Author Topic: Hello Chic, why did you never go to NABBA?  (Read 12287 times)

Croatian

• Getbig II
Re: Hello Chic, why did you never go to NABBA?
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2009, 07:09:26 PM »
People compete in NABBA for the simple reason that they're born and live where there are NABBA shows....name me one guy that CHOSES to compete in NABBA over the IFBB...

True, U should see NABBA Universe & World's  champions list from 1947 - 2008 (Oliva,Nubret,Pearl,Kawak,Zane,Arnold,Pearson,etc.........)!.
4 example Due Torri is the bigest pro contest in ol' Europe open to NABBA,IFBB,NAC or WABA champions.

O, by the way Sandow was originally NABBA/Health & Strenght  Mr.Universe  trophy.

asianmyth

• Getbig II
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2009, 11:28:09 PM »
People compete in NABBA for the simple reason that they're born and live where there are NABBA shows....name me one guy that CHOSES to compete in NABBA over the IFBB...

Either u don't understand my point or u don't want to discuss it.of course no one wants to leave IFBB because money and fame involved with IFBB pro division.what i am trying to say that insulting,unfair and controlling behaviour of IFBB(Armature)pushing bodybuilders towards other fedrations.
your argument is not justified because IFBB exist all over the world and if an armature bodybuilder chose to compete in NABBA over IFBB it just because he feels that he will be treated respectfully and fairly in NABBA.
IFBB supporting same old thugs in most of countries from so many years who are most hated and unpopular among bodybuilding community of that country.prime example of this situation would be Paul Graham(Australia) and Paul chua.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #102 on: April 12, 2009, 05:48:25 AM »
Either u don't understand my point or u don't want to discuss it.of course no one wants to leave IFBB because money and fame involved with IFBB pro division.what i am trying to say that insulting,unfair and controlling behaviour of IFBB(Armature)pushing bodybuilders towards other fedrations.
your argument is not justified because IFBB exist all over the world and if an armature bodybuilder chose to compete in NABBA over IFBB it just because he feels that he will be treated respectfully and fairly in NABBA.
IFBB supporting same old thugs in most of countries from so many years who are most hated and unpopular among bodybuilding community of that country.prime example of this situation would be Paul Graham(Australia) and Paul chua.

Looks like were talking about two different things....pro's and amateurs.  The question was posted originally of why I didn't compete in NABBA, my answer still stands as to why (at least in USA) I didn't or anyone else for that matter.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #103 on: April 12, 2009, 08:08:55 AM »
At the 2008 IFBB World, all 9 winners were from islamic countries ?.SUCKS !.

For most of them, that's the highlight of their careers. They treat the Universe like the Olympia, because that's as good as it gets.

Remember that several IFBB pros (many of them Muslims) surrendered their IFBB pro cards to compete at the Universe, because the fame and glory (and $$$$$) they would get from their home countries, if they win, is far greater than what they'd get if they were mediocre to not-so-good pros.

The most noted case was that guy from the mid-90s, Hamdullah Ayktullu (sp?), the dude known for the riduculously shredded glutes, who gain some press after competing in the '96 Night of Champions.

In 1998, he surrendered his pro card and went to the Universe, where he won the light-heavweight and overall title, defeating his closest competition, heavyweight champ Mustafa Mohammad.

By rule, Ayktullu can never turn pro again. But, the fame and glory from his homeland that he got as Mr. Universe profitted him much more than his tenure as an IFBB pro.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2009, 08:37:50 AM »
For most of them, that's the highlight of their careers. They treat the Universe like the Olympia, because that's as good as it gets.

Remember that several IFBB pros (many of them Muslims) surrendered their IFBB pro cards to compete at the Universe, because the fame and glory (and $$$$$) they would get from their home countries, if they win, is far greater than what they'd get if they were mediocre to not-so-good pros.

The most noted case was that guy from the mid-90s, Hamdullah Ayktullu (sp?), the dude known for the riduculously shredded glutes, who gain some press after competing in the '96 Night of Champions.

In 1998, he surrendered his pro card and went to the Universe, where he won the light-heavweight and overall title, defeating his closest competition, heavyweight champ Mustafa Mohammad.

By rule, Ayktullu can never turn pro again. But, the fame and glory from his homeland that he got as Mr. Universe profitted him much more than his tenure as an IFBB pro.
THAT TURK WAS SKINNED...

bigmike99

• Getbig II
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2009, 08:59:22 AM »
Interesting that Chick has had what he considers to be a smart ass answer for all of my posts except the above one.  I guess he just ignores the ones that trouble him.
Kinda like changing your avatar from a big drugged up bodybuilder to ABB when called out.