Author Topic: Milos when are you back on an IFBB stage competing?  (Read 239064 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: Milos when are you back on an IFBB stage competing?
« Reply #1525 on: August 25, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »
Someone needs to shop a pic of Vince with Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn: Funeral Crashers. 

I wonder if Vince crashed Michael Jackson's funeral too?  (or does he only do relatives of oily men in thongs?)
Ron: "I am lazy."

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1526 on: August 25, 2009, 03:02:57 PM »

I wonder if Vince crashed Michael Jackson's funeral too?  (or does he only do relatives of oily men in thongs?)

They both liked fat women...so maybe

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1527 on: August 25, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »

I wonder if he gets up and says a few words: "I feel like I almost knew Mr. _______________ ..."

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #1528 on: August 25, 2009, 05:32:41 PM »
I wonder if he gets up and says a few words: "I feel like I almost knew Mr. _______________ ..."

Are you kidding?  Basile would use the eulogy to share his theories of hypertrophy with the audience, and complain that "the flotsam on Getbig just doesn't get it!"

Then he'd share some stories about the IFBB scene back in the early 70's.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1529 on: August 25, 2009, 05:50:40 PM »
I don't like the hypocrisy of funerals but would attend Goatboy's for sure.

All this talk about the pro athletes rep is bullshit. Why do we need such a position? Therein lies the answer. The Pro League needs a patsy and stooge to inform the muscleheads about what is required if they compete in the IFBB. They also need examples of what not to do. Compete elsewhere and you get suspended. Speak out and you get suspended. Did I miss anything?

Say what you like, but Bob C is part of the problem in professional bodybuilding. The idea of having pro cards is also bullshit. Just another trick to control the muscleheads. If the Pro League ran things properly they wouldn't need a stooge to explain controversial things to the flotsam.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #1530 on: August 25, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »
I don't like the hypocrisy of funerals but would attend Goatboy's for sure.

All this talk about the pro athletes rep is bullshit. Why do we need such a position? Therein lies the answer. The Pro League needs a patsy and stooge to inform the muscleheads about what is required if they compete in the IFBB. They also need examples of what not to do. Compete elsewhere and you get suspended. Speak out and you get suspended. Did I miss anything?

Say what you like, but Bob C is part of the problem in professional bodybuilding. The idea of having pro cards is also bullshit. Just another trick to control the muscleheads. If the Pro League ran things properly they wouldn't need a stooge to explain controversial things to the flotsam.

Yet another post calling Bob a "patsy" and "stooge".  You  continually complain and allude to what you perceive to be problems in the world of bodybuilding Vince, but what actual substantive solutions do you offer?  Are you only interested in slamming Bob, or are you capable of contributing to sound discussion?  It seems to be the former.  The irony is that you seem to take far greater issue with Bob's role and performance in that role, than any actual competing bodybuilders within the IFBB.  Have you considered that they might be more in the know than you are?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1531 on: August 25, 2009, 10:20:49 PM »
Mr 1derful. I am not the problem in this sport. I finally read his name right. Mr Wonderful.

Problems with bodybuilding? Too many drugs and too much politics. Not enough competent judges. Obscure judging criteria for both sexes. Too many in the admin who are not bodybuilders. The list goes on.

A question. How many bodybuilders would go to the beach in the posing trunks they wear on stage? Yes, it is a circus and the costumes are way too brief. Lots of stuff happened over the years that is now accepted. Ronnie pulling his trunks up his crack led to that being commonplace among the pros.

Solutions? Well, they are simple but not easy to implement. We need new people starting at the top. We need a constitution that is going to be one that is followed because it is what bodybuilders want.

Once we get the organization straightened out we can clean up the sport. Rigorous drug testing and out of comp, too. It can be done but the IFBB are so afraid the pros will migrate elsewhere that they dare not do it. We need a proper medical committee to advise the organization. Research is also something that can be stimulated.

Bob and Manion have had their day and it is more patch up than providing what the bodybuilders want. They have no vision and what they offer is more of the same.

Why shouldn't the top winners be earning over $1,000,000/year for prize money? Well, what sponsors other than supplement companies will touch these athletes? No credibility because of the drugs that even Bob tolerates. Arnold could offer that at his show but the IFBB has a rule that no other contest can offer more than the Mr Olympia.

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #1532 on: August 26, 2009, 12:34:10 AM »
Exactly! Chick has the balls to put himself out there and is therefore a target. Look, we all lament the sad state modern bodybuilding has become but people think that it's up to Bob to wave a magic wand and take us back to the days of Pumping Iron.

One of the more preposterous ideas is that Chick has a say on how much bodybuilders should get paid. Only one entity has that and it's the free market. Bodybuilders don't get paid as much as basketball players or baseball players or what have you because it doesn't bring in the cash like those sports do. It's not a main stream sport. Nobody forces anybody to become a bodybuilder (nobody forces anyone to become anything, dumb comment). You can do very well if you're top tier but just like MMA fighters and boxers, if you're just a journeyman it's going to be tough going.

See maybe this is what is wrong.  You have no idea what Chic should be doing.  He is in fact the person who should be campaiging to get the BB's more money.  I know he brags about the few thousand he has got them but that aint shit to brag about and in fact he should never mention it because it is embarassing.  The IFBB has millions yet they pay nothing to the people that make them their money.  Doubling the prize money in every show would not even dent the IFBB pocketbook.  They could very easily put up 50% of the prize money at the shows.  Even if not they could at least pay the BB's something for being under contract.  I just don't know of any sport or occupation that you are under contract and not be paid.  SAG guarantees a minimum, MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL all guarantee a minimum wage.  Other sports don't guarantee getting paid but the events they put on pays excellent money down to last place in most cases.  So YES it is Chic responsibility to get them more money.  That is what a rep does.  He does what he can to better the conditions for the members.  He has done some things but nothing to brag about.
No Worries 4 me

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1533 on: August 26, 2009, 01:06:56 AM »
The IFBB will continue to take and not give. The promoters pay the IFBB to stage a contest and the promoters pay all the expenses including prize money. The promoters have to raise the prize money via sponsors, promotions, ticket sales and media releases. Does anyone remember how Larry Scott received a plate and $1000 from Joe? Arnold received the same amount a few years later and said WTF is this!

The sad irony is that only Bob C is likely to get along with his mentor Jim Manion. What a sorry state bodybuilding is in.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #1534 on: August 26, 2009, 06:18:26 AM »
Mr 1derful. I am not the problem in this sport. I finally read his name right. Mr Wonderful.

Problems with bodybuilding? Too many drugs and too much politics. Not enough competent judges. Obscure judging criteria for both sexes. Too many in the admin who are not bodybuilders. The list goes on.

A question. How many bodybuilders would go to the beach in the posing trunks they wear on stage? Yes, it is a circus and the costumes are way too brief. Lots of stuff happened over the years that is now accepted. Ronnie pulling his trunks up his crack led to that being commonplace among the pros.

Solutions? Well, they are simple but not easy to implement. We need new people starting at the top. We need a constitution that is going to be one that is followed because it is what bodybuilders want.

Once we get the organization straightened out we can clean up the sport. Rigorous drug testing and out of comp, too. It can be done but the IFBB are so afraid the pros will migrate elsewhere that they dare not do it. We need a proper medical committee to advise the organization. Research is also something that can be stimulated.

Bob and Manion have had their day and it is more patch up than providing what the bodybuilders want. They have no vision and what they offer is more of the same.

Why shouldn't the top winners be earning over $1,000,000/year for prize money? Well, what sponsors other than supplement companies will touch these athletes? No credibility because of the drugs that even Bob tolerates. Arnold could offer that at his show but the IFBB has a rule that no other contest can offer more than the Mr Olympia.

Vince, posts such as the one above I can respect, as it at least touches upon some areas in a manner more befitting of constructive dialogue.  And you are right, there are aspects of the sport that may have previously not been accepted, that are now considered the norm.  The trouble, perhaps partly based on that fact, is that for someone like Bob to initiate change, it first has to come from the competitors themselves.  By in large, it doesn't seem as though there is very strong motivation on their part to act as a catalyst for change.  How should one interpret that?  That they are content with the status quo?  Or, that they wish not to rock the boat?  Or a combination of the two?

Could things be improved? Perhaps. But, positive change tends to be a work in progress and the IFBB isn't likely to recreate itself overnight.  For dramatic change to occur, there have to be enough people driving that change, with it being viable to do so.  One could create an incarnation of the IFBB that they perceive to be the ideal, but would it be financially viable?  If not, the IFBB would cease to exist and any so called utopia of bodybuilding would prove meaningless.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1535 on: August 26, 2009, 07:25:16 AM »
Think about what is now required to attain the highest levels in bodybuilding. Would we want kids to emulate bodybuilders and their lifestyle? I am talking about the professionals and not the amateurs.

The current pros are so far into the lifestyle that they can't or perhaps won't change. Bob can't change. You have to get rid of the lot and start again.  Sure the guys are amazing but the price is too high and the integrity has gone from what they do. Who among them can talk openly and honestly about the requirements to get to the top? They cannot and thus the media and most people know about the drugs and other things done to win contests. Bodybuilding is a sham at the Olympia level. Look at the posts on Getbig and other muscle sites. Just about everyone believes you need drugs and plenty of them to become a professional. We don't have to mention what the women have to do to be Ms Olympia.

I certainly wouldn't take the drugs bodybuilders are taking. No thanks. No trophy or title is worth it nowadays. I look back at the Mr Universes and am amazed that many are forgotten. Who would have imagined that in those days? So glory can be fleeting. Need we bring up the practices of many to avoid being arrested for possessing and using the drugs needed in bodybuilding? What a disgrace and what a shame to all involved.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1536 on: August 26, 2009, 07:27:24 AM »
Anybody else get the impression that if there was no internet or especially a getbig....

Basile would have no platform.

I mean seriously...how many funerals could you crash & tell people how the IFBB was fucked up, that he was some canadian bb champ that took no gear, & how everyone else in the fitness equipment industry makes poor quality machines.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #1537 on: August 26, 2009, 07:48:59 AM »

A question. How many bodybuilders would go to the beach in the posing trunks they wear on stage? 

Good point.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #1538 on: August 26, 2009, 07:54:20 AM »
Good point.

ah my best work of art so far  8)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #1539 on: August 26, 2009, 07:58:21 AM »
that he was some canadian bb champ that took no gear, & how everyone else in the fitness equipment industry makes poor quality machines.

I know he once responded to me about the drug thing, he admitted it by saying "It was what everyone did at the time." He felt that one pill per day, or whatever low dose he took, wasn't enough to consider saying he took gear, I think.
The exercise machine thing, that's just funny. Because many of his machine ideas that he's had (one I can think of, tilting the Leg Extension back pad on an angle) have already been done. Maybe he doesn't see the piece in the gyms he goes to, but I remember quite a few of the gyms I went to/still go to, have the pieces he talks about with his "innovative ideas."

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #1540 on: August 26, 2009, 08:05:41 AM »
Vince invented weight plates....didn't you know?

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #1541 on: August 26, 2009, 03:12:03 PM »
Bobby,

when are you going to be a man of your words?

Or was the question to hard for you to answer?

You've avoided confessing your dirty little secrets, because you're a pussy.

I've never dodged that question, I've answered it many times:

I dont give out that info to anonymous internet trolls

what was your drug stack when you won the prestigious IFBB Masters championship title?

and where exactly did you obtain your drugs?

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #1542 on: August 26, 2009, 03:13:55 PM »
are you a fanboy or do you just like to kiss ass?

of course Chick has asked guys for tidbits of info concerning gear.....that's the way it's done...face to face, person to person.....not on an internet chat site.....he's not too good to give you info.....the real reason is ...what's the point?..you will never look like a pro anyway....if you REALLY want to know, fly out to where Bob lives, PAY him to work with you and then maybe he will tell you.....

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #1543 on: August 26, 2009, 03:16:30 PM »
apparently you're too yellow to asnwer the simplest of questions.
the life of felon...a life of lies & cover ups..

Yesw, I could be of help to complete anonymous strangers on the internet....but I'm not.

I've been of great help to many of my friends over the years....post your real name/ info, and we'll see what we can do.

As of any other "issues"....I dont need to dodge any...thats your hero Milos.

You seem to have me confused with someone else.....I dont have anything to dodge, nothing to cover up, nothing I'm ashamed of, etc....you keep insisting I do, but come up snake-eyes when asked to pvide any details...

You were once a respectable poster on this site, now into the troll status as a boderline stalker, shit talking fool.....too bad.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #1544 on: August 26, 2009, 03:20:58 PM »
Bobby,

when are you going to be a man of your words?

Or was the question to hard for you to answer?

You've avoided confessing your dirty little secrets, because you're a pussy.

Youre under some delusion that I owe you an answer,.....I'm here to remind you that you're an anonymous nobody on the internet.

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #1545 on: August 26, 2009, 03:25:29 PM »
Chick,

I just read your pathetic lie about elections for the AR position.

You were handed the position by daddy Manion, and to date has an election ever occurred?

you claim to be able to not dodge questions, but can't answer the simplest question that any druggie could answer.

what was your stack for your fixed win?

karu

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #1546 on: August 26, 2009, 03:28:10 PM »
hmmm let me see. Who said "I don't dodge questions"

that was you.
I don't recall you owing me anything, but you shouldn't make idiotic statements that you apparently can't back up.

Youre under some delusion that I owe you an answer,.....I'm here to remind you that you're an anonymous nobody on the internet.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #1547 on: August 26, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »
You were handed the position by daddy Manion, and to date has an election ever occurred?

In fairness to Chick, nobody else will stand up except for Milos...and nobody seems to be on his side either.
Chick tried to organize a union a few times, with advanced notice and all. I believe the total count of people that showed up, was two. Tom Prince (when he was competing) and Craig Titus. And Titus didn't even show to the actual meeting place, he was off to the side trying to hear what would go down, as if a 250lb muscular dude can "hide" or be "inconspicuous!"

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1548 on: August 26, 2009, 08:06:45 PM »
I know he once responded to me about the drug thing, he admitted it by saying "It was what everyone did at the time." He felt that one pill per day, or whatever low dose he took, wasn't enough to consider saying he took gear, I think.
The exercise machine thing, that's just funny. Because many of his machine ideas that he's had (one I can think of, tilting the Leg Extension back pad on an angle) have already been done. Maybe he doesn't see the piece in the gyms he goes to, but I remember quite a few of the gyms I went to/still go to, have the pieces he talks about with his "innovative ideas."

Few guys post as themselves and even fewer are totally honest when they do post. I disclosed that I took 2 Dianabol tablets a day for a couple of months in 1970 before the Mr Canada contest that I won. When I posted that on Getbig some 'experts' refused to believe that was all I took because they felt the dosage wasn't high enough to generate much hypertrophy. Amazing how many experts inhabit the internet.

I have had a patent for my biceps-supinator machine. It is installed in my gym in Meadowbank. Icarian made leg extensions where you lean back more in the seated position. That design didn't take off and almost everyone else had users sitting just slightly leaning back. It isn't just tilting the back rest. The whole seat gets tilted. The problem with most of these machines is that when the weight is heavy you tend to get lifted off the seat because your center of gravity is too high. When you sit lower your center of gravity is lower and you tend not to lift off the seat as much. Feels better, too.

AS far as I know I was the first to make a leg extension with an adjustable back support and adjustable leg support. That was in 1975.

I have invented plenty of things re gym equipment and other manufacturers in Australia have given me credit or have copied some of my designs.
Who else here has designed anything?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1549 on: August 26, 2009, 08:15:44 PM »
In fairness to Chick, nobody else will stand up except for Milos...and nobody seems to be on his side either.
Chick tried to organize a union a few times, with advanced notice and all. I believe the total count of people that showed up, was two. Tom Prince (when he was competing) and Craig Titus. And Titus didn't even show to the actual meeting place, he was off to the side trying to hear what would go down, as if a 250lb muscular dude can "hide" or be "inconspicuous!"

Chick should know by now that the muscleheads are afraid of speaking out. It doesn't pay because you will not place high if you do. Or you could get suspended.....permanentl y.

Even the thickest of muscleheads have figured this out. That is why Bob remains unchallenged for his appointed position. The only guy who would challenge him is suspended. They have
everything covered. Bob is there for as long as he wants that 'job'.