Author Topic: HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE THIS SITUATION?  (Read 10122 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: HOW WOULD YOU HANDLE THIS SITUATION?
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2009, 03:33:24 PM »
I think when we were at the war or catastrophy or ancient world. We were way more strong.
"Waaaaa they called me i am gaaayy!!" gimme a break....... Litelary, GAY..
They didnt kill your dad and raped and killed your mom and sis like in Cosobo.And still those kids must keep on living there..

I feel sorry for the kid and his family, don't get me wrong but I saw a show about young women surviving Auschwitz.  You didn't see them killing themselves, they fought hard to live.
S

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2009, 03:34:09 PM »
Simple solution here.  From a young age, I'd give him karate lessons and let him know, if anyone fucks with you, knock them the fuck out or at least try.
Kids don't stfu, unless you are violent.

Knock one guy out in your middle school/high school, the next 4 years will be a breeze. ;)
N

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2009, 03:46:51 PM »
I just read a story of a young kid who hung himself because bullies at school would constantly call him GAY and a VIRGIN.  He complained to his mom, his teachers etc... but nothing was done and he couldn't take it anymore and killed himself.

As a parent how would you handle this situation if your kid complained of bullies?  Do you take it seriously?  Do you really think it would or could drive your kid to suicide?  Do you find these bullies and bully them back?  Tough situation to deal with.  As a parent can you fight ever battle for your kid? The reality is that your kid spends more time at school than with you.

maybe i missed it but i'm surprised nobody has said it yet, get him involved in weight lifting or even mma ;D

seriously what else will improve the confidence of a kid getting bullied?  nothing makes a kid feel like a man by pumping iron or sparring in a ring

more often than not a kid gets bullied because he looks or comes off as weak, nobody bothers a person that looks like he can handle himself if necessary, not to mention the mental benefits of lifting or training like a fighter

outside of that what can you do?  beat up your kids bullies?  then you go to jail and deal with lawsuits

go to the principal and complain?  your kid will get bullied even more for being a 'tattle tail' and for not standing up to them himself

move him to a different school?  what makes you think the new school will be any different?  if the kid is physically and mentally weak at one school, he will be the same at another school

E

E

Campeon Del Mundo

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2009, 04:07:46 PM »
this never would have happened if he had bodybuilding in his life

That is one of the greatest statements ever said in the history of BB boards...seriously

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2009, 04:17:37 PM »
maybe i missed it but i'm surprised nobody has said it yet, get him involved in weight lifting or even mma ;D

seriously what else will improve the confidence of a kid getting bullied?  nothing makes a kid feel like a man by pumping iron or sparring in a ring

more often than not a kid gets bullied because he looks or comes off as weak, nobody bothers a person that looks like he can handle himself if necessary, not to mention the mental benefits of lifting or training like a fighter

outside of that what can you do?  beat up your kids bullies?  then you go to jail and deal with lawsuits

go to the principal and complain?  your kid will get bullied even more for being a 'tattle tail' and for not standing up to them himself

move him to a different school?  what makes you think the new school will be any different?  if the kid is physically and mentally weak at one school, he will be the same at another school

E

Good post. The parents should take action against the school, but they should also do whatever it takes to empower the kid. As long as the kid are an easy victim for bullies, the problem = not really solved.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2009, 05:35:08 PM »
I would tell him to post on getbig.  That will boost his self esteem. 

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2009, 05:56:56 PM »
I would've had him bully some "mothers of 3" for having kids and not choosing the jet-set lifestyle like dov does.

Boosted ego = problem solved.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »
i'd recommend plasmosis to the kid.
Deep Tissue Massage

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2009, 06:09:59 PM »
I'd scare the crap out of the bully kids by threatening to give their addresses to Basile.
Ron: "I am lazy."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2009, 06:12:06 PM »
i'd recommend plasmosis to the kid.

But what if the bully is on PlazmosisTM too?  Then you'd face the classic paradox of an irresistible force meeting an immovable object!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2009, 06:15:48 PM »
But what if the bully is on PlazmosisTM too?  Then you'd face the classic paradox of an irresistible force meeting an immovable object!

It won't happen, becuase as I mentioned before, Mexicans are the ultimate paradox, because they're super short yet excellent at drywalling.
Deep Tissue Massage

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2009, 06:34:02 PM »
"Sweep the leg.  Do you have a problem with that?"

Some good serious posts.  Building the kid's confidence from day 1 with good parenting and being involved in the child's life, dealing with the severity of the situation as it requires, etc.  There's no one size fits all answer to bullying at school but if this kid killed himself then no one did anything right for him.

Totally disagree with the natural selection/let the weak ones die nonsense posted here.  Hard to believe you guys really think the giant retarded kid should be allowed to wander into the advanced math class and crack all the skulls he wants.  ::)

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2009, 06:35:22 PM »
 problem is the fact that public school teachers = unionized. They have no incentive to do anything but not give a fuck despite that they are involved in a service and care profession. Get rid of the teachers' union and bingo! The teacher would then take a steel ruler and slam the shit out of the respective 'bully'

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2009, 06:38:53 PM »
Totally disagree with the natural selection/let the weak ones die nonsense posted here.  Hard to believe you guys really think the giant retarded kid should be allowed to wander into the advanced math class and crack all the skulls he wants.  ::)

What did you expect?  We're meathead bodybuilders, not limp-wristed Mensa alums, duh!  ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2009, 06:47:09 PM »
Yes.  Mongo smash!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2009, 06:51:15 PM »
Bullies tend to come from homes that are run by shitbag parents.
QFT

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2009, 07:02:50 PM »
Talk to the school/teachers firstly so that they know that it's happening.  If you pick your kids up from school, you might be able to have a word with the parents of the bully.  Most important is teaching your kid how to stand up for himself and not allow himself to be bullied.  Bullies will pick on the quiet, easy targets.  Even if you get your ass kicked, standing up for yourself, shouting back, or telling the teachers every time it happens, will soon stop the bullies, and they'll go look for easier prey.

If all else fails, get him a TapOut t-shirt.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2009, 01:04:16 AM »
HOW WOULD THE SPARTANS HAVE HANDLED THIS SITUATION?!

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2009, 01:39:57 AM »
When asked why I don't want kids, I respond..."Having a child is THE most important responsibility that a person can take on and I don't want that responsibility".....these dipshit "parents" look at me like I said something wrong! UNBELIEVABLE!

QFT and your other post as well.  People are having kids because it's the next step, rather than because they think it's the right thing to do.

On a slightly different note, I'm all for adoption.  Way too many kids out there with no parents to be mindlessly filling the world with new kids-everyone should be allowed to have their own kids, but it would be really nice to see adoption be a real option in more people's minds.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2009, 01:42:58 AM »
And word about getting the kid into something that builds confidence.  That's problem number 2: kids that don't do anything are like adults that don't do anything, lame ducks.  No shit they have low confidence; the things we do are tools to gain greater confidence and understanding-they're just paths to these greater truths. 

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2009, 02:08:28 AM »
HOW WOULD THE SPARTANS HAVE HANDLED THIS SITUATION?!

They would have stayed at home and left the fighting to the Athenians, just like always.

Lucky Lance

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2009, 03:14:07 AM »
Guys, can we please keep in mind that a 10-year old child died and there are grieving parents and family involved?  Although this is the G & O board, we could do without the G stuff on this particular thread -- seriously.  To have to bury your own child must be the most horrible feeling ever -- something my uncle had to do a few months ago.

There are some people who have posted on this thread that I have some respect for based on their accomplishments, but still disagree with their particular opinion on this particular subject.  But that's OK -- everyone's entitled to their own opinion. 

Being a father of two young ones myself and also being somewhat bullied in my younger years, I have a different perspective than some others here.  My parents allowed me to discover what I enjoyed doing, got good at it, my self-esteem was boosted because of it, developed a great group of close friends that appreciated me for me, and that's all that mattered even despite the slight bullying attempts here and there because of my ethnicity and my lack of size at that age.

Now as an adult, despite being over a 110 lbs. heavier than when I graduated from high school, I can still empathize with the kids who get bullied.  But I also know that had the parents instilled in their children an early sense of self-worth from day one, regardless of any type of name-calling or other actions a few random punks might throw at them, that these children would be able to handle it and not give them the attention that these punks are craving.

spinnis

« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2009, 03:19:35 AM »
I would have slapped my kid for bitching about it and not Doing anything about it.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2009, 03:31:49 AM »
I would have slapped my kid for bitching about it and not Doing anything about it.

Ok Swede!, I'm sure you would make a great father.
from incomplete data

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2009, 03:33:59 AM »
Ok Swede!, I'm sure you would make a great father.
that's what he'd like done to him right now