Author Topic: I'd like to say sorry to getbig  (Read 36465 times)

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
Re: I'd like to say sorry to getbig
« Reply #300 on: April 05, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »
well i think your speaking about it here, but not just in the one way you just described. your details here about the way in which its possible to speak about enlightenment, actually inform about the state of enlightement, beyond just telling me thats you can talk about it in just one way.

however, then again, if you can only speak about enlightenment through showing two opposing things which are both true, then your above writing can not be accurate about enlightenment, since it deviates from that set path which you said is the oly possible way to spak on the subject matter.

I must honestly say that I didn't understand one word of that paragraph, can you rephrase?

maybe this is why monks are always quiet.  ;D

IMO most monks who are quiet, are quiet because their ego tells them that it will bring them closer to the truth.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #301 on: April 05, 2009, 12:04:12 PM »
there, i edited my post, so now it should make a bit more sense.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #302 on: April 05, 2009, 12:13:54 PM »
there, i edited my post, so now it should make a bit more sense.

Excuse me I'm a little slow today, but I guess what you're saying is that my explanation attempt would have to fall into the same category as any other explanation (which has an opposing one), and I agree. My statements are either 100% a construct of my ego or just parroting of something I read. I'm of course included in my original statement about the irrelevant drivel in his thread.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #303 on: April 05, 2009, 12:18:40 PM »
Excuse me I'm a little slow today, but I guess what you're saying is that my explanation attempt would have to fall into the same category as any other explanation (which has an opposing one), and I agree. My statements are either 100% a construct of my ego or just parroting of something I read. I'm of course included in my original statement about the irrelevant drivel in his thread.

your explanation would fall into that category,

you explained a way in which you could explain enlightenment

and in doing so, you explained enlightenment in a different way

by giving details about a way in which a person could speak abotu enlightenment without involving ego, i am given more clues as to the real nature of enlightenment

now about enlightenment.... i think its achievable but i dont know if its possile to have it permanently

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #304 on: April 05, 2009, 12:20:05 PM »
i'm confused by your post too candy  > :(

buddha spoke about others who have attained enlightenment - he said many decide not to talk about what they have discovered, both because they know they could never explain it properly, and because once you realise the truth you think on another level of sorts. Also some simply decide to end the cycle of births and death right away.

budha chose to try to educate and guide others.  :)
175lbs by 31st July

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #305 on: April 05, 2009, 12:32:25 PM »
i really dont know anything about buddah or buddism, other than the fact i have a buddist t shirt i got in a thrift shop in davis that i like to wear, and also if anybody ask my reilgion i say zen buddism.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #306 on: April 05, 2009, 12:37:42 PM »
your explanation would fall into that category,

you explained a way in which you could explain enlightenment

and in doing so, you explained enlightenment in a different way

by giving details about a way in which a person could speak abotu enlightenment without involving ego, i am given more clues as to the real nature of enlightenment

now about enlightenment.... i think its achievable but i dont know if its possile to have it permanently

It's only true awakening if it's permanent. Everything else is only an emotional outburst where the "enlightenment" is gone as soon as the emotion that comes with it is gone. However, awakening means nothing else than to realize that we are enligtened beeings all the way. If someone awakens, he is an enlightened beeing for his whole life, "before" and "after" his awakening. It comes with the realization that there is in fact no such thing as past and future and therefore it would be ridiculous to talk about when you are (have been) awake and when not.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: April 05, 2009, 12:41:52 PM »
i really dont know anything about buddah or buddism, other than the fact i have a buddist t shirt i got in a thrift shop in davis that i like to wear, and also if anybody ask my reilgion i say zen buddism.

you should read up on it candy, i think you will like what you read. many truths become apparent once you understand the 4 noble truths.

It's only true awakening if it's permanent. Everything else is only an emotional outburst where the "enlightenment" is gone as soon as the emotion that comes with it is gone. However, awakening means nothing else than to realize that we are enligtened beeings all the way. If someone awakens, he is an enlightened beeing for his whole life, "before" and "after" his awakening. It comes with the realization that there is in fact no such thing as past and future and therefore it would be ridiculous to talk about when you are (have been) awake and when not.

i disagree wave, i've never read or heard that regarding time. quite the opposite in fact, buddha spoke about past lives, and karma in those past lives. he also spoke of his time before enlightenment i.e. past tense.
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #308 on: April 05, 2009, 12:45:47 PM »
i disagree wave, i've never read or heard that regarding time. quite the opposite in fact, buddha spoke about past lives, and karma in those past lives. he also spoke of his time before enlightenment i.e. past tense.

That's the thing with spiritual scripture, the mind wants to take it literally.
Quite obviously, one can only be awake at one single moment, the now. It's the only moment our whole life happens in.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #309 on: April 05, 2009, 02:12:00 PM »
That's the thing with spiritual scripture, the mind wants to take it literally.
Quite obviously, one can only be awake at one single moment, the now. It's the only moment our whole life happens in.

sometimes you should take it literally  ;)
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #310 on: April 05, 2009, 02:22:01 PM »
sometimes you should take it literally  ;)

Well maybe you're right. As I said, all drivel anyway.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #311 on: April 06, 2009, 02:10:25 AM »
Well maybe you're right. As I said, all drivel anyway.
:o  :(  :'(
175lbs by 31st July

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #312 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:57 AM »
ofcourse my friend 
you smell that? it's the smell of a new era in getbig  .... accomodated by the smell of protein farts from all the members ;D

Now for the record, am I your gimmick or not?
from incomplete data

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #313 on: April 08, 2009, 01:36:51 AM »
:o  :(  :'(

Sorry I was primarily referring to my own contributions. :)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2009, 01:40:08 AM »
Sorry I was primarily referring to my own contributions. :)

i value your contributions wave - they are always thought provoking  :)
175lbs by 31st July

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #315 on: April 08, 2009, 01:48:00 AM »
i value your contributions wave - they are always thought provoking  :)

that's the problem, enlightenment = no thought ;D

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #316 on: April 08, 2009, 01:49:34 AM »
 ;D see what i mean, another thought provoking post  ;D

you do realise you are stopping me reaching enlightenment  :(
175lbs by 31st July

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #317 on: May 16, 2009, 09:34:11 PM »
When will this stupid thread just die?

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #318 on: May 16, 2009, 10:07:27 PM »
When will this stupid thread just die?

what is this?!.. the last post before your post dd april 08 (about 40 days ago) so i believe your comment doesn't make any sense!!

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #319 on: May 16, 2009, 10:14:49 PM »
Over the past few years i have owned many a getbigger, some great some not so great.

I have attacked most who disagree with anything i say, and been ruthless in my anger.

I now realise i am so far in peoples heads, it is upsetting them on a personal level.

However i would like to say i am aware of this, and will try from this moment on to be nicer to everyone.

I believe in Karma, and although i try to be nice always - i have failed too many times.

So this is my official apology, sorry for any offence caused.

I would like to extend my help and advices to anyone who needs or asks.

Take care

Fatpanda
sorry

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #320 on: May 17, 2009, 01:12:17 AM »
what is this?!.. the last post before your post dd april 08 (about 40 days ago) so i believe your comment doesn't make any sense!!
Whenever I click the "show new replies to your posts" button, this is always near the top, but I usually just click on it then get out because I find the topic so boring.  Wish I never would have posted on it.  >:(

But good job on the detective work my Arab friend.  ;)

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #321 on: May 17, 2009, 01:20:54 AM »
Whenever I click the "show new replies to your posts" button, this is always near the top, but I usually just click on it then get out because I find the topic so boring.  Wish I never would have posted on it.  >:(

But good job on the detective work my Arab friend.  ;)

;D

BigKevinD

« Reply #322 on: May 17, 2009, 09:13:32 AM »
 :)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #323 on: May 17, 2009, 09:24:53 AM »
;D I'm stalking this guy. I've been posting these pics on every board thinking I was being funny, because he hurt my feelings and I'm quite the little bitch and can't let it go. :'(
:o
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MuscleKing

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #324 on: May 17, 2009, 09:50:12 AM »

Fat Panda is a bit obese, but he is a good man. Although the pictures are a bit funny of him. ;D Thanks for the laugh :)

x2