Author Topic: New Video Shows ACORN Officials Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute' in Washington DC  (Read 5155 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: New Video Shows ACORN Officials Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute' in Washington DC
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2009, 11:13:28 AM »
Where , indeed? If a canvasser gets paid by the registration, what would possess them to hand in as many registrations as possible, even if some of them are false?  I can't come up with an obvious, staring-me-dead-in-the-face reason as to why they would do such a thing.

eta: that article you just posted really skews the facts. A lot of what is printed in it is just lies.

Oh, the prosecutor was lying who brought a criminal action?

The election official was lying?   

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: New Video Shows ACORN Officials Helping 'Pimp,' 'Prostitute' in Washington DC
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2009, 11:22:47 AM »
Oh, the prosecutor was lying who brought a criminal action?

The election official was lying?   

Why do you ever bother, these people only work for ACORN and represent ACORN, but it's always a isolated incident ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:08 AM »
Al, we debated this before.  ACORN does receive federal grants and funds.  Significant amounts of the federal funds they receive may be initially appropriated to another group but its well known the funds are transferred or trickle down to ACORN.  The gov also asked groups including ACORN for assistance in the census.  Thats inappropriate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2009, 11:24:38 AM »
Why do you ever bother, these people only work for ACORN and represent ACORN, but it's always a isolated incident ::)

Al said I posted an article with falsehoods.  

I am asking him if the prosecutors, election offocials et al are all lying?  

Al - give me a break - ACORN is an organized crime ring on to itself.  

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2009, 11:36:37 AM »
Al, we debated this before.  ACORN does receive federal grants and funds.  Significant amounts of the federal funds they receive may be initially appropriated to another group but its well known the funds are transferred or trickle down to ACORN.  The gov also asked groups including ACORN for assistance in the census.  Thats inappropriate.

The gov asked 30,000 different groups to PROMOTE the census. since the 70s, people have been hesitant to be involved with it. ACORN is not getting money for that.

ACORN does not receive any federal funds. If they get hired by an organization that receives federal funds that is not them receiving "trickle down" funds.  ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2009, 11:57:10 AM »
Al said I posted an article with falsehoods.  

I am asking him if the prosecutors, election offocials et al are all lying?  

Al - give me a break - ACORN is an organized crime ring on to itself.  

There are instances of some of the people in the article lying, but it's more of a case of the author taking things out of context and you not paying very close attention. There is way too much to sift through, and I know you're just going to willfully ignore it anyway, so I won't bother to get too detailed, though I'm tempted. But here's an example:

The stink is bad enough that some congressional Democrats have taken notice. At a March 19 hearing on election problems, Michigan Rep. John Conyers, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, pressed New York Rep. Gerald Nadler, chairman of the Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil Rights and Civil Liberties, to hold a hearing on Acorn. He called the charges against it "serious." Mr. Nadler agreed to consider the request.

Mr. Nadler's office now says there will be no hearing on Acorn because Mr. Conyers has changed his mind. Mr. Conyers's office released a statement on Monday saying that after reviewing "the complaints against Acorn, I have concluded that a hearing on this matter appears unwarranted at this time." A Democratic staffer told me he believes the House leadership put pressure on Mr. Conyers to back down. Mr. Conyers's office says it is "unaware" of any contacts with House leaders.

This is just asinine..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2009, 03:29:42 PM »
Good grief.  I heard a liberal on a show the other day talking about how Democrats need to distance themselves from ACORN.  That was before this story broke.