Author Topic: Congress may hike Gas Taxes by 40 Cents per gallon to pay for highway fund.  (Read 4382 times)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
good

Not sure what you mean by that.

Either way this .40 cent tax hike is laughable. Just enough to keep people pissed but still driving the same number of miles and not changing behavior. If they had any balls it would be $1.00 or $1.50 to really decrease demand and move people into smaller cars out of demand and necessity. No one has the balls to do that though. They would rather hide behind horrible and dumb regs. like CAFE which will not do a thing to change driving habits  demand for fuel or people wanting more efficient cars.

Our govt. is fucking retarded.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
I don't although I have some friends that do. It's one of the things that I love to follow, though.
Good.  I'm glad you can clear up some of the "information" I've read online, which is apparently not always accurate.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Not sure what you mean by that.

Either way this .40 cent tax hike is laughable. Just enough to keep people pissed but still driving the same number of miles and not changing behavior. If they had any balls it would be $1.00 or $1.50 to really decrease demand and move people into smaller cars out of demand and necessity. No one has the balls to do that though. They would rather hide behind horrible and dumb regs. like CAFE which will not do a thing to change driving habits  demand for fuel or people wanting more efficient cars.

Our govt. is fucking retarded.

The proposal is actually for an 8 cent per year increase for 5 years.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
looks sweet

Nice.  After looking at the price ($75K-$85K) I think I'll pass.  I will never pay that much for a car.   

GigantorX

• Getbig V
The proposal is actually for an 8 cent per year increase for 5 years.

Exactly. A small increase over a few years so as not to force a change in behavior. What a fucking joke.

Hereford

• Getbig V
It IS a way to get some extra money for government pork however...

And do you really think the use of taxation to influence human behavior is the best way to do things?

24KT

• Getbig V
It IS a way to get some extra money for government pork however...

And do you really think the use of taxation to influence human behavior is the best way to do things?

Well according to GigantorX, it's not designed to influence behaviour, but rather to replenish coffers.  :D
w

Hereford

• Getbig V
Do you agree with that sentiment?

24KT

• Getbig V
Do you agree with that sentiment?

Honestly, ...who the heck knows why Congress does what it does anymore?  :-\
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Well according to GigantorX, it's not designed to influence behaviour, but rather to replenish coffers.  :D

That is what it is about Jag.  You dont live here and see the day to day garbage the congressscum pull on us. 

Mons Venus

No taxes for those making under 250 grand....yup. Good job Barry BossMan..tell us another. But before u do..I need to move all these muslims lazy Government Soliders out of my way...I keep tripping over them.

Fixed.

GigantorX

• Getbig V

I will stand by my opinion because I think it's closest to fact.

Incremental taxes like the proposed gas tax is stupid, plain and simple. Why nickel and dime it for 5 years to reach the .40 cent mark? .8 cents a year for 5 years will do nothing to change anything, it's to small an amount spread over to long a time. People will not even notice it and that's a fact.

It gives the people time to adjust and continue to drive the way they always have and continue to purchase the types of cars they always have. The govt. then gets the same amount of miles driven but with .8 cents a year taxed out of the fuel purchases. It's brilliant really. If the tax was something with teeth, say $.75-1.00 in a single year, habits would change and we would see a drastic change in behavior concerning miles driven and types of cars purchased....but that isn't the point of this tax because if it had balls then revenue from the tax wouldn't be as much as intended because fuel purchases/use would be down drastically. Hence the .8 cents per year.

Hereford

• Getbig V
Exactly right. The gvt does NOT want to change drivign habits, because that would lower tax revenues coming in. This is the same reason they will never really support alternative fuel vehicles. Gas=$$$.

If the gvt didn't get so much off of gas taxes and fees, we would be 50 years farther into alternative powered vehicles.