Author Topic: Are bodybuilders athletes when you have MMA guys training like this?  (Read 15552 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: Are bodybuilders athletes when you have MMA guys training like this?
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2009, 07:14:53 PM »
lol only your dirty mind would turn biking into a henious activity--there were hardly any people on the boardwalk becasue of the frigid weather

I like it how nw83 is usually very kind and meek, but when it comes to Bob Chick he's quite the devil. You go man.
from incomplete data

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »
Well I understood it, but you failed to realize that my earlier post had made that analogy irrelevant. You just keep running around in the same circle.

If that were true, you wouldnt have come back with an asinine comment about how runners arent concerned with their appearance....

You're backpeddling now to try and save face....give it up

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »
A Pro bodybuilder Physique requires at average 10 to 15 year of extremely intense training, impeccable nutrition. The sacrifices and extreme requiremets to success in bodybuilding is undeniably among the most rigid and Strenuous. The comparison to a Peagent is ignorance at best, at it show absolutely no knowledge of bodybuilding and the demands necessary. I should not be surprise as many feel that soccer isn't a sport either.... ::)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
The analogy you tried to make was very obvious but I couldn't honestly believe you'd be so dumb to go there. That's why I made this statement at first and thought I had to re convince you of my entire argument.

Now you're losing all grasp of reasonable logic....
from incomplete data

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2009, 07:26:02 PM »
Most bodybuilders are happy doing the same 9 or 12 sets per bodypart per week year after year, while athletes try to increase the volume and intensity of their workouts (their ability to do more work). There are no pro athlete who doesn't train multiple times per day, while most bodybuilders train max 1 time per day. These are the crucial differences in the training of the bodybuilders and athletes.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2009, 07:29:26 PM »
Most bodybuilders are happy doing the same 9 or 12 sets per bodypart per week year after year, while athletes try to increase the volume and intensity of their workouts (their ability to do more work). There are no pro athlete who doesn't train multiple times per day, while most bodybuilders train max 1 time per day. These are the crucial differences in the training of the bodybuilders and athletes.

Spoken like someone who has zero knowledge of pro bodybuilding...thanks for contributing

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
The analogy you tried to make was very obvious but I couldn't honestly believe you'd be so dumb to go there. That's why I made this statement at first and thought I had to re convince you of my entire argument.

It was obvious...to anyone but yourself.

Likening pro bodybuilding to a beauty pageant is the same as comparing jogging to marathon running....not to tough to understand, and as sound an analogy as it gets.

Amazing how you can speak on a subject you have no personal knowledge of...ignorant at best. 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2009, 07:32:14 PM »
I'd say Paul Dillet is a perfect example of just how lazy bodybuilders can be(not saying everyone is). I guarantee you, with his lack of dedication he would not break the top ten of a single sport in the world. Except bodybuilding.
from incomplete data

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2009, 07:32:32 PM »
Spoken like someone who has zero knowledge of pro bodybuilding...thanks for contributing

::)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2009, 07:33:55 PM »
A Pro bodybuilder Physique requires at average 10 to 15 year of extremely intense training, impeccable nutrition. The sacrifices and extreme requiremets to success in bodybuilding is undeniably among the most rigid and Strenuous. The comparison to a Peagent is ignorance at best, at it show absolutely no knowledge of bodybuilding and the demands necessary. I should not be surprise as many feel that soccer isn't a sport either.... ::)
Soccer is a sport, bbing is not.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2009, 07:35:51 PM »
bob can u please start showing some respect to the fans-i dont think thats a big thing to ask of u
remember-u are held to a higher standard than others and some look up to u and try to emulate u
remember-u should lead by example not by exception
but most importantly-besides being a pro bb, a movie star, an announcer, a radio dj,a writer, and an athletes rep-u are a human-u should treat others the way u want to be treated
thanks
w

io856

« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2009, 07:36:28 PM »
I'd say Paul Dillet is a perfect example of just how lazy bodybuilders can be(not saying everyone is). I guarantee you, with his lack of dedication he would not break the top ten of a single sport in the world. Except bodybuilding.
What does this have to with it?

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
It was obvious...to anyone but yourself.

Likening pro bodybuilding to a beauty pageant is the same as comparing jogging to marathon running....not to tough to understand, and as sound an analogy as it gets.

Amazing how you can speak on a subject you have no personal knowledge of...ignorant at best. 

Wow actually I have to admit I did not understand you correctly when you put it that way but it's not for the better for you, gosh.

How many times do I have to tell you this?

It's irrelevant how much bodybuilders work out or struggle in order to compete, bodybuilding is still about beauty pageants and bodybuilders are not athletes.

Anything else is just illogical wish thinking from your side. As said, just because it's about the bothersome (?) development of muscles doesn't automatically make them athletes.
from incomplete data

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2009, 07:37:01 PM »

Dillett was the very definition of being the exception, not the rule...and as poor a example as you could have come up with...

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2009, 07:38:50 PM »

It would be to your best benefit to inform yourself before making such an ignorant statement. Bodybuilders are often performing couple sessions of cardio, plus couple sessions of resistance training daily at LEAST for 12 to 16 weeks before contest. This obviously does not include the extremely precise nutrition required for 6 to 8 meals daily. This is a 24 hours focus requirement daily.I can not even respond to your statement regarding increase in volume and intensity,even that most uninformed person about bodybuilding would say such stupidity. Please educate yourself before next time.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2009, 07:38:56 PM »
Soccer is a sport, bbing is not.

Great....so go spend your time on "getsoccer.com"

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »
What does this have to with it?

I'm partly trying to make the point that bodybuilding does not necessarily require the same work ethic as actual sports does. It's mostly all genetics and drugs.

Flex Wheeler also demonstrated a lack of willpower that would automatically unable him to crack any top ten in any other sport than bodybuilding. Kamali works out like a bitch as well, even I have more guts than him in the gym. And he cracked the top ten at olympia if I remember correctly!
from incomplete data

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »
Pro athlete might have 4 years worth of training planned out before hand. Within one year the athlete goes trough many different training blocks, all containing different training and athletic goals. Bodybuilding is always the same with no real programs and possibly no real goals either. The eating changes from the offseason to the onseason and vice versa, that is mostly it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2009, 07:43:29 PM »
Great....so go spend your time on "getsoccer.com"
Why? This is getbig not getrippedandposeforoldme ninyourunderwear.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Tamer Razor

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2009, 07:45:26 PM »
I'm partly trying to make the point that bodybuilding does not necessarily require the same work ethic as actual sports does. It's mostly all genetics and drugs.

Flex Wheeler also demonstrated a lack of willpower that would automatically unable him to crack any top ten in any other sport than bodybuilding. Kamali works out like a bitch as well, even I have more guts than him in the gym. And he cracked the top ten at olympia if I remember correctly!

You have more guts than king Kamali....Great maybe you could be a Pro ....Of course you just don't want to.... ::)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2009, 07:45:48 PM »
Why? This is getbig not getrippedandposeforoldme ninyourunderwear.

;D

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2009, 07:46:54 PM »
You have more guts than king Kamali....Great maybe you could be a Pro ....Of course you just don't want to.... ::)
Are you a pro?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2009, 07:47:47 PM »
I just don't understand why Chick has to go to the lengths he does with his arguments.

No matter how much he screams "athlete" whenever he sees a bodybuilder, it will neither add or subtract from the effort put up by the bodybuilder in question.

Ok, many bodybuilders bust their ass in the gym, the kitchen.... and the pharmacy.I acknowledge it. But the differences in the definition of sports and beauty pageants still remain.
from incomplete data

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2009, 07:48:14 PM »

As already explained...it requires DIFFERENT work ethic....we dont train for things we have no use of for our sport, just as other athletes dont focus on things that dont come into play for theirs.....linemen in the NFL dont work on catching passes, or running plays as a running back....

Flex Wheeler wasn't trying to crack the top 10 of any other sport....

SUPREME BEING

• Getbig II
  • Bow down before thy!
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
It would be to your best benefit to inform yourself before making such an ignorant statement. Bodybuilders are often performing couple sessions of cardio, plus couple sessions of resistance training daily at LEAST for 12 to 16 weeks before contest. This obviously does not include the extremely precise nutrition required for 6 to 8 meals daily. This is a 24 hours focus requirement daily.I can not even respond to your statement regarding increase in volume and intensity,even that most uninformed person about bodybuilding would say such stupidity. Please educate yourself before next time.

Your a freaking moron.

Most healthy educated people i know perform cardio daily and make it to the gym daily. They also look after their diet daily year in year out, obviously not to the extent bodybuilders do. However, the only thing that stops these people from attempting to becoming bodybuilders is: 1. They are sane and realise what a fringe disgusting thing bodybuilding is. 2. They do not want to mess with their health to become a big bloated disgusting mess.

Nearly every woman in America tries to diet at one time or another and a lot can stick to diets religiously. Madonna trains everyday often over 4 hours a day doing a variety of different training exercises and she has a stricter diet than most bodybuilders have ever seen. Is she to be considered an athlete for the way she looks?

You guys are pathetic, bodybuilding is a beauty pageant with drugs thrown in period. Most people in this world view it as a homosexual disgusting drug fueled sport. I say sport but obviously this is no sport as the winner is awarded victory based on looks. Pathetic some of you guys don't realise this.