Author Topic: Dex was robbed !  (Read 6262 times)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
Dex was robbed !
« on: September 27, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »
I come back here after a long break in the mountains of china, only to find that bodybuilding has once again threw away all credibility.

Tell me, how the jaw 'wide waist' gutler get 1st ahead of dexter? not to mention branch 'frankenstein' warren beating him too for that matter.

yes, jay improved his titanic like waterlogged condition of previous years, but it still wasn't anywhere near dexters level. Jay beats him on mass and height, nothing else. Also if you photoshopped dexter to jays height i guarentee that dex holds more mass per inch than jaw gutler. While still maintaining his slim waist, symetry, conditioning, seperation.  8)

However i can accept that if mass and height are classed as more important that all these other things by the judges ( which is not bodybuilding) then yes jaw gutler should have won over dexter.

Now onto branch  >:(

This guy is hard working, has tons of mass, a heart of a lion, a never say die attitude, and possibly the best conditioning of anyone around right now including dexter. What he does not have is arms, symetry, seperation, a pleasing physique or the title of best physique in the world. He has a torn right lat, his arms are horrendous, and his body parts have no flow, and despite his great conditioning. He looks like he is made from a collection of different peoples bodyparts.

175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
Re: Dex was robbed !
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »
When has branch ever looked this good:
175lbs by 31st July

spinnis

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:23:16 PM »
I almost forgot how much Branch CRUSHED Dex, thx

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
Jay was the clear winner IMO, but Dex was clearly second.

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
Dexters back is better, but dex has no calves and dex arms are better.
TEAM WOLF

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 12:25:32 PM »
jay dex and kai all should have placed ahead of him. he looked good though.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 12:29:53 PM »
and more  ::)

really there is no comparison dex was robbed. Just as many greats in the past have been too, like nasser, ray etc
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 12:31:14 PM »
now this pic of jay and dex says it all regarding his beating of dex , how can this fridge ever ever ever beat dexter with a waist like that ::)
175lbs by 31st July

3Dkiller

• Getbig IV
  • Fuck The New World Order
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 12:31:42 PM »
judges ~O-O~

branch ahead of Dex no...  Jay Cutler MR olympia Yes.
TEAM WOLF

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »
now this pic of jay and dex says it all regarding his beating of dex , how can this fridge ever ever ever beat dexter with a waist like that ::)

who's the black kid?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2009, 12:35:26 PM »
whos that fat waterlogged guy with zero conditioning  ::)
175lbs by 31st July

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2009, 12:37:41 PM »
Ha! You're back after a 'long break' and the first thing you do is piss and moan!? Should have stayed away 'longer.'  ;)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »
Ha! You're back after a 'long break' and the first thing you do is piss and moan!? Should have stayed away 'longer.'  ;)

of course - its the olympia after all.  ;)

p.s. dex was robbed !
175lbs by 31st July

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2009, 12:42:23 PM »
I almost forgot how much Branch CRUSHED Dex, thx
Branch gets killed from the back! And his lack of forearms and smallish upper arms compared to huge shredded legs (some of the best in the pro ranks) give him a T-Rex look

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2009, 12:43:21 PM »

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 12:56:28 PM »
I head Dex ahead of Branch as well. Branch 2nd place was a tough call.

Places 2-5 could have been either way, back and forth.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »
all things considered,dex should be proud to win 1 mro ,when in fact shawn ray who dex has been often compared in terms of similar build,and long time top 5 pro at the o never won one.dex shows up in top form as ray did for over ten yrs.

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 01:15:47 PM »
Of course Jay has a wider waist than Dexter...but look how much wider his shoulders, etc., are than Dex's.  Afterall, he must have outweighed Dexter by 30-35 lbs and was just as conditioned.  Additionally, Jay had no gut distention which is incredible given his size. 

In the Branch/Dex comparison, I think Branch wins every pose except the rear double biceps.  Nice to see Branch get rewarded for dialing it in!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 01:16:19 PM »
When comparing bodybuilders you HAVE to compare them standing next to each other. If you take their pics individually, Dex absolutely demolishes the other but once u put him next to Jay its not so clear anymore. In my mind it could have went either way, but Dex did not emerge as a clear cut winner at all.

As far as getting 3rd, WOW. Talk about getting robbed! I still can't understand that decision.
follow the arrows

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »
Of course Jay has a wider waist than Dexter...but look how much wider his shoulders, etc., are than Dex's.  Afterall, he must have outweighed Dexter by 30-35 lbs and was just as conditioned.  Additionally, Jay had no gut distention which is incredible given his size. 

In the Branch/Dex comparison, I think Branch wins every pose except the rear double biceps.  Nice to see Branch get rewarded for dialing it in!
Your last statement is quite telling. He got "rewarded" for dialing it in, not for beating Dex, Phil, Vic.  If this is true, then the judging criteria is bunk. So if joj and Melvin finally come in diced they deserved a high placing as well, we've all been waiting for them to actually deliver

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »
Your last statement is quite telling. He got "rewarded" for dialing it in, not for beating Dex, Phil, Vic.  If this is true, then the judging criteria is bunk. So if joj and Melvin finally come in diced they deserved a high placing as well, we've all been waiting for them to actually deliver
he did belong in the top 5 without a doubt.. branch had sick conditioning and he was fuggin huge, so 3rd place was pretty much a given because Kai and Phil lacked conditioning. But 2nd place over Dex was going a bit too far IMO.
follow the arrows

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 01:57:57 PM »
he did belong in the top 5 without a doubt.. branch had sick conditioning and he was fuggin huge, so 3rd place was pretty much a given because Kai and Phil lacked conditioning. But 2nd place over Dex was going a bit too far IMO.
Problem is, just because Branch was conditioned doesn't mean he should pla e high. If we were to take only conditioning, Andreas Munzer would have multiple O's even after his death. Branch looked his best when he first turned pro. But if we look at Branch's back versus, Dex, Kai, Phil, Vic, we see Branch coming up short. I want to to know the justification of all this. With the Ronnie and Dorian era you knew the reasons why. Now not so, why is that.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 01:58:32 PM »
i agree branch looks like a load of bodyparts thrown together, front double bi is horrible. his lack of forerms are possibly some of the worst I've ever seen on a mr o competitor

Royal Lion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 01:59:49 PM »
My last statement included that Branch won every pose except the RDB against Dexter imo.  And, yes, he did get rewarded for dialing it in, but conditioning is a huge part of the judging criteria.  And yes, if Melvin could Dial it in the way Branch did, he would be top 3 probably.  Branch simply had too much size and too much conditioning for Dex to beat him...Dex is more aesthetic, but Branch was better last night plain and simple.  

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 02:30:42 PM »

Jay is twice Dex's size, obviously his waist is going to be proportionately bigger, look at the difference in shoulder width.

Oh and speaking of big waists, you should really be one to talk, calling the kettle black ;)