Author Topic: I'd like to say sorry to getbig  (Read 36458 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: I'd like to say sorry to getbig
« Reply #275 on: April 02, 2009, 07:13:02 AM »
Let's be honest, it's impossible to teach it if you haven't realized enlightenment. I don't think anyone in this thread has. We have our glimpses maybe, but as soon as words leave our mouth, it's all tainted by the ego again.

I disagree on this one, as you can recite sutras and other stuff, even if you do not understand it all.

It's also the question is you can reach awakening (enlightment is a wrong translation) in this life. Some buddhist schools say yes, some no.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #276 on: April 02, 2009, 08:42:48 AM »
the problem with meditation is there are many different kinds, and you may need a specific one to gain maxiumum focus, for instance - focus on breath, mantra, yoga postures, etc you may try loats but never reach your full potential, unless you find the ideal meditation focus for you. Some need to meditate on love, some hate, etc

i havn't found mine yet  :(

175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #277 on: April 02, 2009, 09:09:33 AM »
I disagree on this one, as you can recite sutras and other stuff, even if you do not understand it all.

It's also the question is you can reach awakening (enlightment is a wrong translation) in this life. Some buddhist schools say yes, some no.

That's a good example. If two buddhist schools fight about whether you can reach enlightenment (resp. awake to the reality of being enlightened already) in "this" life or the "next", IMO that's already the wrong path. This is fundamentalism, interpreting spiritual scripture literally and turning it into an ideology.

Of course you can teach certain aspects of a spiritual tradition but your words will never have the required transforming power to push your students into realizing the essential truth, something that's beyond any understanding the thinking mind is capable of anyway.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
the problem with meditation is there are many different kinds, and you may need a specific one to gain maxiumum focus, for instance - focus on breath, mantra, yoga postures, etc you may try loats but never reach your full potential, unless you find the ideal meditation focus for you. Some need to meditate on love, some hate, etc

i havn't found mine yet  :(

IMO that's because there is no method. The project mentality of meditation is a construct of the ego.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #279 on: April 02, 2009, 09:18:38 AM »
no because there were many buddha's actually, but if you mean Siddhārtha Gautama  - there is plenty of proof he existed, if you actually look.  ;)

please explain what you think i said about supernatural intervention ? and i will clarify.

the four noble truths are not a guide to live by, but simply an explaination as to how the world works, or should i say why it doesn't work.

the noble eightfold path is the guide to end suffering that the 4 noble truths describe, however you you would probably find them impossible to live by as you do not meditate - meditation is needed to purify and focus the mind, which helps with things like right mindfullness, right thought, right understanding, etc.

meditation is key.

aren't you a jew ?  jews used to realise the benefits of meditation and chanting, the kabbala etc

do you or have you ever practiced this ?

jesus, mohammed, moses all meditated  ;)

All of those figures with the exception PERHAPS of Mohammed were likely fictitious. Yes, I have done meditation for a while. Difficult stuff.

'Jewish' is a near impossible thing to define.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #280 on: April 02, 2009, 09:20:10 AM »
Let's be honest, it's impossible to teach it if you haven't realized enlightenment. I don't think anyone in this thread has. We have our glimpses maybe, but as soon as words leave our mouth, it's all tainted by the ego again.

ZFW
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #281 on: April 02, 2009, 09:31:21 AM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2009, 09:34:01 AM »
Zaster für Wavelength?

Zitiert Fuer Wahrheit  ;)
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #283 on: April 02, 2009, 09:38:27 AM »
Zitiert Fuer Wahrheit  ;)

weiss eh ;D
ich würde ja eher ZDWW (Zitiert Der Wahrheit Wegen) sagen. :)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #284 on: April 02, 2009, 09:47:52 AM »
weiss eh ;D
ich würde ja eher ZDWW (Zitiert Der Wahrheit Wegen) sagen. :)

Naja, Hochgestochen kann ich das auch schreiben, wollte aber das Englische genau wiedergeben.

ZOW...
I hate the State.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #285 on: April 02, 2009, 05:00:19 PM »

bahahaaa i didnt write that
Nice job editing on what i really wrote  ;)
This is The Positive Board. ;)

This thread will stay here as long as two rules are met......

1)   It stays Positive. :)

2)  It stays in English!!

Don't make me delete posts I can't read. ;D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #286 on: April 02, 2009, 08:51:41 PM »

Sorry about that, wasn't anything important anyway.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2009, 12:01:20 AM »

No problem! We want to create good karma!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #288 on: April 03, 2009, 12:43:54 AM »
IMO that's because there is no method. The project mentality of meditation is a construct of the ego.

true in a sense, but your ego may still only repond to a specific type of meditation. Or perhaps i should say all will work eventually to focus the mind and achieve no thoughts, but some would allow you to obtain it quicker because its specifically how you work.

what we can agree on is the effects proper mediation brings, as there are many of the same descriptions of each stage.

meditation is hard  :(
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: April 03, 2009, 12:45:47 AM »
All of those figures with the exception PERHAPS of Mohammed were likely fictitious. Yes, I have done meditation for a while. Difficult stuff.

you have no proof of this.
'Jewish' is a near impossible thing to define.

not for me - someone who practices judaism is jewish.

175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: April 03, 2009, 12:54:44 AM »
true in a sense, but your ego may still only repond to a specific type of meditation. Or perhaps i should say all will work eventually to focus the mind and achieve no thoughts, but some would allow you to obtain it quicker because its specifically how you work.

what we can agree on is the effects proper mediation brings, as there are many of the same descriptions of each stage.

Acutally i liked it a lot. Recently i stopped and couldn't motivate myself to go to the Zen Dojo though.

But i did it quite some time, 45mins sitting, then 10mins walking meditation and then 45mins again. Felt like a newborn everytime after it.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: April 03, 2009, 01:06:25 AM »
Acutally i liked it a lot. Recently i stopped and couldn't motivate myself to go to the Zen Dojo though.

But i did it quite some time, 45mins sitting, then 10mins walking meditation and then 45mins again. Felt like a newborn everytime after it.

i seem to have went backward, when i first started i focussed on the breath and i felt great, i had a wave of energy start from my feet and move up to my chest, but i panicked everytime it got close to my neck, and came out quick - i don't know why.

i also got strange pulsating hard-ons  :-\

now i can't quiet my mind at al, every little thought pops in there when i try.

i think i want it too much, and i'm trying to force it ( a big no no) while my best results were when i was just experimenting to se if it really did anything i.e. no expectations.

there is a large Tibetan Buddhist monastery here in scotland called samye ling, i will have to go sometime for guidance.

175lbs by 31st July

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: April 03, 2009, 01:22:34 AM »
you should always meditate in a group as a beginner. Makes it much easier.

Plus, you should just sit. Focusing on your breath is fine, but it should be mere counting to ten to calm your mind. At least, that's the Zen approach, other buddhist schools meditate over Mandala or Sutra texts, which is not so bad as well after all.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #293 on: April 03, 2009, 03:21:40 AM »

Yes meditation brings a lot of "effects". Very strange sensations can arise. But that's all irrelevant in the end IMO. You can have the most amazing out-of-body experiences, visions of other worlds, lucent dreams, even manage to quiet your mind completely for some time and still remain completely unaware in your every day life.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #294 on: April 04, 2009, 10:58:13 PM »
Over the past few years i have owned many a getbigger, some great some not so great.

I have attacked most who disagree with anything i say, and been ruthless in my anger.

I now realise i am so far in peoples heads, it is upsetting them on a personal level.

However i would like to say i am aware of this, and will try from this moment on to be nicer to everyone.

I believe in Karma, and although i try to be nice always - i have failed too many times.

So this is my official apology, sorry for any offence caused.

I would like to extend my help and advices to anyone who needs or asks.

Take care

Fatpanda

you're right, getbig is FAMOUS for people ripping each other apart, being nice has much better karma
it was coming to a point where i would go out of my way to be an asshole just to fit into to the online "getbig image"

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #295 on: April 05, 2009, 12:51:27 AM »
you're right, getbig is FAMOUS for people ripping each other apart, being nice has much better karma
it was coming to a point where i would go out of my way to be an asshole just to fit into to the online "getbig image"

yip, if i'm honest thats what i liked most about getbig, the ruthless ownings of pros, and everyone else, but like you say you do it yourself and realise sometimes it goes too far i.e. da's grandfather, squads address, candy's mom, the coaches kid, seva's paedo pictures , insulting the women here etc  :-X

there is no doubt you were one of the best at winding people up, i found you both incredibly annoying and funny with your multiple gimmicks.

however all is forgiven AXA, as i hope you forgive me.

we can start fresh here and now.  8)
175lbs by 31st July

ASJChaotic

« Reply #296 on: April 05, 2009, 08:13:24 AM »
yip, if i'm honest thats what i liked most about getbig, the ruthless ownings of pros, and everyone else, but like you say you do it yourself and realise sometimes it goes too far i.e. da's grandfather, squads address, candy's mom, the coaches kid, seva's paedo pictures , insulting the women here etc  :-X

there is no doubt you were one of the best at winding people up, i found you both incredibly annoying and funny with your multiple gimmicks.

however all is forgiven AXA, as i hope you forgive me.

we can start fresh here and now.  8)

ofcourse my friend 
you smell that? it's the smell of a new era in getbig  .... accomodated by the smell of protein farts from all the members ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #297 on: April 05, 2009, 11:12:15 AM »
It's all irrelevant drivel anyway as long as only egos are talking, which is the case in this thread of course.
Anyone who thinks he has 'got' it, is in fact an ego who has turned 'it' into an ideology to build himself up.
"always search for the truth, but run from those who say they have found it"

hmmmm

i agree and disagree. if "enlightenment" does exist, then it must be possible to attain.

or are you saying that its possible to attain, just not possible to speak about ?  :D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #298 on: April 05, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
"always search for the truth, but run from those who say they have found it"

hmmmm

i agree and disagree. if "enlightenment" does exist, then it must be possible to attain.

or are you saying that its possible to attain, just not possible to speak about ?  :D

It's possible to speak about it but only in pointers. You can e.g. have two statements about awakening that totaly oppose each other and are still both true if they manage to break through the layers of our thinking mind and point us to the truth.

One example is "awakening can be attained" vs. "awakening cannot be attained". Your logic does not take into account that what the mind believes to know about "existence" has nothing to do with the "existence of enlightenment". One could say, since for the thinking mind, awakening cannot exist, it can also not be attained by it.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #299 on: April 05, 2009, 11:48:38 AM »
well i think your acually speaking about enlightenment here, not just in the one way that you are detailing about the way in which its possible to speak about enlightenment (two contradictory phrases which are both true) , but by doing so.....your actually inform about the state of enlightement, beyond just telling me in which way one can talk about it.

however, then again, if you can only speak about enlightenment through showing two opposing things which are both true (which is what you said), then your above writing can not be accurate about enlightenment, since it deviates from that set path which you said is the only possible way to speak on the subject matter.

maybe this is why monks are always quiet.  ;D