Author Topic: Trainning with a Kidney Stone  (Read 3519 times)

bigjoered

• Getbig II
Trainning with a Kidney Stone
« on: October 09, 2009, 06:01:26 AM »
Well this is just great I am in the middle of some intense bulking and mass building prep for my upcoming meet in November and I got a freaking kidney stone.  I have never had one before so I don't what had hit me Monday night while laying in bed.  I suddenly got an insane lower back spasm which eventually lead to a throbbing abdominal ache.  At first I thought that I perhaps some kind of way pulled my lower back while loading some heavy plates between squats and the sled but when the pain crept up in to my stomach I knew something was wrong.

Anyhow two ER visits later and a urology appointment scheduled for next week I am in a dilemma, should I still train?  I missed my chest and bicep day Wednesday because of pure exhaustion ( and I never miss) if I don't train today I will have missed a crucial deadlift day.  I have good pain control going with meds and now I am feeling about 85%, should I train still?

I have not yet passed the 6mm stone.

Do pros train under these conditions?

bigjoered

• Getbig II
Re: Trainning with a Kidney Stone
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:27:01 PM »
Update:  Could do squat in way to much pain and seriously weak.  I am scheduled for a litho/ laser surgery Wednesday so will see.  The procedure is outpatient so I should be able to be back in the gym Monday.  I don't wish kidney stones on any of you fellow getbiggers its seriously hell.  Later...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 06:15:06 PM »
a friends' hubby collapsed a few years back from one... thought he was dying.  another female friend had to have hers blasted.  prayers with you... from what i hear, it's gonna be painful but you'll have a renewed appreciation for life afterwards!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 03:37:31 PM »
I've heard heavy lower body movements can generate a lot of pressure in the abdominal/pelvic cavities, which might not feel great on mister kidney stone.  Maybe take a break from squats and DLs and work on your beach muscles for a bit 8)