Author Topic: More Liberal Censorship  (Read 181773 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: More Liberal Censorship
« Reply #450 on: August 02, 2018, 05:16:46 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: August 02, 2018, 12:04:50 PM »
NY Times defends hiring of editorial writer after emergence of past racial tweets
The Hill ^ | 08/02/18 | Joe Concha
Posted on 8/2/2018, 2:46:24 PM by yesthatjallen

The New York Times stood by its decision to hire technology writer Sarah Jeong to its editorial board despite the emergence of racially insensitive tweets she had posted a few years ago.

Jeong was hired by The Times on Wednesday, but the newspaper soon received strong backlash from social media and some conservative outlets after tweets emerged in which the technology writer made racially insensitive comments.

“Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men,” Jeong, 49, said in a tweet from 2014 that has since deleted.

“Dumbass f–ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” Jeong said in another 2014 tweet.

A third tweet posted by Jeong in 2014 said: “Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins.”

The Times said in a statement on Thursday that it stood by its decision to hire Jeong, adding it had reviewed the writer's social media accounts prior to her hiring, while calling the content of the tweets "unacceptable."

"We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done covering the internet and technology at a range of respected publications," The Times said.

The Times added that Jeong, as a "young Asian woman," had been the "subject of frequent online harassment," and that "for a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers."

The newspaper added that Jeong knows "now that this approach only served to feed the vitriol that we too often see on social media. She regrets it, and The Times does not condone it."

Meanwhile, Jeong, in the Times statement, expressed regret for the tweets.

"I engaged in what I thought of at the time of counter-trolling. While it was intended as satire, I deeply regret that I mimicked the language of my harassers," she said.

"These comments were not aimed at a general audience, because general audiences do not engage in harassment campaigns. I can understand how hurtful these posts are out of context, and would not do it again." The Times response comes after conservative outlets and social media slammed the paper for condoning "racist" remarks.

"Newest Member of NYT Editorial Board Has History of Racist Tweets" read a headline in National Review. Meanwhile, The Federalist posted a story with the headline "New York Times Hires Left-Wing Writer With Long History Of Racist Tweets," while Daily Caller said: "NYTIMES’ NEWEST HIRE SENT TONS OF ANTI-WHITE RACIST TWEETS."

Jeong also faced criticism from social media for her posts.

Twitter has become a controversial social media platform in the current political climate, with high-profile journalists saying they might leave the platform after tweets attacking them and family members.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #452 on: August 02, 2018, 12:13:30 PM »
NY Times defends hiring of editorial writer after emergence of past racial tweets
The Hill ^ | 08/02/18 | Joe Concha
Posted on 8/2/2018, 2:46:24 PM by yesthatjallen

The New York Times stood by its decision to hire technology writer Sarah Jeong to its editorial board despite the emergence of racially insensitive tweets she had posted a few years ago.

Jeong was hired by The Times on Wednesday, but the newspaper soon received strong backlash from social media and some conservative outlets after tweets emerged in which the technology writer made racially insensitive comments.

“Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men,” Jeong, 49, said in a tweet from 2014 that has since deleted.

“Dumbass f–ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” Jeong said in another 2014 tweet.

A third tweet posted by Jeong in 2014 said: “Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins.”

The Times said in a statement on Thursday that it stood by its decision to hire Jeong, adding it had reviewed the writer's social media accounts prior to her hiring, while calling the content of the tweets "unacceptable."

"We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done covering the internet and technology at a range of respected publications," The Times said.

The Times added that Jeong, as a "young Asian woman," had been the "subject of frequent online harassment," and that "for a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers."

The newspaper added that Jeong knows "now that this approach only served to feed the vitriol that we too often see on social media. She regrets it, and The Times does not condone it."

Meanwhile, Jeong, in the Times statement, expressed regret for the tweets.

"I engaged in what I thought of at the time of counter-trolling. While it was intended as satire, I deeply regret that I mimicked the language of my harassers," she said.

"These comments were not aimed at a general audience, because general audiences do not engage in harassment campaigns. I can understand how hurtful these posts are out of context, and would not do it again." The Times response comes after conservative outlets and social media slammed the paper for condoning "racist" remarks.

"Newest Member of NYT Editorial Board Has History of Racist Tweets" read a headline in National Review. Meanwhile, The Federalist posted a story with the headline "New York Times Hires Left-Wing Writer With Long History Of Racist Tweets," while Daily Caller said: "NYTIMES’ NEWEST HIRE SENT TONS OF ANTI-WHITE RACIST TWEETS."

Jeong also faced criticism from social media for her posts.

Twitter has become a controversial social media platform in the current political climate, with high-profile journalists saying they might leave the platform after tweets attacking them and family members.

Look at those tweets.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #453 on: August 02, 2018, 01:11:41 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: August 02, 2018, 01:28:51 PM »
:o

If it was a white guy or republican - forget it - the guy would be burned at the stake. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: August 02, 2018, 01:44:02 PM »
If it was a white guy or republican - forget it - the guy would be burned at the stake. 

Truth.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #456 on: August 17, 2018, 08:50:20 AM »
Facebook Suspends Brigitte Gabriel for ‘Hate Speech’
By Corinne Weaver | August 16, 2018

In its aim to be politically correct, Facebook has determined that criticizing an accused terrorist counts as hate speech.

According to Brigitte Gabriel, founder of Act for America, Facebook suspended her personal page for posting a comment about the suspected terrorist arrested at a compound in New Mexico. She tweeted that the post was taken down for “hate speech.”

Her post, which included a photo, stated:

“This is the smile of a sick and depraved Muslim terrorist who is back on the streets (on bail) after training children to shoot up schools. The judge who allowed this to happen should be removed from their post ASAP. If he harms anyone while on bail, the blood is on their hands.”

She posted the same message  to Twitter, which did not find it inappropriate for its page.

Act for America has been targeted again and again by the anti-conservative group Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) for its supposed anti-Muslim policy. It’s a “national security grassroots organization” that has more than 750,000 members and 12,000 activists who help to “educate, engage, and mobilize citizens and elected officials to impact legislative outcomes to protect America.” Gabriel’s  group focuses on radical Islamic terrorism. However, the SPLC has translated its mission to mean “anti-Muslim,” even though a practicing Muslim spoke at ACT’s 2016 conference.

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/culture/corinne-weaver/2018/08/16/facebook-suspends-brigitte-gabriel-hate-speech

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: October 08, 2018, 09:08:41 AM »
Astronaut Scott Kelly apologizes for praising Winston Churchill. What For?
American Thinker ^ | 10/08/2018 | Rick Moran
Posted on 10/8/2018, 11:58:32 AM by SeekAndFind

Scott Kelly is a NASA astronaut.  That says a lot about him right there.  To be selected as an astronaut, you must be the best of the best – smart, fearless, and psychologically sound.

So why does Kelly sound like an idiot here?

Washington Examiner:

Scott Kelly, a retired American astronaut with multiple space flights under his belt, apologized Sunday after quoting Winston Churchill and calling the 20th century British prime minister "one of the greatest leaders of modern times."

"Did not mean to offend by quoting Churchill.  My apologies.  I will go and educate myself further on his atrocities, racist views which I do not support.  My point was we need to come together as one nation.  We are all Americans.  That should transcend partisan politics," Kelly wrote on Twitter in the evening.

Right the first time, Scotty.  In 1940, Churchill took a battered, beaten nation after the British army was kicked out of France and rallied his people to resist the Nazi onslaught.  Certainly, Hitler helped a lot by making several key blunders.  But as a demonstration of peerless leadership, there are few modern examples to match Churchill.

So calling Churchill "one of the greatest leaders of modern times" is a no-brainer.  It is a statement supported by history and the facts.

Yossi Gestetner tried to give Kelly a spine:

You are disgracing yourself here. Please stop bending to the will of deranged online trolls.— Yossi Gestetner (@YossiGestetner) October 7, 2018

(Excerpt) Read more at americanthinker.com ...

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: October 08, 2018, 02:12:50 PM »
Make no mistake the hardcore leftist libs lose me, when they vilify a bona fide hero like Churchill .
BUT the Trump crowd loses me even  more with their actions and ideals.

In fact, most of the most hot button issues are of little interest to me.

My main concern is: health care ( Insurance) costs,  wages, pensions , environmental regs, etc.

I'm a lot more concerned about Toxic crap in our air and water then I am bathroom use for some drag queen. ;)

Democrat mindset is having it both ways regardless of the math/facts.

Dem feelings: Free healthcare for everyone!
Reality: Hey, why is it so expensive now and deductibles for people that actually pay going up every year?

Dem feelings: Enact $15 min wage,..and don't touch my pension!
Reality: Force unskilled and first time jobs to go to robots and if not raise prices to cover artificial wage floor(killing demand of the product/service). Structure pie in the sky pensions based on unlimited growth models running them into the red and unable to pay out.

Dem feelings: Save the earth from the evil companies!
Force USA companies to be the only ones following choking enviro laws and pay all the world's carbon taxes for 30 years while everyone else pays dick....killing profits and market share. Let China and others pollute at will but never mention it.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #459 on: October 08, 2018, 06:43:44 PM »

Democrat mindset is having it both ways regardless of the math/facts.

Dem feelings: Free healthcare for everyone!
Reality: Hey, why is it so expensive now and deductibles for people that actually pay going up every year?

Dem feelings: Enact $15 min wage,..and don't touch my pension!
Reality: Force unskilled and first time jobs to go to robots and if not raise prices to cover artificial wage floor(killing demand of the product/service). Structure pie in the sky pensions based on unlimited growth models running them into the red and unable to pay out.

Dem feelings: Save the earth from the evil companies!
Force USA companies to be the only ones following choking enviro laws and pay all the world's carbon taxes for 30 years while everyone else pays dick....killing profits and market share. Let China and others pollute at will but never mention it.

Spot on!

I'm a lot more concerned about Toxic crap in our air and water then I am bathroom use for some drag queen. ;)
Then you are part of the problem.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Kwon3

« Reply #460 on: October 08, 2018, 06:48:16 PM »
Spot on!
Then you are part of the problem.
People say we shouldn't stereotype by race but do you know any race that has as many idiots in its ranks as ours? Ask any black, asian, or hispanic, and the majority vote for the same party for the same reasons. Whites are all over the place. Half of them are retarded and watch CNN and protest the front steps of the SCOTUS, and the other half support the best President in American history. I don't get it.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #461 on: October 08, 2018, 06:58:56 PM »
People say we shouldn't stereotype by race but do you know any race that has as many idiots in its ranks as ours? Ask any black, asian, or hispanic, and the majority vote for the same party for the same reasons. Whites are all over the place. Half of them are retarded and watch CNN and protest the front steps of the SCOTUS, and the other half support the best President in American history. I don't get it.
Stereotypes exist for a reason. Our race is constantly trying to challenge each other to one up each other. Whether that is one upping on a small scale like doing a better job than your co-worker or one upping in politics, each side believes they are right and the dems are trying desperately to one up the winning side.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Kwon3

« Reply #462 on: October 08, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »
Stereotypes exist for a reason. Our race is constantly trying to challenge each other to one up each other. Whether that is one upping on a small scale like doing a better job than your co-worker or one upping in politics, each side believes they are right and the dems are trying desperately to one up the winning side.
we're also the only folks that make it our business to defend and worry about other folks who don't look like us
when's the last time blacks or jews or asians held a rally in the name of white women or working class white men or disabled vets
ya, cuz it never happens
but we're the first at the border to cry for illegal babies and to set up 'die-ins' in front of police stations when some dindu gets shot for pulling out a gun on a cop

::)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: October 08, 2018, 08:16:50 PM »
we're also the only folks that make it our business to defend and worry about other folks who don't look like us
when's the last time blacks or jews or asians held a rally in the name of white women or working class white men or disabled vets
ya, cuz it never happens
but we're the first at the border to cry for illegal babies and to set up 'die-ins' in front of police stations when some dindu gets shot for pulling out a gun on a cop

I wouldn't include myself in "we", but yeah, white people are far too concerned with progressing other races while holding each other down.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: October 16, 2018, 08:54:29 AM »
‘I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross’: Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign Amid Controversy
By Jon Delano
October 10, 2018

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Mark Salvas says he was forced to resign over two social media posts, one that he posted a year ago and one that his wife posted in July.

“I was asked by the chair of the Allegheny County Democratic Party to resign my position due to the controversy that was taking place on social media, and I did,” Salvas told KDKA political editor Jon Delano on Wednesday. “It’s never easy when people you have never met accuse you of things and call you names, and you’ve never met them.”

mark salvas I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross: Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign Amid Controversy
(Photo Credit: KDKA)

A former Marine and Gulf War veteran, Salvas was just hired in September as executive director of the county party, long after he posted a picture of his wife and him on Facebook with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic,” says Salvas.

But he says NFL players can take a knee.

“That’s part of what the flag stands for. It gives them the right to do that,” says Salvas.

But Salvas chooses to stand.

Salvas: “I stand for the flag, I kneel for the cross.”

Delano: “No apologies?”

Salvas: “Not at all. Not at all.”

But some on social media called that inappropriate for a Democratic party leader, including a second post from Salvas’ wife asking for support for their close friends, the family of officer Michael Rosfeld, who is accused of killing Antwon Rose II.

“What happened to Antwon Rose was a tragedy. I don’t think anybody doubts that. I think we can all agree on that. A young man lost his life and that’s a shame,” says Salvas. “Officer Rosfeld, Michael Rosfeld, is as close to me and my family as anyone could be. I have known that young man since he was literally 3-years-old. They are family to us.

Salvas says, like the Rose family, the Rosfeld family is struggling with the tragedy.

“They have been there for us in hard times, and my wife and I felt it was necessary to be there for them because family backs family,” he said.

KDKA’s Jon Delano Reports:

But Pennsylvania Rep. Ed Gainey says that post offended an important segment of the Democratic Party.

“To put that up on Facebook was, to me, insensitive, also to African Americans, who, as you know, have backed the Democratic Party for quite a long time, and everybody knows that it was insensitive,” said Gainey. “If you’re going to be executive director of the Democratic Party, you have to be sensitive to things like that.”

Party officials would not comment on Salvas’ forced resignation, saying it was a personnel matter, but state Rep. Jake Wheatley added that once you become a party official your personal views have to be put aside.

“As an official, he has to be very careful and sensitive that his words and his posts are not necessarily just his. They are reflective of the party in its entirety,” noted Wheatley.

Gainey, who knows Salvas, says Salvas is not a racist.

Salvas has a bi-racial child and African Americans in his family.

For his part, Salvas says he believes the party is still a big tent party.

“There’s a place for all of us and all of our views,” he said.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/10/10/allegheny-county-democratic-party-chair-resigns/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: October 16, 2018, 09:21:07 AM »
F THESE COMMUNISTS!!! 

‘I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross’: Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign Amid Controversy
By Jon Delano
October 10, 2018

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Mark Salvas says he was forced to resign over two social media posts, one that he posted a year ago and one that his wife posted in July.

“I was asked by the chair of the Allegheny County Democratic Party to resign my position due to the controversy that was taking place on social media, and I did,” Salvas told KDKA political editor Jon Delano on Wednesday. “It’s never easy when people you have never met accuse you of things and call you names, and you’ve never met them.”

mark salvas I Stand For The Flag, I Kneel At The Cross: Allegheny Co. Democratic Party Chair Forced To Resign Amid Controversy
(Photo Credit: KDKA)

A former Marine and Gulf War veteran, Salvas was just hired in September as executive director of the county party, long after he posted a picture of his wife and him on Facebook with the words, “I stand for the flag, I kneel at the cross.”

“I’m not ashamed of my patriotism, not one bit. I fought for this country. I think I have a right to have a voice and be patriotic,” says Salvas.

But he says NFL players can take a knee.

“That’s part of what the flag stands for. It gives them the right to do that,” says Salvas.

But Salvas chooses to stand.

Salvas: “I stand for the flag, I kneel for the cross.”

Delano: “No apologies?”

Salvas: “Not at all. Not at all.”

But some on social media called that inappropriate for a Democratic party leader, including a second post from Salvas’ wife asking for support for their close friends, the family of officer Michael Rosfeld, who is accused of killing Antwon Rose II.

“What happened to Antwon Rose was a tragedy. I don’t think anybody doubts that. I think we can all agree on that. A young man lost his life and that’s a shame,” says Salvas. “Officer Rosfeld, Michael Rosfeld, is as close to me and my family as anyone could be. I have known that young man since he was literally 3-years-old. They are family to us.

Salvas says, like the Rose family, the Rosfeld family is struggling with the tragedy.

“They have been there for us in hard times, and my wife and I felt it was necessary to be there for them because family backs family,” he said.

KDKA’s Jon Delano Reports:

But Pennsylvania Rep. Ed Gainey says that post offended an important segment of the Democratic Party.

“To put that up on Facebook was, to me, insensitive, also to African Americans, who, as you know, have backed the Democratic Party for quite a long time, and everybody knows that it was insensitive,” said Gainey. “If you’re going to be executive director of the Democratic Party, you have to be sensitive to things like that.”

Party officials would not comment on Salvas’ forced resignation, saying it was a personnel matter, but state Rep. Jake Wheatley added that once you become a party official your personal views have to be put aside.

“As an official, he has to be very careful and sensitive that his words and his posts are not necessarily just his. They are reflective of the party in its entirety,” noted Wheatley.

Gainey, who knows Salvas, says Salvas is not a racist.

Salvas has a bi-racial child and African Americans in his family.

For his part, Salvas says he believes the party is still a big tent party.

“There’s a place for all of us and all of our views,” he said.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/10/10/allegheny-county-democratic-party-chair-resigns/

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #466 on: October 17, 2018, 07:19:44 AM »
ya, cuz it never happens

Very good points
Sadly the whites who have succumbed to the brainwashing / liberalism
Do such stupid things & cant even recognise they are behaving oddly.

They don't even question why other races aren't protesting & crying for
whats happening to the white folks - Mental illness in the extreme.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #467 on: October 17, 2018, 12:27:10 PM »
Atlanta’s former fire chief sues the city, says he was fired because of religious beliefs
By Abby Ohlheiser
February 18, 2015

Former Atlanta fire chief Kelvin Cochran, third from right, observes a moment of prayer as religious groups rally to support him in January. (David Goldman/AP file)

The standoff between former Atlanta fire chief Kelvin Cochran and the city that used to employ him escalated on Thursday, when Cochran’s attorneys announced that they have filed a federal lawsuit.

The suit accuses the city of firing Cochran because of his religious beliefs, violating his constitutional rights.

Cochran’s case has become a focal point in a larger national debate over public religious expression protections and the civil rights of LGBT Americans.

Cochran, who is an evangelical Christian, was terminated in January after a city investigation pertaining to his self-published book, “Who Told You That You Were Naked,” a Bible study-style text that covers a range of his personal religious beliefs. In one section of the book, Cochran called “homosexuality” and “lesbianism” a “sexual perversion” morally equivalent to “pederasty” and “bestiality.”

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed said in January that Cochran’s firing was over his “judgment and management skills,” and that “Cochran’s personal religious beliefs are not the issue.” The city had suspended Cochran in November, after questioning whether the book’s passages on homosexuality violated the city’s non-discrimination policy.

But that is not at all how Cochran and his growing number of supporters see things.

“To actually lose my childhood-dream-come-true profession – where all of my expectations have been greatly exceeded – because of my faith is staggering,” Cochran said in a statement released with news of the lawsuit. “The very faith that led me to pursue my career has been used to take it from me.”

The complaint, provided by Cochran’s lawyers, claims: “Defendants fired Cochran solely because he holds religious beliefs concerning same-sex marriage and homosexual conduct that are contrary to the Mayor’s and the City’s views on these subjects.”

It adds: “Cochran, and other City employees who agree with Cochran’s religious views regarding same-sex marriage and homosexual conduct, are under a constant state of threat of the City taking adverse action against them — up to and including termination — if they express those views inside and outside of work.”

In an administrative federal discrimination complaint filed with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission last month, Cochran stated: “I have been discriminated against because of my religion — Christian.”

Last week, six members of Georgia’s congressional delegation wrote a letter to Mayor Reed in support of Cochran’s reinstatement. “Your action against Chief Cochran appears to violate fundamental principles of free speech and religious freedom,” it reads. “The only way Chief Cochran could avoid his views would be to disown his religion.”

The letter, written by Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R) and co-signed by five other Republican members of Congress, adds: “Atlanta itself engaged in an act of discrimination.”

Cochran’s case has become a rallying point for several conservative religious groups that believe some laws and policies designed to protect LGBT individuals from discrimination are a violation of religious liberty protections. Those groups include the Alliance Defending Freedom, which is legally representing Cochran;  the Faith and Freedom Coalition; the Family Research Council; and the Georgia Baptist Convention.

“The idea that the government can force public servants to surrender their First Amendment rights is outrageous,” Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, said at a mid-January religious freedom rally at the Georgia State Capitol, according to the Christian Post. “If a government will fire someone for their religious beliefs, no beliefs are safe from government regardless of how sacred those beliefs may be. Mayor Reed is sending a very clear message that Christians must check their faith at the door of public service.”

On its Web site, the Alliance Defending Freedom takes the position that same-sex marriage is “the most prominent and pressing danger to fundamentally altering marriage, as it undermines the good that marriage provides society” — and that “those who believe in marriage,” by which the group means those who believe in heterosexual marriage only, “are politically, culturally, and legally persecuted for those beliefs.”

Cochran’s dismissal has also hovered in the background of a pair of controversial religious liberty bills currently being considered in the Georgia legislature.

The city has the support of LGBT rights groups such as Georgia Equality and Lambda Legal, along with the Atlanta Professional Firefighters Union, which released a statement commending Reed for Cochran’s termination. “Local 134 supports LGBT rights and equality among all employees,” it reads.

Human Rights Campaign president Chad Griffin said in January that “the fact that Mayor Reed lost confidence in Kelvin Cochran’s ability to do his job is completely unsurprising, and his decision to terminate Cochran was right, fair and in the best interest of all Atlanta’s residents.

“People of faith take their religious convictions with them to the workplace every day, but Cochran’s unprofessional and irresponsible conduct was completely unrelated to his personal convictions.”

Jenna Garland, a spokeswoman for Mayor Reed, said Wednesday that the city of Atlanta would “rigorously defend” itself against Cochran’s legal actions and is “confident that the decision to terminate Mr. Cochran was both the right thing to do and fully legal.”

The city also disagreed with Cochran’s version of the story on several major points, as it has done in the past.

In the compliant and in previous statements, Cochran has said that he sought the permission of Nina Hickson, the City of Atlanta Ethics Officer, before publishing the book. He says he was told that “so long as the subject matter of the book is not the city government or fire department he could write the book.”

Garland, the mayor’s spokeswoman, countered in a lengthy January statement that “Mr. Cochran was told that the City Code required him to get the approval of the Board of Ethics before publishing his book, something he admits he never did.”

Cochran has also said, both in the complaint and in his previous administrative discrimination filing, that “the [city] investigation revealed zero instances of discrimination by me against any other employee of the city.”

“What he was actually told was that his distribution of a book about his beliefs within his department had caused his employees to question his ability to continue to lead a diverse workforce,” Garland’s January statement reads, adding that the city believes Cochran’s overall conduct before and during the investigation “reflected poor judgment and failure to follow clearly defined work protocols.”

“The City of Atlanta remains a place where all people, including those who share Mr. Cochran’s beliefs, are equally valued and respected,” Garland added on Wednesday. “However, religious beliefs cannot shield any employee from the consequences of poor judgment and insubordination.”

Both sides of the matter do agree that Cochran distributed his book to several Atlanta fire employees during his tenure.

Cochran’s complaint says that the fire chief distributed the book to “10 AFRD employees who he knew were Christians,” and who had requested copies of the book; to “approximately 3-5 additional employees who approached him and requested a copy of the book”; and to “three command level AFRD employees” who “previously shared their Christian faith with him.”

In its report on the matter, the city says that Cochran distributed the book to at least nine employees, three unsolicited.

Based on interviews with multiple city employees, the city’s report concluded that “there was a consistent sentiment among the witnesses that firefighters throughout the organization are appalled by the sentiments expressed in the book. There also is general agreement the contents of the book have eroded trust and have compromised the ability of the chief to provide leadership in the future.”

Again, Cochran disagreed. “During this time frame, Cochran’s book caused no disruption with any city practices or procedures or in the workplace at all,” the complaint argues.

In the complaint, Cochran asks for compensatory damages, reinstatement to his old job and a pair of declarations from the city stating that it violated his constitutional rights.

The complaint also asks for the city to “stop enforcing their policies…and practice of allowing adverse employment actions against Cochran and other City employees for expressing protected religious messages about marriage and sexuality when those messages are about matters of public concern.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2015/02/18/with-growing-national-support-for-his-cause-atlantas-former-fire-chief-sues-the-city-over-his-dismissal/

Atlanta to Pay $1.2 Million to Former Fire Chief After Firing Him for His Biblical Beliefs
10-16-2018
Steve Warren

The City of Atlanta, Georgia has agreed to pay former fire chief Kelvin Cochran, $1.2 million after a Federal District Court ruled in December 2017 that the city's policies which led to Cochran's termination were unconstitutional.

The city council voted on Monday to pay the former fire chief, recognizing he had been unjustly treated. Cochran is represented by attorneys with the Alliance For Defending Freedom (ADF).

Cochran's career had been about protecting others.  For 30 years, he did that as a firefighter.  He served as the US Fire Administrator under President Barack Obama and led the City of Atlanta to attain the highest level of fire and rescue preparedness for the first time in its history.

But that came to an end in 2015, when the City of Atlanta fired him because he wrote a men's devotional book in his spare time – a book that briefly mentions his views on a biblical understanding of marriage and sexuality. 

As CBN News reported, the city did not approve of Chief Cochran's book. After a 30-day suspension without pay, in order to complete "sensitivity training," and an investigation into his conduct (which showed he had never discriminated against anyone in the fire department), his career came to an end in Atlanta.

This led Cochran to embark on a three-year legal battle that he says was never just about him.

"The government can't force its employees to get its permission before they engage in free speech. It also can't fire them for exercising that First Amendment freedom, causing them to lose both their freedom and their livelihoods," said ADF Senior Counsel Kevin Theriot in a press release. "We are very pleased that the city is compensating Chief Cochran as it should, and we hope this will serve as a deterrent to any government that would trample upon the constitutionally protected freedoms of its public servants."

Now all government employees benefit from his win, according to the ADF.  They no longer have to worry about losing their jobs if they choose to engage in their First Amendment rights outside of work – even if the government does not approve of their viewpoints.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/2018/october/atlanta-to-pay-1-2-million-to-former-fire-chief-after-violating-his-first-amendment-freedoms

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #468 on: November 30, 2018, 03:28:17 PM »
EXCLUSIVE: GOOGLE EMPLOYEES DEBATED BURYING CONSERVATIVE MEDIA IN SEARCH
11/29/2018 | INVESTIGATIVE GROUP
Peter Hasson | Reporter

Google employees debated whether to bury The Daily Caller and other conservative media outlets in the company’s search function as a response to President Donald Trump’s election
“Let’s make sure that we reverse things in four years,” one engineer wrote in a thread that included a Google vice president
Google employees similarly sought to manipulate search results to combat Trump’s travel ban

Google employees debated whether to bury conservative media outlets in the company’s search function as a response to President Donald Trump’s election in 2016, internal Google communications obtained by The Daily Caller News Foundation reveal.

The Daily Caller and Breitbart were specifically singled out as outlets to potentially bury, the communications reveal.

Trump’s election in 2016 shocked many Google employees, who had been counting on Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton to win.

Communications obtained by TheDCNF show that internal Google discussions went beyond expressing remorse over Clinton’s loss to actually discussing ways Google could prevent Trump from winning again.

“This was an election of false equivalencies, and Google, sadly, had a hand in it,” Google engineer Scott Byer wrote in a Nov. 9, 2016, post reviewed by TheDCNF.

Byer falsely labeled The Daily Caller and Breitbart as “opinion blogs” and urged his coworkers to reduce their visibility in search results.

“How many times did you see the Election now card with items from opinion blogs (Breitbart, Daily Caller) elevated next to legitimate news organizations? That’s something that can and should be fixed,” Byer wrote.

“I think we have a responsibility to expose the quality and truthfulness of sources – because not doing so hides real information under loud noises,” he continued. (RELATED: Google Search Labels Republican Women ‘Enablers’)

“Beyond that, let’s concentrate on teaching critical thinking. A little bit of that would go a long way. Let’s make sure that we reverse things in four years – demographics will be on our side.”

Some of Byer’s colleagues expressed concern that manipulating search results could backfire and suggested alternative measures.

One Google engineer, Uri Dekel, identified himself as a Clinton supporter but argued that manipulating search results was the wrong route to take.

“Thinking that Breitbart, Drudge, etc. are not ‘legitimate news sources’ is contrary to the beliefs of a major portion of our user base is partially what got us to this mess. MSNBC is not more legit than Drudge just because Rachel Maddow may be more educated / less deplorable / closer to our views, than, say Sean Hannity,” Dekel wrote in a reply to Byer.

“I follow a lot of right wing folks on social networks you could tell something was brewing. We laughed off Drudge’s Instant Polls and all that stuff, but in the end, people go to those sources because they believe that the media doesn’t do it’s job. I’m a Hillary supporter and let’s admit it, the media avoided dealing with the hard questions and issues, which didn’t pay off. By ranking ‘legitimacy’ you’ll just introduce more conspiracy theories,” Dekel added.

“Too many times, Breitbart is just echoing a demonstrably made up story,” Byer wrote in a reply to his original post. He did not cite any examples.

“That happens at MSNBC, too. I don’t want a political judgement. The desire is to break the myth feedback loop, the false equivalency, instead of the current amplification of it,” Byer added.

“What I believe we can do, technically, that avoids the accusations of conspiracy or bias from people who ultimately have a right and obligation to decide what they want to believe, is to get better at displaying the ‘ripples’ and copy-pasta, to trace information to its source, to link to critiques of those sources, and let people decide what sources they believe,” another Google engineer, Mike Brauwerman, suggested.

“Give people a comprehensive but effectively summarized view of the information, not context-free rage-inducing sound-bytes,” he added.

“We’re working on providing users with context around stories so that they can know the bigger picture,” chimed in David Besbris, vice president of engineering at Google.

“We can play a role in providing the full story and educate them about all sides. This doesn’t have to be filtering and can be useful to everyone,” he wrote.

Other employees similarly advocated providing contextual information about media sources in search results, and the company later did so with a short-lived fact check at the end of 2017.

Not only did the fact-check feature target conservative outlets almost exclusively, it was also blatantly wrong. Google’s fact check repeatedly attributed false claims to those outlets, even though they demonstrably never made those claims.

Google pulled the faulty fact-check program in January, crediting TheDCNF’s investigation for the decision.

A Google spokeswoman said that the conversation did not lead to manipulation of search results for political purposes.

“This post shows that far from suppressing Breitbart and Daily Caller, we surfaced these sites regularly in our products. Furthermore, it shows that we value providing people with the full view on stories from a variety of sources,” the spokeswoman told TheDCNF in an email.

“Google has never manipulated its search results or modified any of its products to promote a particular political ideology. Our processes and policies do not allow for any manipulation of search results to promote political ideologies.”

The discussion about whether to bury conservative media outlets isn’t the first evidence that some Google employees have sought to manipulate search results for political ends.

After Trump announced his initial travel ban in January 2017, Google employees discussed ways to manipulate search results in order to push back against the president’s order.

A group of employees brainstormed ways to counter “islamophobic, algorithmically biased results from search terms ‘Islam’, ‘Muslim’, ‘Iran’, etc,” as well as “prejudiced, algorithmically biased search results from search terms ‘Mexico’, ‘Hispanic’, ‘Latino’, etc.”

WATCH:

Trump speculated to The Daily Caller in September that Google and Facebook are trying to affect election outcomes.

“I think they already have,” Trump said, responding to questions about potential election interference by Google and Facebook.

“I mean the true interference in the last election was that — if you look at all, virtually all of those companies are super liberal companies in favor of Hillary Clinton,” he added.

“Maybe I did a better job because I’m good with the Twitter and I’m good at social media, but the truth is they were all on Hillary Clinton’s side, and if you look at what was going on with Facebook and with Google and all of it, they were very much on her side,” Trump continued.

Google this month corrected a “knowledge panel” about a Republican women’s group that labeled them “enablers.”

Google cited Wikipedia for the disparaging description, though a similar change made to Wikipedia’s page for the women’s group was corrected almost immediately. Google left up the digital vandalism for three weeks.

Google apologized in May after search results for the California Republican Party falsely listed “Nazism” as one of the state party’s ideologies.

Then, too, Google blamed manipulation of the party’s Wikipedia page for the inaccurate and disparaging description.

https://dailycaller.com/2018/11/29/google-censorship-conservative-media/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #469 on: January 22, 2019, 08:18:01 PM »
Liberals unleash torrent of abuse on Savannah Guthrie for daring to interview teen from Covington altercation
They're angry anyone would let him speak at all
Carlos Garcia
JANUARY 22, 2019

Savannah Guthrie was excoriated by liberals online after she announced that she had interviewed one of he teens in the mega-viral confrontation between Covington Catholic High School students and a Native American activist.

The confrontation in Washington D.C. at the Lincoln Memorial has become a flashpoint between critics of President Donald Trump and his supporters after competing narratives emerged from various videos of the event.

Guthrie teased the interview with Nicholas Sandmann from her social media account.

Savannah Guthrie

@SavannahGuthrie
 Sitting down with Nicholas Sandmann - the student at the center of the protest controversy at the Lincoln Memorial. Airs tomorrow on @TODAYshow

8:56 AM - Jan 22, 2019
39.4K people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
The interview will air on the "Today Show" on Wednesday, but the angry blowback is already being blasted out at the show and at Guthrie.

Liberal activist Amy Siskind immediately called for a boycott of the show and for her followers to attack the sponsors of the network.

"The definition of privilege," Siskind tweeted. "Who has a PR firm? This is disgusting - shame on you @TODAYshow and @SavannahGuthrie!"

"If we can organize boycotting Trump's Oval Office address," she added in a second tweet, "we can certainly orchestrate a boycott of @TODAYshow and @SavannahGuthrie for at least week! Who's in?"

Amy Siskind 🏳️‍🌈

@Amy_Siskind
Replying to @Amy_Siskind
Hey everyone-

If we can organize boycotting Trump’s Oval Office address, we can certainly orchestrate a boycott of @TODAYshow and @SavannahGuthrie for at least week!  Who’s in?

10:56 AM - Jan 22, 2019
1,346 people are talking about this
"Also if anyone can compile a list of @TODAYshow sponsors," she added, "have a lot of followers here and on Facebook who would like to do an organized boycott."

Others, like Robert Littal of Black Sports Online, accused Guthrie of supporting white supremacy with the interview.

Robert Littal

@BSO
Replying to @SavannahGuthrie @TODAYshow
Imagine if a black kid would have done something disrespectful to a white woman that went viral, I doubt they would be getting the Today Show love. This is white supremacy and media working together.

1:07 PM - Jan 22, 2019
88 people are talking about this
"This is white supremacy and media working together," he claimed.

"Hey @SavannahGuthrie and @TODAYshow, I'm really looking forward to your interview with Phillips since I know you're not just going to platform a white supremacist without hearing the other side," tweeted Allison Kilkenny sarcastically.

Allison Kilkenny

@allisonkilkenny
 Hey @SavannahGuthrie and @TODAYshow, I’m really looking forward to your interview with Phillips since I know you’re not just going to platform a white supremacist without hearing the other side

10:25 AM - Jan 22, 2019
17 people are talking about this
"This is shameful," tweeted Kellee Terrell. "You and NBC ought to be ashamed. You all would never give this kind of space to Black, Brown or Indigenous teens."

Kellee Terrell

@kelleent
Replying to @SavannahGuthrie @TODAYshow
This is shameful. You and NBC ought to be ashamed. You all would never give this kind of space to Black, Brown or Indigenous teens.

1:46 PM - Jan 22, 2019

https://www.theblaze.com/news/liberals-unleash-torrent-of-abuse-on-savannah-guthrie-for-daring-to-interview-teen-from-covington-altercation

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2019, 12:15:29 PM »
Instagram Purges Photo of Elizabeth Warren Claiming ‘American Indian’ Race on Professional Document

CAMBRIDGE, MA - DECEMBER 31: Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), addresses the media outside of her home after announcing she formed an exploratory committee for a 2020 Presidential run on December 31, 2018 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Warren is one of the earliest potential candidates to make an official announcement in what …Scott Eisen/Getty; Inset: Washington Post
6 Feb 2019

Facebook’s photo-sharing platform Instagram recently deleted a post of Senator Elizabeth Warren’s Texas Bar registration form on which she states that she is an “American Indian.” The Platform called a photo of Warren’s registration “harassment or bullying.”

GOP national spokesperson Kayleigh McEnany took to Twitter recently to call out another social media platform — Facebook’s photo-sharing website Instagram. In her Twitter post, McEnany claims that Instagram deleted a post she made which featured a copy of Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren’s Texas Bar registration form in which she states that she is an “American Indian.”

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Kayleigh McEnany

@kayleighmcenany
 I have been warned by @instagram and cannot operate my account because I posted an image of Elizabeth Warren’s Bar of Texas registration form via @washingtonpost.

I’m warned that I am “harassing,” “bullying,” and “blackmailing” her.

(See below!)
6:56 AM - Feb 6, 2019
5,862 people are talking about this

Instagram included a number of its community guideline rules in its message to McEnany informing her that they had deleted her post. The guidelines state that the social media site removes content that “targets private individuals to degrade or shame them.”

The rules further state that the social media site removes “content with personal information shared to harass or blackmail people,” however, any personal information such as Warren’s home address at the time of signing the bar registration had already been redacted in McEnany’s post.

Finally, Instagram notes that the website has a “zero tolerance policy when it comes to posts or threats to post intimate images of others.” It’s safe to say that McEnany’s post did not violate this particular rule in any way, however, the post was still removed by Instagram. Breitbart News has reached out to Instagram for comment on this issue and the platform’s decision to remove McEnany’s post but has not received a reply at the time of the writing of this article.

Breitbart News reported on Warren’s Bar of Texas registration form this week, with reporter Joshua Caplan stating:

The Washington Post obtained the registration card, which was previously undisclosed, during an open records request. As the Post noted, the card was handwritten using blue ink and signed by Warren. The card shows Warren wrote “American Indian” for her “race” and is dated April 1986. A spokesperson for the Massachusetts Democrat did not dispute the card’s authenticity, according to the newspaper.

In a brief statement with the Post, Warren once again apologized for claiming Native American heritage.

“I can’t go back,” she said. “But I am sorry for furthering confusion on tribal sovereignty and tribal citizenship and harm that resulted.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/02/06/instagram-purges-photo-of-elizabeth-warren-claiming-american-indian-race-on-professional-document/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1sMjoGltY4FI_OiegGkGGI4tX0W_RorX9E-_jFdIwg_ugu92FJBK-DIyw&fbclid=IwAR1yJjpMteUjwtC3HOvtd_9q9mDZwCkbPAj4yfJoElFC0II1jZZkayCJXe4&fbclid=IwAR009xhb7fsFgfDaCilfigjkInC6e_bdxo_CAE5y1z3EIdtqx0jXw_wft1M

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2019, 06:08:18 PM »
Instagram Purges Photo of Elizabeth Warren Claiming ‘American Indian’ Race on Professional Document

CAMBRIDGE, MA - DECEMBER 31: Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), addresses the media outside of her home after announcing she formed an exploratory committee for a 2020 Presidential run on December 31, 2018 in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Warren is one of the earliest potential candidates to make an official announcement in what …Scott Eisen/Getty; Inset: Washington Post
6 Feb 2019

Facebook’s photo-sharing platform Instagram recently deleted a post of Senator Elizabeth Warren’s Texas Bar registration form on which she states that she is an “American Indian.” The Platform called a photo of Warren’s registration “harassment or bullying.”

GOP national spokesperson Kayleigh McEnany took to Twitter recently to call out another social media platform — Facebook’s photo-sharing website Instagram. In her Twitter post, McEnany claims that Instagram deleted a post she made which featured a copy of Democratic Senator Elizabeth Warren’s Texas Bar registration form in which she states that she is an “American Indian.”

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Kayleigh McEnany

@kayleighmcenany
 I have been warned by @instagram and cannot operate my account because I posted an image of Elizabeth Warren’s Bar of Texas registration form via @washingtonpost.

I’m warned that I am “harassing,” “bullying,” and “blackmailing” her.

(See below!)
6:56 AM - Feb 6, 2019
5,862 people are talking about this

Instagram included a number of its community guideline rules in its message to McEnany informing her that they had deleted her post. The guidelines state that the social media site removes content that “targets private individuals to degrade or shame them.”

The rules further state that the social media site removes “content with personal information shared to harass or blackmail people,” however, any personal information such as Warren’s home address at the time of signing the bar registration had already been redacted in McEnany’s post.

Finally, Instagram notes that the website has a “zero tolerance policy when it comes to posts or threats to post intimate images of others.” It’s safe to say that McEnany’s post did not violate this particular rule in any way, however, the post was still removed by Instagram. Breitbart News has reached out to Instagram for comment on this issue and the platform’s decision to remove McEnany’s post but has not received a reply at the time of the writing of this article.

Breitbart News reported on Warren’s Bar of Texas registration form this week, with reporter Joshua Caplan stating:

The Washington Post obtained the registration card, which was previously undisclosed, during an open records request. As the Post noted, the card was handwritten using blue ink and signed by Warren. The card shows Warren wrote “American Indian” for her “race” and is dated April 1986. A spokesperson for the Massachusetts Democrat did not dispute the card’s authenticity, according to the newspaper.

In a brief statement with the Post, Warren once again apologized for claiming Native American heritage.

“I can’t go back,” she said. “But I am sorry for furthering confusion on tribal sovereignty and tribal citizenship and harm that resulted.”

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2019/02/06/instagram-purges-photo-of-elizabeth-warren-claiming-american-indian-race-on-professional-document/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR1sMjoGltY4FI_OiegGkGGI4tX0W_RorX9E-_jFdIwg_ugu92FJBK-DIyw&fbclid=IwAR1yJjpMteUjwtC3HOvtd_9q9mDZwCkbPAj4yfJoElFC0II1jZZkayCJXe4&fbclid=IwAR009xhb7fsFgfDaCilfigjkInC6e_bdxo_CAE5y1z3EIdtqx0jXw_wft1M
More media protecting their leftist agenda.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: February 07, 2019, 07:20:19 PM »
More media protecting their leftist agenda.

seriously.. just freakin' imagine for a second

if the exact same thing happened but it was a high ranking or even well known republican

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #473 on: February 08, 2019, 08:04:47 AM »
Yale editor chillingly urges fellow Yalies to act as a 'Stasi' to monitor white males
American Thinker ^ | Monica Showalter
Posted on 2/8/2019, 11:03:00 AM by RoosterRedux

At the Yale Daily News, East Germany had nothing on the paper's opinion editor, Isis Davis-Marks.

The Nazi SS had nothing. The Castroite Cuban turbas had nothing. Mao's cultural revolution had nothing.

Here's what Davis-Marks has in mind for Yale college kids:

Everyone knows a white boy with shiny brown hair and a saccharine smile that conceals his great ambitions. He could be in Grand Strategy or the Yale Political Union. Maybe he’s the editor-in-chief of the News. He takes his classes. He networks. And, when it comes time for graduation, he wins all the awards.
One day, I’ll turn on the television — or, who knows, maybe televisions will be obsolete by this point — and I’ll see him sitting down for his Senate confirmation hearing.

So here we have the lovely state of affairs at Yale University, which gave this mediocrity - after a clearly cossetted upbringing among the elites - an admission slot.

She's urging her fellow students to follow white males around, monitor them, spy on them, screenshot them, and document everything they do, in the hopes of ruining their careers at some point 30 years further down the line.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #474 on: February 08, 2019, 10:41:24 AM »
Yale editor chillingly urges fellow Yalies to act as a 'Stasi' to monitor white males
American Thinker ^ | Monica Showalter
Posted on 2/8/2019, 11:03:00 AM by RoosterRedux

At the Yale Daily News, East Germany had nothing on the paper's opinion editor, Isis Davis-Marks.

The Nazi SS had nothing. The Castroite Cuban turbas had nothing. Mao's cultural revolution had nothing.

Here's what Davis-Marks has in mind for Yale college kids:

Everyone knows a white boy with shiny brown hair and a saccharine smile that conceals his great ambitions. He could be in Grand Strategy or the Yale Political Union. Maybe he’s the editor-in-chief of the News. He takes his classes. He networks. And, when it comes time for graduation, he wins all the awards.
One day, I’ll turn on the television — or, who knows, maybe televisions will be obsolete by this point — and I’ll see him sitting down for his Senate confirmation hearing.

So here we have the lovely state of affairs at Yale University, which gave this mediocrity - after a clearly cossetted upbringing among the elites - an admission slot.

She's urging her fellow students to follow white males around, monitor them, spy on them, screenshot them, and document everything they do, in the hopes of ruining their careers at some point 30 years further down the line.

Then do the same to her & those like her
No doubt she’d find something to complain about then.