Author Topic: tax Marijuana to save the economy?  (Read 13941 times)

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
Re: tax Marijuana to save the economy?
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 06:09:27 PM »
exactly, they have to have a reason to search, legally you can deny a search, it all depends on the officer i think.  its just like drinking and driving and smoking, it should be enforced the same cause your mind is chemically altered.
muscle

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 06:10:25 PM »
why in the hell do you think they would not be able to establish a blood level limit?  If the driver can't pass the roadside test, busting him for DUI is not going to be a problem.

I never said they couldnt or that it wasnt possible did i? Also dragging everysingle person in for a blood test that is suspected of being to high to drive is silly, you need a court order to get a blood test also your looking at what about 30 bucks a drug test.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2009, 06:11:26 PM »
More capable of with alcohol - BUT - less capable than when completely sober.

I'm sure you could snort coke and be a better driver than someone with alcohol in them.  Should we legalize coke for drivers too?

It 100% willl lead to more traffic fatalities.  On roads where you and I drive every day.  If I got paralyzed by some dumbshit pothead 16 year old who giggled his way thru a red light, i'd be pretty pissed.

Sure, it can happen now.  but it'll be more likely if legalized.  My bro and I argue a lot about this.  He has to admit we'll have more fatalities.

I'd be fine with it - IF - being caught driving under influence of weed was an automatic 5 year prison sentence.  Would you be cool with that, guys?

Hell no!

1 DUI = A few days in jail and community service and or a fine of a few thousand dollars
2 DUI = a few months in jail and community service and or a fine
3 DUI = loss of license

3 strike rule.

Marijuana should be less severe than Alcohol since it impairs drivers less.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »
I never said they couldnt or that it wasnt possible did i? Also dragging everysingle person in for a blood test that is suspected of being to high to drive is silly, you need a court order to get a blood test also your looking at what about 30 bucks a drug test.

It should be like this:

Operating a motor vehicle = consent to test.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »
will there more people driving high after legal than before? Why?

I want Coca leaves legalized. Hugo Chavez chews them for energy.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2009, 06:14:13 PM »
More capable of with alcohol - BUT - less capable than when completely sober.

I'm sure you could snort coke and be a better driver than someone with alcohol in them.  Should we legalize coke for drivers too?

It 100% willl lead to more traffic fatalities.  On roads where you and I drive every day.  If I got paralyzed by some dumbshit pothead 16 year old who giggled his way thru a red light, i'd be pretty pissed.

Sure, it can happen now.  but it'll be more likely if legalized.  My bro and I argue a lot about this.  He has to admit we'll have more fatalities.

I'd be fine with it - IF - being caught driving under influence of weed was an automatic 5 year prison sentence.  Would you be cool with that, guys?

your right but you have to look at a bigger picture, ALOT OF PEOPLE GO TO WORK HIGH, DRIVE HIGH IN THE MORNINGS!!! ITS THERE ALREADY. legalizing pot wont change the amount of people using it, it wont. what it should change is the fact if your a respnsible adult, using in moderaton, responsibly, should not waste tax payers money tio send soemone to jail or even court just for pot. treat it like alcohol in the sence of driving high, smoking in public type thing.
muscle

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 06:14:26 PM »
I feel DUIers should be sentenced to 1 year in prison, automatically.

They're taking a 1000+ deadly weapon at very high speeds with intentionally impaired abilities.  They might as well be firing bullets into the air over a crowd and hoping they don't land on anyone's heads.

it's INCREDIBLY irresponsible to drive drunk.  You KNOW your car is a heavy and fast weapon.  To get F'ed up and drive home - seriously - the cop should be able to break the leg on teh spot of anyone who fails the breathalizer.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 06:14:41 PM »
b/c its legal...LOL

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2009, 06:15:32 PM »

not at all, it wont change nothing
muscle

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2009, 06:15:38 PM »
legalizing pot wont change the amount of people using it, it wont.

If there is at least 1 person in america who doesn't smoke weed because it's illegal, then your statement is patently false.

getbiggers, is there at least 1 in 305 million people who don't use it because it's illegal?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »
your right but you have to look at a bigger picture, ALOT OF PEOPLE GO TO WORK HIGH, DRIVE HIGH IN THE MORNINGS!!! ITS THERE ALREADY. legalizing pot wont change the amount of people using it, it wont. what it should change is the fact if your a respnsible adult, using in moderaton, responsibly, should not waste tax payers money tio send soemone to jail or even court just for pot. treat it like alcohol in the sence of driving high, smoking in public type thing.
legalizing pot would definitly change the number of ppl using it, these ppl selling pot and going to jail for pot arent going to go straight and become model citizens. They arent doing these actions to stick it to the man or make a poltical point they are doing it to make money and if you take this away they will find something else another drug, robbery, theft they arent magically going to get full time jobs and go straight.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2009, 06:17:52 PM »
i was married 2 weeks when I got the call that my new bride was nearly pushed off a bridge when a drunk mailman ran into her car at 70+ miles per hour on a 2-lane bridge.  rainy night, she's coming home form work, and drunk hits her.  Then, he gets out and tries to give her a hug as she's climbing out the window of her totaled car, smashed into the outer bridge barrier.

Fuck that drunk asshole, and fuck anyone here who defends DUIers.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2009, 06:18:18 PM »
If there is at least 1 person in america who doesn't smoke weed because it's illegal, then your statement is patently false.

getbiggers, is there at least 1 in 305 million people who don't use it because it's illegal?

lol ok, im sure SOME may not use it because its illegal but it wont change alot, i mean, its not like folks will be walking diwn the street smoking, its like drinking in public, you can get in trouble so it should be the same as drink, and thats it. let us reap off the benefits of taxing pot
muscle

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2009, 06:19:17 PM »
tony amazes me, there he goes again asking something that's been addressed.  He talks about draggin every single person in for a test after I stated clearly stated it was dependent on the roadside test.  If they pass the test, fine.  If they don't pass the test, haul them in and test them.  This shit already happens. 
they get a blood test if the refuse a breathalizer and a judge signs a court order, with marijuana there is no breathalyzer so everybody brought in(i figured that part was implied brain child) suspected of being high will need a blood test.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2009, 06:20:08 PM »
so is beer.  People don't drive drunk because beer is legal.   
less ppl would drink beer which would equate to less ppl driving drunk if it was illegal. Same thing but in the other direction with pot bro.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2009, 06:21:48 PM »

fo sho, if i could do it everynow and again and not be afraid of getting caught or being afraid of a drug test i would.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »

It should be like this:

Operating a motor vehicle = consent to test.
I kinda like that but it could be easily abused.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »
I would just like to see anyone who drives a half-ton vehicle at 65 mph while 'compeltely fucked up' be beaten with an ABS baton for their deeds.

Videotape the whole thing.  Take the test.  Fail.  Tell them what's coming.  Then smack them in the legs a few times with the baton.

They won't be driving drunk again because they won't be driving for a bit with 2 legs in casts.  

bar business may decline, but society productivity will increase and less innocents will die.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2009, 06:27:15 PM »
sorry to hear that 240 i hope your wife was ok...youre still a political piece of shit though  ;D sorry just felt like it was too luvey dovey.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2009, 06:30:39 PM »
sorry to hear that 240 i hope your wife was ok...youre still a political piece of shit though  ;D sorry just felt like it was too luvey dovey.

:) and you still couldn't think your way out of a Dubya Doggy bag.

But it's nice to see you on my side of the legalization issue.

My brother and I fight about this topic constantly.   He doesn't worry about the added numbers of stoned asshats on the road, I do.

the anabolic mon

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2009, 06:34:09 PM »
If you legalize it the government would have to empty the jails of convicted drug users. Ain't never gonna happen.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »
If you legalize it the government would have to empty the jails of convicted drug users. Ain't never gonna happen.
Thats something i never thought about you think they would do it? technically they broke the law, could be grandfathered in you broke the law before it was repelled?

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2009, 06:37:23 PM »
i was married 2 weeks when I got the call that my new bride was nearly pushed off a bridge when a drunk mailman ran into her car at 70+ miles per hour on a 2-lane bridge.  rainy night, she's coming home form work, and drunk hits her.  Then, he gets out and tries to give her a hug as she's climbing out the window of her totaled car, smashed into the outer bridge barrier.

Fuck that drunk asshole, and fuck anyone here who defends DUIers.

It's not always clear cut. I know many guys who go out with their friends and drink 4 or 5 beers and a few hours later go and get some food and then drive straight home.

They should all be punished, but a 1 year prison term is too severe. I know someone who was in a drunk auto crash and fled the scene and was later sentenced to a lot of community service and a fine. This person never drinks and drives anymore and if they had spent an entire year in prison, they would have never even had the chance to fix themselves since they would have been branded for life.

TONS of people drink and drive, but only a small fraction end up in auto accidents. Coming up with draconian punishments for something like this is never the answer.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »
guess you would be wrong about that ;)

The Volstead Act has been the direct result of creating more crime in the State of New Jersey than there ever has been before.

It has endangered the life and limb of those using the public streets, through autos being operated by drunken drivers; it may be that there were just as many auto drivers that drank before prohibition, but what they drank did not affect their ability to run an automobile with safety. To-day one or two drinks create a menace to life and limb to those who use our streets and highways.

Statistics have shown that drivers of automobiles arrested for drunkenness have increased 100 per cent in the last few years. Some one may ask where do they get it?

If some one would ask the question: Where can't you get it? It would be more difficult to answer.

Testimony of Henry Hilfers, President, New Jersey State Federation of Labor, The National Prohibition Law, Hearings before the Subcommittee of the Committee on the Judiciary, United States Senate, Sixty-Ninth Congress, April 5 to 24, 1926"

during Prohibition drunken driving busts went up 81 percent.
http://www.nuyakacreek.com/blog/2004/11/american-winery-remembers-prohibition.htm

Bingo!

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2009, 06:42:03 PM »
Thats something i never thought about you think they would do it? technically they broke the law, could be grandfathered in you broke the law before it was repelled?

Emptying the jails is a GOOD THING.

Less tax dollars spent keeping people in jail over a goddamn plant!!!!!!

Something like 50,000 tax dollars per year to house 1 person in prison.

Multiply that by the several hundred thousand in prison for marijuana across the country.