Author Topic: The Stimulus Package  (Read 17605 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: The Stimulus Package
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2009, 03:50:09 PM »
LOL what has obama done to show you he is any different then the next politician out there?

Well, seeing as how he's got some oversight into where the money goes in this bill... I'd say it's different then the bill that was just passed by virtually everyone in congress last October.

You don't see that as different?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
I don't expect any politician to turn down $$$.....ever

thats right and this bill was created in a way that a number was set and the number was filled instead of trying to find credible efficient ways of creating jobs and boosting the economy they filled it with alot of random shit im not saying its all shit but a good portion of it could certainly be cut out.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
Well, seeing as how he's got some oversight into where the money goes in this bill... I'd say it's different then the bill that was just passed by virtually everyone in congress last October.

You don't see that as different?
obama voted for that bill my friend as a matter of fact he helped draft and push it through, so i ask you again what makes you think that OBAMA is any different then any other politician?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2009, 04:02:04 PM »

I though Obama was supposed to be this brilliant man.  He is not.  He is a ZERO
Please show me any post where you suggested you thought Obama was a brilliant man.
As empty as paradise

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2009, 04:04:25 PM »
obama voted for that bill my friend as a matter of fact he helped draft and push it through, so i ask you again what makes you think that OBAMA is any different then any other politician?

Where did he draft that bill?

The guy was on the campaign trail... Where was he involved in the draft?

You mean that he was not only campaigning and winning an election, but he was also STILL actively drafting legislation?

Wow... He really is the man then I guess... He never rests.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2009, 04:22:05 PM »
Where did he draft that bill?

The guy was on the campaign trail... Where was he involved in the draft?

You mean that he was not only campaigning and winning an election, but he was also STILL actively drafting legislation?

Wow... He really is the man then I guess... He never rests.
he was brought to washington along with mccain to help give insight into what they would like seeing as one of them would be the next potus do you not remember that?

At any rate he was all for the bill so it kinda shoots your opinion right there he was all for the automakers bailout as well...

So Ill ask you again what exactly has obama done to make you believe he is any different then the next politician?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »
he was brought to washington along with mccain to help give insight into what they would like seeing as one of them would be the next potus do you not remember that?

At any rate he was all for the bill so it kinda shoots your opinion right there he was all for the automakers bailout as well...

So Ill ask you again what exactly has obama done to make you believe he is any different then the next politician?

Oversight one HIS bill.

He didn't have anything more to do with that bill than McCain or anyone else... You know this.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2009, 04:35:37 PM »
Oversight one HIS bill.

He didn't have anything more to do with that bill than McCain or anyone else... You know this.

I didnt see anybody else having a sit down meeting with the president, i didnt see anybody else given press confreneces to push the bill, im sure there where some and obamas just got pushed b/c of his position however he was all for that bill with its lack of oversight and the automakers bail out with its flaws so at best he is inconsistent.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2009, 04:38:52 PM »
there isnt anymore oversight in this bill then some other bills in the past, the amount of oversight will be seen when the money is sent to the states and industries then we will see where the money goes or perhaps we wont see.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2011, 12:47:14 PM »
I support Obama's actions

I don't need to justfiy them

BUMP. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2011, 01:15:35 PM »
The CBO now says the the Stimulus will have a net negative effect on US GDP over the course of this decade.

#WINNING

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
my best posts on this site were right after Obama was elected.   I still am proven right.   Stim bill was a disaster. 

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2011, 11:32:43 AM »
Since no Repubs in the House voted for it shouldn't they really refuse to accept any of the $$$?

I mean it's not going to create any jobs anyway  ::) so it really won't make any difference if they don't take the $$$.

Come on Repubs - That would be walkng your talk

this is stupid.  how about every democratic politician refuse to take income tax deductions on their personal tax return and pay ordinary tax rates on their capital gains?  come on dems.  that would be walking your talk.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 23, 2011, 06:19:55 PM »
Budget Office: Obama's Stimulus Failed on Jobs (CBO: Obama stimulus fails)
Newsmax ^ | 11/23/2011 | Paul Scicchitano
Posted on November 23, 2011 7:41:50 PM EST by Signalman

In a blow to the Obama administration, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has concluded that the president’s economic stimulus plan created fewer jobs than expected and “crowds out” private investment.

A new report the CBO released on Tuesday finds that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act may have boosted the economy in the short run by sustaining some 700,000 jobs at its peak in 2010 but “will reduce output slightly in the long run — by between 0 and 0.2 percent after 2016.”

The report estimates that the total number of jobs the plan produced was far fewer than the 3.5 million the Obama administration predicted during the peak of spending.

The CBO estimates that the stimulus is responsible for sustaining between 600,000 to 1.8 million jobs during this quarter, which lowered the nation’s unemployment rate by as much as 1 percent.

In July, the conservative Weekly Standard estimated that Obama’s stimulus package had cost taxpayers $278,000 for every job it created.

There was no immediate comment from the White House on the CBO report, but officials haveinsisted in the past that the economy would have fallen into a depression without the jobs act..

In September, White House press secretary Jay Carney called it “uncontestable” that the infrastructure projects the act created “were very well managed, came in on budget or under budget and led to the creation of many, many jobs” that would not have been created otherwise.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2011, 11:16:28 AM »
Budget Office: Obama's Stimulus Failed on Jobs (CBO: Obama stimulus fails)
Newsmax ^ | 11/23/2011 | Paul Scicchitano
Posted on November 23, 2011 7:41:50 PM EST by Signalman

In a blow to the Obama administration, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has concluded that the president’s economic stimulus plan created fewer jobs than expected and “crowds out” private investment.

A new report the CBO released on Tuesday finds that the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act may have boosted the economy in the short run by sustaining some 700,000 jobs at its peak in 2010 but “will reduce output slightly in the long run — by between 0 and 0.2 percent after 2016.”

The report estimates that the total number of jobs the plan produced was far fewer than the 3.5 million the Obama administration predicted during the peak of spending.

The CBO estimates that the stimulus is responsible for sustaining between 600,000 to 1.8 million jobs during this quarter, which lowered the nation’s unemployment rate by as much as 1 percent.

In July, the conservative Weekly Standard estimated that Obama’s stimulus package had cost taxpayers $278,000 for every job it created.

There was no immediate comment from the White House on the CBO report, but officials haveinsisted in the past that the economy would have fallen into a depression without the jobs act..

In September, White House press secretary Jay Carney called it “uncontestable” that the infrastructure projects the act created “were very well managed, came in on budget or under budget and led to the creation of many, many jobs” that would not have been created otherwise.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

what does he care?  all of his buddies got paid.  i love how libs try to believe that government is incapable of corruption

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2011, 03:48:39 AM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

The CBO Quietly Downgrades Obama's $825 Bil Stimulus
Investors.com ^ | 11.23.2011 | ??
Posted on November 29, 2011 6:51:25 AM EST by blueyon

Recovery: After nearly all the stimulus money has been spent, the Congressional Budget Office now admits it cost more than advertised, did less to boost growth and will hurt the economy in the long run.

In its latest quarterly report on the economic effects of the Obama stimulus, the CBO sharply lowered its "worst case" scenario while trimming many of its upper-bound estimates for stimulus-fueled growth and employment.

The new report finds, for example, that the stimulus may have added as little as 0.7% to GDP growth in 2010 — when spending was at its peak — and created as few as 700,000 new jobs.

Both are down significantly from the CBO's previous worst-case scenario.

The report also lowered the best-case estimate for added growth in 2010 to 4.1% from 4.2%.

In addition, the CBO says the extra infrastructure money didn't boost growth as much as it previously claimed, because states reacted by spending less out of their own budgets on highways.

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2011, 05:59:36 AM »
what does he care?  all of his buddies got paid.  i love how libs try to believe that government is incapable of corruption

Corruption, greed and money is universal they dont care what "side" you are on