Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 180074 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: More Liberal Censorship
« Reply #275 on: February 09, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »
am I talking to you

aren't you the closet queer who claims I stalk him yet you can't stop responding to any post I make whether it's directed to you or not

:'(

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #276 on: February 09, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #277 on: February 09, 2015, 01:31:41 PM »
Go back to bed loser.

You don't even lift - go back to bed Strawpajamafag

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #278 on: February 09, 2015, 01:46:30 PM »
You don't even lift - go back to bed Strawpajamafag

Go back to bed loser.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #279 on: February 10, 2015, 11:14:40 AM »
 :-\

Students opposed to LGBT agenda shamed in classroom
By Todd Starnes
Published February 09, 2015
FoxNews.com
Facebook2166 Twitter334 livefyre5219 Email Print

Students at Acalanes High School were given a handout with LGBT terminology – including words like pan-sexual, demi-boy and gray gender.

Teenagers at a California high school were publicly shamed for disagreeing with speakers allowed to push an LGBT agenda during an English class, according to several upset parents.

The Queer Straight Alliance at Acalanes High School, in Lafayette, lectured students in several ninth-grade English classes on Jan. 29 about LGBT issues, according to Brad Dacus, president of the Pacific Justice Institute, which is representing the parents.

During the class, the students, ages 14 and 15, were instructed to stand in a circle. Then, they were grilled about their personal beliefs and their parents’ beliefs on homosexuality, PJI alleges.

“The QSA had students step forward to demonstrate whether they believed that being gay was a choice and whether their parents would be accepting if they came out as gay,” PJI attorney Matthew McReynolds said. “Students who did not step forward were ridiculed and humiliated.”

PJI is a law firm that specializes in religious liberty cases. They are representing several families who had children in the freshman classes -- some of whom also are angry because there was no parental notification of the LGBT lecture.

“Singling out students for ridicule based on their moral or political beliefs is a Marxist tactic that should have no place in the United States of America,” Dacus said.

During the lecture, the Queer Student Alliance provided students with the names of the gay and lesbian teachers at the high school. They also had students line up to demonstrate where they fell on the “gender spectrum.”

“It was an exercise in gender fluidity,” the parent of one child told me. “They told the students that one day they could come to school feeling like a boy and the next day they could come to school feeling like a girl.”

Students were given a handout with LGBT terminology – including words like pan-sexual, demi-boy and gray gender.

Demi-boy/girl is defined as someone who only partially identifies as a man or woman. Gray gender defines someone who feels as though they sort of fit inside the gender binary, but that their gender is more hazy and undefined.

“Acalanes High School and the district have defied common sense, ignored the law and broken parents’ trust,” McReynolds said in a prepared statement. “These administrators are acting like schoolyard bullies. If they think intimidation is going to work on us or these parents, they are greatly mistaken.”

“It was a public outing,” one parent told me. “My child is being raised in a family with conservative values. We are a Christian family. What bothers me the most is the school is being dishonest and secretive about what’s happening. My son’s value system and our belief system is not being respected on a many levels.”

And from a very practical point – she wants to know why the Queer Student Alliance was allowed to take over an English class.

“There’s no other club at the high school that gets face time in front of freshman English classes for an entire period,” the parent said.

So why is Acalanes High School outing students who may not agree with every facet of the LGBT agenda?

Superintendent John Nickerson tells me it’s all about tolerance.

“The classroom instruction in question was part of a tolerance workshop led by peer educators under the supervision of teachers,” Nickerson wrote to me in an email.

That’s all well and good – but were the teenagers academically qualified to teach a class on issues like “gender fluidity”? Why weren’t the teachers teaching the class? And what about the allegations that students were bullied by the Queer Student Alliance?

“We are aware of the concerns and allegations raised by two parents and the Pacific Justice Institute,” he wrote. “We are investigating the situation, learning activities and classroom environment.”

This happens to be the same high school that invited a “pleasure activist” from Planned Parenthood to teach sex education to the freshman class. Students were encouraged to ask each other questions like “Is it okay if I take my pants off?”

The parent I spoke to bristled at the notion the LGBT class was about tolerance.

“They are tolerant of everyone except people who have Christian values,” she told me.

PJI sent a letter to the school district demanding an explanation of what happened. They believe the classroom lecture violated the privacy rights of the students.

“It should be self-evident that, as a fundamental privacy right, students cannot be ‘outed’ during class time by being made to declare their beliefs and feelings about sensitive sexual matters, any more than a student could be required to announce their sexual orientation,” PJI wrote in their letter to the school district.

Has it really come to this, America – forcing students to declare their allegiance to the LGBT agenda? Maybe they should just stick to teaching English in English class.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/02/09/students-opposed-to-lgbt-agenda-shamed-in-classroom/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2015, 11:27:08 AM »
Dr. Carson's response:

Ben Carson: 'Christian Values' Landed Me on 'Extremist' List

Image: Ben Carson: 'Christian Values' Landed Me on 'Extremist' List (Scott Olson/Getty Images)
Monday, 09 Feb 2015
By Sandy Fitzgerald

Likely 2016 presidential candidate Dr. Ben Carson Monday fired back at the Southern Poverty Law Center, which has included him in its "Extremist Files" because of his long-stated opinions against same-sex marriage.

"It is important for us to once again advocate true tolerance," the retired neurosurgeon said in a statement. "That means being respectful of those with whom we disagree and allowing people to live according to their values without harassment."

Further, said Carson, the nation is approaching the stage where "wrong is called right" at a time "when embracing traditional Christian values is equated to hatred" and "it is nothing but projectionist when some groups label those who disagree with them as haters."

By naming Carson to its list, the SPLC includes him along with former Ku Klux Klan leader and Louisiana politician David Duke and numerous KKK members, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and more.

The SPLC, using a series of Carson quotes to back up its assertions, claims that after Carson came to conservatives' attention with his speech condemning the Affordable Care Act at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast, he soon "was appearing as the keynoter at a rash of right-wing and hate group gatherings, linking gays with pedophiles, comparing the U.S. to Nazi Germany and endorsing biblical economic practices for 21st century America."

The SPLC is based in Montgomery, Alabama, and describes itself as a civil rights organization. It includes on its "Hate Map" what many on the right consider to be simply conservative groups, such as the Family Research Council.

Carson is not the first prominent conservative to land on one of the SPLC's lists, reports The Blaze. Last year, historian David Barton and American Center for Security Policy founder Frank Gaffney were also added to the center's lists.

The SPLC says its "hate map" targets those groups that follow "beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics" and is "compiled using hate group publications and websites, citizen and law enforcement reports, field sources and news reports."

http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/Ben-Carson-SPLC-extremist-file-gays/2015/02/09/id/623629/#ixzz3RHbVngIc

Liberal SPLC Removes Ben Carson From 'Extremist Files'
Wednesday, 11 Feb 2015
By Greg Richter

The Southern Poverty Law Center has removed Dr. Ben Carson from its "Extremist Files," citing "intense criticism" in recent days.

A statement on the group's website now replaces Carson's "Extremist File" page, where quotes he made opposing same-sex marriage were cited as the reason for including him with Ku Klux Klan members, skinheads and other white supremacists.

"In October 2014, we posted an 'Extremist File' of Dr. Ben Carson. This week, as we've come under intense criticism for doing so, we've reviewed our profile and have concluded that it did not meet our standards, so we have taken it down and apologize to Dr. Carson for having posted it," the statement on the group's website reads.

But the group didn't completely back down, noting "We've also come to the conclusion that the question of whether a better-researched profile of Dr. Carson should or should not be included in our 'Extremist Files' is taking attention from the fact that Dr. Carson has, in fact, made a number of statements that express views that we believe most people would conclude are extreme."

The statements in question are then listed.

"We laud Dr. Carson for his many contributions to medicine and his philanthropic work, and we, like so many others, are inspired by his personal story," the statement reads. "Nevertheless, particularly because Dr. Carson is such a prominent person, we believe that his views should be closely examined."

Carson is widely expected to run for president as a Republican in 2016.

"I want to thank all the people who have spoken up in my behalf," Carson said Wednesday on Fox News Channel's "The O'Reilly Factor." "I think it's obviously quite ridiculous.

The SPLC, based in Montgomery, Alabama, describes itself as a civil rights organization, and includes on its "Hate Map" what many on the right consider to be simply conservative groups, including the Family Research Council.

The SPLC's list has worked to shut people up because they are afraid they might end up on their list, Carson told Fox News.

http://www.Newsmax.com/US/Ben-Carson-Southern-Poverty-Law-Center-extremist-files/2015/02/11/id/624277/#ixzz3RYoiWZWG

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #281 on: February 19, 2015, 11:47:24 AM »
Atlanta’s former fire chief sues the city, says he was fired because of religious beliefs
By Abby Ohlheiser
February 18, 2015

Former Atlanta fire chief Kelvin Cochran, third from right, observes a moment of prayer as religious groups rally to support him in January. (David Goldman/AP file)

The standoff between former Atlanta fire chief Kelvin Cochran and the city that used to employ him escalated on Thursday, when Cochran’s attorneys announced that they have filed a federal lawsuit.

The suit accuses the city of firing Cochran because of his religious beliefs, violating his constitutional rights.

Cochran’s case has become a focal point in a larger national debate over public religious expression protections and the civil rights of LGBT Americans.

Cochran, who is an evangelical Christian, was terminated in January after a city investigation pertaining to his self-published book, “Who Told You That You Were Naked,” a Bible study-style text that covers a range of his personal religious beliefs. In one section of the book, Cochran called “homosexuality” and “lesbianism” a “sexual perversion” morally equivalent to “pederasty” and “bestiality.”

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said in January that Cochran’s firing was over his “judgment and management skills,” and that “Cochran’s personal religious beliefs are not the issue.” The city had suspended Cochran in November, after questioning whether the book’s passages on homosexuality violated the city’s non-discrimination policy.

But that is not at all how Cochran and his growing number of supporters see things.

“To actually lose my childhood-dream-come-true profession – where all of my expectations have been greatly exceeded – because of my faith is staggering,” Cochran said in a statement released with news of the lawsuit. “The very faith that led me to pursue my career has been used to take it from me.”

The complaint, provided by Cochran’s lawyers, claims: “Defendants fired Cochran solely because he holds religious beliefs concerning same-sex marriage and homosexual conduct that are contrary to the Mayor’s and the City’s views on these subjects.”

It adds: “Cochran, and other City employees who agree with Cochran’s religious views regarding same-sex marriage and homosexual conduct, are under a constant state of threat of the City taking adverse action against them — up to and including termination — if they express those views inside and outside of work.”

In an administrative federal discrimination complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission last month, Cochran stated: “I have been discriminated against because of my religion — Christian.”

Last week, six members of Georgia’s congressional delegation wrote a letter to Mayor Reed in support of Cochran’s reinstatement. “Your action against Chief Cochran appears to violate fundamental principles of free speech and religious freedom,” it reads. “The only way Chief Cochran could avoid his views would be to disown his religion.”

The letter, written by Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R) and co-signed by five other Republican members of Congress, adds: “Atlanta itself engaged in an act of discrimination.”

Cochran’s case has become a rallying point for several conservative religious groups that believe some laws and policies designed to protect LGBT individuals from discrimination are a violation of religious liberty protections. Those groups include the Alliance Defending Freedom, which is legally representing Cochran;  the Faith and Freedom Coalition; the Family Research Council; and the Georgia Baptist Convention.

“The idea that the government can force public servants to surrender their First Amendment rights is outrageous,” Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said at a mid-January religious freedom rally at the Georgia State Capitol, according to the Christian Post. “If a government will fire someone for their religious beliefs, no beliefs are safe from government regardless of how sacred those beliefs may be. Mayor Reed is sending a very clear message that Christians must check their faith at the door of public service.”

On its Web site, the Alliance Defending Freedom takes the position that same-sex marriage is “the most prominent and pressing danger to fundamentally altering marriage, as it undermines the good that marriage provides society” — and that “those who believe in marriage,” by which the group means those who believe in heterosexual marriage only, “are politically, culturally, and legally persecuted for those beliefs.”

Cochran’s dismissal has also hovered in the background of a pair of controversial religious liberty bills currently being considered in the Georgia legislature.

The city has the support of LGBT rights groups such as Georgia Equality and Lambda Legal, along with the Atlanta Professional Firefighters Union, which released a statement commending Reed for Cochran’s termination. “Local 134 supports LGBT rights and equality among all employees,” it reads.

Human Rights Campaign president Chad Griffin said in January that “the fact that Mayor Reed lost confidence in Kelvin Cochran’s ability to do his job is completely unsurprising, and his decision to terminate Cochran was right, fair and in the best interest of all Atlanta’s residents.

“People of faith take their religious convictions with them to the workplace every day, but Cochran’s unprofessional and irresponsible conduct was completely unrelated to his personal convictions.”

Jenna Garland, a spokeswoman for Mayor Reed, said Wednesday that the city of Atlanta would “rigorously defend” itself against Cochran’s legal actions and is “confident that the decision to terminate Mr. Cochran was both the right thing to do and fully legal.”

The city also disagreed with Cochran’s version of the story on several major points, as it has done in the past.

In the compliant and in previous statements, Cochran has said that he sought the permission of Nina Hickson, the City of Atlanta Ethics Officer, before publishing the book. He says he was told that “so long as the subject matter of the book is not the city government or fire department he could write the book.”

Garland, the mayor’s spokeswoman, countered in a lengthy January statement that “Mr. Cochran was told that the City Code required him to get the approval of the Board of Ethics before publishing his book, something he admits he never did.”

Cochran has also said, both in the complaint and in his previous administrative discrimination filing, that “the [city] investigation revealed zero instances of discrimination by me against any other employee of the city.”

“What he was actually told was that his distribution of a book about his beliefs within his department had caused his employees to question his ability to continue to lead a diverse workforce,” Garland’s January statement reads, adding that the city believes Cochran’s overall conduct before and during the investigation “reflected poor judgment and failure to follow clearly defined work protocols.”

“The City of Atlanta remains a place where all people, including those who share Mr. Cochran’s beliefs, are equally valued and respected,” Garland added on Wednesday. “However, religious beliefs cannot shield any employee from the consequences of poor judgment and insubordination.”

Both sides of the matter do agree that Cochran distributed his book to several Atlanta fire employees during his tenure.

Cochran’s complaint says that the fire chief distributed the book to “10 AFRD employees who he knew were Christians,” and who had requested copies of the book; to “approximately 3-5 additional employees who approached him and requested a copy of the book”; and to “three command level AFRD employees” who “previously shared their Christian faith with him.”

In its report on the matter, the city says that Cochran distributed the book to at least nine employees, three unsolicited.

Based on interviews with multiple city employees, the city’s report concluded that “there was a consistent sentiment among the witnesses that firefighters throughout the organization are appalled by the sentiments expressed in the book. There also is general agreement the contents of the book have eroded trust and have compromised the ability of the chief to provide leadership in the future.”

Again, Cochran disagreed. “During this time frame, Cochran’s book caused no disruption with any city practices or procedures or in the workplace at all,” the complaint argues.

In the complaint, Cochran asks for compensatory damages, reinstatement to his old job and a pair of declarations from the city stating that it violated his constitutional rights.

The complaint also asks for the city to “stop enforcing their policies…and practice of allowing adverse employment actions against Cochran and other City employees for expressing protected religious messages about marriage and sexuality when those messages are about matters of public concern.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/02/18/with-growing-national-support-for-his-cause-atlantas-former-fire-chief-sues-the-city-over-his-dismissal/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #282 on: March 04, 2015, 09:45:34 AM »
I'll be donating to this kid's campaign when he eventually runs for office.   :)

And how typical of liberals to shut down viewpoints that differ from their own. 

Facebook yanks page of 12-year-old conservative who said Obama doesn't love U.S.
February 28, 2015

Facebook yanks page of 12-year-old conservative.

On Friday, C.J. Pearson, a 12-year-old conservative from Georgia who posted a viral video supporting Rudy Giuliani, discovered that his personal Facebook page was locked. In an exclusive interview with Examiner.com on Saturday, Pearson said he received a message from someone about 6 a.m. Friday. That's when he learned his account and page had been locked for "suspicious activity."

He jumped through all of Facebook's hoops, but wasn't able to recover his account. So he created a new profile to take its place. His public page was not affected, he said, however, he can no longer administer the page. Fortunately, he said, a friend is helping post links to that page.

As is so often the case in these situations, Facebook did not respond to his requests for help. Nor would they tell him what the alleged suspicious activity was. We reached out to Facebook, but the social media giant has so far refused to respond to our request for comments.

Pearson said he is working on legislation to lower the age of those serving in the state House and Senate. The legislation, which is set to be the subject of a hearing on Monday, would lower the age of House members from 21 to 18, and lower the age of state Senators from 25 to 21. Pearson said he was using Facebook to line up witnesses for the hearing, but Facebook's actions have made that more difficult. He can't read any messages sent to his old profile and the old page doesn't show up.

On Monday, we reported that Pearson posted a video supporting former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani. He also minced no words when he said that President Obama doesn't love America.

“I don’t want to be politically correct. I don’t care about being politically correct at this point,” he said. “President Obama, you don’t love America.”

The video has gone viral and as of this writing, has received over 1.2 million views. He has also become something of a celebrity among conservatives who appreciate his candor and his willingness to publicly state with conviction what so many others are afraid to say. Many have said they would love to see the young man run for office, and they may get their wish, as Pearson said he "definitely" has political aspirations and wants to "fight for freedom."

This is not the first time Facebook has blocked conservatives for questionable reasons. In March 2013, for example, Facebook banned Florida blogger Diane Sori for 30 days over something she never posted. As we have reported many times, Facebook has banned conservatives for clicking "like" or simply saying "thank you." Conservative pages have also been targeted and shut down for questionable reasons while other pages have been allowed to flourish. As we reported last May, articles mentioning Islam were falsely flagged as "unsafe" and pages critical of Islam have been removed over false claims of inappropriate material.

http://www.examiner.com/article/facebook-yanks-page-of-12-year-old-conservative-who-said-obama-doesn-t-love-u-s

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #283 on: March 04, 2015, 09:56:49 AM »
he was locked out because he's 12,you have to be 13 to be a facebook user, he outed himself :D  shooting yourself in the foot starts early as a repub :D

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #284 on: March 04, 2015, 09:58:44 AM »
he was locked out because he's 12,you have to be 13 to have a facebook user, he outed himself :D  shooting yourself in the foot starts early as a repub :D

Hahaha.

If this is true... then HAHAHAHAHAHA

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #285 on: March 04, 2015, 10:03:43 AM »
he was locked out because he's 12,you have to be 13 to be a facebook user, he outed himself :D  shooting yourself in the foot starts early as a repub :D

You are correct.  Apparently, lying starts at an early age for Repubs as well.

----------

Demanding a response from Facebook, they duly responded and gave him a cast-iron reason why they banned his page - he is 12.

Indeed, it is explicitly stated in Facebook's terms and conditions that no one under the age of 13 can have an account.

In a statement, Facebook said they were alerted to the fact that Pearson is 12 and acted accordingly.

'You have to be 13 to have a facebook account. This is a requirement, not a suggestion. He was locked out because he lied about his age, not because of the content,' replied a Facebook representative according to the Beaufort Observer.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: March 04, 2015, 10:07:18 AM »

Oh that's BS.  Someone reported his post.  The age was nothing more than an excuse to censor him.  If his post/video was one spouting blind devotion like The Messiah's cult-like followers, it would likely still be up. 

I've heard of numerous stories of anti-Obama posts disappearing from facebook, particularly during the 2012 campaign. 

In any event, I like this kid.   :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #287 on: March 04, 2015, 10:11:20 AM »
Actually age does have something to do with it.  They require their members to be 13, he is only 12 and lied about it.  They don't need any type of excuse to remove him if he violates their TOS.

So in short, he should :

1 - Follow the rules
2 - Don't lie

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #288 on: March 04, 2015, 10:15:58 AM »
Oh that's BS.  Someone reported his post.  The age was nothing more than an excuse to censor him.  If his post/video was one spouting blind devotion like The Messiah's cult-like followers, it would likely still be up. 

I've heard of numerous stories of anti-Obama posts disappearing from facebook, particularly during the 2012 campaign. 

In any event, I like this kid.   :)

lol he's 12 you have to be 13 simple as that ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: March 04, 2015, 10:26:24 AM »
lol he's 12 you have to be 13 simple as that ;D

It's not as simple as that.  Have you heard of "pretext"?  It's when someone gives an excuse to cover up their true intent.  That's what I think happened to this kid. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: March 04, 2015, 10:44:52 AM »
It's not as simple as that.  Have you heard of "pretext"?  It's when someone gives an excuse to cover up their true intent.  That's what I think happened to this kid. 

You mean his "pretext" was to lie about his age to cover up the fact that he was not old enough to be a member of that site?

Well that sounds pretty simple.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #291 on: March 04, 2015, 11:06:26 AM »
You mean his "pretext" was to lie about his age to cover up the fact that he was not old enough to be a member of that site?

Well that sounds pretty simple.

Of course it sounds simple to you.  Does not surprise me one bit. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #292 on: March 04, 2015, 11:09:44 AM »
;D

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #293 on: March 04, 2015, 11:17:47 AM »

poor repubs always someone else fault,the rules are the rule get over it.unless you have proof and that doesn't mean your women's intuition ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #294 on: March 04, 2015, 11:36:51 AM »
poor repubs always someone else fault,the rules are the rule get over it.unless you have proof and that doesn't mean your women's intuition ;D

If you want to take the simplistic approach, go right ahead.  You rarely have a smoking gun when someone is using pretext.  You have to look at other factors, use common sense, etc. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #295 on: March 04, 2015, 11:43:59 AM »
If you want to take the simplistic approach, go right ahead.  You rarely have a smoking gun when someone is using pretext.  You have to look at other factors, use common sense, etc. 

so you have no proof,the only real proof is their rules say you have to be 13 he 12

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #296 on: March 04, 2015, 11:55:40 AM »
so you have no proof,the only real proof is their rules say you have to be 13 he 12

I have an opinion.  You are choosing to accept their reasoning at face value.  I'm not based on what I've read and heard, and actually personally experienced. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #297 on: March 04, 2015, 12:01:33 PM »
that's right is just your opinion,I'll have to go with the facts unless you can prove otherwise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #298 on: March 04, 2015, 12:24:40 PM »
that's right is just your opinion,I'll have to go with the facts unless you can prove otherwise

You don't really know all of the facts either, like whether they had an agenda, and whether other kids who haven't criticized the president have been allowed to keep their pages active. 

This has to be viewed in the broader context of the repeated, proven liberal practice of censoring opposing viewpoints. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #299 on: March 04, 2015, 12:43:44 PM »

The fact you can't grasp a simple concept doesn't surprise anyone on this board.