Author Topic: This is better than all modern music (Elvis)  (Read 4750 times)

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
Re: This is better than all modern music (Elvis)
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 12:05:18 PM »
lets see Elvis shot tvs,had mad groupies,took mad drugs,was a millionaire,fucking walked into the white house and got a badge from the president,that takes some balls. ;D

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 12:10:27 PM »

So damn good.  I friggin love Scooter-some of the best upbeat feel good music there is.  How about:

But Elvis is king.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 12:22:08 PM »

elvis in his prime

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 12:25:47 PM »

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 12:39:55 PM »
elvis was the first white music artists to do 'black' msuic.... the 'original wigger', if you willl

personally i think hes quite the douchebag (was)...   if i had seen him do that lip snarl id have smacked him in the mouth for making such a retarded, ugly face

he only had one good song and thats jailhouse rock

Elvis did not do Black music at all. All of his music was written by a Black musician named Otis Blackwell who sadly despite selling 120 million albums in his time is hardly known. The all too famous Blue Suede Shoes, Don't Be Cruel, Nothing But A Hound Dog, All Shook Up, HeartBreak Hotel, Fever etc are all Mr. Blackwells songs of which he has received near ZERO credit for writing and no fame for making Elvis popular amongst whites. Even other white artist (even to this day) have sung Mr. Blackwell's sung and have never mentioned his name as the writer...shameful

Here is Big Mamma Thorton singing teh original soulful/bluesy version of Nothing But A Hound Dog long before Elvis sung it.

C

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 12:47:25 PM »

Elvis did not do Black music at all. All of his music was written by a Black musician named Otis Blackwell who sadly despite selling 120 million albums in his time is hardly known. The all too famous Blue Suede Shoes, Don't Be Cruel, Nothing But A Hound Dog, All Shook Up, HeartBreak Hotel, Fever etc are all Mr. Blackwells songs of which he has received near ZERO credit for writing and no fame for making Elvis popular amongst whites. Even other white artist (even to this day) have sung Mr. Blackwell's sung and have never mentioned his name as the writer...shameful

haha, OWNED.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 12:52:22 PM »

Here is Big Mamma Thorton singing teh original soulful/bluesy version of Nothing But A Hound Dog long before Elvis sung it.
Hmm. I may be a bit rusty, but even I know that Blue Suede Shoes was written and first recorded by the very white Carl Perkins.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 01:31:51 PM »

One cool guy

Superboy Prime

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 02:44:28 PM »
Elvis dead makes more money than 90% of all live acts today. This is a fact. It has been reported from women that the mere sight of Elvis in person alone brought them to orgasm. Elvis as a single act has sold more records than anyone in history. John Lennon stated that without Elvis there would be no Beatles, Bob Dylan stated that after he heard "Heartbreak Hotel" his life was changed and imediatly bought a guitar.
  At one point Elvis wanted a ranch with horses and trailer for his posse. His father said you spend $$ too fast you don't have it now. Elvis said " book me a show in Vegas " but it's xmas eve who will go? Well people went and Elvis was paid just under 1,000,000.00 for a couple hours work. This was near 40 years ago. The man was the most powerful entertainer around when alive. It is also a fact that when Elvis was in Vegas that the entire city's profits would jump over 10%, no act has done this since.
   Once at a Elvis show a man was at was siting right behind the entire group Led Zepplin. The man asked Robert Plant......."you guys like Elvis?" which Plant replied " are you kidding! he is the reason we can do what we do...he is the king"

Amen!! All hail the King of Kings!!!

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 02:53:17 PM »
 bbbwwwaaaahhahahahahahah ahaha

a whole lot of elvis fanboys  mad cuz their skinnny/fat wigger idol would get his ugly snarl bitch slapped off his stupid face

hahahahahahahahahah

"elvis is king" ... bwwaahahahahahahahahahah a....fuckiing clowns...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »

a whole lot of elvis fanboys  mad cuz their skinnny/fat wigger idol would get his ugly snarl bitch slapped off his stupid face

hahahahahahahahahah

Oh brother....pipe down Vanilla Lard.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 03:13:16 PM »

hahahahahahahahahah

;D

CastIron

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Superman lives!
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 03:16:32 PM »

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »
elvis isnt good mucis on ANY scale.. music talent? no... great voice? no...... catchy melody that brought black muscial sounds into white kids houses so they thought it was cool? yes...  

heres good music

Tower of Power - Squib Cakes

Rage Aganst the Machine - Calm like a Bomb

Beck - Hell yes

Jamiroquai - Virtual insanity

Red hot chili peppers- Love roller coaster

Temptations - my girl

Bill withers- aint no sunshine

i could go on and on and on

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 03:20:49 PM »
elvis isnt good mucis on ANY scale.. music talent? no... great voice? no...... catchy melody that brought black muscial sounds into white kids houses so they thought it was cool? yes...  
I'm not a big Elvis fan, Candi, but to dismiss him so out of hand makes you look like a 'tard.  :-\

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 03:23:44 PM »
I'm not a big Elvis fan, Candi, but to dismiss him so out of hand makes you look like a 'tard.  :-\

He prefers "Vanilla Lard."

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 03:24:04 PM »
no a great singer, not  great musician.... he had songs that people liked, and wore outfits that people liked..... as far as msucial talent and saying he is better than all modern music?...      

to say elvis was a good musician or made good music, would make someone look like "a tard" to any real musician.

# of albums sold in no way correlates to music quality....

to to a karaoke bar for a few nights and youll find somebody doing a version of "hounddog" that is better than the version elvis did

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 03:26:06 PM »
Gotta love the King....he's made me wet a time or two.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »
no a great singer, not  great musician.... he had songs that people liked, and wore outfits that people liked..... as far as msucial talent and saying he is better than all modern music?...      

to say elvis was a good musician or made good music, would make someone look like "a tard" to any real musician.

to to a karaoke bar for a few nights and youll find somebody doing a version of "hounddog" that is better than the version elvis did
LOL. Ok, Peter Guralnick. Let me know when you start hating on The Beatles, The Stones and Led Zepp.  ::)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 03:30:21 PM »
elvis was the first white music artists to do 'black' msuic.... the 'original wigger', if you willl

personally i think hes quite the douchebag (was)...   if i had seen him do that lip snarl id have smacked him in the mouth for making such a retarded, ugly face

he only had one good song and thats jailhouse rock
::)

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »
::)

Amen.  Dude probably goes to the Sistine Chapel and says, "I can't even see the numbers he was painting by."
~

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2009, 08:59:41 AM »

This is the dumbest statement I have read to date regarding Elvis. Todays acts have nothing on Elvis, nothing. Todays acts rely on over mixed often dubbed synthesized pre-tracks layed down, computer enhanced vocals that still sound like shit. Not one of the aforementioned or posted groups on this thread have anything on Elvis.
   Elvis had one of the most powerful voices ever, with a range that none can match or come close to today. Some of the best singers in the world have tried to imitate his range, none have. Elvis could take the stage on a live show and belt out a tune without the need for computer enhanced vocal adjustments, you just do not see that today.
h

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2009, 09:01:50 AM »
  This is the dumbest statement I have read to date regarding Elvis. Todays acts have nothing on Elvis, nothing. Todays acts rely on over mixed often dubbed synthesized pre-tracks layed down, computer enhanced vocals that still sound like shit. Not one of the aforementioned or posted groups on this thread have anything on Elvis.
   Elvis had one of the most powerful voices ever, with a range that none can match or come close to today. Some of the best singers in the world have tried to imitate his range, none have. Elvis could take the stage on a live show and belt out a tune without the need for computer enhanced vocal adjustments, you just do not see that today.

Eric, I agree.  Keep in mind "tbombz" posted that he wants his gf to use a strap-on on him....so that's the kinda guy we are talking about here.

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2009, 09:03:53 AM »
Great Post dude,just listen here at 1:28,crazy

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2009, 10:47:31 AM »
yep, good one. heres another.

h