Author Topic: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND  (Read 99024 times)

WEIBK

• Getbig III
Re: ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP - ABBF IN THAILAND
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2009, 04:53:27 AM »
That's great news.  I really wish Kuwait would participate (as a team) in more international competitions.  I'm sure they could put together some really good teams. I've seen some amazing bodybuilders in Kuwait. Guys just come and go and never really get a chance to be seen.  I'll definitely be on the lookout for the Kuwait team.  Do you know if they plan on attending the Championships in Thailand?

Pat

DEAR PAT, I DOUBT THAT KUWAIT WILL PARTICIPATE IN THAILAND, KUWAIT WORKING AGAINST ABBF, AND I HOPE THAT THEY WILL AWAKE FROM THEIR DREAM.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2009, 05:25:00 AM »
DEAR PAT, I DOUBT THAT KUWAIT WILL PARTICIPATE IN THAILAND, KUWAIT WORKING AGAINST ABBF, AND I HOPE THAT THEY WILL AWAKE FROM THEIR DREAM.

Why would they want to go to Thailand?

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2009, 07:19:59 AM »
Why would they want to go to Thailand?

Better question is why would they not want to go to Thailand?  Maybe I'm wrong but I would think that really competitive athletes and teams would want to take every opportunity to compete in high level International competitions.  As I stated before, I have never known Kuwait to take a team to any competition in the recent past (10yrs) and any opportunity to compete against other regional and Asian powerhouses should be welcomed. Not to mention the competition is in Pattaya, Thailand. That in itself is a reason to want to go. You may not know what I'm talking about unless you've been before.  Take my word for it, it's worth going even if their wasn't a competition within 1,000 miles of the place.

Pat

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2009, 09:13:02 AM »
Better question is why would they not want to go to Thailand?  Maybe I'm wrong but I would think that really competitive athletes and teams would want to take every opportunity to compete in high level International competitions.  As I stated before, I have never known Kuwait to take a team to any competition in the recent past (10yrs) and any opportunity to compete against other regional and Asian powerhouses should be welcomed. Not to mention the competition is in Pattaya, Thailand. That in itself is a reason to want to go. You may not know what I'm talking about unless you've been before.  Take my word for it, it's worth going even if their wasn't a competition within 1,000 miles of the place.

Pat

DEAR PAT, YOU WORDS ENCOURAGE ME TO GO TO PATTAYA TO SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL CITY, AS WILL AS ASIAN BODYBUILDING CHAMPIONSHIP.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2009, 11:16:01 AM »
http://www.thaipr.net/nc/readnews.aspx?newsid=6D7B68322BA8A7938C68EFF0D40FDFE3
Thailand Aims for 7 Gold Medalists at 2009 Multi Asian Building and Fitness Championships
วันที่ 16 กรกฎาคม 2552 14:28 น.
 พิมพ์ |  อีเมล์ 
ที่มา
Thana Burin Asia Pacific

The championships will take place in Pattaya from 11-17 August 2009
      Thai Bodybuilding Association in collaboration with Pattaya City, Sports Authority of Thailand, Siam Sport Syndicate Plc, Thai Alangkarn Theatre in Pattaya and Eastern Grand Palace Hotel will organise The 2009 Multi Asian Building and Fitness Championships to help promote sport awareness as well as tourism within Thailand.  The championship scheduled for 11-17 August 2009 will be held at Thai Alangkarn Theatre in Pattaya, Chonburi province. During the championships, some 40 Thai bodybuilding, fitness and body fitness athletes of Thai Bodybuilding Association will compete with athletes of 45 countries across Asia........

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2009, 11:46:55 AM »

Pat

But it's not an IFBB show.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2009, 02:37:36 PM »
But it's not an IFBB show.

IT IS SUPPORTED BY IFBB AND SPECIALY THE PRESIDENT RAFAEL SANTONJA, AND QATAR BB FEDERATION, IN ORDER TO FOUND NEW ASIAN FEDERATION RAHTER THAN ABBF. BUT BELIEVE ME THIS CHAMPIONSHIP NVER HELD IN INDIA, BACAUSE IT IS AGAINST THE RULES, AND ILLEGAL. OLYMPIC COUNCIL OF ASIA ( OCA ) RECOGNIZED ONLY ABBF.
RAFAEL TRIED TO DEVIDE THE ASIS TO 2 PARTS, BUT THANKS GOD HE AND HIS GROUP FAILED, BECUSE ASIAN PEOPLE NEVER SELL THEIR DIGNITY, NO MATTER HOW THEY WILL PAY.
MY FREIND IT IS IFBB SHOW AND UNDER ITS AGENDA, AND TO BE MORE SURE, VISIT IFBB WEBSITE, AND SEE THE CALANDER FOR 2009. SORY FOR THIS LONG EXPLANATION. REGARDS.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2009, 04:51:49 PM »
BECaUSE ASIAN PEOPLE NEVER SELL THEIR DIGNITY, NO MATTER HOW THEY WILL PAY.

you go on and on about honor and what's legal and illegal, but this whole schism is because Chua had repeatedly been accused of fixing contests in exchange for money.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2009, 01:15:38 AM »
you go on and on about honor and what's legal and illegal, but this whole schism is because Chua had repeatedly been accused of fixing contests in exchange for money.

MY FREIND YOUR PIONT IS VALID, BUT WITHOUT PROOF, WE CAN'T BLAME ANYONE.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2009, 05:09:22 AM »
IT IS SUPPORTED BY IFBB AND SPECIALY THE PRESIDENT RAFAEL SANTONJA, AND QATAR BB FEDERATION, IN ORDER TO FOUND NEW ASIAN FEDERATION RAHTER THAN ABBF. BUT BELIEVE ME THIS CHAMPIONSHIP NVER HELD IN INDIA, BACAUSE IT IS AGAINST THE RULES, AND ILLEGAL. OLYMPIC COUNCIL OF ASIA ( OCA ) RECOGNIZED ONLY ABBF.
RAFAEL TRIED TO DEVIDE THE ASIS TO 2 PARTS, BUT THANKS GOD HE AND HIS GROUP FAILED, BECUSE ASIAN PEOPLE NEVER SELL THEIR DIGNITY, NO MATTER HOW THEY WILL PAY.
MY FREIND IT IS IFBB SHOW AND UNDER ITS AGENDA, AND TO BE MORE SURE, VISIT IFBB WEBSITE, AND SEE THE CALANDER FOR 2009. SORY FOR THIS LONG EXPLANATION. REGARDS.

One of us is confused.
I said that the Thailand show is not an IFBB show.
Can you explain why you keep saying the Indian show is illegal?

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2009, 06:05:03 AM »
Five Vietnamese bodybuilders to attend Asian Champs 2009:http://english.vietnamnet.vn/sports/2009/07/858738/

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2009, 07:55:42 AM »
Is the show in Thailand organised by Douglas Latchford?

http://www.abbf.asia/10072007b.html

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2009, 10:23:33 AM »
Is the show in Thailand organised by Douglas Latchford?

http://www.abbf.asia/10072007b.html

Sir Douglas Latchford

another schmoe with a fake title ::)
Thunderdome approved

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2009, 11:22:36 AM »
world wide term limits is what is needed.   serve a 3-5 year term, then let someone else run it for a while.   that would work if these were really non-profit sports federations.  but they're not.  they're privately held for-profit companies.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2009, 09:55:51 AM »

TILL NOW AS THAILAND BODYBUILDING FEDERATION 33 COUNTRIES WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE 43rd ABBF CHAMPIONSHIP FROM 11tH - 17th OF AUGUST 2009, AS PER THE NEWS FROM THAILNAD BB FEDERATION.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #115 on: July 19, 2009, 11:03:49 AM »
TILL NOW AS THAILAND BODYBUILDING FEDERATION 33 COUNTRIES WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE 43rd ABBF CHAMPIONSHIP FROM 11tH - 17th OF AUGUST 2009, AS PER THE NEWS FROM THAILNAD BB FEDERATION.

Is this show being run by Douglas Latchford and Paul Chua?

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2009, 08:20:21 PM »
Is this show being run by Douglas Latchford and Paul Chua?

IT IS ABBF SHOW. 43rd ASIAN BODYBUILDING ( MEN, JUNIOR, MASTER, CLASSIC, AND WOMEN ) BODYFITNESS AND FITNESS.
NOTHING TO DO WITH MR. DAUGLAS OR mR. CHUA. IT IS IN PATTAYA - THAILAND.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2009, 09:10:39 PM »

IFBB SEND THREATENING LETTER TO ALL 33 COUNTRIES WHICH WILL PARTICIPATE IN PATTAYA - THAILAND, BY FINE, SUSPENSION, OR EXPELLED, BUT:

IFBB LOSING OUT  IN ASIA AND THEY FEAR LOSING 30 OVER COUNTRIES AS MEMBERS....THEY KNOW THAT WE WILL DEFEND OUR RIGHTS, PRIDE AND DIGNITY AND WILL NEVER ALLOW THEM TO DICTATE US.

WE CHALLENGE THE IFBB TO EXPEL OR SUSPEND ALL THE 33 NATIONS IN ASIA SINCE THEY HAVE INDICATED IN THEIR LETTER WITH THREATS TO ALL OF ASIA.

THE IFBB CANNOT THREATEN ASIANS  AND RULE BY THE SWORD, OUR PRIDE CANNOT BE TAKEN AWAY BY THE BOGUS RULES OF THE IFBB AND ARTICLE 20.1 WHICH  GIVES THE ABSOLUTE POWER TO THE PRESIDENT. 

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2009, 10:04:42 PM »
IT IS ABBF SHOW. 43rd ASIAN BODYBUILDING ( MEN, JUNIOR, MASTER, CLASSIC, AND WOMEN ) BODYFITNESS AND FITNESS.
NOTHING TO DO WITH MR. DAUGLAS OR mR. CHUA. IT IS IN PATTAYA - THAILAND.

If it's an ABBF show it's Paul Chua then.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2009, 01:54:21 AM »

CALL IT AS PER YOUR JUDGMENT, AND I RESPECT YOUR OPENION.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2009, 01:55:58 AM »
CALL IT AS PER YOUR JUDGMENT, AND I RESPECT YOUR OPENION.

Good post, webcke.....
No doubt about it...

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2009, 03:06:08 AM »
Good post, webcke.....

THANKS WEBCKE.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #122 on: July 20, 2009, 05:53:04 AM »
THANKS WEBCKE.

You're welcome, webcke.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #123 on: July 20, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »

Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 18:58:29 +0200
To: wanda.tierney@ukonline.co.uk
Subject: from OCA

Dear Wanda: Attached is the email from Husain Al-Musallam. Please, send this to the following Asian Federations to the President, signed by me and Bill (except the ones we already know). Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, Qatar, Bahrain, Iraq, Kuwait, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, India, Japan, Korea, Brunei, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, China and Bangladesh. I am forwarding copy of this email.
Best regards,
Rafael

POOR RAFAEL, HE IS TRYING BY ANY MEANS TO MAKE HIS ILLEGAL MR. ASIA SUCCESSFUL, 1st IFBB SEND A THREATENING LETTER TO ALL ASIAN FEDERATION, IF THEY PARTICIPATE ( ATHELTE OR OFFICILA ) WILL BE FINE, SUSPENSION OR EXPELLED BY IFBB.
AND HE DON'T KNOW THAT SYRIA, JORDON, SAUDI ARABIA, IRAQ, PAKISTAN, KAZAKHSTAN, BRUNEI AND UZBEKISTAN ALREADY SEND THEIR FINAL ENTYR AND CONFIRMED THEIR PARTICIPATION IN THAILAND AND CHINA ON THE WAY. 
RAFAEL CHAMOPIONSHIP IN INDIA WILL BE HELD ONLY BY MAY 9 COUNTRIES. NO MATTER WHAT RAFAAEL WILL DO CAN'T DEVIDE THE ASIA, AND CONTROL IT AS PER HIS WISH.

WEIBK

• Getbig III
« Reply #124 on: July 20, 2009, 08:39:13 PM »
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS GENTLEMAN WHO WROTE THIS EMAIL TO ABBF, AND HE IS NOT TAKING SIDE, BUT TALKING ABOT JUSTICE AND FACTS.

I would like to remind you that:

1) The Asian Bodybuilding Championships are Continental  Official Events and not International Championships mentioned and governed by the IFBB Rules. In this respect the application of IFBB Rules article 2.1 and article 19.4.7 by IFBB is wrong and improper. I guess that the intention of somebody is to mislead the member federations of ABBF or to try to find the reason to suspend the members of IFBB in Asia which support the ABBF in order to clear all the obstacles to IFBB in the coming IFBB Congress.

2) The Asian Bodybuilding Championships are properties of the ABBF, to organize such Asian Official Events, the organizing member country must get approval from the ABBF and not the IFBB.

3) I agree that up to this moment the IFBB is still acting as the care taker as the  recognized International Federation for the sport of Bodybuilding and Fitness, but don't forget that the ABBF is also the sole recognized Continental Federation for the sport of Bodybuilding and Fitness in Asia.   The ABBF and its member federations need to be respected also, they have the right to saveguard theirs rights and interests.

I am am American and I thought that the IFBB should not cross the border of justice. I am not bothered with the personalty clash between you and Rafael.  The IFBB  should realize that they are not RECOGNISED by the International Olympic Committee and they were expelled from provisional membership for not following the rules of the IOC.  So there is nothing for them to crow or bark.

Furthermore, as I understand that the IFBB was not registered in Spain and this alone is enough to protect the image of the ABBF.

Best regards,

Bill