Author Topic: Are bodybuilders athletes when you have MMA guys training like this?  (Read 15532 times)

spinnis

You must have me confused with someone else...I've never pranced around in my underwear for old men.  What the hell kind of shows have YOU been going to?

If you couldn't answer a question With a question ever again, would you cry yourself to sleep every night?

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
You must have me confused with someone else...I've never pranced around in my underwear for old men.  What the hell kind of shows have YOU been going to?

i would post that pic of chaos in the thong but i don't make a habit of saving any pics of the guys who post here

I know who does though

*PM's fat dave*

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Well really what's the difference between the two? The girls are going on a stage to get judged by their appearance and so does bodybuilders. A highly subjective "sport" also known as beauty pageants.

I dont have the time or the patience to explain the differences to you...

Preparing for a BB competition (especially in the pro league) is a greuling 12-14 week process....if you ever did it yourself, you wouldnt be asking "whats the difference"

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I haven't gone to any bodybuilding "shows", but I have been to sporting events, usually held in stadiums, not auditoriums.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
If you couldn't answer a question With a question ever again, would you cry yourself to sleep every night?

The first sentence is a STATEMENT, the second is a QUESTION...learn the difference

spinnis

The first sentence is a STATEMENT, the second is a QUESTION...learn the difference

you still put a question in your reply didn't you?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
I dont have the time or the patience to explain the differences to you...

Preparing for a BB competition (especially in the pro league) is a greuling 12-14 week process....if you ever did it yourself, you wouldnt be asking "whats the difference"

I'm pretty sure female beauty pageants competitors work out too to keep their bodies fit and undertake different treatments to make their skin look better etc. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

I'm not saying that the preparation for a bodybuilding contest is not brutal but that is still irrelevant. You get judged by your appearance and posing skills and no athletic skills required as you said, what could possibly be more beauty pageant than that?
from incomplete data

spinnis

Re: Are bodybuilders athletes when you have MMA guys training like this?
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2009, 06:48:04 PM »
Chick doesn't know when to stop

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
I'm pretty sure female beauty pageants competitors work out too to keep their bodies fit and undertake different treatments to make their skin look better etc. Sounds familiar doesn't it?

I'm not saying that the preparation for a bodybuilding contest is not brutal but that is still irrelevant. You get judged by your appearance and posing skills and no athletic skills required as you said, what could possibly be more beauty pageant than that?

I'm sure people that jog and marathon runners are the same as well, right?

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »
I haven't gone to any bodybuilding "shows", but I have been to sporting events, usually held in stadiums, not auditoriums.

1- I haven't gone to any bodybuilding shows
2-I do not work out
3-I don't have a clue about nutrition and training

Please let us know your Expert opinion..... ::)

spinnis

there you go answering with a question again haha

lovemonkey

• Getbig V

Now you're losing all grasp of reasonable logic....

Marathon runners are in no way judged by their appearance, only their performance. Perhaps "judged" is the wrong word for it, they win and lose quite simply.

Why won't you listen to what our dear friend Wikipedia has to say:

"A beauty contest, or beauty pageant, is a competition based mainly, though not always entirely, on the physical beauty of its contestants, and often incorporating personality, talent demonstration, and question responses as judged criteria. Almost invariably, competitions for men and women are separate events, and those for men are not referred to as beauty contests. Beauty contests for women are more common, and winners are called beauty queens. Beauty contests for men, like Mr. Universe, are more likely to be "body building" contests—quite unlike the traditional "beauty contest" in which women are judged upon many attributes both physical and otherwise. However, in the 1990s, male "beauty contests" began to shift focus. Instead of only considering muscle mass, the competitions began to judge the natural physical attributes of the contestants as well as their physiques. These include Mr. World and Manhunt International."

May not be the best possible source, but it gives a VERY good idea what the general definition is.
from incomplete data

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2009, 06:58:52 PM »
Obviously, the analogy was lost on you.....

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2009, 07:01:39 PM »
1- I haven't gone to any bodybuilding shows
2-I do not work out
3-I don't have a clue about nutrition and training

Please let us know your Expert opinion..... ::)
Haven't I seen you at Koloseum before? A long time ago?

Only #1 is correct.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2009, 07:02:01 PM »
oh lord chick youre still online...whenever i log on youre on the g&o melting about something ::)
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2009, 07:03:46 PM »
oh lord chick youre still online...whenever i log on youre on the g&o melting about something ::)

Guess that means you're here as much as I am...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2009, 07:04:09 PM »

And your pride of always having to win a debate is making you dumber than a box of rocks. It's irrelevant how much bodybuilders work out or struggle in order to compete, bodybuilding is still about beauty pageants and bodybuilders are not athletes.

My goodness.
from incomplete data

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2009, 07:06:08 PM »
And your pride of always having to win a debate is making you dumber than a box of rocks. It's irrelevant how much bodybuilders work out or struggle in order to compete, bodybuilding is still about beauty pageants and bodybuilders are not athletes.

My goodness.
He'll never concede, he'll "rep" his "athletes" until his last breath.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2009, 07:07:33 PM »
Guess that means you're here as much as I am...
not today bob-i was biking on the boardwalk while u were on here yelling at getbiggers
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2009, 07:09:04 PM »

My goodness.

Gotcha...I'm dumb, but you couldnt understand a basic analogy.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »
not today bob-i was biking on the boardwalk while u were on here yelling at getbiggers
LMAO, NW comes in with a knockout punch. ;D

Excellent pwnage Gene.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2009, 07:09:45 PM »

Trolling for men?

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2009, 07:10:51 PM »
Lovemonkey is spot on.

How a bodybuilder can consider himself an athlete is beyond me. Lifting weights in a gym following typical bodybuilding workout routines is not very difficult, even if this has to be done twice a day. Add in the dieting come gay contest time then any man with a little bit of willpower would succeed. Being judged by ones looks and muscles is a beauty pageant and there is nothing athletic involved. Are we to assume their is skill in ones genetics to be able to respond to the bucket load of drugs these clowns take.

Bodybuilding is based on looks and the only skill involved is who has the best genetics to respond to the drugs or the best pharmaceutical advice. Anyone who thinks just because they workout hard in a gym following a bodybuilding routine makes them an athlete is deluded.

Power-lifting or strongmen are athletes however as they compete against each other on feats of strength which test skill, technique, strength and endurance as well as many other athletic traits.

Just think about how many dirty gay ass bodybuilders there could be from all the gym rats out there in the world if given the right combination of drugs. However, not many would ever have the skill or attributes to ever become a professional in most other major sports.

Brock Lesnar has shown what real training is in that video, now some gay ass thong wearing bodybuilder will show up to say how they are athletes because they show up to a gym twice a day and lift weights.

End this argument right now this whole thing is absurd, obviously this Bob Chick guy will never be able to see through his clouded biased lenses as he has spent a big proportion of his life following a particularly peculiar hobby.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2009, 07:11:34 PM »
Gotcha...I'm dumb, but you couldnt understand a basic analogy.

Well I understood it, but you failed to realize that my earlier post had made that analogy irrelevant. You just keep running around in the same circle.
from incomplete data

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2009, 07:13:37 PM »
Trolling for men?
lol only your dirty mind would turn biking into a henious activity--there were hardly any people on the boardwalk becasue of the frigid weather
w