Author Topic: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?  (Read 123766 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: The ABBF is suspended by the IFBB : CORRUPTION ?
« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2009, 05:50:40 AM »
Well, Bob, how difficult would it be for an insider like you to spill the beans on why Chua and his gang were booted out of the IFBB for a year? If the allegations of contest fixing are true then an investigation should be carried out and placings rectified. They have done this in the Olympics re Marion Jones so why not in fixed bodybuilding contests?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2009, 05:51:47 AM »
did not know there are open and closed threads on this forum.  i'm a little concerned about someone telling a member when to "speak" and when not to.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #177 on: April 10, 2009, 05:57:19 AM »
Well, Bob, how difficult would it be for an insider like you to spill the beans on why Chua and his gang were booted out of the IFBB for a year? If the allegations of contest fixing are true then an investigation should be carried out and placings rectified. They have done this in the Olympics re Marion Jones so why not in fixed bodybuilding contests?

An investigation has already been carried out....thus the suspension of the ABBF/ Paul Chua.

As for placings...just how do you believe they should be restored?  Here is a new concept....competitors believing they should have won, or been "screwed" in a show...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2009, 06:05:53 AM »
What took the IFBB so long to do an investigation? In the meantime, they suspended Milos when Paul Chua should have been suspended. Milos has been suspended the whole time whereas Paul was doing business as usual in Asia for the last 3 years.

It is pointless discussing things with you. You illuminate nothing at all and usually use smoke to screen the crap the IFBB does.

If the IFBB knows that Paul Chua was corrupt then that has to be addressed and rectified. It is now not a matter of opinion or conjecture. Think about the athletes screwed out of titles and prize money. In some Asian championships the amount of money is substantial. Those who didn't deserve to win that money should have to return it or their organization should. Nothing else is fair. Those cheated out of that money should be awarded the titles and money.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2009, 06:13:10 AM »
What took the IFBB so long to do an investigation? In the meantime, they suspended Milos when Paul Chua should have been suspended. Milos has been suspended the whole time whereas Paul was doing business as usual in Asia for the last 3 years.

It is pointless discussing things with you. You illuminate nothing at all and usually use smoke to screen the crap the IFBB does.

If the IFBB knows that Paul Chua was corrupt then that has to be addressed and rectified. It is now not a matter of opinion or conjecture. Think about the athletes screwed out of titles and prize money. In some Asian championships the amount of money is substantial. Those who didn't deserve to win that money should have to return it or their organization should. Nothing else is fair. Those cheated out of that money should be awarded the titles and money.

Goddam Basile....almost laughable.

What took so long?  ANY investigation takes a long time, assuming it's done correctly.

Yes, Milos was suspended....for making allegations without proof (as it's been explained no less than 5 times) Why would Chua have been suspended at the time?

No shit it has to be addressed and rectified....WTF do you think they're doing by issuing a suspension?

As pointed out already (three times now to you)   there is no way to figure out who "should" have been awarded a title, not to say some who did win were not deserving....

Maybe we should just ASK the athletes who thinks they should have won, right?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2009, 06:32:35 AM »

As pointed out already (three times now to you)   there is no way to figure out who "should" have been awarded a title, not to say some who did win were not deserving....

Maybe we should just ASK the athletes who thinks they should have won, right?

International vice-president, Paul Graham, did exactly that in a Mr Australia contest I was judging in the early 1970s. Talk about a farce. Paul interfered with the judging so announced a tie and we rejudged the contest in the evening. They assumed we would vote exactly the same but I changed my vote to avoid Graham not counting it. Ted Matush won in the morning and at night. However, Frank Burwash as head judge said there was a tie. That wasn't possible with 5 judges but Graham didn't count a vote if it didn't agree with his assessment.

Graham foolishly recruited 3 additional judges and the 8 of us rejudged the contest. Amazingly there was now a real tie! What to do? There was bedlam. Paul favoured a competitor from Western Australia so tried to make it fair for him. Paul announced they would go by audience applause. Ted got the most but he had supporters in the audience so Paul didn't count that. So far Ted had won the title 3 times that day.

In total disbelief Paul announced that all the competitors including novices, teens and juniors should assemble at the rear of the Opera House to judge the contest. Ted won by a couple of votes.

What a total farce and shame to Paul Graham for his interference. He has no business promoting contests and then interfering with the judging. What happened during the prejudging was that I put Sonny Gloynes first because he had the best balance. Ted had the best legs and Robertson from Western Australia had the best upper body.

If there had been a tie when the bodybuilders judged I presume Paul would have recruited Opera House staff and perhaps the janitor to rejudge the contest!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2009, 06:36:11 AM »
I like how old folks just start telling long stories........ ;D
No doubt about it...

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2009, 06:41:39 AM »
International vice-president, Paul Graham, did exactly that in a Mr Australia contest I was judging in the early 1970s. Talk about a farce. Paul interfered with the judging so announced a tie and we rejudged the contest in the evening. They assumed we would vote exactly the same but I changed my vote to avoid Graham not counting it. Ted Matush won in the morning and at night. However, Frank Burwash as head judge said there was a tie. That wasn't possible with 5 judges but Graham didn't count a vote if it didn't agree with his assessment.

Graham foolishly recruited 3 additional judges and the 8 of us rejudged the contest. Amazingly there was now a real tie! What to do? There was bedlam. Paul favoured a competitor from Western Australia so tried to make it fair for him. Paul announced they would go by audience applause. Ted got the most but he had supporters in the audience so Paul didn't count that. So far Ted had won the title 3 times that day.

In total disbelief Paul announced that all the competitors including novices, teens and juniors should assemble at the rear of the Opera House to judge the contest. Ted won by a couple of votes.

What a total farce and shame to Paul Graham for his interference. He has no business promoting contests and then interfering with the judging. What happened during the prejudging was that I put Sonny Gloynes first because he had the best balance. Ted had the best legs and Robertson from Western Australia had the best upper body.

If there had been a tie when the bodybuilders judged I presume Paul would have recruited Opera House staff and perhaps the janitor to rejudge the contest!

Awesome....what does any of that have to do with what I just wrote, or the situation at hand?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2009, 06:42:11 AM »

Awesome....what does any of that have to do with what I just wrote, or the situation at hand?

;D
No doubt about it...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #184 on: April 10, 2009, 06:55:17 AM »
An investigation has already been carried out....thus the suspension of the ABBF/ Paul Chua.

As for placings...just how do you believe they should be restored?  Here is a new concept....competitors believing they should have won, or been "screwed" in a show...

How come no investigation was started when Milos began this vigil.  How come he got suspended right away.  Why did it take the IFBB 2 years to find out Milos was right then suspend Chua and still hasn't apologized or reinstated Milos.  Milos has a great base for a lawsuit against the IFBB for loss of funds and defamation of character.  Now that Milos has been right all along will you stand up for him and get him some type of public apology from the IFBB, Weider and also some type of financial compensation. 

And why do you make it sound like every competitor will come up and say they won.  Use the correct scorecards.  The people who won the money should not have to give it back either unless they were the actual ones involved with all this shit.  It isn't their fault the judges and the IFBB are crooked and thieves.  The IFBB and/or Chua needs to step up and financially reward the competitors who actually won each show. 

The apology from the IFBB and Weider needs to be on the cover of all the AMI magazines too.  A simple letter emailed to him is not enough.  The entire industry needs to have it put out there so everyone sees it.  If you need any help figuring this out I am sure Basile can handle it. ;)

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: April 10, 2009, 06:56:41 AM »
does anyone actually shit about asian amatuer bodybuilding?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2009, 06:57:57 AM »

I prefer the toilet........
No doubt about it...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2009, 07:05:24 AM »

No actually not many give a shit about bodybuilding anywhere but what it does prove is that the IFBB has been caught and more than likely this has happened before somewhere else. The Asian market is just the first one to be exposed. 

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2009, 07:09:45 AM »
basile is the type of a guy you would spot in a night club in a remote area of bangkok and when you look in his direction again he suddenly is gone like he never were there in first place.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2009, 07:29:25 AM »
Most of the flotsam here aren't past the intermediate stage re physique so I guess they have no idea what it is like to be cheated out of a placing because of corrupt officials, etc. It is bloody hard getting big enough to enter shows and then cut up to show some definition. All those years blasting away and you get shafted because someone else paid a bribe to win the show. That is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to all bodybuilders. Paul Chua has been running the Asian scene for decades. I have no idea what he has done but according to some reports, including Milos, it is corruption on a wide scale. Imagine being a bodybuilder in Asia? What hope is there that the best guys always win?

What is obvious here is that guys like Bob Chick are part of the problem and we cannot leave bodybuilding in their hands. Get rid of the corruption. Well, get rid of the whole damn organization and start again.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: April 10, 2009, 07:35:57 AM »
Most of the flotsam here aren't past the intermediate stage re physique so I guess they have no idea what it is like to be cheated out of a placing because of corrupt officials, etc. It is bloody hard getting big enough to enter shows and then cut up to show some definition. All those years blasting away and you get shafted because someone else paid a bribe to win the show. That is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to all bodybuilders. Paul Chua has been running the Asian scene for decades. I have no idea what he has done but according to some reports, including Milos, it is corruption on a wide scale. Imagine being a bodybuilder in Asia? What hope is there that the best guys always win?

What is obvious here is that guys like Bob Chick are part of the problem and we cannot leave bodybuilding in their hands. Get rid of the corruption. Well, get rid of the whole damn organization and start again.

How am I part of the problem, whn I have nothing to do with it?

Lets not forget...somewhere out there is a guy who took second place in the 1970 Mr. Canada who should have been first....you know...according to some reports.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #191 on: April 10, 2009, 07:39:57 AM »
Rusty Jeffers has been a good sport about not winning the Masters Pro contest not so long ago. Good one, there, Bob!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: April 10, 2009, 07:43:02 AM »
Rusty Jeffers has been a good sport about not winning the Masters Pro contest not so long ago. Good one, there, Bob!

Why wouldn't he be?  Even he doesn't think he should have won...top 5 perhaps

All you do is reinforse my point....EVERYONE thinks they should have won/ placed higher, etc.....it's not unique to the game.  Deciding a winner after the fact is ridiculous at best.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #193 on: April 10, 2009, 07:49:06 AM »
I have never heard anyone complain that they won a contest. However, lots of guys have been cheated out of titles. Clearly, if you won a contest then you can't be objective about who should have won your show. Got that, Bob?

I met Rusty in Melbourne. He was quite popular there with the fans.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #194 on: April 10, 2009, 07:50:56 AM »
w

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2009, 07:52:06 AM »
I have never heard anyone complain that they won a contest. However, lots of guys have been cheated out of titles. Clearly, if you won a contest then you can't be objective about who should have won your show. Got that, Bob?

Wow...never cease to amaze me....someone else want to explain it to this simpleton?

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »

He had a great moustache...

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2009, 08:11:49 AM »
We can go on for 10 more pages but Chick:

1 What do YOU think Milos' next step should be at this moment IF he wants to play by the rules and actually get somewhere with all of this?

2 What does he need to do to get reinstated? Does he have to wait for another meeting and voting of the members? Does he have to apply for reinstatement?

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2009, 08:15:27 AM »
Rusty Jeffers has been in tv commercials?  :D

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2009, 08:18:14 AM »
Rusty Jeffers has been in tv commercials?  :D

Looks great in that advert, good enough to win a show.