Author Topic: MMA fighters vs. IFBB pros (Bob Chick Melting Down)  (Read 37296 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: MMA fighters vs. IFBB pros (Bob Chick Melting Down)
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2009, 05:00:10 PM »

i wouldnt sugest carrying a gun either. unless you like jail

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »

just because Bob sapp lost a couple fights....I dont think he played in the NFL but even if he did....it doesnt mean that MMA is rougher than the NFL. The NFL is way rougher. No question. And WAY more popular. Thats why they get paid the big bucks

NFL players are tough......and big ....and fast...and have vertical leaps

I'm not talking about money.
 And NFL players they are big and tough, you're right.
 But they can not beat a professional MMA fighter.

8)
Gracie Rules

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #402 on: July 30, 2009, 06:13:01 PM »

Oh wow!!! a big muscle guy, that needs a gun to defend himself.
 Listen bro, man up or shut up.

8)

Learn to read correctly, nowhere did I say that big guys should carry guns to defend themselves.  It was just advice to people who think that knowing how to fight is a huge asset and of great importance in life. 

Hey, if you want to devote your life to learning how to fight even though you will hardly ever need to use those skills in real life, knock yourself out! (no pun intended) :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: July 30, 2009, 06:14:27 PM »
for once i think i agree with bigbobs

Actually this is the second time, the first time was when you agreed that Nasser El Sonbaty deserved to win the Olympia three times (at least)  :)

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #404 on: July 30, 2009, 06:17:52 PM »
Actually this is the second time, the first time was when you agreed that Nasser El Sonbaty deserved to win the Olympia three times (at least)  :)

nobody knows who that is. let it go man  ;D

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #405 on: July 30, 2009, 07:14:45 PM »
Learn to read correctly, nowhere did I say that big guys should carry guns to defend themselves.  It was just advice to people who think that knowing how to fight is a huge asset and of great importance in life. 

Hey, if you want to devote your life to learning how to fight even though you will hardly ever need to use those skills in real life, knock yourself out! (no pun intended) :)

I'm not preaching violence, i don't fight in the streets, (well sometimes) lol.
 But i do like martial arts, and Ive been practicing for one week  ;). Not to be a tough guy,beating people up, or to prove myself that I'm the good or whatever. that's not what i believe.
 But when you hear all the time people saying, I'm big, i can benched 1 ton, i have 30 inches arm. I'm a bad ass this and that.plus if that's not enough they come up with. " i have a gun"
 Well, guess what? you're not. you can't fight, it doesn't matter how big your arms are and it doesn't matter how strong you are.
 Right now, if we talk about  violence, been tough and training nothing beats an MMA fighter.

Btw: what i said earlier was wrong, i didn't meant to be rude.please no hard feelings. otherwise...
 I was rolling when i posted that. ;D

Gracie Rules

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #406 on: July 30, 2009, 07:25:04 PM »
Why are so many guys here so obsessed with fighting ability?  How often do you end up in a street-fight situation?  Unless you're immature or a low-life, probalby few to none.  Fighting ability is cool the odd once in a lifetime where you might have to defend yourself, but big muscles look cool 24/7, wherever you go  8)  Besides, if you're really concerned about being in situations where you need to fight, why not just carry a weapon?  A twink with a gun would scare away any MMA fighter ;)

exactly

learning to fight isn't needed unless you compete or like being in jail, it's just another hobby

who do you think is more likely to get into a confrontation with some douche at the bar, the well built man or guys that look like kenny florian?

nobody knows the 150 lb fighter can fight, unless they have seen him on tv

when you're built everybody knows it and well built men get respect, when you're a skinny fighter nobody knows you can fight until some bigger douche at the bar tries to steal your girl

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2009, 08:29:05 PM »
That is ONE...yes count it....ONE fucking guy....a 300+ lb slow as hell guy with terrible conditioning.

I'm talking about HUNDREDS of strong, fast, well conditioned, elite athletes.

You can't tell me that out of the couple  hundred or so linebackers who play NFL football there aren't a few who wouldn't be able to compete at a high level with a few years of MMA training.

What is there even to argue or roll your eyes at??

4 former NFL players on the upcoming season of TUF.  I got my money on the guy with the fat belly, Big Country. 

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: July 30, 2009, 10:15:23 PM »

I'm not talking about money.
 And NFL players they are big and tough, you're right.
 But they can not beat a professional MMA fighter.

8)

What a stupid thing to say.

This guy just said that an NFL football player could not beat a professional MMA fighter.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #409 on: July 30, 2009, 10:16:21 PM »
4 former NFL players on the upcoming season of TUF.  I got my money on the guy with the fat belly, Big Country. 

So do I... my monies on Nelson.....what's you point?

Are those guys still in the NFL, btw??

That is still only 4 former players....Gracie used 1 former player as an example.....I was talking about HUNDREDS of NFL athletes....I promise you if every NFL player decided to pursue MMA as a career there would be a few that would knock Nelson on his fat ass.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #410 on: July 30, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »

i wouldnt sugest carrying a gun either. unless you like jail

why?If your a law abiding citizen you can carry a concealed weapon in the state I live.
DAWG

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #411 on: July 31, 2009, 09:00:16 AM »

I'm not preaching violence, i don't fight in the streets, (well sometimes) lol.
 But i do like martial arts, and Ive been practicing for one week  ;). Not to be a tough guy,beating people up, or to prove myself that I'm the good or whatever. that's not what i believe.
 But when you hear all the time people saying, I'm big, i can benched 1 ton, i have 30 inches arm. I'm a bad ass this and that.plus if that's not enough they come up with. " i have a gun"
 Well, guess what? you're not. you can't fight, it doesn't matter how big your arms are and it doesn't matter how strong you are.
 Right now, if we talk about  violence, been tough and training nothing beats an MMA fighter.

Btw: what i said earlier was wrong, i didn't meant to be rude.please no hard feelings. otherwise...
 I was rolling when i posted that. ;D

No worries man :)  My post was just directed at people with the attitude of, "what's the point of trying to build your physique if you don't know how to fight?" or "An MMA fighter can still beat up a pro bodybuilder." 

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #412 on: July 31, 2009, 11:07:17 AM »
So do I... my monies on Nelson.....what's you point?

Are those guys still in the NFL, btw??

That is still only 4 former players....Gracie used 1 former player as an example.....I was talking about HUNDREDS of NFL athletes....I promise you if every NFL player decided to pursue MMA as a career there would be a few that would knock Nelson on his fat ass.

Pure athleticism with no skills, or one dimensional skills will only take you so far (see Hammer House fighters).  Wrestlers do well because of their athleticism, and the ability to dictate where the fight takes place.  But if you aren't adept at BJJ, you end up being like Randleman, or Manhoef, both athletic FREAKS who constantly get subbed. 

The NFL has some of the worlds best athletes, but their ability to crossover would be limited if any.  Espcially if they haven't cultivated the muscle memory for specific skillsets needed in the modern MMA game. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #413 on: July 31, 2009, 06:26:15 PM »
I bet a lot of people care that steroids are sold to young guys in the gyms, the fact that you don't shows a lot.
owned

p.s bob sapp ruled. WTF happen to him ???
A

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #414 on: August 03, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »
owned

p.s bob sapp ruled. WTF happen to him ???

He still out there getting his ass kicked regularly.  Just lost to Bobby Lashley last month...
w