Author Topic: This Boonstack is a real bodybuilding expert.  (Read 4825 times)

Tombo

• Getbig V
Re: This Boonstack is a real bodybuilding expert.
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2009, 06:19:10 AM »
i have no idea to be honest.

i am not big into researching training nutrition etc nor do i know much.

i just like going to the gym lifting weights and eating lots.

I try not to get too involved in it as at the end of a day its just a hobby for me

DEVON EGGS AND BREAD RAWR

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: the BOONSTACK Q/A
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2009, 06:30:55 AM »
the only thing i said is this, and i only made it for naturals, not juice junkies.

1- supplements are junk
2- anything about .8-1g protein lb bw is a waste and pointless
3- eats plenty of complex carbs, avoid simple.
4- weight train and do cardio.

what is so complicated about that?

#2 is what most people are so confused about. You cant force your body to use more protein than it can.

Once again, we have the “natural” excuse for not increasing your protein intake.

Again, I can tell you first hand, to get my bodyweight over 200 lbs, it took jacking my protein levels to about 320-350 grams per day. I did this back in college, when the only thing I could afford, outside of regular food, was Mega Mass 2000 and GNC’s Challenge Milk and Egg protein powder.

That semester was spring 1996. I started at 189 lb and ended up at 210 in about 31/2 months.

5000 calories isn't that hard to consume, as you can get nearly half of that from a decent weight gainer, as I did years ago. And, the gainers today are of better quality than those from the early/mid 90s (which pretty much refutes your "supplements are junk" spiel"). Ectomorphs with fast metabolisms will likely have to drink half their calories, to get their bodyweight up.

So, the whole steroid excuse for not eating higher protein levels holds no water.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2009, 09:43:17 AM »
i had a similar aproach in all thru my lifting years, ive always eat a little more than i should.. for one i actualy enjoyed eating large amounts, ive ate over 5000cals a day for a yr at my biggest, and there was still room for more if im honest... i cant work out why youd lift weights and limit your self by not giving your body the building blocks it needs...

its like using the same weights that youve used since your 1st day at the gym or never going over 250mg of gear per week, just doesnt make sence.. that is if your not wanting to get bigger or get any size at all.

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »
Eating 3 more chicken breasts over the long haul will make a major difference most probably, certainly not in a week but try 3 months and you will inevitably see a difference