contests or something........anyway,I saw Arcidi doing skullcrushers with a curling bar and three 45 pound plates perside, plus a few smaller plates to boot..........incredibly strong, and did reps with this weight with ease.

After he got done training, he asked some young kid who was there, if he would go get him a milkshake and a hero sandwich...........he gave the kid a $100.00 bill and the kid went up the block to get Ted his food...........he came back with the food and Arcidi tells him to keep the change..........I couldn`t beleive it..........I woulda` went if I knew I could have made about 90 bucks doing it!!  LOL  :)

619Rules

« Reply #222 on: March 24, 2005, 05:26:23 PM »
I have to tell ya-some of those WWF wrestlers were real strong. I told the story here way back wherethe "Warlock", or some similar name popped in at Gold's Pacific Beach in the late 80's and he was as big as Jerry Rodgers, and Jerry was as big as Haney was at that time. Warlock went the bench and slammed 315 for 20 reps......OK, Warlock was 6'5 and weighed 280-but still-not bad.

Jeff King showed up in about 88 or 89 too, when he was vacationing, and he was so small I did not recognize him. Someone had to tell me it was him......would have liked to have seen the America he won-was that 83? He was awesome-especially the legs....way ahead of their time...

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 24, 2005, 05:59:18 PM »
619,Here`s a thread that`s on my board which features King and some of the other guys I mentioned.........I think you`ll like it......I have a lot to add to it but it`s not bad so far!!   ;D

http://timwescott.proboards18.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&num=1101403778#bottom

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #224 on: March 24, 2005, 07:01:25 PM »
Wes that was good about Arcidi.  he was the original monster bencher (besides Kaz).  He came to Hawaii numerous time to compete in the World Record Breakers Gus Retwisch promoted.   

Also, Wes you have a really nice website.  I took this pic cause it is so awesome from their.  If you are mad or I did somethign wrong tell me and I will take ot off.  It's just I saw it and I couldn't believe his neck. 

Wrestlers by the most part are all bigger iin person it seems like.  I did an appearance in Miami back inn 89 I think and met Big John Studd.  In fact we all went to dinner and he taught me how to eat lobster cause I neevr had it before.  Never wanted it but he made me eat it.  It was okay.  We became friends and our paths crossed again around 1990 or so when we were both up for a lead in some movie with Kim Basinger.  In fact the castng calls me and tells me it looks good for me so make some room to come in the next day.  Well she calls me the next morning to tell me that a guy named Big John Studd came in and the executives thought he was awesome so theu gave him the part.    Again in 1992 or so I brought him to Hawaii to help promote a show.  Even with his really bad knees he particiapted in the4 Walk-a-thon we did for MD.  He walked 5 miles.  I felt so bad for him.  he was in so much paid. I offered to pick him up so he didn't have to walk but he said no.  he later died not to much longer after that.  he wife called me to tell me.  He was just getting a line of supplements into the military.  All the wrestlers I have met have all been really nice even though they are the size of a house.

The other is the pic is Mike Kozlowski fromt he Miami Dolphins.  We were all on some local TV magazine show.  I can't remember, but Jhon grabbed the mike and wanted to play interviewer.  Look at the size of him.