Author Topic: Who here thinks it is acceptable to hit children?  (Read 8473 times)

Dballn247

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • That's how I roll.
Re: Who here thinks it is acceptable to hit children?
« Reply #100 on: March 13, 2009, 12:31:56 AM »
No worries man, some times life gives us lemons and it appears you're making lemonade. 
\

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2009, 01:42:29 AM »
my dad used to be a big drinker,he would beat me every hour on the hour all night long,it sucked ass for me.i was a bad kid though,i guess i deserved it.i couldnt tell my teachers he beat me when they seen the bruises,cause he said he would kill me,so i would say i was playing and fell.i think thats why i ask my wife to punch me in the face and kick me in the balls when we are having sex
is your wife a guy? :)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #102 on: March 13, 2009, 01:43:54 AM »
i treat my son great,ive never layed a finger on him,i never understood how someone can beat someone that they love,it was hard for me to understand what my dad did to me for many years after that,as i got older i forgave him and we have a great relationship today.it was the alchohol i guess,i cant imagine hurting my son whether i was drunk or not.dont get me wrong,last year he was trying to touch the stove burners and i tapped his hand very lightly,he was mad at me but i did it for his own good,i dont want him to burn himself.this is the first time in my life where i actually have someone cry for me when i leave for work,my son cries when i go to work and that keeps me going everyday and keeps me away from the cocaine and alcohol.i always clap for my son when he does something nice or says his abc,s,my sons the best thing that ever happened to me and i thank god everyday for him.the only thing that scares me is that im not exactly a big bread winner and im worried that one day he will despise me for not having alot of money,im getting my CDL this month so ill make pretty good money driving trucks,i just want to make sure i could leave him something behind when its my turn to go home to the lord,my dad was a factory worker his whole life and i never despised him for it,he provided us with food on the table,clothes on our backs and when he wasnt drinking he was the most generous man in the world,he would help anyone in need.im already teaching my son jiu jitsu at home on my wrestling mats,he has no idea what hes doin,lol, but im just letting him get used to pushing me off him and im teaching him how to fall even though he doesnt realize it,lol.i want him to be a great at bjj,even though im going to bring him to a muay thia boxing school when hes alittle older,i dont want him to be a mma fighter,even though i love mma.i just want him to compete in bjj if he wants,if he dont like it,thats cool also.maybe hell like soccer better or something and ill support whatever he does as long as hes happy and healthy and stays away from drugs cause i couldnt accept that,thanks for reading dballin247

Seriously dude, are you allergic to using paragraphs or something.....
No doubt about it...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #103 on: March 13, 2009, 02:43:06 AM »
i treat my son great,ive never layed a finger on him,i never understood how someone can beat someone that they love,it was hard for me to understand what my dad did to me for many years after that,as i got older i forgave him and we have a great relationship today.it was the alchohol i guess,i cant imagine hurting my son whether i was drunk or not.dont get me wrong,last year he was trying to touch the stove burners and i tapped his hand very lightly,he was mad at me but i did it for his own good,i dont want him to burn himself.this is the first time in my life where i actually have someone cry for me when i leave for work,my son cries when i go to work and that keeps me going everyday and keeps me away from the cocaine and alcohol.i always clap for my son when he does something nice or says his abc,s,my sons the best thing that ever happened to me and i thank god everyday for him.the only thing that scares me is that im not exactly a big bread winner and im worried that one day he will despise me for not having alot of money,im getting my CDL this month so ill make pretty good money driving trucks,i just want to make sure i could leave him something behind when its my turn to go home to the lord,my dad was a factory worker his whole life and i never despised him for it,he provided us with food on the table,clothes on our backs and when he wasnt drinking he was the most generous man in the world,he would help anyone in need.im already teaching my son jiu jitsu at home on my wrestling mats,he has no idea what hes doin,lol, but im just letting him get used to pushing me off him and im teaching him how to fall even though he doesnt realize it,lol.i want him to be a great at bjj,even though im going to bring him to a muay thia boxing school when hes alittle older,i dont want him to be a mma fighter,even though i love mma.i just want him to compete in bjj if he wants,if he dont like it,thats cool also.maybe hell like soccer better or something and ill support whatever he does as long as hes happy and healthy and stays away from drugs cause i couldnt accept that,thanks for reading dballin247

Sounds good. :)
I hate the State.

newmom

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2009, 03:26:50 AM »
Great Potst gracie..we all want better for our kids. Everyone has different views on discipline.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2009, 04:17:57 AM »
Great Potst gracie..we all want better for our kids. Everyone has different views on discipline.

He sounds a lot cooler than the people who are praising beatings with belt buckles...
I hate the State.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2009, 05:19:45 AM »

i love you

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2009, 05:25:03 AM »
well, for Christians, I think the Bible says how to deal with Kids....hahhahahahah

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #108 on: March 13, 2009, 05:32:14 AM »
my dad beat the shit out of me as a kid when i was out of line.  I think I turned out ok.  It just shows discipline.  Most of today's society is so pussified now with "time outs" for kids and "just talking to them."  And we wonder why kids are so fucked up and spoiled nowadays.  I will make sure to destroy my kids.   ;D

LOL..........most people won't agrre with you, but your Method do works and I think a lot of parents can attest to that

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #109 on: March 13, 2009, 05:35:16 AM »

i love that you can forgive.  that's the beautiful part.  your dad wasn't well when he acted out all his inner rage of brutality on you and others.  

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #110 on: March 13, 2009, 05:37:17 AM »
It's beyond me how much people complain about the kids in todays society in the US, yet don't believe in any real discipline.

Timeout?  hahah, me and my brothers would have laughed at that garbage.  I'm not saying we got "beat" because we didn't.  We got spanked when we did things, but honestly the threat of spanking was the biggest deterrent.   

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2009, 05:50:59 AM »
well, Kids who grew up in the 50's are different than today's generation. unfortunately, as time changes, so are the way we discipline our Kids. I've heard senior Citizens who said that in their youth, discipline was Golden, and they're sad to see how the current generation of kids are spoiled Brats, who have no respect for their Elders. who do we blame?
Get Big, or Die Trying

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #112 on: March 13, 2009, 05:55:06 AM »
well, Kids who grew up in the 50's are different than today's generation. unfortunately, as time changes, so are the way we discipline our Kids. I've heard senior Citizens who said that in their youth, discipline was Golden, and they're sad to see how the current generation of kids are spoiled Brats, who have no respect for their Elders. who do we blame?

Dr. Spock (not Kirk's sidekick) , that idiot in the 70's who started advocating the current attitude towards discipline and combine that with the hippie generation and boom (no pun intended baby boomers) .  The older generation had it right, not on everything, but certainly on discipline.

Stavios

« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2009, 05:58:39 AM »
I don't have children, so I have no experience on the subject.

but I got spanked a few times when I needed to shut the fuck up and I believe my parents did the right thing

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #114 on: March 13, 2009, 06:06:29 AM »
children can hit other children

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #115 on: March 13, 2009, 06:36:15 AM »
I got my ass beat as a kid if I deserved it, and a few times when I didn't but I survived. My son is only 18 months so other than a smack on the hand when hes bad, all I have to do is roll up my sleeve and flex at him.
X

Stavios

« Reply #116 on: March 13, 2009, 07:05:02 AM »
I got my ass beat as a kid if I deserved it, and a few times when I didn't but I survived. My son is only 18 months so other than a smack on the hand when hes bad, all I have to do is roll up my sleeve and flex at him.

My father hit me once when I didn't deserved it.
My parents had just divorced he he was pissed off and depressed.

One day I arrived at home after school, I was about 16 years old, and he asked me to help my brother for something (I don't remember what). I said that I didn't have time for this right now.

He entered into my room and start punching me in the face for about like..... a good 30 seconds. I wasn't replying at first because you are not supposed to hit your father. but he was stopping so i got angry and I beat the crap out of him, destroyed his glasses... ect..

not a pretty sight ! My brother called the police and I went to live with my mom afterward.

but we are all good now, he apologized but of course our relationship isn't what it was

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #117 on: March 13, 2009, 07:06:25 AM »
Just curious...
never period i have 2 boys 9 and 5 if you know how to be a father theres no need
hitting just makes then act out i take shit away the wii play station shit like that hurts more..
p

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #118 on: March 13, 2009, 07:07:58 AM »
never period i have 2 boys 9 and 5 if you know how to be a father theres no need
hitting just makes then act out i take shit away the wii play station shit like that hurts more..

That's cool, but how do we really know you haven't threatened to head-butt them?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: March 13, 2009, 07:09:13 AM »
That's cool, but how do we really know you haven't threatened to head-butt them?
LMAO

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #120 on: March 13, 2009, 07:09:27 AM »
My father hit me once when I didn't deserved it.
My parents had just divorced he he was pissed off and depressed.

One day I arrived at home after school, I was about 16 years old, and he asked me to help my brother for something (I don't remember what). I said that I didn't have time for this right now.

He entered into my room and start punching me in the face for about like..... a good 30 seconds. I wasn't replying at first because you are not supposed to hit your father. but he was stopping so i got angry and I beat the crap out of him, destroyed his glasses... ect..

not a pretty sight ! My brother called the police and I went to live with my mom afterward.

but we are all good now, he apologized but of course our relationship isn't what it was

damn.....that's pretty fucked up.

Shit like that is a no-no.....but a light spank when a child misbehaves is fine.
No doubt about it...

Stavios

« Reply #121 on: March 13, 2009, 07:11:55 AM »
damn.....that's pretty fucked up.

Shit like that is a no-no.....but a light spank when a child misbehaves is fine.

yeah that's fucked up !
I have nothing to complain about except this, I had a great childhood but since my parents divorce, my dad is going downhill !

I am having him checked up in april with psychological tests and everything, he is getting borderline schizophrenic

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: March 13, 2009, 08:05:50 AM »
Spank a kid, yes. Punch them square on the jaw, heck no.

As far as i'm concerned spank that ass, or slap that hand if they step out of line. Anything other than that crosses the line to physical abuse.

I don't have kids yet, but if/when i do it's their mother that'll be doing the discipline. I'd be too afraid of hurting them.

As a kid, unless i stepped seriously out of line it was my mother who took care of it. The one time my dad did was enough to let me know i shouldn't do something like that again. I was 7 or 8 and i called my mother a "fucking bastard"! Then i ran and locked myself in the upstairs bathroom. My dad had that lock open with a knife in 2 seconds. Lesson learned. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #123 on: March 13, 2009, 10:41:46 AM »
when and if my children act bad i'm gonna lock em in the closet and tell em the boogy man is gonna come get em in a little...

i might have the closet rigged with special effects for good measure... ;D
carpe` vaginum!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #124 on: March 13, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »
If by "hit" you mean "spank" then the answer is yes.  We used the John Rosemond method:  only on the butt, only with your hand, no more than three swats.  We used it as the supreme sanction, which made enforcing all the lesser forms of punishment much easier.