Author Topic: HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE THIS SITUATION?  (Read 10109 times)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
Re: HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE THIS SITUATION?
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2009, 12:40:30 PM »
:D

I was making a Kyomu reference - he had his pic in his avatar and "^ look like juicer? ^" written underneath it, some time ago. Try and keep up FFS >:(

You're treading on thin ice there buddy....
from incomplete data

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2009, 12:46:51 PM »
You're treading on thin ice there buddy....

Again the patliot tark without the knowledge. Read books and tark to me then kid.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2009, 01:10:11 PM »
I just read a story of a young kid who hung himself because bullies at school would constantly call him GAY and a VIRGIN.  He complained to his mom, his teachers etc... but nothing was done and he couldn't take it anymore and killed himself.

As a parent how would you handle this situation if your kid complained of bullies?  Do you take it seriously?  Do you really think it would or could drive your kid to suicide?  Do you find these bullies and bully them back?  Tough situation to deal with.  As a parent can you fight ever battle for your kid? The reality is that your kid spends more time at school than with you.

No one takes bullying seriously until it gets very ugly or ends in death.

Maintain a good rapport and talk to your child regularly about their social interactions.  If your child is being bullied get involved.  If it is happening at school inform the school (principal, guidance counselors, teachers) and the school district.  Meet with them in person and follow up your meetings with letters/emails that you save and can reproduce later if necessary.  If warranted, remind them that inaction by school officials elsewhere has resulted in suicide and/or lawsuits.

In other words you, as the parent, need to “bully” the school.  People respond to carrots and sticks.  When you make it clear to school officials that you are serious about protecting your child and that you will hold them accountable if things go wrong they will intervene.

Bullying can and does lead to suicide.  It can also lead to violent attacks by the victim against his tormentors. As a parent you can prevent this from happening, but you need to be in dialogue with your child and stay involved.

Left unchecked, kids who bully become adults who bully.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 01:22:46 PM »
This poor kid was 10.  How jacked can he get?  It's sad to think.  Kids are cruel little shits too.  They never think about the consequences.  More of the time the parents are to blame.  Shame on the Mom in not knowing how serious this was.

in all seriousness I have a 9 year old girl so i worry about this kind of thing a great deal. I ask my daughter all the time if anyone is messing with her and I check with her teachers on a regular basis.  Kids can be heartless little fucks I know because I was one.

INSOMNIA

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • we're all mad here
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 01:25:01 PM »

Maintain a good rapport and talk to your child regularly about their social interactions.  If your child is being bullied get involved.  If it is happening at school inform the school (principal, guidance counselors, teachers) and the school district.  Meet with them in person and follow up your meetings with letters/emails that you save and can reproduce later if necessary.  If warranted, remind them that inaction by school officials elsewhere has resulted in suicide and/or lawsuits.

In other words you, as the parent, need to “bully” the school.  People respond to carrots and sticks.  When you make it clear to school officials that you are serious about protecting your child and that you will hold them accountable if things go wrong they will intervene.

Bullying can and does lead to suicide.  It can also lead to violent attacks by the victim against his tormentors. As a parent you can prevent this from happening, but you need to be in dialogue with your child and stay involved.

excellent post! :)

ASJChaotic

« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2009, 01:26:28 PM »
I never got bullied in school .... no body dared   :)
I was always the guy who bullied the bullies lol  ;D
I learned to stand up for myself a long time ago, the only "bully" i ever had was in the first grade, he stole my hat
but i didn't say anything, i kept to myself, then he kept bothering me, I asked my dad if i could take action :D he approved and
the next day at recess the bully was in a head lock crying for his mommy  :D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 01:29:36 PM »

On the money Bay....i'm sure my kids teachers think i am a pain in the ass because i ask a lot of questions but fuck them, seriously...that's my kid.  And I'm not going to be one of those parents saying "gee everything seemed fine" when they find out what their child has been dealing with.

you have to stay actively engaged in your kids life, hell i like hanging around my chlid, she is funny as shit

ASJChaotic

« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2009, 01:31:01 PM »
On the money Bay....i'm sure my kids teachers think i am a pain in the ass because i ask a lot of questions but fuck them, seriously...that's my kid.  And I'm not going to be one of those parents saying "gee everything seemed fine" when they find out what their child has been dealing with.

you have to stay actively engaged in your kids life, hell i like hanging around my chlid, she is funny as shit

has she inherited your vocabulary bud?  ;D

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
has she inherited your vocabulary bud?  ;D

I don't think my daughter has ever heard me curse, i am always aware that little kids have big ears

ASJChaotic

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 01:37:49 PM »
I don't think my daughter has ever heard me curse, i am always aware that little kids have big ears

she doesn't need to hear you say it, the first things anybody learns when they learn a new language
is the bad words LOL  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »

This is slightly off topic but as a concerned parent why do you curse at all?  People often think they can flip a switch and behave a different/better way when children are present.  That is almost never true.  If you curse, I am willing to wager your daughter has heard it.  If you do not want your child to hear you curse then remove all such words from your diction.

We never heard foul language at home (because our parents never used it in public or private) and to this day none of the now grown children in my family curse.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2009, 01:52:11 PM »
I just read a story of a young kid who hung himself because bullies at school would constantly call him GAY and a VIRGIN.  He complained to his mom, his teachers etc... but nothing was done and he couldn't take it anymore and killed himself.

As a parent how would you handle this situation if your kid complained of bullies?  Do you take it seriously?  Do you really think it would or could drive your kid to suicide?  Do you find these bullies and bully them back?  Tough situation to deal with.  As a parent can you fight ever battle for your kid? The reality is that your kid spends more time at school than with you.
A weak individual dies. Its a golden rule of nature.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 01:53:19 PM »
This is slightly off topic but as a concerned parent why do you curse at all?  People often think they can flip a switch and behave a different/better way when children are present.  That is almost never true.  If you curse, I am willing to wager your daughter has heard it.  If you do not want your child to hear your curse then remove all such words from your diction.

We never heard foul language at home (because our parents never used it in public or private) and to this day none of the now grown children in my family curse.
I agree with that. There is no bigger turnoff than a woman who swears all the time. It just bothers me in general. It makes you sound dumb and uneducated. I'm not perfect, i let an f-bomb fly every now and again, but i know people that every other word they say is a swear. They sound ridiculous.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2009, 01:56:04 PM »
i know people that every other word they say is a swear. They sound ridiculous.

Unless it's

1) A fckuing Quentin Tarantino movie, in which case it's perfectly fckuing acceptable and sounds cool as fcuk 8)

or

2) It's Christian fckuing Bale, screaming his fckuing head off at some fckuing fcuk who fcuked up his fckuing scene

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 24, 2009, 01:59:32 PM »
Bullies tend to come from homes that are run by shitbag parents.

true

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 24, 2009, 02:00:57 PM »
Unless it's

1) A fckuing Quentin Tarantino movie, in which case it's perfectly fckuing acceptable and sounds cool as fcuk 8)

or

2) It's Christian fckuing Bale, screaming his fckuing head off at some fckuing fcuk who fcuked up his fckuing scene
OR A FVCKING DEREK ANTHONY POST YOU MOTHER FVKING #### HOMO!!!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: April 24, 2009, 02:03:42 PM »
This is slightly off topic but as a concerned parent why do you curse at all?  People often think they can flip a switch and behave a different/better way when children are present.  That is almost never true.  If you curse, I am willing to wager your daughter has heard it.  If you do not want your child to hear your curse then remove all such words from your diction.

Well i guess i must have some sort of weird discipline, Bay. because I completely switch gears when i am home, not that i curse like a sailor all the time anyway. Just because I drop F bombs like it's going out of style, and act like a juvenile here... doesn't translate into the real world. ;D

On the contrary when i speak to my child I use decidedly advanced vocabulary, because that's the way i want her to communicate. And it has worked like a charm

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #42 on: April 24, 2009, 02:07:36 PM »
OR A FVCKING DEREK ANTHONY POST YOU MOTHER FVKING #### HOMO!!!

AHAHAHAHHHAAAAA HATIZ LOL WY DONT U CUM C ME AT THE ANOLD AND SAY TO mY FAECE LMOA!!!!!!

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: April 24, 2009, 02:36:16 PM »
A weak individual dies. Its a golden rule of nature.
If he dies...He dies.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #44 on: April 24, 2009, 02:44:34 PM »
If he dies...He dies.
Exactly, The key is not changing the school. The people around him such as parents must educate him to be enough tough to survive in the society. The bad treat at the school is nothing comparing with surviving in the society.
What he needs is the education to be strong and overcome. Not changing the circumstance.

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2009, 02:56:58 PM »
give him a gun and a lot of ammunition and tell him he didn't get it from me.

jt
How's Eastern University?  :-\

StickStickly

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastard
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2009, 02:59:06 PM »
This is slightly off topic but as a concerned parent why do you curse at all?  People often think they can flip a switch and behave a different/better way when children are present.  That is almost never true.  If you curse, I am willing to wager your daughter has heard it.  If you do not want your child to hear you curse then remove all such words from your diction.

What about when you have 14 inchs of dripping hot midnight ebony steel running through your rear end?

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2009, 03:00:01 PM »
Buy the kid some juice, get him a hooker.

Problem solved
S

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2009, 03:07:08 PM »
im surprised this doesnt happen more often honestly, i remember some kids had it so bad, their lives must have been hell. kids can be truly heartless, evil little shits.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »
im surprised this doesnt happen more often honestly, i remember some kids had it so bad, their lives must have been hell. kids can be truly heartless, evil little shits.
I think when we were at the war or catastrophy or ancient world. We were way more strong.
"Waaaaa they called me i am gaaayy!!" gimme a break....... Litelary, GAY..
They didnt kill your dad and raped and killed your mom and sis like in Cosobo.And still those kids must keep on living there..