Author Topic: Onlyme and other Vegas residents...  (Read 9247 times)

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
Re: Onlyme and other Vegas residents...
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2009, 10:44:02 AM »
I'm giving serious thought about becomng a police officer.  Should I go Metro or North Las Vegas?  My best friend is Metro they start out at 47k and have the best training.  North Las Vegas starts out at 56k (don't ask my why) but my friend told me their academy is a joke. He also said North is easier to get into.  Because of my degree and 10 years in the military he said they'd be all over me.  What do you fellas know about cops in our great towns?

Get this, a North Side Detective starts out at 84k a Lt. makes 110k....That's a shitload of money for a cop in Vegas.  The job pays VERY well.

My friend said the Sheriff of Metro makes 250k....HOLY SHIT!  My friend said he cleared 65k last year with overtime.  He's been on the force for one year and six months.

There is way more crime.
E

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2009, 10:48:34 AM »

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 10:52:52 AM »
HAHA

My last name in real life is a common Black name around here.  So I feel like I have a special connection to the black community. lol

Hello Mr. Johnson.....

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »
I don't want to stereotype.

There are plenty nice black females I'm sure I could have married, I just never ran into one.  That didn't play into why I went white.  It just happened.  It's diverse in Vegas so race is not an issue.  I took those values with me and am able to fit in, in most places.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »
You just want to frisk trannies. :)

;D If he doesn't- I will.

Any Vegas cop that ain't making 100K per year is a lazy MFer. There's so much free/dirty money in that town it's a shame.
a

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 11:10:25 AM »

Any Vegas cop that ain't making 100K per year is a lazy MFer. There's so much free/dirty money in that town it's a shame.

Come on man that's wrong...

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 11:11:00 AM »
;D If he doesn't- I will.

What the hell is it with you guys and men with boob jobs?

At least you're honest about being gay. :)

Quo

• Getbig II
  • "Yes I work out...thanks for asking"
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 11:23:38 AM »
I'm giving serious thought about becomng a police officer.  Should I go Metro or North Las Vegas?  My best friend is Metro they start out at 47k and have the best training.  North Las Vegas starts out at 56k (don't ask my why) but my friend told me their academy is a joke. He also said North is easier to get into.  Because of my degree and 10 years in the military he said they'd be all over me.  What do you fellas know about cops in our great towns?

Get this, a North Side Detective starts out at 84k a Lt. makes 110k....That's a shitload of money for a cop in Vegas.  The job pays VERY well.

My friend said the Sheriff of Metro makes 250k....HOLY SHIT!  My friend said he cleared 65k last year with overtime.  He's been on the force for one year and six months.

I was always under the impression you don't get to "choose" what part of town you work in...you have to "earn" it (rank, years on force, etc...)if that was the case...every cop would work in the low-crime areas...maybe I'm wrong..I'm not a Cop..

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
They are two separate police departments.  North Las Vegas also has its own city council and mayor.

Metro is over all of Clark County while North is just for the city of North Las Vegas.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2009, 11:42:29 AM »
They are two separate police departments.  North Las Vegas also has its own city council and mayor.

Metro is over all of Clark County while North is just for the city of North Las Vegas.

Back in the day, Vegas Metro cops had a very heavy rep. They were the cats that kill you, instead of arresting you.
a

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2009, 11:43:36 AM »
Wiggs, Metro.  Just whenever you become one lets get together so at least I have a police friend.  I only met one policeman here so far.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2009, 12:06:20 PM »

Since your African-American math skills may be a little suspect, let me help you out here, Wiggs:  56k is more than 47k.  19% more, in fact.

Hope this helps!  :D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2009, 12:18:32 PM »

Since your African-American math skills may be a little suspect, let me help you out here, Wiggs:  56k is more than 47k.  19% more, in fact.

Hope this helps!  :D

It's not just about the money.  It's about prestige also.  I don't want to work for a place that's a joke even if I get paid more money.
Metro is a well respected police force.  Many people don't even know North Las Vegas Police Department even exists.

Keep working posting without adding in racism...you're almost there.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 12:26:13 PM »
It's not just about the money.  It's about prestige also.  I don't want to work for a place that's a joke even if I get paid more money.
Metro is a well respected police force.  Many people don't even know North Las Vegas Police Department even exists.

Prestige doesn't buy you jack, unless you're planning on leaving Vegas and shopping your experience around in the future. 

Unless the NLV job is way shittier in terms of working conditions compared to Metro, go with the $.

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2009, 12:31:33 PM »

Black cops are awesome...  prevents the little niglet criminals from trying to pull the race card.

That assumes that blacks can't be racist. :)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2009, 12:35:55 PM »
That assumes that blacks can't be racist. :)

The concept of black-on-black racism, although it may exist, pretty much gets laughed out of most courts.  A black criminal crying "racism" when the cops who arrested him were black won't so much as raise an eyebrow with most people.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2009, 12:46:40 PM »
You will become my arch enemy sir, the training is poor, and I'm in the process of suing them see my Chainsaw update threads
and you will see.  I'm directly going after these officers civily and criminally for what they have done to my arm, and anyone,
I mean you might be a nice guy, but you become one of them, I have no sympathy for you.
Most are all show no go!

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2009, 12:48:26 PM »

wiggs -- if that is truly the case then you just answered your own question -- go metro with your creds -- alot of cool metro cops ---

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2009, 12:49:02 PM »
Yes, I was walking home from a bar drunk here in las vegas and someone called the cops.  I actually left my car at the bar, I'm kind of built like paul bunion, tall and big, and there were at least 3 cops called.  They wanted to put me to the ground and on pulled my arm all the way up my back, chicken wing and another stuck his baton in the chicken wing and tore everything.  I was limp for 2 months, no movement.  Then after they did that, I freaked from the pain and resisted, and 2 other cops got me in a choke hold, which didn't work, I went down anyway.  They were jumpin around like monkeys thinkin I was out, but I wasn't.  But they fucked me up really bad..

I did not even get a ticket.  They took me to the Hospital, then released.
Most are all show no go!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 12:51:20 PM »
Bro, look into firefighting.....  be a real hero.  seriously.
Most are all show no go!

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 12:54:04 PM »

If I was going to be either I'd choose firefighting, it's something I've considered before.

Save lives instead of possibly taking them.  :-X
S

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 12:57:02 PM »

lower pay but great gig if you can get it -- long waiting list

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2009, 03:27:57 PM »
*bump* for negroid cop-wannabes!  :D

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009, 05:35:37 PM »
  considering 95% of jobs in Las Vegas pay less than 2k per month, i highly recommend joining the police.  i live in LV too!!