Author Topic: Is a 400lbs natural bench press impressive?  (Read 33410 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: Is a 400lbs natural bench press impressive?
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2009, 03:47:37 AM »
other than the 400lb bench, which is very impressive btw...dont let anyone tell you it isnt.

the other part of this thread is an awesome tit for tat ownage of deicide by mcway.

i cant recall such a complete and utter domination of someone who is obviously a mentally deprived moron sinc ehte Chick and KK days i the early 2000s.

mcway you gotta lay off him though now mate, its like pissing on a homeless man.

he cant help that he wasnt blessed with brains, and from what i can tell, brawn either. just let him be sad and bitter.

Brains I do have, not lacking in that department but would you be saying these things if you knew MCWAY believed the world is 6,000 years old and that talking snakes and magic apples of knowledge are as real as rabbits? Or that people commit crime because of 'Original Sin' because our 'ancestors' Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of knowledge? No one who believes in such silliness can own anyone.

THG approved
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2009, 03:49:14 AM »
I'm more impressed with the guy who can bench 150 but looks good and is able to pull mad pussy.  

QFT

THG approved
I hate the State.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2009, 03:49:23 AM »
If I don't eat at least 3500 calories a day I don't grow. 5'11" 245 currently 34" /36 depends waist.

Wow didnt know we had lee haney onboard

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2009, 03:51:25 AM »
Wow didnt know we had lee haney onboard

I have done the super caloric overload thing but I just ended up getting super fat. I think 500 extra calories is fine, no need to eat 5000...at least for me.
I hate the State.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2009, 03:58:38 AM »
I would say your problem is being impatient. Maybe your trianing isnt ideal but consistency and eating should always produce gains in some sort.

I have been saying this for ages but I genuinley think ill hit a 400lb bench this year. Prob be 240+ when I do it though

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:42 AM »
I would say your problem is being impatient. Maybe your trianing isnt ideal but consistency and eating should always produce gains in some sort.

I have been saying this for ages but I genuinley think ill hit a 400lb bench this year. Prob be 240+ when I do it though

Yeah, I think I am impatient. After the end of this HST routine I may be able to report some weight progress.

The truth is, it is good enough for me if I just make progress for myself. I will never be a huge, strong beast but if I can make a litte progress most of the time, it's enough.

THG approved
I hate the State.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2009, 04:02:29 AM »
There is so so so so much more important thinhgs than beiong big or strong. Yes its nice but its not the be all or end all

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:29 AM »
There is so so so so much more important thinhgs than beiong big or strong. Yes its nice but its not the be all or end all

I agree.

Next year I want to try to get a decent, stable job some place and stay there at least two years and work on my lifts and stuff, make progress but more importantly I want to work on my career and education. Seriously considering a PhD now...

Ursus, you are the man! 8)

THG approved
I hate the State.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2009, 04:10:18 AM »
LOL apprecite it man.

I am struggling to get a FT job atm - so many people going in for every job. The goverment jobs i have been accepted for i am on a waiting list. Sucks.

I need to get my life/career on track

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #59 on: June 14, 2009, 04:19:45 AM »
LOL apprecite it man.

I am struggling to get a FT job atm - so many people going in for every job. The goverment jobs i have been accepted for i am on a waiting list. Sucks.

I need to get my life/career on track

Well, even if the job thing doesn't work out, you are still on Team Good Genetics! ;)

THG approved
I hate the State.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2009, 05:44:35 AM »
It's a good lift but like I always say these things are relative 
But it depends on the individual really I saw a lil dude maxing on 225 this week watching him you could tell he put everything into the lift no hands pulling the bar off him. Struggled like hell to me that's impressive a hard HONEST bench
choice is an illusion

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2009, 03:38:10 PM »
Brains I do have, not lacking in that department but would you be saying these things if you knew MCWAY believed the world is 6,000 years old and that talking snakes and magic apples of knowledge are as real as rabbits? Or that people commit crime because of 'Original Sin' because our 'ancestors' Adam and Eve partook of the fruit of knowledge? No one who believes in such silliness can own anyone.

THG approved

What do my beliefs about the age of the planet have to do with your continuing to feel sorry for yourself, making every excuse in the book for your lack of personal progress? Even by your standards, this is pathetic.

But, it's standard procedure for you. When you can't make your points or arguments stick, you resort to potshots and name-calling. That does nothing but make your arguments look even weaker and, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't help you ONE BIT, as far as improving your physique is concerned.

I have done the super caloric overload thing but I just ended up getting super fat. I think 500 extra calories is fine, no need to eat 5000...at least for me.

Nobody claimed you had to eat 5000 calories. Since you didn't give your bodyweight, it's tough to tell how much protein you're actually consuming. Let's assume you weigh 200 lb (91 kg). By your account, you consume 182 grams of protein. That's obviously not enough, if you aren't growing.

That's not even the standard 1 g/lb bodyweight in protein consumption. You might want to boost that to 1.5 g/lb of bodyweight, which is 300 grams of protein (assuming you currently weigh 200).

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2009, 03:40:50 PM »
Seriously, sometimes I wonder why some guys workout.  I mean if it isn't for pussy then what for?  Some kind of homosexual thing  ???

No one sticks with working out, just to get girls. It takes too long to get the physique.

Impressing girls is what gets you in the gym; but it's not what keeps you in the gym.

For many, it's the personal challenge of improving your physique and/or increasing your strength. That can morph into getting to bodybuilding/powerlifting/strongman competition. After a while, it just becomes fun and you do it for its own sake.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »
Yeah, I think I am impatient. After the end of this HST routine I may be able to report some weight progress.

The truth is, it is good enough for me if I just make progress for myself. I will never be a huge, strong beast but if I can make a litte progress most of the time, it's enough.

THG approved

And, therein lies part of the problem. Your goals are too VAGUE.

Define "progress". For example, what is your bodyweight now? What do you want it to be six months from now?

Same goes for your lifts (at least, the bench press; you expressed no interest in squats or deadlifts).

You get some specific goals, a diet and training program to help reach those goals, and some good old-fashioned motivation and determination; and you're in business.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2009, 04:58:03 PM »
And, therein lies part of the problem. Your goals are too VAGUE.

Define "progress". For example, what is your bodyweight now? What do you want it to be six months from now?

Same goes for your lifts (at least, the bench press; you expressed no interest in squats or deadlifts).

You get some specific goals, a diet and training program to help reach those goals, and some good old-fashioned motivation and determination; and you're in business.

My deadlift is fine as is my squat. I mention bench because it is lacking compared to other basic exercises.
I hate the State.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2009, 06:11:44 PM »
My deadlift is fine as is my squat. I mention bench because it is lacking compared to other basic exercises.

Some people just suck at benching, no matter how hard they try.

A good friend of mine has been training hard for over 10 years, but he still can't bench 315 even at 240 pounds. Yet i've seen him deadlift 545 very easily for 3 reps and he squats 455 ass to grass for 2 reps. Natural as well.

A 405 bench is VERY good for anyone under 300 pounds who is a true natural. I have only met one guy who pressed 405 at 198 under very strict drug testing rules.

8)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »

You still didn't mention your current bodyweight or any specific goals over the next 3 to 6 months.

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2009, 06:14:29 PM »

I plan to do it this year at 210  ;)
P

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2009, 10:02:20 PM »
Impossible....PLEASE!!!!!

Furthermore, benching 405 is hardly an indicator of having an Arnold-esque physique (mine is nowhere near like his).

Your gay. Before the weights were taken out of the California penitentaries (pre-1998'), I witnessed more than a few individuals bench press over 400lbs. I would have never believed the genetics that some of these guys had unless I had witnessed it myself. Some of the physiques in there were unbelievable as well.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 05:42:25 AM »

Your gay. Before the weights were taken out of the California penitentaries (pre-1998'), I witnessed more than a few individuals bench press over 400lbs. I would have never believed the genetics that some of these guys had unless I had witnessed it myself. Some of the physiques in there were unbelievable as well.

You're the one, coming out of the slammer, looking at guys with "unbelievable physiques" and marvelling at their "genetics".

And you're calling me gay?

drmarkp

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 09:23:50 AM »
You're the one, coming out of the slammer, looking at guys with "unbelievable physiques" and marvelling at their "genetics".

And you're calling me gay?

Just an observation fag man

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 10:22:54 AM »

Just an observation fag man

Look who’s talking!! You probably found out just how “genetically gifted” your fellow cell mates were, after dropping the soap, one time too many.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2009, 12:51:08 PM »
Some people just suck at benching, no matter how hard they try.

A good friend of mine has been training hard for over 10 years, but he still can't bench 315 even at 240 pounds. Yet i've seen him deadlift 545 very easily for 3 reps and he squats 455 ass to grass for 2 reps. Natural as well.

A 405 bench is VERY good for anyone under 300 pounds who is a true natural. I have only met one guy who pressed 405 at 198 under very strict drug testing rules.

8)

2 people in my gym can press 400lbs.

1. a 288lbs monster
2. a freak 20year old bench presser

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2009, 01:53:23 PM »
bill anton was the 13 th man to bench press 400, my kid was the 1,000,000,000 so no not that impressive. he did 3 reps with it so no big deal.. right. weighed 220.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2009, 01:54:36 PM »
i forgot to add mike kuhns who weighs 130 lbs did  a 451 bench last weekend. woooooow.
F