Author Topic: Rush: I am resigning as head of the republican party.  (Read 3280 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Rush: I am resigning as head of the republican party.
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2009, 12:01:22 PM »
But you just said, Obama won... He talked about Tax Cuts... That's fiscal conservatism. All of the Republicans talked about them... No, they were less socially liberal, but they weren't busy talking about gay marriage or abortion all of the time then either.

I believe that Obama won specifically based on his talking points about Lower taxes for middle class (fiscal conservatism ideas) and social liberalism.

Yes Obama won, but Mondale, Carter (the second time), Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry lost.  All fiscal and social liberals.  No Republican presidential candidate was busy talking about homosexual marriage or abortion all the time.  It rarely came up during the presidential debates.  It rarely came up during campaign speeches. 

Even if it did, the majority of the country is opposed to homosexual marriage and the majority of the country is either pro life or supports some abortion restrictions, so talking about those issues wouldn't hurt a conservative candidate at all. 

Obama's social liberalism had zero to do with winning the election.  His views are out of step with mainstream America IMO.  Plus, as I said earlier, social liberals consistently lose presidential elections.     

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Rush: I am resigning as head of the republican party.
« Reply #51 on: May 23, 2009, 12:16:25 PM »
Yes Obama won, but Mondale, Carter (the second time), Dukakis, Gore, and Kerry lost.  All fiscal and social liberals.  No Republican presidential candidate was busy talking about homosexual marriage or abortion all the time.  It rarely came up during the presidential debates.  It rarely came up during campaign speeches. 

Even if it did, the majority of the country is opposed to homosexual marriage and the majority of the country is either pro life or supports some abortion restrictions, so talking about those issues wouldn't hurt a conservative candidate at all. 

Obama's social liberalism had zero to do with winning the election.  His views are out of step with mainstream America IMO.  Plus, as I said earlier, social liberals consistently lose presidential elections.    

I think his are much closer to mainstream America than McCain or Palin's.

I don't think he's right there with America, but none of them are... I think he's closer than anyone else leading either party right now.

Is he perfect, no... However he's as good as we've got right now.

What you think mainstream America wants and what I think mainstream America wants is apparently two difference things.

What's Obama's approval rating right now?  62%