Author Topic: yo tbombz  (Read 10011 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: yo tbombz
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009, 12:08:32 PM »
candy seriously have you read that meta study?

it clearly shows medium volume being better for hypertrophy than low or high by quite a margin.

what is your thoughts on this regarding your clearly high volume approach?
The study's just confirms common sense. It's the sprinter analogy-take an up-close look at the size of thighs on women sprinters; the hear to training's full-intensity sprints analagous to sets. I used to be a sprinter and can vouch for the similarities.

Doing more volume's just putting off the work-some things are immutable truths for everyone, it's not an individual thing-you can't work out extremely hard AND long especially for purposes of increasing size. One or the other of those two has to be compromised, or both.

Someone who is doing excessive volume is either too lazy to get to business faster and burn the muscle out and/or likes the flow of long workouts without excessive stress, or is grinding the muscle down with endless sets of volume with what amounts to endurance work and diminishing returns. Fine as personal preferences, but admit that it's a personal bias in terms of training.
i think you are right, personally i hate high volume, it burns me out, my strength stagnates, and i lose interest having to workout for 2 hours+ every workout.

i read your meta study you posted. i understand the mechanics behind why resistance exercise signals muscle growth, and there isnt any science FACT on any routine as being "perfect".  understanding how exercise promotes growth, ive come to my own conclusion that the old weider "instinctive training principle" is probably the closest to 'perfect' that anybody will be able to achieve. that one workout that the original poster is questioning, where i did 35 sets for shoulders, isnt an everyday workout. some days ill just do mayb 15 sets. i stop training when i feel that my msucles are geting any more stimulation out of it. on that particular day every set i did mydelts were gettign fuller, more pumped, and feeling more on fire in a good way. so i kept lifting untill i did a set that didnt make my delts mroe pumped and full. at that point i knew i wasnt adding any more growth stimulation. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 03:47:13 PM »
Taylor,back in the day,in the old Muscular Development magazines,then editor John Grimek used to say to do as many sets as it took to get the muscle pumped up and cogested with blood.

He said that once you reach this point,you should stop because anymore work would cause you to actually lose the pump and you would reach the point of diminishing returns.

Anyway,all bull shit aside,if it works, use it..........I would.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 05:40:14 PM »
john grimeck sounds like a smart guy  :)

BIG_STI

• Getbig IV
  • www.illpumpyouup.com/
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 03:25:52 PM »
LOL at getbigs teenage expert. Maybe I'll do 35 sets to see if my shoulders blow up  ::)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 03:35:02 PM »
LOL at getbigs teenage expert. Maybe I'll do 35 sets to see if my shoulders blow up  ::)
my last shoulder workout i think i did 13 or 14 sets..  my shoulders were done..

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2009, 03:41:44 PM »
Taylor,back in the day,in the old Muscular Development magazines,then editor John Grimek used to say to do as many sets as it took to get the muscle pumped up and cogested with blood.

He said that once you reach this point,you should stop because anymore work would cause you to actually lose the pump and you would reach the point of diminishing returns.

Anyway,all bull shit aside,if it works, use it..........I would.

Exactly -  everyone can complain about someone else's training but the reality is if it works do it..if it doesn't don't!

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2009, 07:31:53 PM »
i do as many sets it takes until doing more reps doesn't increase the size of my muscle. if my muscle keeps swelling with more and more sets, then ill keep going untill it stops swelling. shoulders happen to take a lot of sets before they are stretched to the max. my biceps on the other hand can be pumped in probably 12-15 sets if i go hard enough

Have you tried HIT? 6-8 sets...3-4 of them to utter failure utilizing drops, rest-pause, forced and negatives...same effect but much less volume.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2009, 11:16:33 AM »
Have you tried HIT? 6-8 sets...3-4 of them to utter failure utilizing drops, rest-pause, forced and negatives...same effect but much less volume.
a year ago my training partner was a bodybuilder who was taught HIT directly from mentzer, was a good friend of his actually. thats how we trained. 

it didnt work for me.

The Nub Monster

• Getbig II
  • 14 WORDS!
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »
a year ago my training partner was a bodybuilder who was taught HIT directly from mentzer, was a good friend of his actually. thats how we trained. 

it didnt work for me.

Fair enough I have heard a few say the same...