Author Topic: The Christian Response to Homosexuality  (Read 11067 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The Christian Response to Homosexuality
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2009, 12:53:33 PM »

I'm not arguing that you shouldn't belive it's sin.

I'm arguing that your belief are irrelevent in secular society. 

And, as I mentioned elsewhere, there are at least six commandments of the Decalogue that are as relevant today as they were millennia ago. Or are you just ducky with stealing, lying, your wife cheating on you, severe greed, first-degree murder, and disobedient heathen children?

We allow you to exist and express your belief just like we allow all other religions to express their beliefs.

We, as a society, are perfectly within our rights to point out the hypocrisy and you are free to try to justify it.

We exist and express our beliefs whether you "allow" us to do so or not.

And, last time I checked this society belongs to us as well. As for pointing hypocrisy and justifying it, that works both ways.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2009, 01:02:09 PM »
And, as I mentioned elsewhere, there are at least six commandments of the Decalogue that are as relevant today as they were millennia ago. Or are you just ducky with stealing, lying, your wife cheating on you, severe greed, first-degree murder, and disobedient heathen children?

my point is that there is a huge list of other sins that are clearly a choice and I don't see many threads about them.   Why would you draw the conclusion I'm OK with first degree murder?  On the scale of sins which one do you think is worse...murder or homosexuality?

We exist and express our beliefs whether you "allow" us to do so or not.

And, last time I checked this society belongs to us as well. As for pointing hypocrisy and justifying it, that works both ways.

In case you've forgotton our country allows freedom of religion

It's a secular and non-religious government that allows you to express your faith freely

Try being an "out of the closet" Christian in Iraq or Afghanistan and let me know how that works out for you

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2009, 02:01:30 PM »
my point is that there is a huge list of other sins that are clearly a choice and I don't see many threads about them.   Why would you draw the conclusion I'm OK with first degree murder?  On the scale of sins which one do you think is worse...murder or homosexuality?

I don't draw that conclusion. The point was that this issue is covered in one of those pesky commandments you claim is irrelevant.

I personally think that murder is worse. But, that's just me. I'm not the Almighty.

In case you've forgotton our country allows freedom of religion

It's a secular and non-religious government that allows you to express your faith freely

Try being an "out of the closet" Christian in Iraq or Afghanistan and let me know how that works out for you

Our government isn't non-religious. It has Judeo-Christian roots. However, there are safeguards to ensure that practice of faith is voluntary, not of government mandate.

Even with those roots, our government STILL allows you to express your views on homosexuality that opposes that of the Christian faith.

Try being an "out of the closet" supporters of "gay rights"/homosexuality in Iraq or Afghanistan and see how that works out for YOU.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2009, 03:35:20 PM »
I don't draw that conclusion. The point was that this issue is covered in one of those pesky commandments you claim is irrelevant. I personally think that murder is worse. But, that's just me. I'm not the Almighty.

I'm aware of that which I why I made the point on the  prior page.  I guess God must think making graven images and not honoring your parents is a bigger problem than homosexuality too.   

Our government isn't non-religious. It has Judeo-Christian roots. However, there are safeguards to ensure that practice of faith is voluntary, not of government mandate.

Even with those roots, our government STILL allows you to express your views on homosexuality that opposes that of the Christian faith.

Try being an "out of the closet" supporters of "gay rights"/homosexuality in Iraq or Afghanistan and see how that works out for YOU.

well this is something we'll never agree on.  Christians think this country was founded on Judeo-Christian roots but the founders were mostly Diest and some were likely atheist.  This country was in no way founded on Christian principles and this thread will go to infinity arguing that point with me knowing I'm right and showing proof that you will ignore and you doing the same.  Your proof will be much weaker and specious but still you'll cling to it while ignoring obvious examples that completely destroy your premise.  I'd rather spend my life doing something else

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2009, 04:37:19 PM »
The coach was just caught looking at "sticky studs" on the gay board