Author Topic: This Boonstack is a real bodybuilding expert.  (Read 4821 times)

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This Boonstack is a real bodybuilding expert.
« on: February 10, 2009, 05:18:50 AM »
Everybody toss out your steak and eggs and replace it with pop tarts. 

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
Re: This Boonstack is a real bodybuilding expert.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:19:05 AM »
 ??? ::)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 05:21:36 AM »
no, if you read any of my posts, i said dont eat junk processed food. I said eat tons of CLEAN COMPLEX CARBS.

And you definitely need tons of protein, but no more than .8-1g per lb bw.

The sad thing is, the only way you know about protein is from what you read in a muscle mag, not from Ph.D's or a library like me.

And if in fact you know so much, why dont you go into some scientific details about how protein, carbs, fat is utilized in the body?

this involves science tho.... so you probably wanna stay out of it.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 05:21:58 AM »
this thread is bannanas! :o
w

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 05:23:42 AM »
no, if you read any of my posts, i said dont eat junk processed food. I said eat tons of CLEAN COMPLEX CARBS.

And you definitely need tons of protein, but no more than .8-1g per lb bw.

And if in fact you know so much, why dont you go into some scientific details about how protein, carbs, fat is utilized in the body?

this involves science tho.... so you probably wanna stay out of it.

The only science in your threads is the word science itself.  All you do is say how inconvienent it is to eat so much protein.   There's more legit science to prove the value of proteins and fats in your diet than carbohydrates.   Weston A Price owns you.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 05:25:15 AM »
Maybe coonsack doesn't need to eat that much protein because he gets his from other sources...

spinnis

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:25:51 AM »
Maby we have a new Palumbo on our hands?

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 05:26:34 AM »
so, your telling me that by consuming more protein - im gonna "show my body" i mean business and force it go grow huh?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 05:27:36 AM »
so, your telling me that by consuming more protein - im gonna "show my body" i mean business and force it go grow huh?

Are you telling me the same about carbohydrates numbnuts?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 05:31:23 AM »

That's something that you can find out only by trying it out for yourself and even if it does or does not work for you, it doesn't mean that it will or will not work for the next person. Are you telling me that a guy who weighs 280 lb at 12% body fat can get away with eating 150 gm of protein a day? It's not a simple / black and white issue of xx grams of protein per day being all there is to it when it comes to muscle building.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but do know that you sound silly when you say one only needs to eat 150 gm protein / day - what is sufficient for you won't be for someone like Marcus Ruhl or Ronnie Coleman at their prime.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 05:31:35 AM »
Are you telling me the same about carbohydrates numbnuts?

simple and complex does not apply to you does it? You eat what you want, when you want!

If i have 3 donuts and a can of coke vs. sweet potato's, oatmeal, or whole grain bread - my body will respond differently.

Eating donuts and coke makes u fat.. oatmeal or sweet potato's dont.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 05:33:29 AM »
simple and complex does not apply to you does it? You eat what you want, when you want!

If i have 3 donuts and a can of coke vs. sweet potato's, oatmeal, or whole grain bread - my body will respond differently.

what happens if u eat 29 13 oz sweet potatos a day?
w

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 05:36:53 AM »
Not really.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 05:39:52 AM »
That's something that you can find out only by trying it out for yourself and even if it does or does not work for you, it doesn't mean that it will or will not work for the next person. Are you telling me that a guy who weighs 280 lb at 12% body fat can get away with eating 150 gm of protein a day? It's not a simple / black and white issue of xx grams of protein per day being all there is to it when it comes to muscle building.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but do know that you sound silly when you say one only needs to eat 150 gm protein / day - what is sufficient for you won't be for someone like Marcus Ruhl or Ronnie Coleman at their prime.

no kiwiol, the whole time i have been so strongly saying that protein is definitely required. And i have emphasized naturals, and said repeatedly if you are on gear, especially high amounts- then do what you do.Somebody sitting at 280 12% bodyfat, the protein intake is the least of their concerns.

I said at least .8-1 gram lb bodyweight.

If a guy weighs 230 lbs, 15% bodyfat- you are saying he wont get just as good results from eating 170 grams at least? If he eats 230, fine thats good. But, a reasonable person would say "chances are, if he is eating 4 or 5 meals containing either fish, steak, eggs, chicken in each- then an additional two meals probably aint gonna make it or break it"

But, average guys that workout, have a decent base, and not on gear - if they are 220 and eating 280 grams a day, that is just a waste of time and money. You cant rationally expect me to believe that. Do you realize how that sounds?

Seriously - a 250 lber consuming only 200g's a day- are u saying that is not enough to support optimal muscle growth?

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 05:40:37 AM »
what happens if u eat 29 13 oz sweet potatos a day?

nobody does that, so it does not make any sense.

plenty of people eat 29 pieces of candy though. hope this helps

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2009, 05:44:18 AM »
no kiwiol, the whole time i have been so strongly saying that protein is definitely required. And i have emphasized naturals, and said repeatedly if you are on gear, especially high amounts- then do what you do.Somebody sitting at 280 12% bodyfat, the protein intake is the least of their concerns.

If a guy weighs 230 lbs, 15% bodyfat- you are saying he wont get just as good results from eating 170 grams at least? If he eats 230, fine thats good. But, a reasonable person would say "chances are, if he is eating 4 or 5 meals containing either fish, steak, eggs, chicken in each- then an additional two meals probably aint gonna make it or break it"
But, average guys that workout, have a decent base, and not on gear - if they are 220 and eating 280 grams a day, that is just a waste of time and money. You cant rationally expect me to believe that. Do you realize how that sounds?

Seriously - a 250 lber consuming only 200g's a day- are u saying that is not enough to support optimal muscle growth?

The name of the game is body "building" - you need to consume more than your body needs in order to facillitate muscle growth. I weigh 230lbs and I know for a fact that if I consumed only 170 grams of protein a day I would experience serious muscle loss and fat gain (assuming my carbs and fats stayed the same as now).

The rule is, if you weigh 230lbs and want to be 250lbs, then you've got to eat like a 250lb guy before you even get there. That is how you will get there. I'm eating 5,000 calories a day at the moment and only just gaining weight on that.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 05:48:03 AM »

Just curious...but what do you base your opinions on?

Q2- Have you ever competed in a BB show before?

Q3- What is your height and size (or do you have pics you've posted)?

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 05:53:14 AM »
The name of the game is body "building" - you need to consume more than your body needs in order to facillitate muscle growth. I weigh 230lbs and I know for a fact that if I consumed only 170 grams of protein a day I would experience serious muscle loss and fat gain (assuming my carbs and fats stayed the same as now).

The rule is, if you weigh 230lbs and want to be 250lbs, then you've got to eat like a 250lb guy before you even get there. That is how you will get there. I'm eating 5,000 calories a day at the moment and only just gaining weight on that.

Exactly! I was around 220 lb when this pic was taken and I was consuming around 350 gm / day. I've tried going down to under 200 gm and the differences in strength and recovery was HUGE. And I'm not one to shy away from eating carbs - I eat tons of sugar and complex carbs everyday. Again, not everyone may need as much as I was taking, but everyone I have trained personally, who focused on building up their strength and muscularity got the best results when taking upwards of 200 - 250 gm of protein, depending on their body weight.

Boon, I am lifetime natural and so were the guys I trained. I realise there is an upper limit above which you will get diminishing returns and that is probably past the 2.5 gm / lb of bodyweight mark. But someone who trains hard and heavy will always get better results from 1.5 - 2 gm / lb than from 0.8 - 1 gm / lb

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 05:53:37 AM »

gee, first time hearing that one  ::)

this is where the problem is. You go by what you read. Yet you dont do any further research into it. So basically your philosophy is this:

Well, "they say" you need to eat more to grow.

5000 calories huh? What are you eating? junk food?

and how much weight have u put on? If you put on 20 lbs or something, then i guarantee about 18 lbs of that is water/fat.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 05:55:36 AM »
Exactly! I was around 220 lb when this pic was taken and I was consuming around 350 gm / day. I've tried going down to under 200 gm and the differences in strength and recovery was HUGE. And I'm not one to shy away from eating carbs - I eat tons of sugar and complex carbs everyday. Again, not everyone may need as much as I was taking, but everyone I have trained personally, who focused on building up their strength and muscularity got the best results when taking upwards of 200 - 250 gm of protein, depending on their body weight.

Boon, I am lifetime natural and so were the guys I trained. I realise there is an upper limit above which you will get diminishing returns and that is probably past the 2.5 gm / lb of bodyweight mark. But someone who trains hard and heavy will always get better results from 1.5 - 2 gm / lb than from 0.8 - 1 gm / lb

dude there are SO MANY FACTORS INVOLVED!

How do we know it was from the additional protein? How do we know its not from the amount of gear you were on?  Or extra carbs or fats?

What about how well you responded to the gear?

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 05:58:23 AM »
your the biggest natural ive ever seen 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 05:58:37 AM »

How do we know it was from the additional protein? How do we know its not from the amount of gear you were on?  Or extra carbs or fats?

Did you even read his post?  He's a lifetime natural.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 05:59:15 AM »

Ha ha never touched any gear man, I swear on my own eyes. I'm around 220 lb at probably 18% body fat, so if I dieted down, I wouldn't be more than 170 - 175 lb tops. And I'm not interested in competing, which is why I don't and won't juice.

spinnis

the BOONSTACK Q/A
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2009, 06:00:33 AM »
Claims to know more the Palumbo about everything.

So I thought we should have a thread where he could share his knowledge  ;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
Re: the BOONSTACK Q/A
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2009, 06:01:53 AM »
First question:  What is his height and weight?