Author Topic: another new exercise-shoulders  (Read 931 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
another new exercise-shoulders
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:39:39 PM »
okay i did this one today, super nice pain in the delts.

standing facing a pulley with a rope attachement, grab the rop palms facing eachother in front of you, thumbs pointing towards your forehead... keep your arms straight and pull the rops back over the top of your head...then release it forward, then pull it back again... all the while keeping arms straight not bending at the elbows.... this is all delts... super nice burn in themm...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: another new exercise-shoulders
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 04:49:55 PM »
okay i did this one today, super nice pain in the delts.

standing facing a pulley with a rope attachement, grab the rop palms facing eachother in front of you, thumbs pointing towards your forehead... keep your arms straight and pull the rops back over the top of your head...then release it forward, then pull it back again... all the while keeping arms straight not bending at the elbows.... this is all delts... super nice burn in themm...

Kinda like a front delt raise...

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 05:04:24 PM »
Kinda like a front delt raise...
yes, i was doing seated dumbell front raises when i came up with the idea. i wasx getting the best contraction at the top of the lift, but i wasnt getting much tension because it was free weight. and i instantly thought about an exercise where i could start the lift from the top of the movement and contract ffrom there, and inbetween sets i was stretching my arms back pretending i was doing it... then i thought of using the pulleys for it..and BOOOM new exercise..

it works great

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 08:22:48 AM »
Actually this is a half anterior delt, half trap exercise, with a little bit of upper pec thrown in. The traps take most of the work load once the front (or side) raises are higher than shoulder level. The exercise mentions is just the DB front raises modified a bit. Cable, rope, EZ bar or what even, it's still is a version of the old front raise. If wanting to include the traps than raise overhead. May also have to have a slight bent to the elbows to relieve any joint stress on this extension movement. On most extension exercises you do.

For you outstanding shoulder burn fans: Would have more tension with the front raise (also the lateral raise) if a pair of DB's (for example) were raised shoulder height and than brought back (still shoulder high) to the sides, like a lateral raise position. Held for a count of 2 and than brought back to the front and lowered to the front starting position. Do all of these reps slowly.This works well with a pair of cable handles also. Extreme pump, if that is what you want. Good Luck.
F