Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 180088 times)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
Re: More Liberal Censorship
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2013, 03:01:22 PM »

You originally posted the dog video I posted above, but removed it before I could respond. Right at the beginning of the video, the narrator references the presence of the teaser bitch. In the horse video you posted, it is likely there was a mounting or teaser mare present. In the comments of the horse video, commenters wonder why the horse gets hard so fast. It appears to get semi-aroused before it is even touched.

I originally saw this as part of a TED talk about sexuality:
The video shows a human (in Denmark, maybe?) stimulating a female hog to the point of orgasm during artificial insemination (because there's said to be a school of thought whereby a female experiencing orgasm is more likely to conceive).  BTW, this might make for a funny WYHI thread.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #226 on: November 05, 2013, 03:15:43 PM »
Yes, it is a fact he decided he liked men better than women.  How could that not be a fact if he’s now an open homosexual, after previously being in an eight year relationship with a woman?? 

Are you being sincere here?  Because it seems most reasonable to me that he didn't all of a sudden decide he liked men better but he DID all of a sudden decide he was gonna be open about his preferences.  That's all.

Is it really your religion driving all this?  Seems like some folks are too hung up on this binary gender thing when it's clearly more complicated than that.

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #227 on: November 05, 2013, 03:29:47 PM »
Liberal commies at brown u just shut down ray kelly speech.   Fucking commie rats

Freedom of speech at work, there, amigo.  I applaud them.  As the Thai's say, "Som Nom Nah".  (Which kinda means "Serves you right" or "You karmically got what you deserved".)  (First two words rhyme with "home", 3rd word rhymes with "paw".)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2013, 05:16:42 PM »
Are you being sincere here?  Because it seems most reasonable to me that he didn't all of a sudden decide he liked men better but he DID all of a sudden decide he was gonna be open about his preferences.  That's all.

Is it really your religion driving all this?  Seems like some folks are too hung up on this binary gender thing when it's clearly more complicated than that.

Yes I'm being sincere.  I don't buy that "he's been gay his whole life" crap.  He made a choice.  After living with a woman for years who had no idea he was in the down low.  

My religion has nothing to do with my opinion.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2013, 05:20:57 PM »
Freedom of speech at work, there, amigo.  I applaud them.  As the Thai's say, "Som Nom Nah".  (Which kinda means "Serves you right" or "You karmically got what you deserved".)  (First two words rhyme with "home", 3rd word rhymes with "paw".)

That's not free speech.  That's disturbing the peace, etc. 

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #230 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31:12 PM »
Yes I'm being sincere.  I don't buy that "he's been gay his whole life" crap.  He made a choice.  After living with a woman for years who had no idea he was in the down low.  

Exactly.

It's a choice we've all fought against making, amarite?
Y

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2013, 08:07:44 AM »

Fair enough. 

Without thinking about a whole lot, I'm pretty sure I disagree (over-simplified analogy to follow):  If I like and would really enjoy eating chocolate cake but have chosen to refrain from eating it for years and years (for whatever reason) before  finally deciding, "Fuck it, I'm gonna eat me some chocolate cake" it doesn't mean I all of a sudden chose to like chocolate cake, it just means I've finally chosen to to eat it. 

(Hmmm, maybe the analogy above DOES apply pretty well to the Jason Collins thing;  Only instead of "chocolate cake" substitute "chocolate beef-cake".  haha)

BB, you seem smart so I think you already understand this viewpoint but just don't go along with it.  And I don't have much of a problem with that -- I have no dog in this fight.

My personal feeling is that though I believe gays should have all the legal rights straight people do, they don't deserve any special protections when it comes to being made fun of occasionally.  As long as it's genuinely funny (and not ONLY mean-spritited, it's ok.)

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2013, 08:12:57 AM »
That's not free speech.  That's disturbing the peace, etc. 

I see your point but feel that what they did was deserved and was definitely no more wrong than the Stop and Frisk practice.  (And, hell yeah, I feel that 2 wrongs DO make a right, sometimes.) 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2013, 09:30:25 AM »
Fair enough. 

Without thinking about a whole lot, I'm pretty sure I disagree (over-simplified analogy to follow):  If I like and would really enjoy eating chocolate cake but have chosen to refrain from eating it for years and years (for whatever reason) before  finally deciding, "Fuck it, I'm gonna eat me some chocolate cake" it doesn't mean I all of a sudden chose to like chocolate cake, it just means I've finally chosen to to eat it. 

(Hmmm, maybe the analogy above DOES apply pretty well to the Jason Collins thing;  Only instead of "chocolate cake" substitute "chocolate beef-cake".  haha)

BB, you seem smart so I think you already understand this viewpoint but just don't go along with it.  And I don't have much of a problem with that -- I have no dog in this fight.

My personal feeling is that though I believe gays should have all the legal rights straight people do, they don't deserve any special protections when it comes to being made fun of occasionally.  As long as it's genuinely funny (and not ONLY mean-spritited, it's ok.)

Here is the way I see it.  I was not a fan of Jerry Fallwell (sp?), but he said one thing a while ago that I agree with.  We all have different temptations.  Some people are susceptible to various drug or alcohol addictions, some food, some smoking, other lifestyle choices, etc.  People are tempted to do things in areas where they have weaknesses.  I think that's true of people who chose to become homosexuals.  They have temptations to engage in abnormal behavior.  Some engage, some do not.  At the end of the day, they make a choice, and there are numerous examples of people who have chosen that lifestyle and then come out of it.   

Regarding legal rights, I think the people should decide.  If a majority want to confer legal protections to LGBT, gender identity, and whatever other gender classification we want to create, then I respect what the people decide.  For example, I support traditional marriage, but our legislature is about to pass homosexual marriage here in about the next several days.  I disagree with the legislature deciding this instead of the people, but I'll respect that law.  That's the way democracy works.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2013, 09:31:59 AM »
It's always entertaining when Bum claims to know people better than they know themselves

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »
I see your point but feel that what they did was deserved and was definitely no more wrong than the Stop and Frisk practice.  (And, hell yeah, I feel that 2 wrongs DO make a right, sometimes.) 

How is a private citizen giving a speech responsible for a police officer frisking someone?  Don't see any correlation.  

There is a way to protest and get your point across without acting like an idiot.  Nobody listens to the kind disruption they engaged in.  

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2013, 09:36:08 AM »
Here is the way I see it.  I was not a fan of Jerry Fallwell (sp?), but he said one thing a while ago that I agree with.  We all have different temptations.  Some people are susceptible to various drug or alcohol addictions, some food, some smoking, other lifestyle choices, etc.  People are tempted to do things in areas where they have weaknesses.  I think that's true of people who chose to become homosexuals.  They have temptations to engage in abnormal behavior.  Some engage, some do not.  At the end of the day, they make a choice, and there are numerous examples of people who have chosen that lifestyle and then come out of it.   

Regarding legal rights, I think the people should decide.  If a majority want to confer legal protections to LGBT, gender identity, and whatever other gender classification we want to create, then I respect what the people decide.  For example, I support traditional marriage, but our legislature is about to pass homosexual marriage here in about the next several days.  I disagree with the legislature deciding this instead of the people, but I'll respect that law.  That's the way democracy works.

who the hell are you or anyone to decided what is normal or abnormal between two consenting adults

I think being a vegan is abnormal but it's none of my business what anyone else believes or chooses to do with their lives

regarding the idea that the majority should be able to vote on the rights of a minority (even in violation of the constitution) I assume you'd have no problem if the majority wanted to take away voting rights to redheads or some other random group

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2013, 02:49:49 AM »

Do you have a desire to fuck men but refrain from it because of your faith BB?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2013, 09:04:27 AM »

Do you have a desire to fuck men but refrain from it because of your faith BB?

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2013, 09:27:49 AM »
How is a private citizen giving a speech responsible for a police officer frisking someone?  Don't see any correlation.  

There is a way to protest and get your point across without acting like an idiot.  Nobody listens to the kind disruption they engaged in.  

Private citizen?  I thought Ray Kelly was the NYPD Police chief?  If I'm wrong, then never mind.

But if he is the chief then his men are regularly violating the rights of thousands and thousands of innocent people's rights by detaining and frisking them without cause so having a group of citizens let him know about the extent of their dissatisfaction with the practice by shouting him down and not letting him speak at their college campus not only doesn't seem so bad but it also seems like an effective way of garnering publicity about the problems many have with "Stop and Frisk". 

Of course, some of the attention is negative because it will seem to many like his rights to free speech are being infringed upon (I don't think they are to any appreciable degree - he has plenty of other soap-boxes to stand on.) but, again, it's a fair trade-off to me:   If Kelly doesn't respect the right of citizens to be free from unreasonable searches, why should the citizens respect his right to free speech?  Som nom nah, I say.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: November 07, 2013, 09:37:08 AM »
Private citizen?  I thought Ray Kelly was the NYPD Police chief?  If I'm wrong, then never mind.

But if he is the chief then his men are regularly violating the rights of thousands and thousands of innocent people's rights by detaining and frisking them without cause so having a group of citizens let him know about the extent of their dissatisfaction with the practice by shouting him down and not letting him speak at their college campus not only doesn't seem so bad but it also seems like an effective way of garnering publicity about the problems many have with "Stop and Frisk". 

Of course, some of the attention is negative because it will seem to many like his rights to free speech are being infringed upon (I don't think they are to any appreciable degree - he has plenty of other soap-boxes to stand on.) but, again, it's a fair trade-off to me:   If Kelly doesn't respect the right of citizens to be free from unreasonable searches, why should the citizens respect his right to free speech?  Som nom nah, I say.

You are correct.  He is public official. 

Still, that doesn't make the disruption any more palatable.  Especially at a university, which is supposed to be the marketplace of ideas.  Shouting someone down is just censorship.  It's a liberal hallmark.  Disagree with someone's opinion?  Silence it. 

There is no trade-off.  That's not how society works.  If people are opposed to his law enforcement policies, then challenge them by voting, protesting (appropriately), lobbying, and court challenges.  If they lose, suck it up and follow the law, or move to another state. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #241 on: November 07, 2013, 10:38:07 AM »
You are correct.  He is public official. 

Still, that doesn't make the disruption any more palatable.  Especially at a university, which is supposed to be the marketplace of ideas.  Shouting someone down is just censorship.  It's a liberal hallmark.  Disagree with someone's opinion?  Silence it. 

There is no trade-off.  That's not how society works.  If people are opposed to his law enforcement policies, then challenge them by voting, protesting (appropriately), lobbying, and court challenges.  If they lose, suck it up and follow the law, or move to another state. 

Not how a polite society works, I agree.  Not even how the society I would prefer works, I'll even add. 

Today's society, I'm sure you realize (and I'll join you in lamenting and risk sounding like old men railing about "kids these days") is more complicated.  Disruptions like the one at Brown make news (the squeaky wheel gets the greasin') and in today's society, with it's craven shit like viral marketing, it's to be expected. 

I start to understand and condone it, I guess, when I realize how many of our elected representatives, once in office, fail to support the policies they were elected to support. 
I tried in vain to search for a youtube clip from the old Bill Murray movie, Quick Change, where an old man in a public restroom, hearing Randy Quaid's moaning (due to Bill Murray ripping the taped stacks of money off of him) inside a stall and thinking some kind of kinky sex act was going on, says in disgust, "You can keep this city!"

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #242 on: November 07, 2013, 06:22:50 PM »
Not how a polite society works, I agree.  Not even how the society I would prefer works, I'll even add. 

Today's society, I'm sure you realize (and I'll join you in lamenting and risk sounding like old men railing about "kids these days") is more complicated.  Disruptions like the one at Brown make news (the squeaky wheel gets the greasin') and in today's society, with it's craven shit like viral marketing, it's to be expected. 

I start to understand and condone it, I guess, when I realize how many of our elected representatives, once in office, fail to support the policies they were elected to support. 
I tried in vain to search for a youtube clip from the old Bill Murray movie, Quick Change, where an old man in a public restroom, hearing Randy Quaid's moaning (due to Bill Murray ripping the taped stacks of money off of him) inside a stall and thinking some kind of kinky sex act was going on, says in disgust, "You can keep this city!"

There are plenty of ways to shine the spotlight on conduct people find abusive within the confines of free speech and expression.

But I do agree that way too many of our elected representatives fail to do what's in the best interests of the country and their constituents.  

I'm a recent convert to term limits.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: November 18, 2013, 09:08:15 AM »
Toe the line, or they will shut you up. 

D.C. insurance commissioner fired a day after questioning Obamacare fix
By Aaron C. Davis
Published: November 16, 2013

A day after he questioned President Obama’s decision to unwind a major tenet of the health-care law and said the nation’s capital might not go along, D.C. insurance commissioner William P. White was fired.

White was called into a meeting Friday afternoon with one of Mayor Vincent C. Gray’s (D) top deputies and told that the mayor “wants to go in a different direction,” White told The Washington Post on Saturday.

White said the mayoral deputy never said that he was being asked to leave because of his Thursday statement on health care. But he said the timing was hard to ignore. Roughly 24 hours later, White said, he was “basically being told, ‘Thanks, but no thanks.’ ”

White was one of the first insurance commissioners in the nation last week to push back against Obama’s attempt to smooth over part of the botched rollout of the Affordable Care Act: millions of unexpected cancellations of insurance plans.

In persuading Congress to vote for the health-care overhaul, Obama had promised that Americans who liked their insurance plans would be able to keep them. When that turned out to not be the case, Obama apologized last week. And to stem growing bipartisan dissent, he announced Thursday that plans slated to be canceled next year to comply with the legislation could be extended for one year.

While the president’s plan sounded like a simple fix, it rattled the insurance industry, which had set prices for next year based on many of its products changing to comply with the health-care law. Allowing some plans to continue beyond Jan. 1 could also run afoul of provisions in laws passed by dozens of states and the District to implement the Affordable Care Act.

In a statement issued Thursday, White hinted strongly that he opposed the idea.

“The action today undercuts the purpose of the exchanges, including the District’s DC Health Link, by creating exceptions that make it more difficult for them to operate,” the statement said.

He also pointed to a statement issued by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners that said the Obama order “threatens to undermine the new market, and may lead to higher premiums and market disruptions in 2014 and beyond.”

“We concur with that assessment,” White said Thursday.

White’s statement was removed from the department’s Web site sometime before Friday morning. Asked about the removal Friday, spokesman Michael Flagg said the department’s statement had changed.

“Our statement now is that we’re taking a close look at the implications of the president’s announcement on the District’s exchange and we will soon recommend a course of action after taking into consideration the positions of all the stakeholders,” Flagg wrote in an e-mail.

On Saturday, Flagg declined to comment on whether White had been fired, saying the department doesn’t comment on personnel issues.

A senior city official said White’s initial statement was sent to the mayoral communications director, Pedro Ribeiro, only minutes before it was issued publicly. It was not sent to Deputy Mayor Victor Hoskins, White’s immediate supervisor, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to speak about a personnel matter.

A formal statement critical of the president should have been closely vetted and approved by the mayor’s office, and White refused to acknowledge the misstep, the official said. White said Hoskins fired him Friday.

White said he thought he would have been derelict in his duties to not quickly make a statement on the president’s announcement.

“Everyone was looking for responses from the regulators. One of my chief concerns is always consistency and clarity in the marketplace — you can’t have something that big sitting out there without responding to it,” he said.

White had served as Gray’s commissioner for the D.C. Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking since February 2011. Prior to last week, his most high-profile and controversial role had been as chief of the department that took control of Chartered Health Plan, the city’s largest manager of health care for low-income residents, amid questions about “irregularities” in its finances.

Chartered was owned by businessman Jeffrey E. Thompson, who has been implicated in funding a $650,000 “shadow campaign” to elect Gray. White oversaw the successful sale of the insurer’s assets, and his department’s handling of the transition has been generally viewed positively.

White said he had known since he took the job that he served at the pleasure of the mayor. He said he was proud of his record and would have stayed.

On the president’s proposed health-care fix, he said: “I wasn’t saying I was against it, I also was saying I didn’t know enough to fully support it — I want to be clear, and I think it is, I was not speaking for Mayor Gray.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/dc-politics/dc-insurance-commissioner-fired-a-day-after-questioning-obamacare-fix/2013/11/16/b88eaea0-4f17-11e3-9890-a1e0997fb0c0_story.html?tid=pm_local_pop

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2013, 11:03:41 AM »
I'm surprised. 

Protection, at last? University with liberal bent bans political discrimination
By Faith Mangan, Alicia Acuna
Published November 20, 2013
FoxNews.com

The University of Colorado, which has a reputation for liberal politics, has banned discrimination based on political affiliation -- giving greater protection to students and faculty who speak their minds while on campus.

The policy is believed to be a first for any public college or university, and could help protect campus conservatives who might fear retribution for expressing their views in the classroom, or in written assignments.

While the measure was sponsored by two Republicans, the change was unanimously passed by the entire Board of Regents.

Regent Sue Sharkey, who spent months working on the policy change, points out: "This just wasn't a Republican or conservative initiative. Rather, we as a board came together as Democrats and Republicans to be unified."

Sharkey says it covers students and faculty, "to ensure... we were honoring their First Amendment rights and they could speak out on their political views and not feel they would be discriminated against based on that."

She recounted hearing stories from members of the campus community who told her about feeling diminished or silenced, unable to comfortably express their views.

The regents have also passed a resolution to conduct a campus survey. The study is expected to take the temperature of the campus climate.

Sharkey explains it "will really take a look at discrimination and how pervasive is it. And rather than having just anecdotal stories from students or faculty, we really want to find out how broad this is."

The school is also home to the Ward Churchill scandal.

Churchill is a former professor who was fired after a protracted legal battle. He infamously referred to victims of the 9/11 attacks as "little Eichmanns" – a reference to the Nazi leader.

Attorney David Lane represented him. Asked for reaction to the anti-discrimination policy change, Lane does not mince words: "Well, I wonder where they were when Ward Churchill needed that protection, frankly.

“It's called the First Amendment ... but I fully support the concept that people should not lose their jobs, their government jobs on a government campus, like the University of Colorado, based on their ideas or their speech. I'm all in favor of that,” he said.

Now if someone feels discriminated against for their political views or affiliation, he or she will be able to file a complaint with the office of non-discrimination and have it investigated.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/20/protection-at-last-university-with-liberal-bent-bans-political-discrimination/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: January 15, 2014, 09:54:19 AM »
CA Teacher Forces Student to Stop Talking About Bible
War on Christmas: The Aftermath

On December 19, a school teacher in Temecula, California told her first grade student, Brynn Williams, that she could not present her family's Christmas tradition of a star of Bethlehem at her school, according to local reports.

Brynn's class was assigned to do a 1-minute presentation about an object that best represents their family's Christmas tradition. When Brynn stood up to give her presentation, she began reciting a Bible verse just before the teacher interrupted and told her to ”go take your seat". She was the only student not allowed to finish her presentation.

"When this took place she was hurt," said Brynn's father Shane, "she felt that she had done something wrong and she was going to be punished."

Brynn's family has since sought legal counsel with Advocates for Faith & Freedom.

"The disapproval and hostility that Christian students have come to experience in our nation's public schools has become epidemic,” said Robert Tyler, general counsel for Advocates for Faith & Freedom, "I hope that (the school district ) will take the lead role in adopting a model policy to prohibit this abuse that has become all too common place for religious-minded students."

The Temecula Valley School District released only the following statement:

The Temecula Valley Unified School District respects all students' rights under the Constitution and takes very seriously any allegation of discrimination. Due to the fact that District officials are currently investigating the allegations, it would be inappropriate to provide further comment at this time.

This story broke shortly after advocates for religious freedom picked up on another controversial incident in a West Covina school district where another teacher prevented her student from bringing on campus "candy canes with a religious message".

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/ca-teacher-forces-student-stop-talking-about-bible

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2014, 10:49:57 AM »
Only opinions that liberals agree with are tolerated. 

Latina actress Maria Conchita Alonso out of play over support of Tea Party candidate
Published January 19, 2014
FoxNews.com

A San Francisco arts organization has parted ways with a well-known Latina actress, who was to star in its rendition of “The Vagina Monologues,” after the thespian appeared in a political ad with a California Tea Party lawmaker who is running for governor.

“We really can’t have her in the show, unfortunately,” Eliana Lopez, the producer, told KPIX 5 of Maria Conchita Alonso’s resignation on Friday from the cast of Brava! For Women in the Arts’ upcoming Spanish performance of the Eve Ensler play.

“Of course she has the right to say whatever she wants. But we’re in the middle of the Mission. Doing what she is doing is against what we believe.”

Several Latino organizations have criticized Alonso -- a former Miss Venezuela who gained Hollywood fame for hits like “The Running Man,” and “Moscow on the Hudson” -- for endorsing Tim Donnelly, a California State Assemblyman from San Bernardino.

Connelly founded a state chapter of the Minutemen, an armed vigilante border patrol group, and has vigorously fought against measures that allow California's undocumented immigrants to attend public colleges at the same tuition rates as other residents, as well as permit them to obtain driver’s licenses, according to Fox News Latino.

In the Connelly ad, released Jan. 13, Alonso holds a small dog that she introduces as “Tequila” and at times uses vulgar expressions as she translates remarks by Donnelly about his views on various issues into Spanish.

“Politicians and big government are killing our prosperity, pushing welfare costs through the roof and driving our schools into the ground,” Donnelly reportedly notes in the ad.

Then, while standing next to him, Alonso jokingly translates it all by saying, “We’re screwed.”

“The Tim Donnelly ad with Maria Conchita Alonso ad is so bad it’s almost laughable,” Café Con Leche, a Latino Republican group, said in a statement. “The ad seems designed to appeal to Hispanic voters, but instead insults the intelligence of many Hispanic voters.”

Brava! For Women in the Arts’ production of “The Vagina Monologues” is scheduled to show at the venue it owns and operates called the Brava Theater Center, located in San Francisco’s Mission District, a neighborhood heavily populated with people of Latin descent.

For her part, Alonso was reportedly born in Cuba and spent the first five years of her life there, until her family moved to Venezuela in 1962. She became a U.S. citizen in 2005.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/19/latina-actress-maria-conchita-alonso-out-play-over-support-tea-party-candidate/?intcmp=latestnews

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »
Only opinions that liberals agree with are tolerated. 

Latina actress Maria Conchita Alonso out of play over support of Tea Party candidate
Published January 19, 2014
FoxNews.com

A San Francisco arts organization has parted ways with a well-known Latina actress, who was to star in its rendition of “The Vagina Monologues,” after the thespian appeared in a political ad with a California Tea Party lawmaker who is running for governor.

“We really can’t have her in the show, unfortunately,” Eliana Lopez, the producer, told KPIX 5 of Maria Conchita Alonso’s resignation on Friday from the cast of Brava! For Women in the Arts’ upcoming Spanish performance of the Eve Ensler play.

“Of course she has the right to say whatever she wants. But we’re in the middle of the Mission. Doing what she is doing is against what we believe.”

Several Latino organizations have criticized Alonso -- a former Miss Venezuela who gained Hollywood fame for hits like “The Running Man,” and “Moscow on the Hudson” -- for endorsing Tim Donnelly, a California State Assemblyman from San Bernardino.

Connelly founded a state chapter of the Minutemen, an armed vigilante border patrol group, and has vigorously fought against measures that allow California's undocumented immigrants to attend public colleges at the same tuition rates as other residents, as well as permit them to obtain driver’s licenses, according to Fox News Latino.

In the Connelly ad, released Jan. 13, Alonso holds a small dog that she introduces as “Tequila” and at times uses vulgar expressions as she translates remarks by Donnelly about his views on various issues into Spanish.

“Politicians and big government are killing our prosperity, pushing welfare costs through the roof and driving our schools into the ground,” Donnelly reportedly notes in the ad.

Then, while standing next to him, Alonso jokingly translates it all by saying, “We’re screwed.”

“The Tim Donnelly ad with Maria Conchita Alonso ad is so bad it’s almost laughable,” Café Con Leche, a Latino Republican group, said in a statement. “The ad seems designed to appeal to Hispanic voters, but instead insults the intelligence of many Hispanic voters.”

Brava! For Women in the Arts’ production of “The Vagina Monologues” is scheduled to show at the venue it owns and operates called the Brava Theater Center, located in San Francisco’s Mission District, a neighborhood heavily populated with people of Latin descent.

For her part, Alonso was reportedly born in Cuba and spent the first five years of her life there, until her family moved to Venezuela in 1962. She became a U.S. citizen in 2005.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/01/19/latina-actress-maria-conchita-alonso-out-play-over-support-tea-party-candidate/?intcmp=latestnews

I see you still haven't learned the definition of censorship yet

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: January 21, 2014, 08:32:36 AM »
Typical.

Cuomo: 'Extreme Conservatives,' Pro-Lifers Not Welcome in NY
Cortney O'Brien | Jan 18, 2014

If anti-abortion activists thought those 35 feet ‘buffer zones’ currently in place around abortion clinics were restrictive, wait until they hear the boundary New York Governor Andrew Cuomo wants to draw for them. Calling into “The Capitol Pressroom” radio show Friday morning, the liberal leader made it clear just what he thinks about conservatives and pro-lifers:

“The Republican Party candidates are running against the SAFE Act — it was voted for by moderate Republicans who run the Senate! Their problem is not me and the Democrats; their problem is themselves. Who are they? Are they these extreme conservatives who are right-to-life, pro-assault-weapon, anti-gay? Is that who they are? Because if that’s who they are and they’re the extreme conservatives, they have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”

Cuomo’s comments perhaps come as no surprise to those familiar with his proposed Women’s Equality Act - legislation which works opposite its title thanks to its radical abortion agenda. Although the measure was defeated last year, Cuomo, in his fourth State of the State address, declared he was determined to try again in 2014.

Dan Janison at Long Island’s Newsday asks a poignant question about Cuomo’s recent condescending remarks: What if the conservative governor of a red state made these comments about extreme liberals?

Just imagine for a moment if Haley Barbour or Rick Perry said: “Do you support abortion rights? Do you support same-sex marriage? Do you support gun control? Then, you have no place in this state because that's not who we are.”

Those remarks would be ripe for some mocking exposure on MSNBC.

True, MSNBC would have no mercy on Perry and Barbour. Nor should we be soft on Cuomo. We should be attacking his comments, which alienated a large bloc of voters, just as much as the left jumped all over Romney’s ‘47 percent’ gaffe.

One more point from Janison:

Did the governor become a bit, uh, extreme in his critique of extremists?

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/cortneyobrien/2014/01/18/cuomo-extreme-conservatives-prolifers-arent-welcome-in-ny-n1781071

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #249 on: February 10, 2014, 10:32:46 AM »
Iowa Republicans blast law school over refusal to hire conservative professor as faculty
By Cristina Corbin
Published April 06, 2012
FoxNews.com

Iowa Republicans are taking aim at the state's top law school for denying a faculty position to a conservative law professor, who an assistant dean once said embraces politics the rest of the faculty "despises."   

Teresa Wagner, who works as an associate director of writing at the University of Iowa College of Law, is suing former dean Carolyn Jones for employment discrimination, claiming she was not hired for a professor position because Jones and other law faculty disapproved of her conservative views and activism.

To hold a law faculty position at the publicly funded university is viewed as a "sacred cow," Wagner said in an interview, and "Republicans need not apply."

The case, which goes to trial this October, has become a chief concern for Republicans in Johnson County, who on Monday passed a resolution calling on the Iowa House of Representatives' oversight committee to investigate hiring practices involved in Wagner's case and others like it.

"We think the hiring policies need to be such where there are certainly non-discriminatory practices which relate to political philosophy, as well as to race and gender and other issues," said Bob Anderson, chairman of the Johnson County Republican Party. He claims students are deprived of "diversity of political thought" when conservative thinkers, like Wagner, are rejected based on their politics.

"We have a very active, conservative Republican community within the University of Iowa, which has not been met with an appropriate sense of respect for their ideas," he told FoxNews.com. "We see generally the climate as unfavorable." 

Wagner, who graduated with honors from the law school in 1993, has taught at the George Mason University School of Law. She has also worked for the National Right to Life Committee, which opposes abortion, and the conservative Family Research Council.

In 2006, Wagner applied for a full-time instructor position with the law school and was denied. She was also rejected for an adjunct or full-time position in four subsequent attempts, according to her attorney, Stephen T. Fieweger.

"For the first time in years, there are more registered Republicans in the state of Iowa than there are Democrats, which is obviously not reflected at the University of Iowa," Fieweger told FoxNews.com.

Fieweger said Wagner's candidacy was dismissed because of her conservative views, and he cited a 2007 email from Associate Dean Jonathan C. Carlson to Jones in which Carlson wrote: "Frankly, one thing that worries me is that some people may be opposed to Teresa serving in any role, in part at least because they so despise her politics (and especially her activism about it)."

Associate Dean Eric Andersen was not immediately available for comment when contacted Thursday. Tom Moore, a spokesman for the university, told the Iowa City Press Citizen last week that the school is "committed to equal opportunity, diversity and to following fair hiring practices."

Wagner's case was initially dismissed in a lower court that ruled the dean could hire whomever she wishes. But the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit, in St. Louis, reinstated it in December. A trial is set for Oct. 15.

Fieweger said the law school and academic institutions in general have been so "entrenched" in discriminating against conservative-minded faculty over the years that "they don't recognize they're doing it."

At the time Wagner filed her complaint, Fieweger said, the number of registered Republicans on the law faculty stood at one.

Fieweger said the school argues Wagner was rejected because she "stunningly flunked the interview" in refusing to teach analysis -- a claim he said "just doesn't make sense and the jury is going to see that."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/05/iowa-republicans-blast-law-school-over-refusal-to-hire-conservative-professor/

Federal Appeals Court to Decide if Politics Should Factor in Law School Hiring
Sunday, 09 Feb 2014
By Elliot Jager

A Federal Court of Appeals in St. Paul, Minn., will on Feb. 13 hear arguments in a case involving a law school accused of refusing to hire a highly qualified instructor because she is also an anti-abortion activist, according to a Wall Street Journal op-ed by Peter Berkowitz.

The case, Wagner v. Jones, involves Teresa Wagner, who had applied for the job of legal writing instructor at the University of Iowa law school, and Dean Carolyn Jones, who allegedly refused to hire her on political grounds.

According to Berkowitz, a senior fellow at Stanford's Hoover Institution and a constitutional scholar, the legal question is "whether a state law-school may deny employment to faculty candidates because of their political beliefs."

Wagner had been working part-time for the law school when two full-time slots for legal-writing instructors became available. She applied and became a finalist for one of the openings, according to Berkowitz.

Wagner's credentials were extensive; she was a trial attorney; had edited scholarly books, and written a legal brief used in a U.S. Supreme Court case involving partial-birth abortions. The law school committee dealing with faculty appointments recommended giving her the job.

But the overwhelmingly liberal law-school faculty voted against Wagner; Jones said she "flunked" her interview.

Of the two available positions one went to a liberal who subsequently resigned. The second is being staffed by adjunct instructors including one with known pro-abortion sensibilities, according to Berkowitz.

Wagner sued the school. A jury agreed that her rights had been violated. However the panel could not agree to hold the law dean exclusively responsible. Through legal machinations the case was dismissed.
Wager wants the appeals court to order a new trial.

At the time of her rejection, the law school had a single registered Republican on its 50-member faculty. Since she launched her suit, the school has hired several more.

Berkowitz argues: "Hiring decisions should be based on candidates' merits, including their ability to vigorously present in the classroom and criticize conservative as well as progressive views. If the Eighth Circuit protects Teresa Wagner's constitutional rights, the court will also bolster legal education in America by promoting its depoliticization."

http://www.newsmax.com/US/politics-law-school-hiring/2014/02/09/id/551713#ixzz2swgBvhEM