Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
April 18, 2014, 09:43:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: For nattys 30 years and older...  (Read 14199 times)
Rammstein
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2011, 10:26:29 AM »

Alot of people are getting good results with it.

+1
Report to moderator   Logged
Krankenstein
Getbig V

Coaching is as difficult as neurosurgery

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2012, 11:42:25 AM »

43,,,train 4x per wk,bodyparts once per wk,calves and abs 2x,training long time,competed as middleweight 5'7 is closer 5'8 i guess depends on weather,,some supp's nothing out of the ordinary .eat 4-6 meals per day,relativley clean.clean/dirty bulk in winter a tad,,pics taken aug 2011.

Would love to compare notes on training....42yo here...I train 4 - 5x/week....going to switch to this:

Sunday - Off/Cheat Day (5 -6000 cals)
Mon - Chest/Calf/Shoudler stability work
Tue - Back (Calves) - also deadlift day 1850cals
Wed - Core/Abs/functional work - 1700cals
Thurs - Off/eat normal till last meal of day - Cheat meal (maybe 1200 - 1500 cals)
Friday - Delt/Bi/Tri/Ab - 1850cals
Sat - Legs - 1850cals
B_B_C
Getbig IV

Navy Seal Crushers ate heavy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2012, 12:03:46 PM »

unless you are totally unique you are entering your peak physical and mental (combined) time of life.
Again unless you are totally unique or totally imature your priorities will be different than they were in your early 20ies and thats the way it should be ; family, job, mortgage etc are more important than the body you will never have (ie expectations meet reality). Keep up the lifting but perhaps not at the obsessive insecure rate of a 20yearold. Take care of the waistline, keep the joints subtle (yoga and such like), and if you have children then enjoy them. Time is the most precious thing  we can give or get from anybody. If all that sounds depressing its not
I can notthink of a better time of my like i would like to repeat than the 30ies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yuwhUx35Uc

c
Krankenstein
Getbig V

Coaching is as difficult as neurosurgery

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »

I NEVER thought I would be doing core/functional shit when I was 25....now, absolutely...then again, I stopped being a bodybuilding douche in 2008....
JAM
Getbig III

いちごいちえ

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2012, 10:13:22 AM »

How many of you switched up your routines for 2012?  I adjusted mine recently to more reps/sets/volume with lighter weight.  Tendonitis flare up in right elbow and a little sprain in right shoulder too so moderate to heavy is out for a while. 

Workouts are now a bit more cardio like with minimal rest between sets.  Good pumps and works so far.  Probably will take a couple months to let that heal up.   Wink
Rammstein
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2012, 08:16:30 AM »

I think I'm switching over to 531, and will start conservatively. Slow but sure progress for my old bones.

Have you tried taking cissus? Check out mobilitwod.com. Paul Carter recommends lots of light curls plus elbow sleeves:

Quick question actually, I remember you mentioning you had some tendinitis in your elbows and that it has gotten better. What did you do to fix it? Do you wear the inzer sleeves you have because of that? I have some bicep tendinitis mine originates in my shoulder but it's been wreaking havoc up and down my arm when it's inflamed just looking for ideas.

Thanks for another awesome post!

Paul CarterJan 25, 2012 09:06 AM
Jason - The elbow sleeves all the time. I would wear em about half the time before and that was a mistake. I wear em for every pressing session now. That an also concentrating on lots and lots of curls. Light for like 4-5 sets of 20. When I say light, I mean like 70-75 pound barbell curls and 30 pound db curls for 5 sets of 20. Helps a ton.

http://www.lift-run-bang.com/2012/01/company-that-you-keep.html
JAM
Getbig III

いちごいちえ

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2012, 10:37:45 AM »

I haven't started taking that or anything else really.  So far joints are ok. (not jinxing it I hope)  The MSM/Chondrotin helps and I have 2 bottles left.  So someday when it runs out or expires I might try the other stuff you mentioned.  

Except once in a while the tendonitis flares up in the right arm.  Probably not joint (ball socket, etc) related.  I think it is mostly that outer tendon from lots of right arm repetitive and shocking motions (kendo).  A good tennis wrap seems to help so far and adjusting my workout whenever it goes wacky.  

I think I'm on the same path as that guy who responded to you.  I lightened things up, go for higher reps, sets, and more volume vs heavy short and sweet.  I wear a wrap and so far it is getting better.  

Rhino
Getbig IV

Jesus Christ is lord and savior

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 10, 2012, 11:03:02 PM »

i take tribulus with great results. and saw palmetto as well to avoid sides.

X
charlievanriper
Getbig I

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2013, 08:17:32 PM »

55 yr old Natural Bodybuilder Glad to be a part of this forum Guys Thx
AVBG
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2013, 01:31:24 AM »

55 yr old Natural Bodybuilder Glad to be a part of this forum Guys Thx

Enjoy it Charlie. Be prepared to take some knocks, but don't take it too seriously
Soul Crusher
Competitors
Getbig V

Doesnt lie about lifting.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2013, 05:51:55 AM »

38 - no real signs of weakening yet
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!