Author Topic: Best jobs for the future based on current conditions?  (Read 34798 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Best jobs for the future based on current conditions?
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2009, 10:18:07 AM »
No, I still don't know them, even if I read about them on the Internet.  And this is exactly how the people I do know got ripped off by this industry, spending money on books like this. 

They were asked to pay for their own training and marketing materials, to buy a significant amount of inventory, and to pay to go listen to motivational speakers make exaggerated income and success claims about this industry.

BINGO! 

This is how the MLM industry survives, on the participants, not the purchasers of these over priced garbage products.   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2009, 10:29:17 AM »
They are smarter than you Jag.  They got you to buy the book and will make more $$$ from you knowing you seek validation of MLM.     

{LOL} Actually I'm glad I did. MaryAnn was flying to Toronto, and we asked her to speak at a meeting.
Then at the last minute, I thought to myself... "Oh My GAWD! She's probably gonna be pushing her book!"  :o
I figured I'd better read it before she got here, ...just in case she started pushing it to my downline. That way I could tell them whether I considered it even worth the paper it was printed on. It most definitely was! In fact, I was more than a little annoyed at myself that I hadn't read it earlier. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »
She claimed it was over 170 and after getting called out on it by Tapper, she then claimed she was "mistaken" and said it was 160. Someone then pointed out that Einstein had an estimated IQ of 160 and has since avoided the topic every time it comes up. She sure is quick to tell you how smart she is in every thread, though.  ::)

How soon before you have me claiming to have a 190 IQ?  200 IQ or even 210 IQ?

For everyone else, the record, for some unknown reason, McFarland asked me out of the blue what my IQ was about 4 years ago. He told me he estimated it at 155. I informed him he was close, but was off by 5 points; it was 160,
...and that I thought the number was really no big deal, completely irrelevant, and not meaning a darned thing. Infact, the number was so meaningless to me, that the only way I remember it, is because it was the bare minimum cut off point to be classified in the genius category. 1 point lower, and I wouldn't have made it.

I never thought anything of it since. Apparently, McFarland was discussing me with Bast, because one day, a few months later, Bast blurted out of nowhere that McFarland had told him I claimed to have a 160 IQ.

It was infact Beach Bum who pointed out to me that Einstein had a 160 IQ. At the same time he posted a chart that showed the 140 as the starting point for the genius category.

I do not consider myself to be as brilliant as Einstein, and based on the chart Beach Bum showed, I immediately assumed I had been mistaken, and that my IQ was actually 140, not 160, because I found it difficult to believe that I could have the same IQ as Einstein. So, I revised my statement, backing off from the 160 claim. Upon further checking, I discovered that I was indeed correct the first time, and that my IQ is infact 160, ...so, with tail between my legs, and knowing how much more I would be razzed, I came back and stated that I was mistaken, and that it was indeed 160 afterall.

160 may be considered the 'genius' level, but it doesn't take a genius to know that sharing the same IQ # with someone else, doesn't automatically make you as intelligent as them. If I happen to share the same IQ as Einstein, it doesn't mean I am as intelligent as him, or even that I consider myself to even be in the same league as him. It merely means I have the same potential for intelligence as Einstein, ...although clearly not as developed.  :-\ 

It's kind of like MLM. Everyone has the same potential, ...although some have developed theirs better than others. 
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #78 on: May 22, 2009, 02:36:45 PM »
You're lying through your teeth again Judy.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 22, 2009, 02:52:25 PM »
No, I still don't know them, even if I read about them on the Internet.  And this is exactly how the people I do know got ripped off by this industry, spending money on books like this. 

They were asked to pay for their own training and marketing materials, to buy a significant amount of inventory, and to pay to go listen to motivational speakers make exaggerated income and success claims about this industry.

I think I know what company your friend was in.  :'(
I can see where it could have left such a bitter taste in your mouth.

In all fairness to them though, despite the perverse internal practices of that company, and I do think some of the things that have gone on with them is perverse, ...they had no blue print to follow. There was no one who had blazed a trail for them. The had to cut the path through the wilderness themselves. They made mistakes along the way, and by the time those errors were apparent, it was too late to change it. If 2 people start walking in the same general direction, ...except one person is walking at a slightly different angle, ...you may not notice it at first, ...but overtime, and over a large enough distance, they're going to end up in 2 completely different places. Fortunately, we have the benefit of examining that company, seeing what they did right, ...and seeing where they made mistakes in judgement.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 22, 2009, 02:53:26 PM »

I'm not the liar here.
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #81 on: May 22, 2009, 03:20:03 PM »
I'm not the liar here.

You claim to have good bbing genetics. You are black. I believe you.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #82 on: May 23, 2009, 08:02:05 AM »
I think I know what company your friend was in.  :'(
I can see where it could have left such a bitter taste in your mouth.

In all fairness to them though, despite the perverse internal practices of that company, and I do think some of the things that have gone on with them is perverse, ...they had no blue print to follow. There was no one who had blazed a trail for them. The had to cut the path through the wilderness themselves. They made mistakes along the way, and by the time those errors were apparent, it was too late to change it. If 2 people start walking in the same general direction, ...except one person is walking at a slightly different angle, ...you may not notice it at first, ...but overtime, and over a large enough distance, they're going to end up in 2 completely different places. Fortunately, we have the benefit of examining that company, seeing what they did right, ...and seeing where they made mistakes in judgement.

No, four different people, five different companies, same Multi Level Marketing industry.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2009, 08:22:57 AM »
Optometrist

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2009, 08:25:28 AM »
Network marketing is a scam and a ponzi scheme. 

Exactly, this is why she like it so much and do it for so long.
She completely defined her scam in 3 points...priceless.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2009, 08:29:41 AM »
I hate the State.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2009, 09:53:18 AM »
No, four different people, five different companies, same Multi Level Marketing industry.

What were the companies?

No, I still don't know them, even if I read about them on the Internet.  And this is exactly how the people I do know got ripped off by this industry, spending money on books like this.  

If you do not know them simply by reading about them on the internet, ...should it not stand to reason that you also do not know the network marketing industry not having participated in it yourself?

I can understand where the purchase of mktg materials and training expenses can be burdensome, ...especially when many participants have previously and historically often only entered the arena in a financially precarious position to begin with, however, there is a cost for training which must be borne. In recent years, technological advances have reduced those costs significantly. Email, Video conferencing via the internet, pdf files, powerpoints etc., have streamlined and reduced costs to next to nothing, however, there are still costs involved. A good education put to use is more valueable, and less costly than stumbling around in the dark. If you think the price of an education is expensive, you don't want to know how costly the price of ignorance is.

As for requiring people to pay for their own training and marketing materials, and paying to listen to speakers,
...how does this NOT differ from the model we see used every day in post secondary education.
Are university students not required to pay for their own books, tuition fees, housing costs etc.?

They spent years in school, accumulating tremendous amounts of debt, and cannot even begin to start earning an income in the field until and unless they graduate, ...provided of course they are fortunate enough to be hired. Some don't even finish their schooling. They drop out, ...with an accumulated debtload; a wasted investment they will not recoup, ...but do they blame the university, or the concept of post secondary education? No they often have a more realistic assessment of the situation; they realize they didn't have the discipline required, and/or were not adequately prepared financially or mentally to pursue a level of higher education.

Then too, there are those who pursue a career path in a dwindling sector. If someone spent thousands in tuition, books, etc, and years studying how to become an analog TV repairman, or how to run a horsedrawn livery fleet, ...and upon graduation, couldn't develop a customer base that preferred to be transported by horse drawn carriages, or who discovered technological advances had moved the market to flat screen digital LCD or HDTV, would it be a case of his being ripped off by the educational facility, ...or would you say he made a poor decision when charting his career path? That perhaps he should have studied how to run a limo or car service instead?

If you spent a fortune studying to be a surgeon, then upon graduation, decided you couldn't stomache the sight of blood, and decided to quit, did that make Harvard a rip off, and were they wrong to make you pay tuition etc?

Maybe one should have studied in Libya where post secondary education is completely free?
This way, if you decided to simply up and quit, you wouldn't have wasted money on university tuition.
Good for you, ...sucks for the university though.

Any company (educational facility / employer / army etc.,) bearing the costs of training and educating others is going to ensure it is a good investment. If the individual has the ability to quit after so much has been invested in them by others, that would pretty much ensure the demise of the entity... be it a company, business,  employer, etc.,) unless it is operating on a pay as you go system. Without one, you'd be looking at a world of indentured servants. That's why the military owns your butt when you walk into basic training, ...and you can't leave until they tell you that you can.

Good network marketing companies often have mechanisms in place to determine which distributors are worthy of investing in, out of the thousands who may join at any given moment. Those mechanisms are performance incentives. Do this, ...and you will get this. Accomplish this, ...and you will get this. Good companies reward distributors for their commitment, consistency, and performance. For instance, my own company awards points which are redeemable for free merchandise, free marketing materials, free tools, free event tickets etc.,

Then too, there are those who start traditional brick n' mortar businesses. They are required to invest thousands upon thousands in inventory, pay for leases, pay for their own training, marketing materials, advertising, leases, employees, licenses, and horrendously burdensome compliance costs. They are loaded down with debt, and will struggle through whatever hardships they encounter because up and quitting means the loss of EVERYTHING ...often hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars. Walking away from an investment of a few hundred dollars in rough times, is alot easier than walking away from a 6 or 7 figure investment in even rougher times. If their business fails, ...do they blame the country that afforded them the opportunity to take advantage of the free market system? Well some do... but not as many who dip their toes into the waters of MLM. If you're going to take a bath, and you dip your toe in the water, and find it a little too warm, or a little too cool for your comfort, ...adjust the faucet. Don't speak ill of personal hygiene, ...adjust the faucet so the water is a more comfortable temperature for you.

There is a thing called personal responsibility, which we all must take for our decisions in life.

Too frequently, people look to the compensation plans of network marketing companies, as the be all and end all, and forget all the other aspects & factors that must go into a successful MLM business venture, ...or any successful business venture. So they disregard everything else, look to the comp plan to do it all, ...and when their business doesn't thrive, they wonder what went wrong. Then they blame it on MLM. The fault was not MLM, it was the poor decision demonstrated by not looking at the other factors associated with the business, like the company, it's capitalization, the mgmt team, product(s), the market, the timing, the trends, the future potential, duplicatability etc., etc.,  
w

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2009, 09:55:28 AM »
What were the companies?

If you do not know them simply by reading about them on the internet, ...should it not stand to reason that you also do not know the network marketing industry not having participated in it yourself?

I can understand where the purchase of mktg materials and training expenses can be burdensome, ...especially when many participants have previously and historically often only entered the arena in a financially precarious position to begin with, however, there is a cost for training which must be borne. In recent years, technological advances have reduced those costs significantly. Email, Video conferencing via the internet, pdf files, powerpoints etc., have streamlined and reduced costs to next to nothing, however, there are still costs involved. A good education put to use is more valueable, and less costly than stumbling around in the dark. If you think the price of an education is expensive, you don't want to know how costly the price of ignorance is.

As for requiring people to pay for their own training and marketing materials, and paying to listen to speakers,
...how does this NOT differ from the model we see used every day in post secondary education. Are university students not required to pay for their own books, tuition fees, housing costs etc.

They spent years in school, accumulating tremendous amounts of debt, and cannot even begin to start earning an income in the field until and unless after graduate, ...provided of course they are fortunate enough to be hired. Some don't even finish their schooling. They drop out, ...with an accumulated debtload; a wasted investment they will not recoup, ...but do they blame the university, or the concept of post secondary education? No they often have a more realistic assessment of the situation; they realize they didn't have the discipline required, and/or were not adequately prepared financially or mentally to pursue a level of higher education.

Then too, there are those who pursue a career path in a dwindling sector. If someone spent thousands in tuition, books, etc, and years studying how to become an analog TV repairman, or how to run a horsedrawn livery fleet, ...and upon graduation, couldn't develop a customer base that preferred to be transported by horse drawn carriages, or who discovered technological advances had moved the market to flat screen digital LCD or HDTV, would it be a case of his being ripped off by the educational facility, ...or would you say he made a poor decision when charting his career path? That perhaps he should have studied how to run a limo or car service instead?

If you spent a fortune studying to be a surgeon, then upon graduation, decided you couldn't stomache the sight of blood, and decided to quit, did that make Harvard a rip off, and were they wrong to make you pay tuition etc?

Maybe one should have studied in Libya where post secondary education is completely free?
This way, if you decided to simply up and quit, you wouldn't have wasted money on university tuition.

Any company (educational facility / employer / army etc.,) bearing the costs of training and educating others is going to ensure it is a good investment. If the individual has the ability to quit after so much has been invested in them by others, that would pretty much ensure the demise of the entity... be it a company, business,  employer, etc.,) unless it is operating on a pay as you go system. Without one, you'd be looking at a world of indentured servants. That's why the military owns your butt when you walk into basic training, ...and you can't leave until they tell you that you can.

Good network marketing companies often have mechanisms in place to determine which distributors are worthy of investing in, out of the thousands who may join at any given moment. Those mechanisms are performance incentives. Do this, ...and you will get this. Accomplish this, ...and you will get this. Good companies reward distributors for their commitment, consistency, and performance. For instance, my own company awards points which are redeemable for free merchandise, free marketing materials, free tools, free event tickets etc.,

Then too, there are those who start traditional brick n' mortar businesses. They are required to invest thousands upon thousands in inventory, pay for leases, pay for their own training, marketing materials, advertising, leases, employees, licenses, and horrendously burdensome compliance costs. They are loaded down with debt, and will struggle through whatever hardships they encounter because up and quitting means the loss of EVERYTHING ...often hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars. Walking away from an investment of a few hundred dollars in rough times, is alot easier than walking away from a 6 or 7 figure investment in even rougher times. If their business fails, ...do they blame the country that afforded them the opportunity to take advantage of the free market system? Well some do... but not as many who dip their toes into the waters of MLM. If you're going to take a bath, and you dip your toe in the water, and find it a little too warm, or a little too cool for your comfort, ...adjust the faucet. Don't speak ill of personal hygiene, ...adjust the faucet so the water is a more comfortable temperature for you.

There is a thing called personal responsibility, which we all must take for our decisions in life.

Too frequently, people look to the compensation plans of network marketing companies, as the be all and end all, and forget all the other aspects & factors that must go into a successful MLM business venture, ...or any successful business venture. So they disregard everything else, look to the comp plan to do it all, ...and when their business doesn't thrive, they wonder what went wrong. Then they blame it on MLM. The fault was not MLM, it was the poor decision demonstrated by not looking at the other factors associated with the business, like the company, it's capitalization, the mgmt team, product(s), the market, the timing, the trends, the future potential, duplicatability etc., etc.,  

No one believes you.
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2009, 09:57:06 AM »

Exactly.

But what can you expect from people like her? ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #89 on: May 23, 2009, 10:00:24 AM »
What were the companies?

...how does this NOT differ from the model we see used every day in post secondary education. Are university students not required to pay for their own books, tuition fees, housing costs etc.

They spent years in school, accumulating tremendous amounts of debt, and cannot even begin to start earning an income in the field until and unless after graduate, ...provided of course they are fortunate enough to be hired. Some don't even finish their schooling. They drop out, ...with an accumulated debtload; a wasted investment they will not recoup, ...but do they blame the university, or the concept of post secondary education? No they often have a more realistic assessment of the situation; they realize they didn't have the discipline required, and/or were not adequately prepared financially or mentally to pursue a level of higher education.

I don't have time to read all this spam.  It's all scam.  The industry profits from reaping people off.

24KT

• Getbig V
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 23, 2009, 10:05:52 AM »
I don't have time to read all this spam.  It's all scam.  The industry profits from reaping people off.

How about the first question from that post then?

What were the 5 companies?
w

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2009, 10:21:27 AM »
How about the first question from that post then?

What were the 5 companies?

I don't remember names.

One was trying to sell me house hold products that one can get much cheaper, and of better quality, at Walt-mart or Amazon.com.

The other one was similar, but claimed to take advantage of technology to better market and sell their products.

The other one was some fruit juice, or something like that, making exaggerated claims about it's nutritional value.

The other one was kitchen products, I think, maybe more than just kitchen stuff.

The other one was nutritional supplements, again making exaggerated claims about their nutritional value and effectiveness.

One of these four people fell for it twice...slow learner.  He fell for the same BS..."oh, those were not legit companies, try this other ones..."

They are all the same.  They were asked to buy worthless books, were asked to pay for their own training and marketing materials, to buy a significant amount of inventory, and to pay to go listen to motivational speakers make exaggerated income and success claims about this industry. 

Few people bought their products.  I bought nothing from them.  I'm not that gullible.

They all lost more money than they made, and they now regret ever having gotten involved with Multi Level Marketing industry.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2009, 06:13:38 PM »
I don't remember names.

One was trying to sell me house hold products that one can get much cheaper, and of better quality, at Walt-mart or Amazon.com.

The other one was similar, but claimed to take advantage of technology to better market and sell their products.

The other one was some fruit juice, or something like that, making exaggerated claims about it's nutritional value.

The other one was kitchen products, I think, maybe more than just kitchen stuff.

The other one was nutritional supplements, again making exaggerated claims about their nutritional value and effectiveness.

One of these four people fell for it twice...slow learner.  He fell for the same BS..."oh, those were not legit companies, try this other ones..."

They are all the same.  They were asked to buy worthless books, were asked to pay for their own training and marketing materials, to buy a significant amount of inventory, and to pay to go listen to motivational speakers make exaggerated income and success claims about this industry. 

Few people bought their products.  I bought nothing from them.  I'm not that gullible.

They all lost more money than they made, and they now regret ever having gotten involved with Multi Level Marketing industry.

I remember hearing about some scam that involved a fake gas saving pill.
It's always the most shady and least known companies with the biggest technological breakthroughs lol  ::)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2009, 06:18:28 PM »
I remember hearing about some scam that involved a fake gas saving pill.
It's always the most shady and least known companies with the biggest technological breakthroughs lol  ::)

Hitting the nail on the head as usual 8)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2009, 06:29:52 PM »

Jaguar=160+IQ :o
I hate the State.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2009, 06:30:19 PM »

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »
Jaguar=160+IQ :o

They must measure it differently these days...

Is the average IQ 200 now?

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2009, 12:07:22 AM »

;D