Author Topic: Bruce Lee's Lats  (Read 64216 times)

Steel-Lucifuge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Bruce Lee's Lats
« Reply #150 on: December 21, 2005, 07:06:56 AM »
Im sick of you wankers chirping about how tough Bruce Lee was. Almost any bodybuilder, any MMA or Football player would kill Lee in a fight.

Has Bruce ever fought against someone who weighed more than 140 lbs in real life? no. He only fought other oriental midget who had one dimensional styles.
Hey fucktard where did you get your information?
Out of your skinny useless crap hole?
Bruce only fought against 140 lbs or less midget?
He was a legit martial artist but also a street fighter who fought against guys with different sizes and fighting backgrounds.
If you don't know about shit then STFU.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #151 on: December 21, 2005, 07:08:17 AM »

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #152 on: December 21, 2005, 07:09:16 AM »
Hey fucktard where did you get your information?
Out of your skinny useless crap hole?
Bruce only fought against 140 lbs or less midget?
He was a legit martial artist but also a street fighter who fought against guys with different sizes and fighting backgrounds.
If you don't know about shit then STFU.

bullshit, i would have killed Bruce Lee, i don't care how skilled he was, he was just too damn small and skinny, i would have got him on the ground and smashed him, end of story.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #153 on: December 21, 2005, 07:41:36 AM »
bullshit, i would have killed Bruce Lee, i don't care how skilled he was, he was just too damn small and skinny, i would have got him on the ground and smashed him, end of story.
hahahahaa.
you would approach him thinking hes all tiny, and he would just look you in the eye....
then all of a sudden he would disappear.

he would then somehow reappear behind you, and strangle you with your own underwear, which he had removed while teleporting behind you without you even knowing it.

Steel-Lucifuge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: December 21, 2005, 07:53:16 AM »
Hey shit for brain, any of skilled bantam weight professional fighter would kill you in 10 second let alone Bruce Lee himself.
Your weight/ size means jackshit unless you know how to fight.
Keep living in a dream world where you are a bad ass, internet tough guy.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #155 on: December 21, 2005, 07:55:23 AM »
Hey shit for brain, any of skilled bantam weight professional fighter would kill you in 10 second let alone Bruce Lee himself.
Your weight/ size means jackshit unless you know how to fight.
Keep living in a dream world where you are a bad ass, internet tough guy.

i'd beat the fuck out of him and then go over to your moms house and slip the meat to her and then slap the shit out of her when i was finished.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Steel-Lucifuge

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2005, 08:08:33 AM »
i'd beat the f**k out of him and then go over to your moms house and slip the meat to her and then slap the shit out of her when i was finished.
Keep dreaming.
Real life losers need a place to release the stress/tension of being a complete useless social losers.
Internet makes such a wonderful playground to be pretending a bad ass, isn't it?
LOLOLOL.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: December 21, 2005, 08:14:25 AM »
Keep dreaming.
Real life losers need a place to release the stress/tension of being a complete useless social losers.
Internet makes such a wonderful playground to be pretending a bad ass, isn't it?
LOLOLOL.
meltdown.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #158 on: December 21, 2005, 08:17:17 AM »
Keep dreaming.
LOLOLOL.

hahahaha go practice fellatio on your neighbors gardenhose you poofter
$

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: December 21, 2005, 08:36:27 AM »
This thread is hilarious.

Bruce Lee was an actor/martial artist, nothing special. He was handsome, had martial arts skills, made it sound mystical and shit and the West ate it up, (like they do with all new fads). After the success of his movies in the States,  he could've told people to eat shit for breakfast and they probably would.

Its amazing how a movie actor can really put people in awe. Bruce spins some chains around and makes funny noises in greased up poses and some of you think he was God like.

Chuck Norris would smoke Bruce Lee in a real fight and the only reason Chuck doesn't say that is because it would have been suicide to his own fledgling film career. You dont slam a world famous person like Bruce and expect not to get blacklisted.

I'm not trying to say Bruce sucked ass but he wasn't as great as some of you are making him out to be.

This is the most sense in all this thread.I first watched enter the dragon when i was 5 (older brothers) and the vhs tape was then played at least 100 times in the next 10 years.Bruce was an incredibly charismatic,lean and handsome asian star who literally took over a camera when he was on it.My brothers would tell me that bruce developed a muscle in his body noone else had, through one inch punching no less.They also said he won this title and that title, numerous times.Guess what, I ate it up, I had all his films (all 5 of them) posters, nunchackas and the lunch box.I boxed in my teens and then took an interest in the fighting arts as a whole.Streetfighters,boxers, wrestlers , you name it I watched and read about it and thats whn it dawned on me.Bruce Lee was a movie star and someone with a good knowledge of martial arts, no more.

I read all the books on Bruce, watched all the video footage, what did I learn?Bruce won 0 titles, in fact never competed in a tournament.He routinely got his ass handed to him as a teen when streetfighting.In fact the one organised fight Bruce ever had, you know what happened?All those years of Wing Chun, all that training, Bruce within 30 seconds was panting,wheezing and all the techniques of wing chun went out the window and it turned in to the swing fest you see on a friday night outside the local bar.And this was against some nomark fighter from a local dojo.This is by Bruces admission folks, look it up.

His great feats of strength...This one really erks me,apart from in his fingers, Bruce possesed no great amount of strength.He worked on his finger strength religiously and at 140 it isnt hard to do bodyweight exercises.DIet down to 140 then spend 5 years on finger strength with the same passion you lift normally and ill laugh at you if you cant do finger pushups by then.Bruce weighed 140 at around 6% bf and benched 160 for 10.that means at 20% bf Bruce would have weighed around 165,would you find it remarkable for a guy in your gym with the latter stats BP 160 or curling 80?I didnt think so, In fact I see this every day.The one inch punch is a gimmick that has been done better by many people better since.

Heres something for the doubters to do, go watch an organised fight that most resembles a streetfight.Something like UFC or K1.Watch the styles that work.In other words Boxing and grappling.Bruces foundation style wing chun relied pretty much soley on very precise blocks,grabs and counters which have very little effect in a real fight.Real fights involve punching and then usually rolling round on the floor.Watch UFC the fights always start with some boxing then straight in to a grapple.Bruce would last 5 seconds in a ufc bout.Mike Tyson would kill Bruce in a ring or out of it.Organised fighting Have weight classes for a reason people. for the safety of lighter fighters.

Anyway I have written too much now.Bruce was a marvel on the screen and looked like he could beat your ass in 5 seconds.But then so did Keanu Reeves in the Matrix.Its Hollywood folks, dont read too much in to it.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #160 on: December 21, 2005, 08:42:55 AM »

ok "sarcasm" haha
Z

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #161 on: December 21, 2005, 08:43:39 AM »
ok "sarcasm" haha
you're probably 107lbs. like him.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #162 on: December 21, 2005, 08:51:22 AM »
.Bruce would last 5 seconds in a ufc bout.Mike Tyson would kill Bruce in a ring or out of it.Organised fighting Have weight classes for a reason people. for the safety of lighter fighters.

From what I understand Bruce Lee was all about being opened minded and mix things up, if he would have lived today instead of the 60's I picture him to be like Genki Sudo

Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #163 on: December 21, 2005, 08:51:57 AM »
you're probably 107lbs. like him.

ok "sarcasm" haha.
Z

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #164 on: December 21, 2005, 09:11:58 AM »
This is the most sense in all this thread.I first watched enter the dragon when i was 5 (older brothers) and the vhs tape was then played at least 100 times in the next 10 years.Bruce was an incredibly charismatic,lean and handsome asian star who literally took over a camera when he was on it.My brothers would tell me that bruce developed a muscle in his body noone else had, through one inch punching no less.They also said he won this title and that title, numerous times.Guess what, I ate it up, I had all his films (all 5 of them) posters, nunchackas and the lunch box.I boxed in my teens and then took an interest in the fighting arts as a whole.Streetfighters,boxers, wrestlers , you name it I watched and read about it and thats whn it dawned on me.Bruce Lee was a movie star and someone with a good knowledge of martial arts, no more.

I read all the books on Bruce, watched all the video footage, what did I learn?Bruce won 0 titles, in fact never competed in a tournament.He routinely got his ass handed to him as a teen when streetfighting.In fact the one organised fight Bruce ever had, you know what happened?All those years of Wing Chun, all that training, Bruce within 30 seconds was panting,wheezing and all the techniques of wing chun went out the window and it turned in to the swing fest you see on a friday night outside the local bar.And this was against some nomark fighter from a local dojo.This is by Bruces admission folks, look it up.

His great feats of strength...This one really erks me,apart from in his fingers, Bruce possesed no great amount of strength.He worked on his finger strength religiously and at 140 it isnt hard to do bodyweight exercises.DIet down to 140 then spend 5 years on finger strength with the same passion you lift normally and ill laugh at you if you cant do finger pushups by then.Bruce weighed 140 at around 6% bf and benched 160 for 10.that means at 20% bf Bruce would have weighed around 165,would you find it remarkable for a guy in your gym with the latter stats BP 160 or curling 80?I didnt think so, In fact I see this every day.The one inch punch is a gimmick that has been done better by many people better since.

Heres something for the doubters to do, go watch an organised fight that most resembles a streetfight.Something like UFC or K1.Watch the styles that work.In other words Boxing and grappling.Bruces foundation style wing chun relied pretty much soley on very precise blocks,grabs and counters which have very little effect in a real fight.Real fights involve punching and then usually rolling round on the floor.Watch UFC the fights always start with some boxing then straight in to a grapple.Bruce would last 5 seconds in a ufc bout.Mike Tyson would kill Bruce in a ring or out of it.Organised fighting Have weight classes for a reason people. for the safety of lighter fighters.

Anyway I have written too much now.Bruce was a marvel on the screen and looked like he could beat your ass in 5 seconds.But then so did Keanu Reeves in the Matrix.Its Hollywood folks, dont read too much in to it.

Thats the one thing all the "experts" on here forget.

Bruce was acting in movies when he was a teenager. He was an actor first and martial artist second and when he learned how gullible the West was with all that mystery, mystical, spritual meditation kung fu, fad stuff, he milked it for all it was worth. Years later, people still believe he could jump over a building as is evidenced by some of the  people here.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #165 on: December 21, 2005, 09:21:23 AM »
actually he was in his early 30's
Z

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: December 21, 2005, 09:52:50 AM »
actually he was in his early 30's

When he died yes, but he actually started acting as a child, appearing on chinese tv as a 1 year old and next as a 6yr old, he came from a theatrical family.

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #167 on: December 21, 2005, 10:34:08 AM »
When they did that scene in Colosseum, the story goes that Chuckie Boy started to go all out full contact, and it made Bruce real pissed, therefore he pinched a good piece of carpet from the chest of Chuckie, and went on to totally destroy that stiff legged fellas entirely.

I would love to see all the footage that were taken when that scene was filmed. When you look at the end of the scene, it is quite obvious that Chuckie Boy bit off more than he could chew, his face is weary and dusted, hehe.

Chuckie Boy got PWNED.

BTW, that is the only time Chuckieman has ever played the bad guy.

YIP
Zack
YUP! That's pretty much what happend. Like I said. People just love to shoot the king down. Always. Actually, he said himself that as he trained on his lawn many times someone would be at his fence, or jump the fence and challenge him to a fight. He would stop what he was doing, and whoever was in his presence he'd say,"I'll be back in less than 3 minutes" and he'd proceed to take out whoever it was in no more than 2 or 3 moves. Then he'd go back to what he was doing. Even guys near double his size were actually easier challenges due to the lack of speed in which they posessed. I think speed and technique will always beat raw power. Sorry to burst the bubble of those here who think they can beat a trained fighter just with strength. I know it's hard to believe, but accepting defeat is half the battle.
CEA999

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #168 on: December 21, 2005, 10:42:52 AM »
"Like everyone else you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept the way to lose. To accept defeat, to learn to die is to be liberated from. So free your ambitious mind, and learn the art of dying."

-Bruce Lee

There it is for all who think muscles makes 'em tough. ;D
CEA999

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #169 on: December 21, 2005, 10:50:40 AM »
YUP! That's pretty much what happend. Like I said. People just love to shoot the king down. Always. Actually, he said himself that as he trained on his lawn many times someone would be at his fence, or jump the fence and challenge him to a fight. He would stop what he was doing, and whoever was in his presence he'd say,"I'll be back in less than 3 minutes" and he'd proceed to take out whoever it was in no more than 2 or 3 moves. Then he'd go back to what he was doing. Even guys near double his size were actually easier challenges due to the lack of speed in which they posessed. I think speed and technique will always beat raw power. Sorry to burst the bubble of those here who think they can beat a trained fighter just with strength. I know it's hard to believe, but accepting defeat is half the battle.

Thats just comical, find me that quote from Bruce.Someone has been watching "dragon The Bruce Lee story" too much.

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #170 on: December 21, 2005, 10:52:07 AM »
When he died yes, but he actually started acting as a child, appearing on chinese tv as a 1 year old and next as a 6yr old, he came from a theatrical family.

Thanks, I knew someone would know this stuff. My martial arts knowledge and love of it is almost identical to yours. I started when  i was 6 and stopped at 20 and have been off and on since the age of 25, Im now 33.

I started with Karate, Tea kwon Do, wrestling, kick boxing and the last year and a half has been Pancration. In my experience its all useless bullshit for defense, (except mixed martail arts/boxing/wrestling). Tea Kwon Do, karate, Kung Fu all suck and have no purpose except maybe to learn the basics of kicking and punching and conditioning. But in actual fighting, its almost useless against an experienced boxer or grappler. Its all Kata's and forms. Thats how you get your belts. Kung Fu being the worst offender, its all ballet in my opinion.

Kicking guns and knives out of hands?  ::) Blocks that would break your own arm.  ::) This is just such basic knowledge if you've been involved in martial arts.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2005, 11:04:56 AM »
Thanks, I knew someone would know this stuff. My martial arts knowledge and love of it is almost identical to yours. I started when  i was 6 and stopped at 20 and have been off and on since the age of 25, Im now 33.

I started with Karate, Tea kwon Do, wrestling, kick boxing and the last year and a half has been Pancration. In my experience its all useless bullshit for defense, (except mixed martail arts/boxing/wrestling). Tea Kwon Do, karate, Kung Fu all suck and have no purpose except maybe to learn the basics of kicking and punching and conditioning. But in actual fighting, its almost useless against an experienced boxer or grappler. Its all Kata's and forms. Thats how you get your belts. Kung Fu being the worst offender, its all ballet in my opinion.

Kicking guns and knives out of hands?  ::) Blocks that would break your own arm.  ::) This is just such basic knowledge if you've been involved in martial arts.

Completely Agree.Its a shame most people are sucked in by the BS of KungFu.I still enjoy martial arts films but they are up there with LOTR films for me in terms of fantasy.I cringe whenever I see "Who would win lee or Gracie" or "In how many seconds would Lee beat Lennox Lewis".It simply needs to be understood that the best way to win a fight has to be ways that are instinctive.

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2005, 11:13:46 AM »
Here's one for the experts here, learn this move and you will be invincable. ::) :D

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #173 on: December 21, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »
interesting, do I have to wear stone washed jeans to do that kinda stuff?
$

chafed_nut_sack420

• Getbig IV
« Reply #174 on: December 21, 2005, 11:16:50 AM »
interesting, do I have to wear stone washed jeans to do that kinda stuff?

It helps.