Author Topic: tax Marijuana to save the economy?  (Read 13945 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
tax Marijuana to save the economy?
« on: February 25, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »

what do you guys think?I know quiet a few people that have died from cigarette's.and even More that have completely ruined there lives from alcohol.yet know plenty marijuana useres that live productive lives.plus out of these three drugs mary Jane is the most bodybuilding friendly.
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: tax Marijuana to save the economy?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 11:08:49 AM »
;D
DAWG

BIGRENS79

• Getbig II
  • MR. POT HEAD
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 02:47:50 PM »
 ;D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 02:57:52 PM »

what do you guys think?I know quiet a few people that have died from cigarette's.and even More that have completely ruined there lives from alcohol.yet know plenty marijuana useres that live productive lives.plus out of these three drugs mary Jane is the most bodybuilding friendly.

first it's marijuana, then acid, then cocaine, then bank robberies, rape, murder and then steroids and on to the IFBB as a Pro

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »
first it's marijuana, then acid, then cocaine, then bank robberies, rape, murder and then steroids and on to the IFBB as a Pro

Exactly.  Think of the children.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »
Few politicians have the balls to back such a bill.  This country is full of scared weak people.
Legalize it all.  People are going to do what they do either way.  The government would get more money taxing it, obviously.  Spend less on bullshit "drug prevention" campaigns.  Spend less on police/jail guards, due to less crime.  You'd experience a few more deaths a year from more people experimenting, but so what.
This will never happen of course, but I'm sure most would be shocked at how things would possibly be better, not worse.
As far as weed, 10% of America smoke anyway, so might as well tax it.  The thought of people doing hard time for selling weed, is laughable.

Next on the list, NO SPEED LIMITS outside big cities.  Stricter driving tests.  Fewer accidents guaranteed.  This will never happen because the car industry would suffer with only 25% of current drivers to buy their cars.  The fact that old people are even allowed to get behind the wheel, is a disgrace to everyone with a license.  Oh, women too, of course.  Another upside, less resources taken, less traffic.

Then, tax SUV's more on gas.  These thing suck twice the gas, for no good reason.  It's great if you like a bigger car, but reality is, few need them.

The fact they tax cigarettes/alcohol because they're "bad" for you, is a joke.  The government, tax this, oh but not this.  If something is bad for you, shouldn't it be "illegal" like weed.

I need to chill on the caffeine.
Out. ;D  
N

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 03:21:29 PM »
Few politicians have the balls to back such a bill.  This country is full of scared weak people.
Legalize it all.  People are going to do what they do either way.  The government would get more money taxing it, obviously.  Spend less on bullshit "drug prevention" campaigns.  Spend less on police/jail guards, due to less crime.  You'd experience a few more deaths a year from more people experimenting, but so what.
This will never happen of course, but I'm sure most would be shocked at how things would possibly be better, not worse.
As far as weed, 10% of America smoke anyway, so might as well tax it.  The thought of people doing hard time for selling weed, is laughable.

Next on the list, NO SPEED LIMITS outside big cities.  Stricter driving tests.  Fewer accidents guaranteed.  This will never happen because the car industry would suffer with only 25% of current drivers, would still be driving.  The fact that old people are even allowed to get behind the wheel, is a disgrace to everyone with a license.  Oh, women too, of course.  Another upside, less resources taken, less traffic.

Then, tax SUV's more on gas.  These thing suck twice the gas, for no good reason.  It's great if you like a bigger car, but reality is, few need them.

The fact they tax cigarettes/alcohol because they're "bad" for you, is a joke.  The government, tax this, oh but not this.  If something is bad for you, shouldn't it be "illegal" like weed.

I need to chill on the caffeine.
Out. ;D  

Run for office!  ;D

Brilliant ideas
S

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 03:49:21 PM »
Marijuana will drive you insane and give you brain cancer!!!

It will make you quit your job and murder your family!!!

It will make you become a crackhead!!!

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »
Marijuana will drive you insane and give you brain cancer!!!

It will make you quit your job and murder your family!!!

It will make you become a crackhead!!!

But alcohol is so much better right?

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 04:34:28 PM »
Anyone who thinks that Marijuana SHOULD be ILLEGAL needs a brisk strike from a baseball bat to the cranium.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »
Not this shit again....

the problem with marijuana is there is no credible way of determining how high somebody is. You cant have ppl driving around stoned out of their fuking minds man shit just isnt safe. How would you regulate that aspect of it?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »
Not this shit again....

the problem with marijuana is there is no credible way of determining how high somebody is. You cant have ppl driving around stoned out of their fuking minds man shit just isnt safe. How would you regulate that aspect of it?

I'd rather have someone hit the bong and go out driving than someone that just left a bar anyday

drunk drivers = fear of head on collisions

stoned drivers= getting stuck behind someone doing 55 in the fast lane

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2009, 04:56:01 PM »
I'd rather have someone hit the bong and go out driving than someone that just left a bar anyday

drunk drivers = fear of head on collisions

stoned drivers= getting stuck behind someone doing 55 in the fast lane
LOL done that many a times, unfortunately you know and i know that like i stated there is no credible way of determining how high somebody is and a person who is really high is dangerous on the road bro.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2009, 05:28:03 PM »
did it ever occur to you that the issue is already there ::)  You get pulled over high now, you're going down for it.  it won't be any different when it's legal. 

"Significant work is being done to develop and implement modified field sobriety tests, which measure the behavior of drivers (reaction time, for example) rather than their bodily fluids.

MPP recommends a policy similar to most state laws on driving under the influence of alcohol: A driver who fails a roadside sobriety test should be required to submit to a blood test by a trained medical professional — or risk criminal and administrative sanctions."

and they can tell the levels with a blood test so if you get pulled over, smell like pot and can't pass the sobriety test, you'd probably get taken in for a blood test.  That happens already.
the reason you go down for it now bro is its illegal, when its legal are you proposing that you cant drive high? How will they tell your high? blood test? whats the limit? LOL again ppl dont take into account other problems created by getting rid of ONE. Im all for legalizing weed and steroids for that matter but weed needs to be able to be regulated and as of right now it cannot be.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »
Hugo.

Be nice.  >:(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2009, 05:47:16 PM »
::) I am constantly amazed at the stupidity you display.  fucking read what I posted, slowly.  Yet again you ask questions already answered.  You get an idea locked into your head and there seems to be a barrier you put up that prevents you from reading or listening to what's being said.  truly amazing.
i read your fuking post bro stfu and comprefukinhend...you said blood tests i said whats the limit? Maybe you knee jerked like usual and didnt read my post entirely im for legalizing it but at this time its not a feasable option.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2009, 05:57:35 PM »
Officer sees lit marijuana in car while someone is operating it. They go to jail.

Officer smells marijuana in car and sees it (lit or not). They go to jail.

Officer determines that they might be high. They go to jail for a day.

Currently officers ALREADY have discretion when dealing with people who "might" be intoxicated or high. They take them to jail anyway if they are driving erratically. Even if they are not intoxicated or high, they can't protest it if the officer thinks that they might be. Just a night in holding.

But for the most part. People drive much better on Marijuana than alcohol. I know people who drive while using marijuana constantly. Alcohol is a whole different ballgame.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
  • Lifes To Short To Be Small!!!
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2009, 05:58:08 PM »
 weed should be LEGALIZED and TAXED, easy enough. If someone gets caught drinking and driving, your done, it should be the same as pot, you get pulled over high, your busted. There should be no reason why we cant sit at home and smoke and chill/relax. I work 8-10 hour days, workout, then come home, eat and smoke little bit (im smoking while typing this lol)  

i doubt any of this will happen anytime soon but you never know, i didnt think i would see a black presodent this soon either lol  as they keeping pushing the subject, more heads will turn, we just need the right people to propose these ideas.
muscle

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2009, 06:01:13 PM »
Officer sees lit marijuana in car while someone is operating it. They go to jail.

Currently officers ALREADY have discretion when dealing with people who "might" be intoxicated or high. They take them to jail anyway if they are driving erratically. Even if they are not intoxicated or high, they can't protest it if the officer thinks that they might be. Just a night in holding.

But for the most part. People drive much better on Marijuana than alcohol. I know people who drive while using marijuana constantly. Alcohol is a whole different ballgame.

with that quote, your right about going to jail, if they think your high but cant find ANYTHING in our car/pockets, they will most likely let you go, you can always have a excuse why eyes red, just woke up, tired.... lol

i drive 50 miles on the wkends high some times and nothing different, on highways. i just cruise lol  sometimes i have to watch my reaction times but have MORE PROBLEMS SOBER than high. but i tend to stay in and not drive if i dont have to when i smoke, just to be safe
muscle

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2009, 06:03:49 PM »

goodness gracious man didnt we have this debate like a week ago? Weed and alcohol arent the same and cannot necissarily be regulated the same way. Stoned drivers can be just as dangerous as drunk drivers bro its ignorant to think otherwise. You need a way of field testing for marijuana and a blood limit fot thc or whatever else you want.

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2009, 06:04:33 PM »
with that quote, your right about going to jail, if they think your high but cant find ANYTHING in our car/pockets, they will most likely let you go, you can always have a excuse why eyes red, just woke up, tired.... lol

i drive 50 miles on the wkends high some times and nothing different, on highways. i just cruise lol  sometimes i have to watch my reaction times but have MORE PROBLEMS SOBER than high. but i tend to stay in and not drive if i dont have to when i smoke, just to be safe

But it's a justification for a search and/or a night in jail. This is enough to catch 90% of the guys since they most likely have the pot in their car.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
Not this shit again....

I feel you are misguided on many things, but i agree here.

this is why i oppose legalization of weed.  You'll have ten million idiots smoking pot on their way to work monday morning.  They will be worse drivers, even if only by a small percentage.  That % wil lead to more accidents nationwide.  This can't really be denied.  If you impair the abilities of ten million drivers, a few are going to have accidents.

You can say "it's better than driving drunk"... but that makes no sense.  I can rape a chick and tell the judge "it's better than killing her".  It still has negative consequences.

muscle19

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »
your right, it isnt safe to drive high BUT your more capable of driving high than drunk, plus you can smoke yourswelf to death, drinking you can!!!!!  thats a huge point to make, you cant kill yourself from pot!!!  as long in a moderate, responsible, fashion
muscle

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 06:09:14 PM »
your right, it isnt safe to drive high BUT your more capable of driving high than drunk, plus you can smoke yourswelf to death, drinking you can!!!!!  thats a huge point to make, you cant kill yourself from pot!!!  as long in a moderate, responsible, fashion

More capable of with alcohol - BUT - less capable than when completely sober.

I'm sure you could snort coke and be a better driver than someone with alcohol in them.  Should we legalize coke for drivers too?

It 100% willl lead to more traffic fatalities.  On roads where you and I drive every day.  If I got paralyzed by some dumbshit pothead 16 year old who giggled his way thru a red light, i'd be pretty pissed.

Sure, it can happen now.  but it'll be more likely if legalized.  My bro and I argue a lot about this.  He has to admit we'll have more fatalities.

I'd be fine with it - IF - being caught driving under influence of weed was an automatic 5 year prison sentence.  Would you be cool with that, guys?

liberalismo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 06:09:23 PM »
I feel you are misguided on many things, but i agree here.

this is why i oppose legalization of weed.  You'll have ten million idiots smoking pot on their way to work monday morning.  They will be worse drivers, even if only by a small percentage.  That % wil lead to more accidents nationwide.  This can't really be denied.  If you impair the abilities of ten million drivers, a few are going to have accidents.

You can say "it's better than driving drunk"... but that makes no sense.  I can rape a chick and tell the judge "it's better than killing her".  It still has negative consequences.

I think that a few accidents is worth the problem of Marijuana being against the law. So many problems it's absurd.
Waste of $
Waste of lives who are sent to prison.
Waste of manhours.
Waste of time.
Waste of energy.
Environment damage.
Underground trade profiting druglords and gangs.
Etc.

I think that this same argument was used to KEEP prohibition on the laws. But we all know how that turned out. You can't outlaw alcohol, it doesn't work. You can't outlaw marijuana, it doesn't work.