Author Topic: .  (Read 34172 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Day 1 of the Diet starts Tomorrrow!!
« Reply #125 on: May 23, 2009, 04:13:07 PM »
No disrespect for SimplyHuge, he has his method down for getting in shape, that's all that counts in the end. No need to quarrel about details.

Oberschlichter. ;)
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #126 on: May 23, 2009, 04:57:30 PM »
can we see some "results" of the wavelength diet principles? 

post some full body pics wavelength?  full body.  legs and all.

Why don't you believe him?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #127 on: May 23, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »
can we see some "results" of the wavelength diet principles? 
post some full body pics wavelength?  full body.  legs and all.

What's your point? I said multiple times that my current weight is low due to injuries.
That doesn't change the results of scientific studies and my experience regarding relative body composition change.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #128 on: May 23, 2009, 05:05:37 PM »
based on what ive read, it doesnt make much sense, so i would like to see the results.

What doesn't make sense about it? ???

I have been using the WLDP; it works.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #129 on: May 23, 2009, 06:41:50 PM »
post ANY full body pics from any time period... 
your experiments?  post before and after photos from those experiments?

I can't provide such photos since I have not taken comparative full body shots. On my last cut, I lost weight with a ratio of about 9:1 for fat loss vs. muscle loss, which was the best ratio I ever had on a cut. I only watched protein, essential nutrients, and rate of weight loss on that cut and above that ate whatever I wanted.

But as I said, I have not critizised your method, it obviously works and it surely follows all essential rules for optimal body composition.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #130 on: May 23, 2009, 06:48:20 PM »

post ANY full body pics from any time period... 

your experiments?  post before and after photos from those experiments?

I will in time.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #131 on: May 23, 2009, 06:48:56 PM »
fair enough.  i still dont see the science behind it, but if it works for you then great.

Can you name scientific studies which prove that as long as the mentioned 3 rules (protein, rate of weight loss, essential nutrients) are followed, any other details of the diet would have a significant effect on body composition? I would be really interested in this case.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #132 on: May 23, 2009, 06:52:14 PM »
Can you name scientific studies which prove that as long as the mentioned 3 rules (protein, rate of weight loss, essential nutrients) are followed, any other details of the diet would have a significant effect on body composition? I would be really interested in this case.

Don't worry. The gospel of WLDP is spreading everywhere.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2009, 01:20:34 AM »
insulin response can effect weight gain or loss.  if you take in a lot of simple carbohydrates and do not burn them off immediately, then the spiked insulin gets stored as fat.  your body will use what it can of the energy you take in at that time, but the rest will be stored as fat, which is more work you will have to do to lose the fat that you just put on.  unlike other sources of energy, such as "fat", "protein", and "complex carbs", which give energy slower and over time, simple carbs are either used or stored.

I know the "high GI = insulin = fat" theory but to my knowledge there are no studies on body composition that would prove insulin release patterns have any significant effect on body composition as long as the aforementioned rules are followed.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2009, 04:16:38 AM »
I know the "high GI = insulin = fat" theory but to my knowledge there are no studies on body composition that would prove insulin release patterns have any significant effect on body composition as long as the aforementioned rules are followed.

How did the original non-WLDP originate threefold master? ??? How were the myths created and spread?
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2009, 09:03:23 AM »
???  energy cannot be created or destroyed.  when you spike insulin (i.e. energy), then you either USE it, or you STORE it.  It doesnt just disappear.  So eating a meal that is high in simple carbs can cause fat storage, which will be fat you just have to diet more to lose. 

If you have a caloric deficit, you won't store fat.
I hate the State.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2009, 09:10:46 AM »
If you have a caloric deficit, you won't store fat.
correct in the long term, but insulin will shunt fatty acids into your fat cells thus making it less availble as an energy source.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2009, 09:11:53 AM »
correct in the long term, but insulin will shunt fatty acids into your fat cells thus making it less availble as an energy source.

Irrelevant for body composition...when you have a deficit

wavelength threefold master approved
I hate the State.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2009, 09:13:11 AM »
Btw, it is actually good to spike insulin post workout along with consuming 50g of whey proteins, as the insulin will push the amino acids and glucose out of the bloodstream into the depleted muscles, however if the muscles are full then it is far more likely that the nutrients will be delivered to fat cells..
so post/during workout is only sensible time to consume high sugar carbohydrates like dextrose.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2009, 09:19:23 AM »
::)

read some books instead of just relying on wavelengths word...

there are a lot of books on how insulin affects fat gain (atkins, etc.)

one book i recommend for some thought is "nutrient timing"  there is some useful info in this book to be gained.  

I have read tons of books and had long been a subscriber to the low carb philosophy.

Aktins also claimed that you could eat as much fat and protein as you want and not get fat=false.

I am using WLPD and I am dropping weight. I just pay attention total protein intake and calories. That's it.

If your maintenance is 2000 and you consistently consume 1500 calories, are you saying you can't get lean if you don't follow low carb?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »
???  energy cannot be created or destroyed.  when you spike insulin (i.e. energy), then you either USE it, or you STORE it.  It doesnt just disappear.  So eating a meal that is high in simple carbs can cause fat storage, which will be fat you just have to diet more to lose.

If you follow the rules, body composition will be optimal. You won't store any fat while you are in a deficit. Alan Aragon, one of the best nutritionists put it like this:

"Also note that I no longer give a damn about GI, it doesn't really make a difference one way or another. If you want high GI carbs pre and/or during training, go for it. As time has passed, GI has proven itself to be a worthless, irrelevant index."

read some books instead of just relying on wavelengths word...
there are a lot of books on how insulin affects fat gain (atkins, etc.)
one book i recommend for some thought is "nutrient timing"  there is some useful info in this book to be gained.

I would recommend reading book by authors who actually rely on scientific studies and know how to interpret them. Atkins is not one of them.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2009, 09:29:20 AM »
If you follow the rules, body composition will be optimal. You won't store any fat while you are in a deficit. Alan Aragon, one of the best nutritionists put it like this:

"Also note that I no longer give a damn about GI, it doesn't really make a difference one way or another. If you want high GI carbs pre and/or during training, go for it. As time has passed, GI has proven itself to be a worthless, irrelevant index."

I would recommend reading book by authors who actually rely on scientific studies and know how to interpret them. Atkins is not one of them.

As I said Atkins went on record for saying you could eat as much fat and protein as you want without gaining weight.
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »

What a farse  ::)....Read what he said about WHEN you could have high GI carbs.  PRE and DURING workouts!  when the simple carbs will either be USED as energy, or stored as GLYCOGEN in the muscles!  Why doesnt he say, "Hey, eat some twinkies at midnight right before bed.  those simple carbs wont do a thing!"   

Just another myth, eating carbs at midnight. Ask Alan about it, if you want to know the truth.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2009, 09:31:15 AM »

What a farse  ::)....Read what he said about WHEN you could have high GI carbs.  PRE and DURING workouts!  when the simple carbs will either be USED as energy, or stored as GLYCOGEN in the muscles!  Why doesnt he say, "Hey, eat some twinkies at midnight right before bed.  those simple carbs wont do a thing!"   

If you have a maintenance level of 2000 calories and stick to say 1500 a day and for most of the day you have 1000 and then before you go to bed you have some twinkies for 500, are you saying that regardless of the deficit, you won't lose weight?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2009, 09:38:00 AM »
ive read plenty of books WL, and i dont put all my eggs in one basket but try to gather from many sources what is best.  you have probably never read the Atkins book, but will act as if you know it is "bad".  

since you are going to continue to keep this argument alive, post up that full body shot any time your ready.  id like to see some results of this WL diet principles.  before and after shots too.  You probably lost a whole whopping 5 lbs and claim it was a 9:1 fat to muscle loss.  post some pics to back up these BS claims.

I have read the book. Most of his claims have been debunked by scientific studies.

There are plenty of full body shots of Ronnie Coleman. He doesn't eat any vegetables or fruit ever. He is twice my size. What does this prove: nothing.

I lost 15 lbs on my last cut and 1.5 lbs of it was muscle. What I can provide are these shots:

Before:

After:

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »
I have read the book. Most of his claims have been debunked by scientific studies.

There are plenty of full body shots of Ronnie Coleman. He doesn't eat any vegetables or fruit ever. He is twice my size. What does this prove: nothing.

I lost 15 lbs on my last cut and 1.5 lbs of it was muscle. What I can provide are these shots:

Before:

After:

That grainy Dorain look... :P
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »
Any diet that has calories lower than expendatures will cause weight loss.  BUT you can gain weight even when in a caloric deficit.  Pay attention here and you will get it.

That is wrong. If you think otherwise, please provide scientific evidence.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2009, 09:44:26 AM »
Any diet that has calories lower than expendatures will cause weight loss.  BUT you can gain weight even when in a caloric deficit.  Pay attention here and you will get it. 

Your body will ONLY use what it NEEDS NOW.  if you eat 1000 calories from simple carbs right before bed, and your body at that moment only needed 100 carbs to keep running, then the rest will be stored as FAT.  You may have lost weight throughout the day because you only ate 500 calories, but you are adding weight at night by taking in energy which cannot be used, but must be stored.  just because your body needs 2000 to maintain, doesnt mean you can eat 2000 at once, and it will USE all 2000 calories.  It will use what it NEEDS AT THAT MOMENT, and STORE the rest. 

You can still lose weight doing this, but is by no means optimal for fat loss and muscle retention.

Part of WLDP is making sure you get about 2g of protein in per kg of bodyweight.
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2009, 09:46:13 AM »

deicide, you are a true sheep my friend.  

Ask Wavelength, I used to fight him on this until I tried it myself. I disagree with him about lots of other stuff.
I hate the State.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2009, 09:52:55 AM »

Your body will ONLY use what it NEEDS NOW.  if you eat 1000 calories from simple carbs right before bed, and your body at that moment only needed 100 carbs to keep running, then the rest will be stored as FAT.  You may have lost weight throughout the day because you only ate 500 calories, but you are adding weight at night by taking in energy which cannot be used, but must be stored.  just because your body needs 2000 to maintain, doesnt mean you can eat 2000 at once, and it will USE all 2000 calories.  It will use what it NEEDS AT THAT MOMENT, and STORE the rest. 

You can still lose weight doing this, but is by no means optimal for fat loss and muscle retention.

Read up on de novo lipogenesis. Does it occur readily in humans?

And nutrient timing is by and large a bunch of bullshit. Training on an empty stomach isn't ideal and eating after training is good for muscle retention but if you aren't a total retard the amount of calories, as long as sufficient protein is taken in, is going to determine weight/fat loss.

You can gain weight on a calorie deficit? That's some twilight zone shit right there.

If we are going to talk about pics to prove our points then look at Serge Nubret. Claimed to eat all his calories in ONE meal at night.