Author Topic: Frustrated Benchpresser  (Read 3946 times)

ngm21084

• Getbig IV
  • D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Re: Frustrated Benchpresser
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2009, 06:38:42 AM »
There are so many natural weaklings on this site.  What I mean is many of you cant help but have weak minds, weak bodies and weak lines.  Dedicated lifters break natural barriers everyday thats what makes them exceptional.  I posted a serious inquiry about technique not to lure idiots into the discussion.  Unless you have something serious to say keep your opinions to yourself...

Thank you.

calm down there sparky.....have you tried to change up your routine?  i noticed someone suggested trying a GVT program....i know the best increase in strength ive had was when i was doing a 5x5 routine....if you try it remember though that the fifth reps are supposed to be hard real hard and as soon as they stop becoming real hard then you need to put more weight on...im not talking twenty pounds im talking like 2.5 on each side or 5 maybe for progressive overload (i believe is what you would call it)...try this for 3-4 months then go and see how much you are benching...either way i WOULD LOVE TO SEE 170LB DB FOR A SET OF TEN...good luck bro

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
  • Scourge of the Northern Gods
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2009, 05:39:47 PM »
There are so many natural weaklings on this site.  What I mean is many of you cant help but have weak minds, weak bodies and weak lines.  Dedicated lifters break natural barriers everyday thats what makes them exceptional.  I posted a serious inquiry about technique not to lure idiots into the discussion.  Unless you have something serious to say keep your opinions to yourself...

Thank you.

If you're gonna troll, at least be more subtle about it.

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2009, 09:36:20 PM »
finally following up on my post..

all you need to know is right here.

if you think the video is bullshit, hoakie, a joke, or feel like "benching like a powerlifter"...i'll be honest.. you're a dumbass.

dave's advice has sent my bench far and above what it used to be even after some mishaps and injuries...implementing these ideas and technique have ensured not only continued success but LONGEVITY in my benchpress career.

good luck

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 11:11:50 PM »
Ryan, I totally agree with you about Tate.  As far as I'm concerned, the guy is almost up there with Louie Simmons in terms of training knowledge.  "The Artist Formerly Known As Heckler"-Approved. ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 11:10:15 AM »
Ryan, I totally agree with you about Tate.  As far as I'm concerned, the guy is almost up there with Louie Simmons in terms of training knowledge.  "The Artist Formerly Known As Heckler"-Approved. ;D

HAHA I'd put tate up as far as all around knowledge goes above louie..when it comes to PL louie is the godfather for a reason but ALOT of his techniques and training protocols seems to be more geared around geared lifters...no pun intended. Dave's methods are more circumvential and has a HUGE sports-specific protocol background too.

Dude where the hell have you been?  You posting more than lifting these days?

PANDAEMONIUM

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
HAHA I'd put tate up as far as all around knowledge goes above louie..when it comes to PL louie is the godfather for a reason but ALOT of his techniques and training protocols seems to be more geared around geared lifters...no pun intended. Dave's methods are more circumvential and has a HUGE sports-specific protocol background too.

Dude where the hell have you been?  You posting more than lifting these days?

Still lifting like a madman, just shaking things up lately with new emphases.  Been doing tons of overhead work and continue with some oly lifting. 

splinterhands

• Getbig II
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2009, 03:04:40 PM »

Great video.  I noticed some stuff I was doing wrong... 

My bad. ;D

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 01:19:50 PM »
here's a good big of advice too..

the more UNCOMFORTABLE you are in your TIGHT setup.. the tighter and BETTER your setup is..

check out the vincent d article over on wannabebig.com

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128784

Slin1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 01:54:01 PM »
How much you shoulderpress? (militarypress)
Money drugs and bitches