Author Topic: MD operations come to a halt because of Romano  (Read 5873 times)

Keeping It Real

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
MD operations come to a halt because of Romano
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:38:18 PM »
Romano speaks

As I look around this teeny-tiny microcosm of pop culture we occupy, I marvel at the battle lines that have been drawn in the 10 days since Dave and were fired from MD.  It's inconceivable to me that Blechman thought he was just going to shit-can us and go on like nothing happened. Yet, knowing him as I do these last 18 years, I know he never expected the shit storm he's got on his hands now, and the lows to which he would have to stoop to try to "get us".

I know Blechman like the back of my hand, and I'm pretty confident in saying his entire operation over there has come to a grinding halt because Dave and I had the audacity to go into business for ourselves after he fired us.  I know he's holed up in his office, surrounded by "yes men", and he's "strategizing" on how to get us, and every one of them is agreeing with his ludicrous plans.  So far, every strategy he's put into play -- the "Carb Wars" smear campaign against Dave's diet. ..  forcing me to publicly disclose my affiliation with Species. . .  firing us. . . his pathetic statement as to why he fired us. . .  his even more pathetic attempt to have Shawn Ray stir up controversy by fraudulently starting a Kevin Levrone Q &A thread in the RxM forums. . . and his staff's blatant denials of the facts contained in my response (to Blechman's statement), has blown up in his face and backfired with Dave and me emerging all the better for it.

The blatant denials of fact are what are really impressive.  They have accused me of lying in my response to Blechman's statement, yet in the letter Dave and I received from their liability attorney, yesterday, none of that was mentioned. Instead, we were accused - wrongly - of "stealing" proprietary information from their website, namely their member database.  Apparently, they are in such a state of denial over there that the only explanation they can muster for our incredibly rapid population growth is that we stole their member list!  Last I checked, we're living in America. In so far as we do, the tenets of Napoleonic law don't apply.  If you're going to accuse someone of a crime, you better have proof.  Yet, with no proof whatsoever, their lawyer is telling us to destroy a list that we don't even have!

To further evince the weakness of their hand, their lawyer also demanded that we cease and desist in using certain photos (they sent a list) appearing on this web site, Dave Palumbo's website and the Species website.  In every instance, the photos were either photos we had permission to use, photos to which MD had no rights, or photos they contend are from a certain photographer (when in fact they are from another). Bottom line is they are all lawfully being used.

Thus far, if anything we said, publicly, was not true, their attorney would have made some sort of stink.  So far, he has not.  The only demands that were made were completely off-base.  I wonder how much the lawyer charged Blechman to write that letter. Whatever it was, it was a total waste.  It's just another blown-up attempt!

The true nature of our threat to him is evinced in these tactics.  If MD was as big and bad as they say they are, Blechman should just be thumbing his nose at us and moving on.  Why is he mired in his tribunal of warlords - Shawn Ray, Robbie Durand, and his personal secretary - strategizing the sequence of our demise?   A supposed giant the size of MD should simply walk right over us.  I guess that's proving hard to do with the majority of their active forum members missing.  Their "performance" has no audience applauding for them.

Dave and I, on the other hand, are making and implementing plans to bring this site to higher and higher heights.  We have more radio shows in the works, more content on the way, and are welcoming more and more members every minute that passes.  We could really care less what Blechman and the MD crew are plotting over there.  In fact, it's seems like a sure thing that, whatever they do, it'll bode well for us and push them further from public favor.  As far as Dave and I are concerned, our direction is onward and upward.  While they spend their time, energy, and resources trying to be the rain, we'll go right on being the parade.

body88

Re: MD operations come to a halt because of Romano
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »
Aside from the fact that they just hired Yates to write for them and do live chats on their board.  Romano and the big ugly must have shit their pants when they heard that one.  I have never beenon the md site, nor do I find that kind of stuff cool, but this ramano guy is a clown.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 06:51:02 PM »
I wondered who would resort to lawyers first. 

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 07:10:27 PM »
I have an idea:  don't spend your money on useless supplements or supplement catalogs. 

body88

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 07:11:57 PM »
I have an idea:  don't spend your money on useless supplements or supplement catalogs. 

Then you won't have magazines, bb contracts or contests because advertising dollars pay for all that shit.  Companies and their advertising dollars keep your "sport" alive.  You should be hoping that some companies with major dollars would get involved to grow the sport....but in reality thy wont because pro bb is a creepshow.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 07:16:31 PM »
I think Dave and John need to chill out and move on now.  They are starting to look sad.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:20:37 PM »
Then you won't have magazines, bb contracts or contests because advertising dollars pay for all that shit.

I have over 3000 vintage bodybuilding magazines, but haven't bought a US mag in about 15 years.  But when I travel outside the US, I always pick up a few mags.  They're actually enjoyable to read.   How come mags outside the US are able to be profitable at under 200 pages with less than 30% ads?

Repeal DSHEA

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »
I think Dave and John need to chill out and move on now.  They are starting to look sad.

"Starting to"?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 07:23:52 PM »
  "Starting to"?

They are giving of that vibe when the girl cheats and the guy just can't let go. :-X :-X

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 07:24:25 PM »
john don't kill yourself. you still got "fake hgh" dave. Think about him. :(
A

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 07:25:46 PM »
john don't kill yourself. you still got "fake roids" dave. Think about him. :(

it was fake GH

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 07:28:47 PM »
A

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 07:42:21 PM »

They're right though. If you look at the MD forums, everyone is pissed. Thank god they've got those Kai vids up, and actually have something positive going on now.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 07:43:16 PM »
They're right though. If you look at the MD forums, everyone is pissed. Thank god they've got those Kai vids up, and actually have something positive going on now.
go back to MD newbie.
A

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »
go back to MD newbie.

I got banned for calling Blechman a schmoe.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 07:49:44 PM »
I got banned for calling Blechman a schmoe.
OK welcome aboard!!  :)
A

Armstrong

• Getbig III
  • Victor got screwed.
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »
Always drama at MD.  maybe this whole drama is a hoax  ;)
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 01:43:32 AM »
Hopefully Dave Palumbo and John Romano will come out on top in this mess, actually, I have no doubt they will

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 06:20:38 AM »
I think stupid John is counting his prayers that Dave got fired along with him.  If it were just John getting fired, 99% of the attention given to this stupid love-fest would not exist.

Romano = total loser

Stavios

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2009, 08:14:14 AM »
I think stupid John is counting his prayers that Dave got fired along with him.  If it were just John getting fired, 99% of the attention given to this stupid love-fest would not exist.

Romano = total loser

Lol that is SO true

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2009, 08:23:28 AM »
I know Blechman like the back of my hand, and I'm pretty confident in saying his entire operation over there has come to a grinding halt because Dave and I had the audacity to go into business for ourselves after he fired us.

I think suffice to say is that Blechman and MD will do fine, as the main focus is the magazine, which has a lot of ads. But all magazines are suffering, as well as major daily newspapers.  That is not to say, that many people like to pick up a magazine, not only for the articles and stories, but for the misc advertisements, to see what is going on.

I myself have close to 3,000 magazines (at least 2,500 at the office), and I go back a few years, seeing what was out there at the time.  It is entertaining.

Yes, Romano and Palumbo are off to their new venture.  MD will be MD.

So enough of the bickering.

The Arnold Classic is coming up! Now those are the stories I want to hear!

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Romano, Blechman is in your head!!!
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 07:08:50 PM »
John, it is time to move on!  It is time to now make a go of your new-so-called business! 

Stop attacking Blechman!  You are only making yourself look sad, jealous and pitiful!

Bottom line, Blechman is still riding high.  He is a success.  You on the other hand, have to start all over again. 

And yes i agree, your last 18 years with Blechman have been all for nothing. 

You never really embraced the opportunities provided by Blechman; to secure a base the way Palumbo did! 

John, get over it! Let it go!  Your diatribes just reek of sadness and have 'loser' written all over them!

John, you have made little to no impact on this so-called sport in almost two decades now! 

In actuality, this is a rebirth; your time to shine, so embrace it! 

Cleanse yourself of the Blechman! It is time to stand independently now. It is time to carve out your 'own' niche in this so-called industry!

Yes John we all well aware that you have 'bent over' for this man... Now is the time to mop-up and grow up! And please try to look for a new and original angle for this so-called website you have now.  It is just so bland and predictable!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
Re: Romano, Blechman is in your head!!!
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 07:15:57 PM »
John, it is time to move on!  It is time to now make a go of your new-so-called business!  Stop attacking Blechman!  You are only making yourself look sad, jealous and pitiful!

Bottom line, Blechman is still riding high.  He is a success.  You on the other hand, have to start all over again. 

And yes i agree, your last 18 years with Blechman have been all for nothing.  You never really embraced that opportunity to secure a base the way Palumbo has!  Now that is something you have to deal with. 'Point the finger' and it just gets pointed back at you!

John, get over it! Let it go!  In context, it is meaningless. Your diatribes just reek of sadness and have 'loser' written all over them!

John, ou have made little to no impact on the sport in almost two decades now.  In actuality, this is your rebirth, your time to shine! Embrace it! 

Cleanse yourself of the Blechman it is time to stand independently now and carve out your 'own' niche in this so-called industry!

Yes John we all well aware that you have 'bent over' for this man... Now is the time to mop-up and grow up!

You never cease to amaze, hanky...

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 07:22:20 PM »
John, you make a point of reminding anyone who will listen, that you are intelligent and insightful. 

If that is the case, then why is this new website of yours just a direct ripoff of the MD site?

No, not hating John, just curious!

I just find your behaviour confusing!?!  On one hand, you character assassinate your former boss, and on the other, take all of his ideas and claim them as your own!

A little hint John.....if you  want to make this business a success then stop stealing someone else's business plan. 

Think laterally John.  Use your incredible creative talent!

Good luck!

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 07:38:31 PM »
Classic Hank, always been one of the most original guys on here.